Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

Oh Kim, are you gonna do a whole switcheroo that might actually make me respect you?  By accident?

Sometimes I think before people can choose sobriety, they have to actually have a sense that they choose stuff.  And that can look a lot like thumbing your nose at the whole damn thing.  This can be a first half step! Taking responsibility - at the most minimal level - by doing drugs and not lying about it. But the key here - second half step - is that her alleged support system has to respond non co-dependently.  (Although, technically, she could just refuse their dynamic but she's too mental for that)

I actually don't give a fuck whether Kim is sober or working a program.  That's one way, and a good one, to do a more fundamental thing: I am more interested in her gaining an honest relationship to her ability to choose and the consequences thus far.  Also,  I would like to see Kim with a little dignity. THAT WOULD BE AN AMAZING PLOT TWIST - Kim actually individuates like an adult!!!! 

• Love 3

Does this mean Brandi lied about visiting Kim in Rehab?  Or was Brandi or so cleverly trying to clue the paparazzi in on where Kim was really staying by telling the world she what day she would be visiting Kim again.  If Kim is in sober living instead of a "dual diagnostic" center it may be for the very reason that Kim plans on leaving to go to her daughter's wedding.  I don't know of many rehabs that agree to let someone go, in advance, while in treatment. 

To me, it sounds like once again Kim gets to have a fuss made over her.  It is no different from checking out of rehab and staying at the Beverly Hills Hotel for six months.  Kim gets to escape responsibility and it is all about Kim.  I wonder who is taking care of Minty in her absence?

• Love 5

Does this mean Brandi lied about visiting Kim in Rehab?  Or was Brandi or so cleverly trying to clue the paparazzi in on where Kim was really staying by telling the world she what day she would be visiting Kim again.  If Kim is in sober living instead of a "dual diagnostic" center it may be for the very reason that Kim plans on leaving to go to her daughter's wedding.  I don't know of many rehabs that agree to let someone go, in advance, while in treatment. 

To me, it sounds like once again Kim gets to have a fuss made over her.  It is no different from checking out of rehab and staying at the Beverly Hills Hotel for six months.  Kim gets to escape responsibility and it is all about Kim.  I wonder who is taking care of Minty in her absence?

Does anyone know roughly where she is? Or suspect?  I didn't know sober living places take anyone.  I though a patient had to be just out of rehab.  There are definitely centers that do more detox and less to no rehabilitation.  But it's like a detox from gluten or whatever.  Incidentally, you are supposed to be sober.  

• Love 2

Does this mean Brandi lied about visiting Kim in Rehab? Or was Brandi or so cleverly trying to clue the paparazzi in on where Kim was really staying by telling the world she what day she would be visiting Kim again.

Im almost convinced this was why Kathy made this tweet now.

2lwlmaw.png

Brandi, being the big mouth she is, cant keep a secret to save her life. It kinda makes sense why Kathy had been tweeting a shit storm the last few days. She wants the public to believe Kim is doing fabulous "in rehab".

• Love 1

2lwlmaw.png

Brandi, being the big mouth she is, cant keep a secret to save her life. It kinda makes sense why Kathy had been tweeting a shit storm the last few days. She wants the public to believe Kim is doing fabulous "in rehab".

So no more Hilton Christmas parties for Brandi?

2lwlmaw.png

I know Kathy has been in Europe and back in time for her son's graduation yesterday-I presume she went.  So she has not been able to visit Kim for a bit.  I just get the impression Kathy and Kim's kids are pretty much happy warehousing Kim until the wedding.  Kim is learning life goes on.  Maybe she is burning up the midnight phone lines with Brandi telling her that Kathy is too busy for her. 

• Love 3

Doesn't Kathy have anything better to do?  Don't all of them?  Good grief!  If Kathy (and the rest of them) had any sense at all, they'd stay OFF the social media sites, behave like adults, and stay absolutely mum. EVERYBODY knows that Brandi is a liar.  Who believes her anymore?  IMHO, Kathy is belittling herself and her entire family by hopping onto Twitter and "getting back" at Brandi.  It seems to me that the only way the Hiltons can help the situation is to IGNORE Brandi!!!  They're playing into her filthy hands by replying to her.  Why is Kathy stooping down to Brandi's level?   I'd like to knock on Kathy's head and ask whether anyone is home in there.

• Love 8

2lwlmaw.png

I don't know. No one thinks Brandi is lovely. She may be talking about someone else. 

• Love 13

This is a rather curious situation.

I assumed that the rehab that Kim checked into was not the one Dr. Phil recommended based on his final comments because when he said that Kim went to rehab he was relying on reports.  Then he goes on to plug Malibu Sober Living.  If you look up Malibu Sober Living, it is within the model's framework for people to not be confined to the facility, my read was that this is the place someone goes after being released from an inpatient facility but at the same time they do individualized/customized programs so someone may go there in lieu of rehab, especially if (my assumption) it's a relapse situation and the person has not fallen too deeply into substance/chemical dependency.

I can believe that Kim is in rehab/sober living especially if she is in a  facility that adheres to the Malibu model of treatment which is less rigid than the traditional model.  My question is if the facility Dr. Phil mentioned to Kim during the interview was the same one he promoted at the end of the program.

• Love 3

I don't know. No one thinks Brandi is lovely. She may be talking about someone else.

Yeah I agree regarding this particular tweet, my guess is that Lisa Rinna is who is being referenced in the forked tongue tweet and Brandi was the person being referenced in a previous tweet where she thanked Joanna Krupa for not capitalizing off another person's misfortune.

• Love 4

Yeah I agree regarding this particular tweet, my guess is that Lisa Rinna is who is being referenced in the forked tongue tweet and Brandi was the person being referenced in a previous tweet where she thanked Joanna Krupa for not capitalizing off another person's misfortune.

I was thinking Lisa Vanderpump-since she made this comment http://www.inquisitr.com/2052180/reality-wife-lisa-vanderpump-explains-her-comment-about-kim-richards-future-with-rhobh-if-it-makes-her-drink-thats-a-worry/  I don't think Kathy and/or Kim appreciate Lisa essentially inviting her to leave the show-out of concern of course.

Yeah, how invested in this is he?

I guess it depends on if the ratings soared.  I am not a Dr. Phil watcher-I watched it and if I were not a viewer of RHOBH it would have not made much sense.

• Love 3
(edited)

This is a rather curious situation.

I assumed that the rehab that Kim checked into was not the one Dr. Phil recommended based on his final comments because when he said that Kim went to rehab he was relying on reports.  Then he goes on to plug Malibu Sober Living.  If you look up Malibu Sober Living, it is within the model's framework for people to not be confined to the facility, my read was that this is the place someone goes after being released from an inpatient facility but at the same time they do individualized/customized programs so someone may go there in lieu of rehab, especially if (my assumption) it's a relapse situation and the person has not fallen too deeply into substance/chemical dependency.

I can believe that Kim is in rehab/sober living especially if she is in a  facility that adheres to the Malibu model of treatment which is less rigid than the traditional model.  My question is if the facility Dr. Phil mentioned to Kim during the interview was the same one he promoted at the end of the program.

Heck, for all any of us know, Kim could be staying at a friends Malibu beach house waiting for the smoke to clear. There is no way to know where she went or if she really went. The site/blogger assumed Kim was actually in a sober living facility because Kim would not be off grounds so early had she really been in rehab. No one in the family is revealing where Kim went, be it rehab, a sober living facility or a hotel/friends house.

I don't think Kim went to the facility Dr Phil recommended, he would have just said that Kim changed her mind and agreed to go in, instead he said he "was told she went into rehab". IMO, DP has nothing to do with where Kim is or the type of treatment she is/isn't getting. At this point, I really suspect that Kim is just biding her time somewhere she can pretty much do as she wants without the paps bugging her, be it a lax sober living facility, a friends beach house or a hotel, I do not believe she is getting clean/sober.   JMO

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7

IMO shes not talking about Rinna. She still follows Rinna and Lisa hasnt said a word about Kim since the reunion and the arrest if you really keep track of her tweets. Lisa V has only said one thing, echoing the same thing most have and thats if Kim cant hack reality tv she might need to leave (probably still pissed that TMZ ran a story that Kim blamed her for her addiction woes). Im still sticking with Brandi because she's the only one that had Kim's back in the cast and shes been running her mouth in the media a bit since she unveiled her wine. Plus Kim fans on Twitter have taken a liking to Brandi for "protecting" Kim most of the season. If it's true Kathy unfollowed Brandi since it would make sense. Kathy probably has woke up that Brandi cant keep her mouth shut especially Kathy is trying to lead people on that Kim is in 30 day program which she isnt.

• Love 4

My question is if the facility Dr. Phil mentioned to Kim during the interview was the same one he promoted at the end of the program.

He gave it a shout-out because it was the place he recommended, and they had that promo mention as part of the deal. He has arrangements with a number of facilities.

Since I'm such a Nosy Parker, I'm still curious as to the cocktail of substances that Kim has been on for this last go-round. It's known she's added opiates to the mix, but ... inquiring minds!

• Love 2

I'm just going to toss out my theory that Kim is abusing human pineal glad extract. You know she would if she could. And probably everything else as well.

And Kathy needs to quit with the "forked tongue" nonsense. Say what you want without being racist.

• Love 3

I'm just going to toss out my theory that Kim is abusing human pineal glad extract. You know she would if she could. And probably everything else as well.

And Kathy needs to quit with the "forked tongue" nonsense. Say what you want without being racist.

To me "forked tongue" means that you are making promises that you do not intend to  keep.  Snakes have forked tongues; a person with a "forked tongue" is snakelike or sneaky. Is there any other meaning?  Brandi says she has Kim's best interests at heart.  She doesn't; she has Brandi and only Brandi's best interests at heart.  Speaking out now about Kim keeps Brandi in the news enough to promote the wine she's shilling.  It does nothing good for Kim.

You did make me google human pineal gland, though.

• Love 7
(edited)

To me forked tongue means you speak out of both sides of your mouth and I think that applies to most any of them.

Also, Kim has to come to rehab or any program, as ineffective as they are, on her own accord for any hope of it working. If she is ready, really has had enough and wants to stop, she probably wouldn't even need a program. Most "addicts" something like 70% of those who finally kick it do so on their own.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200407/the-surprising-truth-about-addiction

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 5

Thank you! That makes sense because I was thinking that Brandi was being referred to twice and that didn't make sense.

• Love 1

IMO shes not talking about Rinna. She still follows Rinna and Lisa hasnt said a word about Kim since the reunion and the arrest if you really keep track of her tweets. Lisa V has only said one thing, echoing the same thing most have and thats if Kim cant hack reality tv she might need to leave (probably still pissed that TMZ ran a story that Kim blamed her for her addiction woes). Im still sticking with Brandi because she's the only one that had Kim's back in the cast and shes been running her mouth in the media a bit since she unveiled her wine. Plus Kim fans on Twitter have taken a liking to Brandi for "protecting" Kim most of the season. If it's true Kathy unfollowed Brandi since it would make sense. Kathy probably has woke up that Brandi cant keep her mouth shut especially Kathy is trying to lead people on that Kim is in 30 day program which she isnt.

Just a thought-but I think the mental midget Kathy is mad at Rinna for questioning Kim's sobriety.  Even though after Poker Night the one to bring it up was Brandi followed by Rinna and Davidson.  I just think it is telling that Kim thought she apologized and then changed it to she was going to tell them at the Reunion-talk about making the ratings go up-but they were being too judgmental. 

Speaking with a forked tongue is a Native American expression, and familiar currently from offensive stereotypes in old movies. Kathy isn't Native American and should know better than to use that expression. She could say "talking out of both sides of her mouth" or "two faced" to have the same meaning without being offensive. Link below for the history of the expression.

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/31172/speaking-with-a-forked-tongue

I know this is the least of that families problems...

Just a thought-but I think the mental midget Kathy is mad at Rinna for questioning Kim's sobriety.  Even though after Poker Night the one to bring it up was Brandi followed by Rinna and Davidson.  I just think it is telling that Kim thought she apologized and then changed it to she was going to tell them at the Reunion-talk about making the ratings go up-but they were being too judgmental. 

IMO, Kathy is just putting that out there to any of the HW's that would dare to say word one about Kim/arrest/addictions/rehab, including Brandi. I think it was a warning and a big "STFU" to Brandi because she is talking about Kim the most.

Its not a Native American expression but it is an offensive expression about them. I always thought it defined the breaking of treaties (lies) by the government and not the NA so for awhile after it was considered offensive I couldn't figure out why. I guess I just assumed it was the government side that was lying.

Speaking with a forked tongue is a Native American expression, and familiar currently from offensive stereotypes in old movies. Kathy isn't Native American and should know better than to use that expression. She could say "talking out of both sides of her mouth" or "two faced" to have the same meaning without being offensive. Link below for the history of the expression.

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/31172/speaking-with-a-forked-tongue

I know this is the least of that families problems...

This is the same woman, Kathy, that tried to sell a show about rescuing homeless people by calling them "bums" in the title. She could careless about anything she says being considered offensive.

• Love 4
(edited)

IMO, Kathy is just putting that out there to any of the HW's that would dare to say word one about Kim/arrest/addictions/rehab, including Brandi. I think it was a warning and a big "STFU" to Brandi because she is talking about Kim the most.

Other than Brandi, whats gonna happen if any HW or well known speaks out about Kim... not be invited to yearly Xmas party?? Us little people surely aren't invited no matter how much truthserum (dot) org we speak about Kim. I love how these Hiltons-Richards (I like Kyle but sometimes she annoys me too when she calls out Radar or Inquistor for posting untruths or inconsistencies. They are gossip, trashrag blogs of course they post dumb shit) and those other talentless wonders Kardashians-Jenners can put themselves on reality tv to share their lives but when their lives get too real no one should comment or else. That goes without saying they love to control the media as well.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2
(edited)

I never thought about Lisa Rinna being the object of Kathy's tweet, but that's not a bad guess.  Kim and Lisa had the violent argument that led to Rinna smashing the glass.  Then, at the reunion, the two of them fought again -- Kim's lie about Rinna's husband.  Rinna wouldn't have to make a public statement, but she could spread something vicious around town that would catch on like wildfire.  While Brandi is still the logical suspect, IMO, it very well could be Lisa.

Edited by Lura
(edited)

Ok if Kathy's tweets remotely are speaking to Lisa R - why now?? Again Lisa R has been quiet about the Kim matter minus the tweet about Kim and Brandi have lawsuits dealing with Joanna Krupa and the dog! Then days later Kim's gets arrested, not a sound from Rinna since! Kathy could had been said something to Lisa R when the season was happening. Unless Rinna has been talking away from Twitter maybe. Im like Wire that Kathy is threwing out subliminal warnings to people in their circle to say basically say "no comment" about anything Kim-related or pull the Krupa move and kiss Kim's ass out of respect to Kyle. Too bad Brandi and lesser degree Lisa V, Bethenny, Lydia and Kandi didnt get the message ahead of time. Just to add, Lisa V sure doesnt need to capitalize off the likes of Kim Richards. I understood why Lisa V commented. Days after Kim's arrest she gets blamed for Kim being off the invisible wagon. Not to mention, shes saying what many fans want - Kim needs to leave the show if she cant hack the heat. Thats not bad, just honesty. Brandi, the thirst is real! She'll grab at any little pub she can to look good to sell that wine of hers, she needs the capitalization. Lydia from OC said Kim needs Jesus and shes has book too but I doubt shes on the same wave as Brandi needing the pub to sell her book.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

I think that Kathy is talking about Lisa V. People think she is "lovely". This is a term that is often used to describe her. Certainly no one has been running around calling Brandi "lovely" for quite a long time. More importantly, Kathy is not following Lisa V or giggy anymore, and she was up until not very long ago. She is also not following Brandi, but I had noticed that stopped not long after a lot of the shit on the show started happening - I think probably 3 or 4 months ago. The Lisa V. deal is much more recent.  She is still following Lisar, so I don't think she is talking about her.  Lisa V recently spoke out about Kim, and throwing some shade at Lisa V is also a good way to throw a little bit of shade at Kyle. 

• Love 7

My first thought would be LisaR, just because she is the one who said at the reunion: "Who is Kathy? is Kathy God?"

Revenge is best served cold so I am thinking that Kathy is now just dishing it up, Kathy is so delusional that she thinks that this will have any effect on the viewers' perception but is nothing but a joke. After that interview with Dr. Phil (which she orchestrated) there is absolutely nothing that any RHBH Brandi included, can say that is worse than what Chad said, Kim still drinks, smokes pot, probably does coke (who do this ...I am assuming a hand gesture to his nose)  and also takes pain killers. All this coming from the mouth of her own child.

Kathy is probably feeling guilty because this interview backfired so horribly and is now warning one and all RHBH to shut it up about Kim, too late Kathy, thanks to Kim herself now we know what kind of awful human being she is and the addictions she battles.

• Love 6
(edited)

Black Mamba, just for fun, what do you think about Lisa V being the one Kathy was talking about?  I've always liked Lisa V, but I have to tell you that I was floored when she made that blunt statement.  In her tweet, Kathy refers to "the one everyone thinks is so lovely."  IMHO, that doesn't sound like Brandi!  Who thinks that Brandi is lovely?  Besides, it doesn't strike me as a word that anyone  would use for a younger woman, but it's a perfect description for an older woman.  Lisa V has played the good friend to Kyle (again), but then she turns around and says that Kyle's sister shouldn't be on the show if she can't hack it.  I'm not saying that you're wrong about Brandi.  Just checking them off the list and having a little fun with it.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 2
(edited)

I can't stand Brandi so my view is slanted.

But, who thinks Brandi is lovely, indeed?

Unfortunately I think Kathy might be talking about someone else.

Eta:Lisa V is a good guess.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

I think that Kathy is talking about Lisa V. People think she is "lovely". This is a term that is often used to describe her. Certainly no one has been running around calling Brandi "lovely" for quite a long time. More importantly, Kathy is not following Lisa V or giggy anymore, and she was up until not very long ago. She is also not following Brandi, but I had noticed that stopped not long after a lot of the shit on the show started happening - I think probably 3 or 4 months ago. The Lisa V. deal is much more recent.  She is still following Lisar, so I don't think she is talking about her.  Lisa V recently spoke out about Kim, and throwing some shade at Lisa V is also a good way to throw a little bit of shade at Kyle. 

That Kathy just stopped following LisaV/Giggy on twitter does point that comment in LisaV's direction but I also still think it was a warning to the other HWs as well. Kathy needs to realize that most viewers are on LisaV's side of this, not hers/Kim's side. LisaV's comment showed more concern about Kim's wellbeing than her sister Kathy's, you know, the good, enabling, sister, comments/actions have. And if Kathy is also trying to throw some shade at Kyle, then she is as sick, twisted as little Kimmie is and they deserve each other. I say, let Kathy have Kim and she can deal with all the nonsense that comes along with her, including that dog, they can live in Kathy's guest house or if need be build one on the property for her/Kingsley to live. LOL

• Love 7

That Kathy just stopped following LisaV/Giggy on twitter does point that comment in LisaV's direction but I also still think it was a warning to the other HWs as well. Kathy needs to realize that most viewers are on LisaV's side of this, not hers/Kim's side. LisaV's comment showed more concern about Kim's wellbeing than her sister Kathy's, you know, the good, enabling, sister, comments/actions have. And if Kathy is also trying to throw some shade at Kyle, then she is as sick, twisted as little Kimmie is and they deserve each other. I say, let Kathy have Kim and she can deal with all the nonsense that comes along with her, including that dog, they can live in Kathy's guest house or if need be build one on the property for her/Kingsley to live. LOL

Kathy is probably in panic mood about now. Kim has spoken about her like the perfect sister, the one who cares about her, the one who always support her no matter what, who always has her back.

Kim if she doesn't get her Bravo contract renewed is going to have all day long to enjoy her free time, we all know what Kim likes to do in her free time, so Kim is about to become a full time job for Kathy and she is just not having it. Kathy orchestrated that interview with Dr. Phil to clean Kim's image and secure her a spot on RHBH season 6, Kyle has always going to battle for Kim (my assumption) but those bridges were burnt so now Kim is about to become Kathy's full time responsibility.

The interview and the PR promotion that Kim is in rehab IMO had the intended purpose of allow Kim to continue in the show. Kathy knows that Kim is going to do whatever she wants to do no matter what anybody says , but at least the show keeps her occupied and trying to pretend to be sober. If Kim doesn't come back to the show Kathy will have her hands full. Lisa V is now messing with that because she has stated that if the show is too stressful for KIm then maybe she shouldn't come back , this is just common sense but Kathy is not about to let common sense interfere with her social schedule. No way no how.

• Love 7

LOL, WireWrap.

Those Hilton "girls" really ARE funny!   Poor things.  There really should be a TV rip-off of them.  They're so rich and have nothing to do but gossip and make life miserable for the rest of the world.  I saw a funny video online called "The Hiltons."  I have no idea where it was or how it ever began to play on this computer!  It started out with the three sisters playing with makeup in Kathy's livingroom.  Bottles and jars everywhere.  Then, of course, for the benefit of the camera, they began talking about how lucky they are.  *giggle*  They decided to fix a lunch for a homeless person, went into the kitchen, and threw the most God-awful sandwich together.  It looked like bologna.  They took a bottled drink along, piled into Kathy's big, black SUV, and took off to find someone homeless.  They drove halfway around BH, finding no one,  They were dead serious, which made it all the more funny.  Finally, Kyle spotted a black man waiting for a bus.  She hollered out the window, "DO YOU NEED HELP?"  Poor man didn't know what she was talking about, so she yelled it again.  Finally, she dangled a brown bag out of her window and yelled at him to come here!  He didn't need help.  He was just waiting on the bus.  Kyle thrust the bag containing the sandwich and the cold drink at him and said, "Here.  Here's lunch."  The man finally took it and walked back to the bench he'd been on, totally confused.  And the Hiltons were so PROUD of themselves for helping a homeless man who wasn't!  End of video.  It was one of the lamest things I've ever seen.  Those "girls" need help!   They probably spent the rest of the afternoon on Twitter, unfollowing people.

• Love 4

Check it out everyone Brandi is stilltalking and saying Kim's "rehab" is like the four seasons

http://www.eonline.com/news/655446/brandi-glanville-talks-visiting-kim-richards-in-rehab-jokes-that-it-s-like-the-four-seasons

I saw that and thought-hey dumbshit-referring to Brandi, of course addicts don't want to hear, "the jig is up we can we can see you are using."  Help was being offered and it does not make the person offering help a bad person.  It does make a dumbshit like Brandi a bad person because she knew Kim was under the influence, supported her in her attack of others.  In fact dumbshit stirred the pot as far as Lisa Rinna is concerned. 

Here is the deal abused woman don't want to hear that they need to get out of the relationship but you still express concern and offer help.  Obese people don't want to hear about dieting, gamblers don't want to hear about their problems, people who pick away at their face don't want to hear their attention to a tiny zit is unnecessary and any number of addictions feel the same way.  Brandi was more concerned keeping Kim's friendship and alliance than truly helping her.  I want to hear someone-although there is zero interest in interviewing Brandi seriously, replay the scenes where Brandi keeps attacking the others for questioning she or Kim's sobriety.

• Love 2
(edited)

I agree - I think it's Lisa V.  No one, not even her greatest friends, would describe Brandi as "lovely."  

Look, I'm sure the Richards sisters think that Lisa V. betrayed them by making that comment about Kim.  And there's a time, maybe, I would have thought "Eh, Lisa, that's a little shady."  Because Lady Vanderpump could teach a master class in Shade.  

But no longer.  My attitude now is that all the women have a total right to be fed up with Kim, and to say and do whatever they want to do.  I think they have all been muzzled for years, because of Kyle's begging, to keep Kim's bad behavior under wraps.  They were "loyal" and "good friends" and only occasionally - like Taylor at the S1 reunion, saying to Kim "do you want to talk about your state of mind at the table that night?" - did they allude to the truth.  

But imagine it.  You've had a job for six years.  One co-worker is constantly late.  They're temperamental and "ornery."  They consistently lie.  They hold you up for hours and hours because they don't show up for work; when they do show up, they're hard to work with.  You're forced to cover up for them with the public, primarily because their sister begs you to do so.  If you ever dare to even hint at your real feelings (like Lisa V in Paris), you're pummeled.  By the fifth year, the woman becomes combative and vicious and attacks either you or your other coworkers.

And you're still supposed to support her?  You're still supposed to pretend it's all fine?  You're still supposed to cover for her and advocate for her to keep her job?

Even after the last reunion, when Lisa Rinna let out her emotions and anger about Kim on twitter, Kyle chastised her and got an apology.  And now Lisa Vanderpump makes an extremely benign statement about "move on if this isn't a healthy environment" and gets shunned by the Good Sister Kathy.

Nope.  And I think, frankly, it's incredibly nervy of both Kyle and Kathy to be demanding that sort of silence and tacit support from their cast members.  In fact, I might suggest it's one of the reasons Kim thinks she can behave so badly and get away with it: because for twenty years, her sisters have been following along behind her, cleaning up after her and pretending there was never a mess in the first place.  

The airplane a-hole son of Kathy said the same thing on the plane, when he was acting out - promising that his father would pay out hundreds of thousands of dollars to get him out of trouble, that he'd done it before.  That's what the Richards strategy is, apparently: purchase silence or demand loyalty.

Enough.  I desperately hope Kim doesn't return next year - it's played out and smothers everything else, just like addiction does to a real family, it sucks the oxygen out of every other storyline - but if she MUST come back, I hope it's with a condition:  everyone will tell the truth about her, all the time.  No more free passes for the witch.

Edited by ottergirl
  • Love 16
(edited)

Its not a Native American expression but it is an offensive expression about them. I always thought it defined the breaking of treaties (lies) by the government and not the NA so for awhile after it was considered offensive I couldn't figure out why. I guess I just assumed it was the government side that was lying.

It is a Native American expression. It does refer to the government lying to us. Being two faced is a better description. Having a forked tongue is not.

A person probably shouldn't throw out "forked tongue". Two faced is accepted. Forked tongue carries a lot of weight. To keep it simple, those are fighting words.

Edited by MissMel
  • Love 1

LOL, WireWrap.

Those Hilton "girls" really ARE funny!   Poor things.  There really should be a TV rip-off of them.  They're so rich and have nothing to do but gossip and make life miserable for the rest of the world.  I saw a funny video online called "The Hiltons."  I have no idea where it was or how it ever began to play on this computer!  It started out with the three sisters playing with makeup in Kathy's livingroom.  Bottles and jars everywhere.  Then, of course, for the benefit of the camera, they began talking about how lucky they are.  *giggle*  They decided to fix a lunch for a homeless person, went into the kitchen, and threw the most God-awful sandwich together.  It looked like bologna.  They took a bottled drink along, piled into Kathy's big, black SUV, and took off to find someone homeless.  They drove halfway around BH, finding no one,  They were dead serious, which made it all the more funny.  Finally, Kyle spotted a black man waiting for a bus.  She hollered out the window, "DO YOU NEED HELP?"  Poor man didn't know what she was talking about, so she yelled it again.  Finally, she dangled a brown bag out of her window and yelled at him to come here!  He didn't need help.  He was just waiting on the bus.  Kyle thrust the bag containing the sandwich and the cold drink at him and said, "Here.  Here's lunch."  The man finally took it and walked back to the bench he'd been on, totally confused.  And the Hiltons were so PROUD of themselves for helping a homeless man who wasn't!  End of video.  It was one of the lamest things I've ever seen.  Those "girls" need help!   They probably spent the rest of the afternoon on Twitter, unfollowing people.

Kathy married a Hilton. Kim and Kyle were born with the last name of Richards and have never been Hiltons. Just clarifying because I see this mistake made a lot. The youtube video is of some failed pilot but I can't remember what it was supposed to be called. It's easy to see why the show didn't get picked up LOL. It's even more amusing to see Kim asking these people if they'd like for her to give them an "opportunity" like she's somebody who has her shit enough together to go handing out life changing opportunities to people. 

• Love 4

I had no idea that a forked tongue was a slur. I don't get that. Why can't a tongue description be applied to anyone? It's just suggesting that someone is snakelike or coldblooded IMO. That's how it came across to me. 

• Love 7

I think that Kathy is talking about Lisa V. People think she is "lovely". This is a term that is often used to describe her. 

That's what I think too.

I can't imagine anyone using the word "lovely" about Brandi or LisaR.  Neither one of them rate that classification.

• Love 5

Am I wrong in thinking that we've heard comments in the past about Ken and Lisa going to dinner and stuff with Kathy and Rick and that they have a friendship that isn't dependent on Kyle? I swear comments had been made in the past to give me that impression but now I'm not sure. 

I agree that it does seem like it's Lisa and I find that surprising because I don't think that LisaV has been out of line at all wrt Kim. Curious that Kathy wants to try to shift some of the blame for Kim's issues in connection with the show. 

• Love 4

If the negative connotation of FT is with the government why is it a NA slur? I guess that's what has always confused me. Thank you in advance for explaining this to me.

Honestly? I don't know. It's just that saying. Doing one thing to our face, and doing another behind our back. It's wrong. I don't use the "N" word. "Forked tongue" is basically the same to us. Two faced is much more acceptable. In my opinion anyway. I hope that helps. I'm not trying to be argumentative but, it invokes a "oh hell no" when I hear it.

It's just a "thing" though. Grown ups know how to deal and choose better words to express ourselves. I'm not an expert on this. I get shunned for having blue eyes. So....

I had no idea that a forked tongue was a slur. I don't get that. Why can't a tongue description be applied to anyone? It's just suggesting that someone is snakelike or coldblooded IMO. That's how it came across to me.

Being two faced can apply to anyone. It fits all around. A forked tongue has more weight. It is a slur. Not a very recognized one but, still. It is.