Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I really like when Mark co-host with Kelly. It was the same when Joy would host with Regis. Only, Kathie Lee & Frank were bad. He was so boring so host-chat wasn't very funny. They had The Bachelor on and I'm sure he regrets going on that show. Both Kelly & Mark tore into him. I think he was in shock. Usually, I don't like that kind of treatment but I think The Bachelor is one of the worst shows ever. Especaily, the guy who is the current bachelor. It's obvious that he's in it for the money, chicks & being on tv. Also, it's his 3rd time. Like Kelly and Mark said. He's in it for the hunt and would be better of tv finding true love.

• Love 2

German & Disney doesn't look like it's seriously looking for a co-host for Kelly. And, I think that's what Kelly prefers. She's the star & the show is probably saving big time money. They probably pay a flat fee for the guest co-host. I'm guessing they won't look till next September for a permanent host. Remember when Fred Savage was all the rage? Now, you never hear about him. Then it was Jerry O'Connell. He was his usual funny self but that died down, too. Then they started having woman co-host like Megan Kelly & Carrie Ann Inaba. They are even pretending to be looking. In theory, they could keep doing this until Kelly needs a vacation. 

11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Savage was all the rage? Now, you never hear about him. Then it was Jerry O'Connell. He was his usual funny self but that died down, too. Then they started having woman co-host like Megan Kelly & Carrie Ann Inaba. They are even pretending to be looking. In theory, they could keep doing this until Kelly needs a vacation. 

Who is this "they" who are pretending to be looking?  The producers of the show have never made an official announcement concerning the search or the lack of a search for a co-host.  Not one word.  Entertainment 'news' outlets have gone bananas with speculation, but they only do that for internet traffic to their sites.

• Love 1

It has been a two host show for a long time. Unless "they" announce that it is now a One Gal Show, then it is logical to assume "they" are looking for a co-host.

I would not call the coverage "bananas." More like, "prunes."

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Jeanius said:

Wow. That is sad.

The weird thing is (or not really) that Regis was very friendly with Gelman & Art Moore. I'm not sure whose decision it was or has been to never ask Regis back. Maybe, its in Kelly's contract? Maybe, it was Disney? Maybe, it was Gelman? I guess we will never know but I'm sure they will profess their undying love for him when his kicks the bucket if the show is still on the air. Now knowing what we know now it would be a little disingenuous.

• Love 1

Gelman was like a son to Regis.  This was done well over his head, along with other budgetary cuts.  What I can't speak to, and wonder about, is how this relationship has survived.  It sounds like it is dead, as well.  OR...it's simply understood by each of them that the marching orders from above are strict: No bringing back Regis!!!!!!  I believe this is more likely.

I'd love to know how much Gelman's compensation was reduced.  No way he's escaped unscathed.

Kelly's utter two-faced show biz persona sure came out in that final walk with Regis, eh?  Yet who shrieked about decency and faaaaaaaairness in how folks are treated when MS and Disney made a perfectly reasonable business move?  Why, she was as innocent and corny as Kansas.  

She sure got paid, though, didn't she.

I can't begin to describe how bitter the irony to me is that in this case, Disney, of all corporations, is the victim.   This is alternate universe stuff.

• Love 2

"When Regis passes peacefully," it would be my wish that Live! merely mention it in passing, if it all. Please no "tribute" to him. I have a soft spot for Ol' Reege. He may be a complete a-hole, and maybe I am a complete a-hole.

Megyn Kelly may also be a complete a-hole. If and when she is up against Kelly Ripa, I hope her numbers tromp all over Live!

Yes, I'm a bitter bitch tonight. Most nights, tbh.

Oh, I turned on Live! for a few seconds today. I think Ricky Martin was on.

Have to wonder why since Kelly is so awful on the show and has treated people poorly why the show is still on the air. Is Disney just planning something and letting it die a natural death?  Hasn't someone posted that the ratings are down?  Down enough to cancel?  Or are they waiting out that Mark may indeed have a career in TV in California and the family will move there?  Or does none of this figure in Disney's decision?  I don't mind the show because I don't have any expectations for it to be anything but what it is.  Depending on the cohost, I enjoy host chat, and unless I am interested in a guest, turn it off after that.

50 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Have to wonder why since Kelly is so awful on the show and has treated people poorly why the show is still on the air.

Because it's a money maker.

51 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Hasn't someone posted that the ratings are down?  Down enough to cancel?

Apparently not.

51 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Or are they waiting out that Mark may indeed have a career in TV in California and the family will move there?  Or does none of this figure in Disney's decision?

Why would Disney care about one of its employee's spouse's job prospects?

52 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Or does none of this figure in Disney's decision?

Disney's decision will be based on $ and on $ alone.

• Love 2

I watched Live to see the interview with Chrissy Metz from This is Us.  She is very pretty and intelligent. A good interview .  

I think Kelly was sincerely nice, no over the top patronizing. She asked the question about what the role mean to Chrissy , and brought up the weight issue without being rude .   It was nice to see the Kelly I used  to like appear today !

I think it's great to have a plus sized woman who has a role that is not a big joke,or doesn't have a real life on prime time TV.   

I really like Chrissy as an actress I hope sheloses weight only for her health . I had a cousin who was just as large as Chrissy, when she was young, she was able to function without a lot of problems , but sadly as she hit her late 40's she became unable to walk, and developed a lot of health issues .She doesn't need to be skinny, but hopefully not morbidly obese .

• Love 2

I don't mind Mark as a co-host, but I don't need to know about "grown -up" time, or whatever Kelly calls it.  I get she is desperate to make any conversation, but it's on the level of a 15 year old discovering sex. NO ONE WANTS TO KNOW!   And the "baby daddy" thing is so stupid.   Kelly needs to try to stop acting like she's 16.  She is already fake, now she sounds like an idiot more and more.

• Love 4

As, good as Kelly & Mark are at hosting the show it would never become full time. They have the same schedule. One always has to be there while the other way on vacation and what not. It's too bad because they have chemistry. No shocker there but just because you're married doesn't alway mean you can host a show together. I'm still torn on the "host hunt". I like seeing the random guys co-host and I usually watch/delete the show the minute I see who she's walking out with. I'd like to see more serious contenders actually host a whole week. I think Kelly really prefers the show being just Live With Kelly. She gets to be the main star with a new co-star each day. It's like when she worked on the soap. Always someone new to mix it up with. 

• Love 1

Kelly definitely likes it just Live with Kelly.   The other day her guest co-host says he always wanted to host the show and that he feels like Regis.  She very quickly corrected him to say that SHE was the Regis.   She wanted to make sure everyone understood that she is the top dog.

When women say he's "my baby daddy", it makes me stop and think.  I always question if she has another/previous husband or if they are separated...... it is such strange terminology.  It's like they are telling you that he is the father of my baby but we have separate lives.  

How many times did she have to say "grown up time."   With that picture Mark showed of her in bed, she didn't look very interested in "grown up time."  LOL

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Showwatcher said:

She very quickly corrected him to say that SHE was the Regis

I used to watch a show called Live With Regis and Somebody! I tape-recorded the host chat every day. I watched near every Live! episode every weekday, for years.

You, Kelly? You are no Regis.

• Love 9

Why does Kelly feel the need to inform the audience of her and Mark Consuelos's bedroom escapades everytime he hosts? As a wise person once said "Those who frequently talk about sex usually aren't having it".

• Love 7

Wow who did Kelly's make up for the Oscars? Awful ! She looked creepy ! Why did they pack it on so much? 

Now I know why her hair looks so ratty sometimes and so nice at other times . They put on some major extensions so get her hair looking nice ! When she says she's a human piñata, where everything comes  off , and and it's like her real self is scary, she really is telling the truth!  She really needs a lot of fake hair, makeup and camouflage of her skeleta body,  to make herself look good ! 

Edited by snowydaze
  • Love 1

Totally agree Medicine Crow!  There was a time when the occasional Oscar Winner might show up, now we just get Jerry O'Connell and a fashion rundown.  You could tape that in the studio in NYC.

Edited by sugarbaker design
because it's Jerry O'Connell and not Jerry O'Connor!
  • Love 3

The Oscar After Show on Monday was absolutely terrible.   The clips showed only a few celebrities stopped by their booth and they were bribed/begged with alcohol and mints.  They talked to one another and ignored Kelly.  Then, yesterday they showed the same few celebrities that stopped by.    Not sure what the purpose of their show going when Good Morning America had all their crew there and actually talked to the stars.   I agree her hair and make up were, to be kind, unfortunate.  I actually felt bad for her.   

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Showwatcher said:

The Oscar After Show on Monday was absolutely terrible.   The clips showed only a few celebrities stopped by their booth and they were bribed/begged with alcohol and mints.  They talked to one another and ignored Kelly.  Then, yesterday they showed the same few celebrities that stopped by.    Not sure what the purpose of their show going when Good Morning America had all their crew there and actually talked to the stars.   I agree her hair and make up were, to be kind, unfortunate.  I actually felt bad for her.   

I agree with everything you said except the last bit (as shown).  Kelly's need to be in the spotlight is pathetic!!!

• Love 4

I am trying to decide if Disney is just trying to let this show die, or if they don't want anymore of Kelly's public tantrums if she doesn't get her way.  I guess they don't need her  carrying around books about big mean organizations, or wearing  "freedom" jacket, as if she is some kind of indentured servant.  

The Oscar show is just not good anymore, actually, the show sucks in general now.  Maybe "executive producer " Kelly, needs to be told how to stop interrupting guests, stop being so totally fake, and stop making everything about her.  

Also, maybe they need to tell her that the ratings have went down 28% since she had a co-host, and if she wants to keep her lavish lifestyle, and be name dropping celebrities, she needs to accept a co-host, so there is some consistency and point to the host chat.

The Oscar show was embarrassing. It was all about Kelly "getting ready", as if she is nominated for an Oscar!   They actually put a video online of the "team" of about 5 people working on her to make her up to to do what? ??? She wasn't even on the red carpet like Jerry, she was back stage and barely talked to anyone. 

The whole show is like a way for Kelly to get tons of attention now, and kiss up to her co-hosts, so she can get compliments.  

I did see the Chrissy Metz interview, and I wasn't surprised Kelly was nice to the "big girl".  Kelly is not threatened by her, because it's obvious Kelly is all about her weight and skeletal body.     Chrissy has more   talent in her baby finger than Kelly has every had.    Kelly is so conscious and competitive about looks that she has to gush over women she thinks are pretty, only to get a compliment in return.   I think Kelly was as fake as usual with Chrissy.   She probably  sat around mocking her behind her back.

• Love 5

What a waste of time and money for that Oscar show that only had a little boy on it from a movie!  

Kelly's "team" video of her prep was so ridiculous. What  a waste! She does nothing.  She also had so much make-up and fake hair, she looked like a creepy mannequin the night of the Oscars.

Whenever I see Valerie Bertinelli on Food Network, I think of the difference between her and plastic, fake Kelly. I wanted Kelly for this job, but wow she has morphed into  narcissistic, fake, diva, who can't get along with her co-hosts.    It would be nice to see someone in her spot who is like Hoda or Valerie Bertinelli, instead of some 46  year old, who is trying desperately to keep her pre-pubescent body, and has no ability to be real anymore.

• Love 5

How hilarious is it that Kelly makes such a point of eating.    Like today, with the peanut butter, she kept waving the spoon with the peanut butter on it and then pretending her mouth was so-o-o-o full she couldn't even talk.  I was laughing so hard I spit my coffee out my nose.  Kelly, eating is normal for most people.  You don't have to make a big deal out of it; trust me it is everyday life.   She always makes such a fuss when they have food on the show that I assume it is such a rare occasion for her to eat and/or have food.     

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Showwatcher said:

How hilarious is it that Kelly makes such a point of eating.    Like today, with the peanut butter, she kept waving the spoon with the peanut butter on it and then pretending her mouth was so-o-o-o full she couldn't even talk.  I was laughing so hard I spit my coffee out my nose.  Kelly, eating is normal for most people.  You don't have to make a big deal out of it; trust me it is everyday life.   She always makes such a fuss when they have food on the show that I assume it is such a rare occasion for her to eat and/or have food.     

Yes, before Kelly was always acting like food was poison. She also scolded Michael for not having Thanksgiving at a normal dinner hour!   Then she scolded him for having ice cream at some cafe she met him at.  Now, after probably comments about her obsessive diet and exercising, she pretends that she is always eating, and has to make a point of overdoing it!   She sadly, reminds me of my anorexic college roommate, who had to go to rehab  for an eating disorder. 

Jerry is ok, he sure looks like he is butt kissing Kelly and Markie to get the job.  Besides the money and working short hours, I wonder why any man would take the job.    Kelly is first of all not a good host, and is insecure if they have fans.  And her track record of not speaking to co-hosts isn't good.  

• Love 3

Kelly sure seemed pissed this morning -- you could hear it in her tone of voice the entire show.  I guess she was incredibly insulted and irritated when she was locked out and couldn't easily get into the building.

Why would anyone want to be her co-host, except for the money and having your name "up there"?  She is NOT a good partner, except to Anderson.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Kelly sure seemed pissed this morning -- you could hear it in her tone of voice the entire show.  I guess she was incredibly insulted and irritated when she was locked out and couldn't easily get into the building.

Why would anyone want to be her co-host, except for the money and having your name "up there"?  She is NOT a good partner, except to Anderson.

I think for a huge salary, and the name recognition, some celebrities think they can move on when they can't take her anymore .

Now is is constantly saying how the cheers are for Jerry, and gushing  over him, just like she did to Michael in the beginning. But. When it was obvious Michael had a bigger fan base, she got increasingly nasty. Her behavior in the end was so  un professional. Poor Kelly couldn't work, but she could foto an island and celebrate her anniversary!  Also, her snotty divorce remarks to Michael were so over the top and showed what her real peersonality is like.

i can totally see her being s snot to Anderson if he got more attention.

Maybe they should just let her keep driving the ratings down and dump her, and start over again.

• Love 2

Jerry acts very desperate to get the job.  I think he is goofy, but I like him and think he is a good guy.  Having said that, if he did get the job, I don't think it would take him long to realize it was a big mistake.  She would treat him like an underling.  

I still for the life of me can't understand why she was upset with Michael when he didn't tell her about his new job.  From what I understood, he was told NOT to say anything.   Did Regis get upset with her when the fortune teller broke the news about her pregnancy.  Anyway, Michael is enjoying a real lovefest over at GMA.   He obviously doesn't miss Kelly with all the attention he is getting.  I wonder if they ran into each other at the Oscars.  No, that's right, they had her in a closet where she couldn't do any harm while Michael was out on the red carpet talking to all the celebrities.

• Love 4
(edited)

OMG ! How many minutes of host-chat were dedicated to talking about peeing in the pool or ocean?  Finally, even goofy Jerry had to stop a he tacky conversation.

Maybe over the top Jerry is the only one left who wants this job.  He seems like a good guy? But he's like a hyperactive 12 year old .  In comparison to Kelly, he seems like he actually might see the work of guests .

The story about Kelly crying when she gets ashes was weird.  She seems to be in to her religion, but then in real life she can be quite a mean person if she doesn't get her way, along with being vengeful .  

Edited by Sandi33
  • Love 4

Jerry kept trying to stop Peegate. Kelly couldn't let it go because Jerry got a big laugh at the beginning. Jerry is pretty funny but I don't think I could take him 24/7. I also think he would get more well liked by the audience and that would drive.Kelly.nuts. He kept saying "our staff" like he's already got the gig. Maybe, he does. Who knows? I have gotten the impression that his wife wouldn't want to move to NYC with their young girls from sunny California. Although, I think his parents live near NYC. All in all, he's been doing a good job but I think he's better in small doses. 

• Love 1

I have a feeling Disney is letting her do whatever now, because they really don't care if she succeeds. They won't publicly do anything , but I don't think her little stunts of making  a public display of dissing them, not showing up for work, And the publicly insulting her co-host during host chat repeatedly on the air, while to his credit, he remained classy, did not put her in a good place. 

She's  an out of touch, spoiled person who really didn't struggle the way most in show business did. She fell into roles since she was a teen. 

Jerry seems like a decent guy, hopefully he won't fall for her fake gushing,  since it seems like now the ratings might mean more than her need to feed her ego by being the only host.  She doesn't deserve a good guy she can treat like crap when she is jealous of his success. 

It sucks that she was able to force Michael out early, get her ego stroked by being solo for a ridiculous amount of time, and now kiss up to Jerry when it's obvious the show stinks with her alone.

i can't believe I am now finding Jenna Bush, whose subbing for Hoda, way better than Kelly.  Like Hoda, Jenna is just herself and open .  Kelly used to be that way, now she's as fake as her hair, face, and padding they use so she actulee appears to not be a skeleton.

9 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Welcome Sandi33!!

Thank you ! I 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sandi33 said:

I have a feeling Disney is letting her do whatever now, because they really don't care if she succeeds. They won't publicly do anything , but I don't think her little stunts of making  a public display of dissing them, not showing up for work, And the publicly insulting her co-host during host chat repeatedly on the air, while to his credit, he remained classy, did not put her in a good place. 

She's  an out of touch, spoiled person who really didn't struggle the way most in show business did. She fell into roles since she was a teen. 

Jerry seems like a decent guy, hopefully he won't fall for her fake gushing,  since it seems like now the ratings might mean more than her need to feed her ego by being the only host.  She doesn't deserve a good guy she can treat like crap when she is jealous of his success. 

It sucks that she was able to force Michael out early, get her ego stroked by being solo for a ridiculous amount of time, and now kiss up to Jerry when it's obvious the show stinks with her alone.

i can't believe I am now finding Jenna Bush, whose subbing for Hoda, way better than Kelly.  Like Hoda, Jenna is just herself and open .  Kelly used to be that way, now she's as fake as her hair, face, and padding they use so she actulee appears to not be a skeleton.

Thank you ! I 

Kelly really does seem like a different person then when she first started. She is uber rich and so far out of touch. She and Mark seem to be good parents to their children but Kelly as a "personality" isn't a nice person. She threw Regis to the curb when he left and threw a hissy fit when Michael wanted to get away from her, too. I don't know who she's gonna end up married to on LIVE but that guy is in for a rude awakening.

• Love 2

I lean toward Disney is just letting the show run its course and die.  Kelly is long in the tooth, the show isn't funny or even good at this point.  I do check in to see her hair, as somehow we've had the same style a few times, but I haven't watched a show in ages now and don't even check who the quests are since whoever is on will be better on someone else's show.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, CattyTiger said:

I lean toward Disney is just letting the show run its course and die.  Kelly is long in the tooth, the show isn't funny or even good at this point.  I do check in to see her hair, as somehow we've had the same style a few times, but I haven't watched a show in ages now and don't even check who the quests are since whoever is on will be better on someone else's show.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is true.  Kelly publicly embarrassed Disney, forced them to dump Michael earlier than planned , and then became a so called "executive producer", even though it seems like the only thing she comes in early for is wardrobe, extensions, and tons of make-up .

When Kelly was acting like a brat because she only had 5 months notice that her co-host was leaving, and then was so unprofessional that she repeatedly insulted him on the air about his divorces, I think that was when Disney might have made the decision to let her self-destruct .

For someone who whined about "respect " in the work place, she sat in live tv and kept needling Michael about his divorces , and kept bragging about how wonderful and long her marriage is.

There was a blind item about Kelly wanting this show all to herself. Now she looks pathetic and  desperate kissing  up to Jerry, so he can save her show , just like Michael did.

i think Disney/ABC has had the  idea of extending GMA for  while . Since Live's ratings are dropping , Kelly has proven she's a snot to both of her former cohosts, and she did what they did to them in public,  they probably are just waiting until the can extend GMA, have Gelman produce the hour, and have Michael host with someone else.

• Love 3

I used to like Michael when he first came on Live, then he seemed to me to think he was "all that" and more and I stopped enjoying him.  this was before the issue with his going to GMA.  And on GMA I don't enjoy him at all.  I may be the minority of one, but, I don't think I'd watch the 4th hour of GMA with him as cohost again.  I'm sure Disney isn't going to base their decisions on my lone opinion, just putting it out there.

• Love 2

I'm not liking Michael over at GMA at all. He's getting worse rather than better too. If GMA wants another hour get TJ as the co-host with Amy. Leave Michael with Robin. At least she makes it enjoyable with George doing the serious stuff.

Kelly doesn't deserve this show anymore. She is vapid and phony and it is showing more and more these days.

• Love 3

I think in the right setting, like the fourth hour of Today, Michael would be good .   He was good in Live, and seriously saved the show ratings .

Host chat is painful. Kelly is back to being a childish tween again.   The pee talk the other day that never ended , then we had to be treated to never ending talk about how Jerry could turn on his wife !

Oh and no one wants to see some old couple  in the audience kiss and talk about going in thto back room to do it ! 

The show has reverted back to when Kelly was solo last time, and it was like a middle school girl who just discovered sex.

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:42 PM, Showwatcher said:

Jerry acts very desperate to get the job

I was home sick on Friday so I watched the show and desperate is the perfect word.  In general I like Jerry well enough but he was way too over the top in trying to be quirky or funny or something and it rubbed me the wrong way and came across as phony.

• Love 2

I'd be okay with Christian Slater as a permanent host. He has enough enthusiasm to do the job without going over the top like Jerry O'Connell. He did a great job today. Of course, Kelly had beat the "Christian in a bathing suit" like a dead horse and step on his lines. He was attempting to read the color coded cue cards but Kelly kept reading all of them. I don't know know if he would even want the gig full time but I wouldn't be opposed to it.

53 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I'd be okay with Christian Slater as a permanent host. He has enough enthusiasm to do the job without going over the top like Jerry O'Connell. He did a great job today. Of course, Kelly had beat the "Christian in a bathing suit" like a dead horse and step on his lines. He was attempting to read the color coded cue cards but Kelly kept reading all of them. I don't know know if he would even want the gig full time but I wouldn't be opposed to it.

I don't care for him. For some reason his voice annoys me and he's boring .