Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, in light of the food fear, why does a Ryan want to learn to be a good chef?  I guess he wants to feed others.  Does he ever talk about friends who hang out at his house or people he goes to events with?  

Not that I recall. I think when he had that lady living with him he made a steak one night for them, but I haven’t seen anything since. Sad that he works so hard and has nobody to share his life with. Of course between being a workaholic and the hours he keeps (bed at 8) I don’t imagine that it would be an exciting life for any lady other than when he goes to an opening or event. Even Kelly seems to enjoy her home life rather go out and be on the scene. 

• Useful 1

Based on all his projects, it would seem that he is financially set for life.  Even if he lives extravagantly, he would be fine with an early retirement.  So, I don’t get the need to spread yourself so thin.  There must be some kind of inner turmoil that generates his obsession with career goals. Of course, lots of people want to be tops in their field, such as attorneys, doctors, actors, etc.  Some say they like being busy.  I recall how Joan Rivers continued to work at a breakneck pace until her death.  His schedule doesn’t sound like very fun long term.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

His schedule doesn’t sound like very fun long term.  

It seems like he doesn't like fun, he just likes work.  This is one area that Kelly has it over him in spades.  She knows the meaning of work/life balance.  How many 46 year-old men does anyone know that is still weighing the possibilities of fatherhood?

• Love 1

Kelly and Ryan are two boring, narcissistic, mirror images of each other !  They always say a husband and wife team would be dull since they have nothing to talk about , but they are worse .

They are obsessed with working out and diet . Kelly just pretends to love food , but she goes to every restaurant and eats salad. She is wacky .  She looks like a pencil with clothing hanging !  Ryan is obsessed with being thin too but he does eat at times .  They both  have to work out obsessively so they stay ridiculously thin abs somehow think it’s interesting for the audience to hear about it ! 

Besides their boring work out talk , they also have to talk about their mutual friends and their boring personal text messages .  

Host chat plainly sucks now ! They need to produce that 15 minutes with some human interest stories .  The only problem is any story they cover Kelly hijacks and turns into some long winded repetitive story she tells about herself !

And Kelly looks like someone put bugs down her clothing with her so called dancing ! I can’t imagine how ridiculous she looks when she says she is on the  dance  floor at parties all night ! It’s like Elaine on Seinfeld ! She shakes her bag of bones and looks like stupid .

And can they stop with the pretend crap about  Ryan marrying a woman ? It’s obvious his relationshi with Women are business arrangements .  They are all younger and wanting to advance their careers , and he needs to appear to be a straight man . His constant comments about men seem way more genuine than any of his relationships .  He just needs to come out of the closet and have a life, it’s obvious why he isn’t married or having kids with a woman .  I do think that is sad , but I think his family wouldn’t be too accepting if he came out . 

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 4

Maybe, Kelly has run her course as a talk show host of that type.  I get bits of Ryan on his national radio program ,occasionally and that’s enough for me.  I think he’s better at hosting competition shows or specials like New Year’s Eve.  As a couple in that format…….it doesn’t work for me.  Any chance they’ll be cancelled?  How long does she and Ryan have left on their contracts?  I really wonder if paying him the big money was really worth it. It still boggles the mind that Kelly gets the major money for what she does.  🥴

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Any chance they’ll be cancelled?  How long does she and Ryan have left on their contracts?  I really wonder if paying him the big money was really worth it. It still boggles the mind that Kelly gets the major money fir what she does.  🥴

The show's not my cup of tea either, but they're still bringing the ratings, so it doesn't boggle my mind why they're paid well.

• Love 3
On 9/16/2021 at 9:36 AM, sugarbaker design said:

It seems like he doesn't like fun, he just likes work.  This is one area that Kelly has it over him in spades.  She knows the meaning of work/life balance.  How many 46 year-old men does anyone know that is still weighing the possibilities of fatherhood?

This. Dude could have a had a million kids by now with all the woman he’s dated. I can understand not wanting to get married and being gun shy. He’s seems more wanting to be a father and he’s not even trying that. He lives his life through Kelly & Mark. That’s why he’s in Mark’s pants all the time and calling him for fashion advice. I think he would love the life they have built but he didn’t want to do the work since all his energy and drive went in to his career. There is nothing wrong with that. He’s very successful but he constantly says he wants a family, too. Although, he doesn’t seem to get past the dating life. Maybe, he has horrible luck and all the girls he’s dated didn’t want kids. It might not just be all him. 

• Love 4
On 9/18/2021 at 5:52 PM, ByaNose said:

This. Dude could have a had a million kids by now with all the woman he’s dated. I can understand not wanting to get married and being gun shy. He’s seems more wanting to be a father and he’s not even trying that. He lives his life through Kelly & Mark. That’s why he’s in Mark’s pants all the time and calling him for fashion advice. I think he would love the life they have built but he didn’t want to do the work since all his energy and drive went in to his career. There is nothing wrong with that. He’s very successful but he constantly says he wants a family, too. Although, he doesn’t seem to get past the dating life. Maybe, he has horrible luck and all the girls he’s dated didn’t want kids. It might not just be all him. 

There are some wealthy, famous men who just decided they wanted marriage and children and it appears. Lol I don’t think there is a shortage of ladies who would be thrilled at the prospect.  I think Jerry Senfield did that.  I don’t think Simon Cowell was in the market for a baby mama, but he sure seems happy he’s a dad.  He seems to be happy with the mom too.   It seems like Ryan is very immature.  Maybe, he’s not ready. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

There are some wealthy, famous men who just decided they wanted marriage and children and it appears. Lol I don’t think there is a shortage of ladies who would be thrilled at the prospect.  I think Jerry Senfield did that.  I don’t think Simon Cowell was in the market for a baby mama, but he sure seems happy he’s a dad.  He seems to be happy with the mom too.   It seems like Ryan is very immature.  Maybe, he’s not ready. 

I guess I’m a way it’s a good thing if he isn’t ready. Why bring a kid into the world if you aren’t ready or don’t want one. That said, he always talks about it and seems very into Kelly & Marks family life. In theory, he could do what Andy Cohen & Anderson Cooper did is donate and have a surrogate if he doesn’t want the wife part. Of course, if he did that everyone would think that was weird. 

Also, it’s funny I had mentioned earlier that I miss Mark hosting the show and he’s on today hosting. Too funny! Although, host chat was a little annoying because they watched a show with Jessica Chastain (Scenes from a Marriage) and, they couldn’t really talk about it without spoiling it. The annoying part was they continued to try and talk about it and made very little sense. Mark was dying to talk about it all but Kelly knew viewers and fans would be up in arms on social media. Now, I have to watch it to see what the hubbub is about. 

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Onefineday said:

Previously recorded.

It will likely be reruns for the week.

I watched the whole episode today. Marc seems like such a genuinely nice guy. He must be ok with letting her wear the pants in the family.

• Love 1

I will say I’ve never seen a person receive so many flowers on their birthday. It’s not even a milestone birthday at 51. Her house must look like a funeral parlor. LOL!!! It’s a nice gesture but I know woman who will receive flowers from maybe a family member for a big birthday or anniversary but not every person they know. It must be a rich person thing. Maybe, I’m not loved enough. Does everyone receive flowers upon flowers? I know last year she received a millions of flowers since it was her 50th and it was during COVID and Mark was away. I actually thought I was confused but I checked and it was her 51st as I had thought.

Anyhoo, I’m guessing Kelly & Mark pre-taped a hole week of shows last week since her Instagram (which you have to see to believe) show they are on some island getaway. They really do have fun and now with the kids sort of gone they seem to enjoy their time together even more. I thought Mark would have been back filming in Vancouver but he must be done because he’s never been home this long. She’ll either be back next week or Ryan will return and have a guest co-host. It’s only October and they are already gone. I really need that job. LOL!!!

I figured Ryan's birthday gift for Kelly was to go on vacation.  He's not on vacation from his radio show, although it's not clear where he is from the handful of clips/interviews for "OnAir" I have seen.  He is seated in front of a big black shade, so he could be in his NYC apartment or in Georgia with his parents or in Tennessee or in Italy.  

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

I figured Ryan's birthday gift for Kelly was to go on vacation.  He's not on vacation from his radio show, although it's not clear where he is from the handful of clips/interviews for "OnAir" I have seen.  He is seated in front of a big black shade, so he could be in his NYC apartment or in Georgia with his parents or in Tennessee or in Italy.  

He’s on the Idol hunt tour. He’s been visiting several cities. I’m not sure if he’s returning next week or not. He’s been gone a while. 

With the kids basically gone and Kelly at home alone I can see where Mark said I need to be home. Before when he was away in Vancouver for months on end. Kelly had the kids around but now I think Kelly & Mark realize it’s now their time to have “me” time. He looked happy hosting with her and on their vacation. They did their job of raising the kids and now they want to relax before weddings and grandkids come in the future. LOL!!!!

• Love 2

I'm not a cruise person either, but there are some cool spa retreats that are on the wheel.  I wouldn't mind them.

I always figured entrants would be people who could be daily viewers like retirees, stay at home parents, remote workers and shift workers.  The key would be consistency, to watch an entire every episode every day.  Even if my schedule permitted me to do that, I could never sit through host chat for more than 5 minutes.

• Love 2
On 10/13/2021 at 2:08 PM, justduckey said:

Please tell me why they play that true or false game. It is utterly ridiculous and stupid and boring and lame and tedious to watch. 

Are there people who find that segment remotely good tv?

I think they started it to "involve the audience" since no one can attend in person.  Most days I don't mind it, especially when the at-home person has some personality.  I do enjoy that Kelly constantly says she doesnt understand the game (which is an act) and when the hosts get their wires crossed and one wants to intentionally pick the wrong item and the other is playing for real (which is not an act).

Good TV?  This is Live. Not sure there has been Good TV since the 80s.

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Plus getting paid handsomely to do so. 

It is crazy how often they are off. Ryan has Idol auditions but Mark is home now and Kelly is even working less. I’m sure she was able to attend SoulCycle though. $$$$$$$$$

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

It really is amazing how little they work.  When you consider they've just come off of a summer break, they worked a few weeks and boom!  3 day work weeks .....I would imagine that since it's built into Ryan's contract that he has time off to do Idol, Kelllmeeee has insisted that if he's not working, I'm not either.

• LOL 3

Kelly Ripa should thank her lucky stars every day for being in the right place at the right time because she has had a miraculously long run for someone with her skill set.  To be paid so much to do so little.  Day after day, year after year, decade after decade.  And the longer she's there, the less she does.  I'm waiting for the day she can't even properly form a sentence anymore, but there she'll be!  Not a bad gig if you can get it!

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Kelly Ripa should thank her lucky stars every day for being in the right place at the right time because she has had a miraculously long run for someone with her skill set.  To be paid so much to do so little.  Day after day, year after year, decade after decade.  And the longer she's there, the less she does.  I'm waiting for the day she can't even properly form a sentence anymore, but there she'll be!  Not a bad gig if you can get it!

Apparently, ABC, German & Art Moore love her. Art was almost crying one time (I think it was her work anniversary) recalling how he was her first first friend when she joined the show. You could tell he really meant it. I liked her during the Regis years. After that, not so much. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Cementhead said:

ITA! She is so talentless .  Also her narcissism gets worse everyday ! Ryan looks like he’s given up trying  to even contribute to boat chat since Kelly constantly interrupts and makes every conversation about her .

Host chat which used to be so good totally sucks now .  Between the two self absorbed hosts talking about the meals , when we know Kelly lives on salad , and also obsessing about their exercise routines , it’s awful . 

• Love 2

I did originally like Kelly when she was with Regis.  She seemed to be kind and protective of him and I thought they could be funny most days.  They could make things funny in a natural way by playing off each other.  Something changed when he left.  The magic was gone, imo.

After that, I started noticing things that bothered me, such as her pretending that she is a small person, when it was obvious she was a larger person in her teens and when she went to work on All My Children.  Her tiny body was something she created after she became older, not her natural state.  And the obsessing over eating a handful of Goldfish crackers……Omg, she was filled with disgust at herself!  Who does that?  Do her handlers encourage it?  And the obsession with exercise…….It’s likely easy to move an ultra light body around.  She brags on having the physique of an 11 year old boy, yet that’s what she created.  And all the bragging on sex with her husband….it’s too fake, imo.  

Then, there were the revelations on air about her children.  Multiple times she made comments that sounded like she favored one child over the others. Or, she revealed personal info about the child that was not ok, imo.  It struck me as mean.  The only person she isn’t mean to is her husband and Victoria Beckham…..man, I’ve never seen her kiss butt like she did with that guest.  I thought Ryan was going to lol and Victoria seemed embarrassed.  

Then, there was the Strahand situation…..it didn’t put her in a good light, imo.  I thought the key in show biz was to never let people see you sweat.  That would be the more professional thing to do or write a very generous and kind statement that shows you are a high road kind of person.  Idk.  If her co-workers love her, that’s great.  I just think the show has lost its relevance.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I did originally like Kelly when she was with Regis.  She seemed to be kind and protective of him and I thought they could be funny most days.  They could make things funny in a natural way by playing off each other.  Something changed when he left.  The magic was gone, imo.

After that, I started noticing things that bothered me, such as her pretending that she is a small person, when it was obvious she was a larger person in her teens and when she went to work on All My Children.  Her tiny body was something she created after she became older, not her natural state.  And the obsessing over eating a handful of Goldfish crackers……Omg, she was filled with disgust at herself!  Who does that?  Do her handlers encourage it?  And the obsession with exercise…….It’s likely easy to move an ultra light body around.  She brags on having the physique of an 11 year old body, yet that’s what she created.  And all the bragging on sex with her husband….it’s too fake, imo.  

Then, there were the revelations on air about her children.  Multiple times she made comments that sounded like she favored one child over the others. Or, she revealed personal info about the child that was not ok, imo.  It struck me as mean.  The only person she isn’t mean to is her husband and Victoria Beckham…..man, I’ve never seen her kiss butt like she did with that guest.  I thought Ryan was going to lol and Victoria seemed embarrassed.  

Then, there was the Strahand situation…..it didn’t put her in a good light, imo.  I thought the key in show biz was to never let people see you sweat.  That would be the more professional thing to do or write a very generous and kind statement that shows you are a high road kind of person.  Idk.  If her co-workers love her, that’s great.  I just think the show has lost its relevance.  

How dare you! How can you not enjoy a grown woman stammer while trying to tell a story about her own stupid life?! <sarcasm>. Half the time Ryan is looking at her like, Just spit it out woman! The other times he’s fawning all over Kelly & Mark about them and their kids which he did today. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

OMG.  I tuned in this a.m. for the first time in a long time.  If possible, Kelly is worse than ever.  First of all the dancing when they are walking out - JUST STOP Kelly please!!!  She leans all over the desk, yells her stories, has this weird kind of speech pattern, ignores Ryan completely & tells the most God awful drawn out BORING stories.  Some story about body make up she had to put on at work for their upcoming Halloween show & how she had to take a shower & scrub it off & then went to work out (with Anna Kaiser!) & then had to take a shower there as well & the make up was getting all over Ana's white towels after her 2nd shower there & she told her she would buy her new towels.  BLAH BLAH BLAH.  I could tell a better story.  Poor Ryan, it is uncomfortable watching him have to put up with her!  I have said before if you watch You Tube videos of her earlier years (early 2000's) the change in her is not to be believed.  She sat up straight, didn't fidget constantly, was even genuinely funny & dare I say endearing.  And she could actually tell a decent story.  Is it all of the millions that have turned her into this complete narcissist??  I have no idea but I cannot believe the woman makes $20+ million. And someone PLEASE get her a new stylist, hairdo & make up artist.  She dresses like a nun & her hair color & make up completely wash her out.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Another 4 day weekend for Kelly & Ryan. My god! Do they ever work?  The Halloween special is all pre taped and they must be so exhausted from it that they more time off. It’s rather ridiculous but a great gig if you can get it nevertheless. I guess they.might.be.back.tomorrow but I’m not holding my breath. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1