Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Listen, I'm not their biggest fan, sugarbaker, but they were very genuine in their love of Michael Strahan.  He was one of the few friends at GMA who did not abandon them.  

• Like 2
On 6/11/2024 at 9:57 AM, finnzup said:

All the while Kellmeeee sat next to Reege, she was disgusted with him

Could you please cite when she indicated this "disgust".

She had disagreements with how the old man treated her - no office, no support staff. demeaning nickname "Pippa" because his brain cells were so gone he couldn't even remember her name.  

WABC was eager to show Regis the door when he wanted more cash.  That wasn't Kelly's fault.

• Like 1
On 6/11/2024 at 9:57 AM, finnzup said:

...she failed to mention Regis and the fact that he gave her the opportunity to sit herself in the host chair and the rest is history.  She seriously has forgotten where she came from and her one big break was REGIS!

Regis Philbin did not hire Kelly.  Art Moore and Michael Gelman hired her.  She works for WABC, which produces the show for syndication.  Sure, they sought input from all the staff, including Regis.  But he did not give her anything except an amiable on-screen partner.

As Regis discovered during his final contract negotiation, he was merely the "talent", 100% replaceable.

At some point, Kelly (and Mark) will find that out as well.

Although I imagine they already have mapped out a Retirement Plan, depending on the lengths of their existing contract.  Though winning Emmys and being #1 rated is going to keep WABC extending offers.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, NYCRunner said:

Listen, I'm not their biggest fan, sugarbaker, but they were very genuine in their love of Michael Strahan.  He was one of the few friends at GMA who did not abandon them.  

It makes sense that Strahan supported them.  Back in the aughts, before his LwK&M days, when Strahan was a NY Giant, he was going through a particularly nasty divorce with the mother of his twin daughters, which was daily fodder for the Post and the News.  Salacious details were alleged by both sides.  It was quite juicy. I was working in Montclair NJ at the time, a co-worker and I went to the open house of the Strahan property in the same town, after the divorce, on our lunch hour.  It was a grand old home, but it was cleaned out, we didn't get a sense of the previous owners.  My point being Strahan was probably sympathetic to those two because he knew a thing or two about going through a scandal.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Could you please cite when she indicated this "disgust".

Sorry SanDiegoInExile, the last time I did a citation was in my college days.  If you want evidence of her disgust or disinterest or any other word you want to use for her outward aversion to his chat, just check out all the You Tube videos of the later days of Live!  Her body language alone was disrespectful, imo, and if I'm not mistaken, Kellllmeeeee  made derogatory remarks about Reege's weather reports and most importantly, his sports chatter before, during and after his reports.

Regis Philbin did not hire Kelly.  Art Moore and Michael Gelman hired her.  She works for WABC, which produces the show for syndication.  Sure, they sought input from all the staff, including Regis.  But he did not give her anything except an amiable on-screen partner.

At the time, Reege was an Executive Producer and while I certainly have no knowledge about his power over the show, I can deduce that his yay or nay was something TPTB considered inasmuch as Kellllmeeee woud be his new co-host and they had a lot riding on the continued success of the show.

She had disagreements with how the old man treated her - no office, no support staff. demeaning nickname "Pippa" because his brain cells were so gone he couldn't even remember her name.  

Here's where I'm not understanding your point.  If Reege was only talent, as you say, he certainly had nothing to do with her office or support staff.  That would have been up to her agent as they dealt with TPTB, Art and or Gelman, as you pointed out.

And as far as "Pippa?"  I always looked at that as a term of endearment towards his much younger, wet behind the ears, cohost.   I refer to some people in my circle with a nickname, not because I have forgotten their name, but because it's a sweet gesture.  

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Kelly was nasty to both Regis and Michael and trashed Disney publicly along with not showing up for work .

The only person Kelly seems to adore consistently is tacky , crude , misogynistic Andy Cohen, who she talks  about sending her picture of nude male genitals .  Very classy 

Ryan is someone ABC knew could handle her personality since he’s a pro and she couldn’t bulldoze him and treat him like crap when she has tantrums 

She made constant nasty remarks to Regis when he was getting older about his memory and was just so bitchy to him on the  air .  
Kelly also acted as trashy as can be with constant sexual innuendoes and crude behavior when Michael was hired .The shows ratings were tanking until Michael came on when Kelly was solo . She was just plain gross since she had no ability to handle the show without acted tacky sex jokes .

ABC told Gelman and Michael about the move and told them not to tell Kelly .  She was so unprofessional on the air . Not showing up for work . Giving some ridiculous speech about respect and then attacking and insulting Michael on the air about his divorce to the point that he left early .

Let’s be real  , Kelly was only given and audition because ABC was doing synergy crap where they were doing crossovers on all of their soaps and shows .  
I liked Kelly at first because she seemed nice and real , but she was very inept at the job and Regis wanted Valerie Bertinelli who was way better .  But ABC wanted that crossovers for the soap . So how was Regis reasonable for the office and bathroom situation when he had so little power ?

Regis actually complimented Kelly in his book and went on her sitcom repeatedly to support her . He compared her to Lucille Ball which is a huge compliment . In return a Kelly trashed and blamed him in her book after he died .

Kelly has along list of former buddies like Neil Patrick Harris , Jerry Seinfeld and Howard Stern to name a few .

Its interesting that she loves someone like Andy who makes the most degrading shows about women and is a boozer who can’t control himself on television  , while she totally trashes a way more mild show like The Bachelor that is on the network that pays her. 

I can’t believe her son went to NYU to work on trashy Tv with Andy .

Mark is now saving the show from another mess with another cohost . He’s way better and more natural than Kelly is after 20 +. Years !
He has to move the  show along while she crosses her arms and shakes and goes on and on about topics and can barely spit out words without saying “uh uh uh uh” multiple times or getting so personal about Mark and insulting  him the point it is uncomfortable .   
Kelly once was enjoyable and down to earth , but she got obnoxious and tacky and now she’s lucky she has Mark to carry the show when she’s a mess !

Kelly should be thankful for the chance to live a very very upperclass life due to Live .   Poor baby didn’t have an office or a private bathroom , which I doubt Kathie Lee had either !   How difficult to do that for millions !     
Let’s be real , soaps are mostly gone now and have been for years. Kelly would be doing Hallmark movies if she was lucky or stints on other soaps if or wasn’t for Live.

While Mark seems pretty grounded and realizes how lucky they are., Kelly  transformed into someone who is very entitled and obnoxious.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3

Would love to know the total amount of weeks these two get off.  I am thinking 12-14 at the least?  On top of the three day work week.  They must be laughing all the way to the bank.

• Like 1

I think it’s awful that people are commenting on Kelly & Mark working 3 Days a week (live…..except when they ain’t) along with their previously recorded on Thursday and Friday shows. Do you realize that they work really hard (they don’t really) and, that Kelly makes at least 20 million alone doing the show? Mark makes less but he just started. I’m guessing he makes between 5 to 15 million. Give or take.

That said, the show makes a lot of money for Disney which I guess justifies (not really) their huge salary. Now. the 4th of July is right around the corner so they’ll be off that whole week too. Finally, August is next so they might work 6 days (if that) and, won’t return until after Labor Day. You see it’s all perfectly understandable why they are off this week. They need time off to prepare for all of their time off and $$$$$$. It’s simply crazy.

If they did 4 live shows a week consistently I probably wouldn’t be as disgusted as much but they don’t & I am.

Have a great summer y’all. Because we all know Kelly & Mark are.

Rant over.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

Why do we think they command these huge salaries and slim Work weeks? We know Disney isn't giving it all away?  My guess is aside from us snarkers they have a huge following that makes some corporation(s) a lot Of money. Snarkers in the minority 

• Like 2

Why is Kelly always complaining about weekend weather in NYC when they are never there on weekends and usually somewhere warm ?

Speaking to d going away , Mark posted a picture of Kelly at a soccer game . After seeing the picture I think the wardrobe people should get an Emmy for dressing Kelly. . Good thing  Mark included her name on the picture . 
IMG_0775.thumb.jpeg.b4fbc7467c2097ac12c33b2c653b1de2.jpeg

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1

Wow! That is extreme .  I guess the wardrobe people have quite a job .  Looks like she’s skin and bones except her biceps .   I  remember she wore a top that showed her back once and you could see her spine and ribs , and in the front her ribs were showing from between her breasts.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
3 hours ago, orangekit said:

Why is Kelly always complaining about weekend weather in NYC when they are never there on weekends and usually somewhere warm ?

Speaking to d going away , Mark posted a picture of Kelly at a soccer game . After seeing the picture I think the wardrobe people should get an Emmy for dressing Kelly. . Good thing  Mark included her name on the picture . 
IMG_0775.thumb.jpeg.b4fbc7467c2097ac12c33b2c653b1de2.jpeg

Maybe I am wrong but something is strange about the picture. It looks fake. But why would Kelly ever lie about attending an event?

• LOL 2

It’s great that Kelly is in shape and trying to be healthy but it seems like she takes it to an extreme, same with the Botox . I think she is naturally pretty but she now looks way older than her age and very gaunt .  She posted a picture without  makeup and looks older and more haggard  than my aunt who is in her 80’s!  Makeup people also deserve Emmy’s !IMG_0779.thumb.jpeg.d0b14fa6fbb0df8beb151b48eb2989c6.jpeg

• Like 3

I just wonder why they do a show  for 3 days a week, take every holiday off. And why last week too?

I get they are filthy rich and can.

sigh

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Those biceps are frightening.  I'm sorry but the woman has an eating disorder.

She & Mark need to stop the obsession with working out.  Go have a burger & a beer & enjoy yourselves!

• Like 5

A YouTube video popped up of Regis & Kathie Lee from 1999.  Wow, they were so good together & just naturals!  What a difference to stammering Kelly.  And lately I've noticed she is yelling.  Why does she talk so loud?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, NYCRunner said:

and lately I've noticed she is yelling.  Why does she talk so loud?

Have you also noticed she's gotten into the habit of banging the desk with her hands?  What is going on?!  

So many odd behaviors on her part, but nothing beats the tightly crossed arms across her chest and the leg jigging a mile a minute!!  rofl

• LOL 4
(edited)

The show's website has a Ticket option, so it's easy to determine "vacation" time.

July audiences are/were needed for every MON-TUE-WED in July.  Some dates are sold out. And there is a stray THU thrown in (July 18). In addition to "double episode days", they are likely taping the 10-minute Host Chats needed when the show goes dark in August.

The tape schedule means that WABC does not have to pay union wages for the support staff two days a week.  Letterman began this two decades ago when he started taping a Friday show on Monday.  The View does the same thing during the summer, taping Friday on Thursday.   Hoda and Kathie Lee did it for years too. (Have never watched Jenna, but they probably still do it).

The later tapings a couple times a week also allows them to book guests who aren't willing/able to be on-set at 920A.

Tamron, Sherri, Jennifer, and KellyClarkson all go into reruns for the summer, with maybe an occasional "all new" (pretaped) show.

Honestly, I think that when Ryan left, the taping schedule has become more consistent.  Working around his schedule made it seem that the pre-tapes happened on odd days.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, finnzup said:

So many odd behaviors on her part, but nothing beats the tightly crossed arms across her chest and the leg jigging a mile a minute!!  rofl

I’ve actually been giving this some thought. Could she be a drug user? Now I don’t know that jibes with her alleged personal life of being a good mother and going to church etc., but her tics and thinness seem to go along with it. I’ve heard gossip that Andy Cohen (who is one of her besties) likes to do drugs and perhaps her social use of them has progressed to the mornings as a way of making her more “live” as well as to keep up with her hectic schedule (her working out physically). By no means am I calling her an addict. I just wonder if some use may have caused some of this continual restlessness we see on screen. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

2 hours ago

They will be off this week and likely next week or the entire month.

Isn't it live today?  I was quite surprised! 

and OMG!!!!  Girlfriend, lose the overly-lined lips and lip gloss!  Yikes!!

Another Yikes!!  The visible ribs in that dress when she started feeling her side as she does every day.  And where are her pre-pubescent breasts?!  They've completely disappeared.

Omg, this is too much; she's a hoot!!

P.S. Congrats Mark on an acting job!!

• LOL 2

Something I've noticed recently - when they are interviewing a guest, she is alway like, I want to know, I this, I that.   Never a "we".  She really acts as though Mark isn't even there when doing the interviews.  She almost puts her back to him. So rude.  
And please, Kelly, get a haircut!  I am so sick of that same parted down the middle hairdo day in & out.  She is too old for it.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, NYCRunner said:

Something I've noticed recently - when they are interviewing a guest, she is alway like, I want to know, I this, I that.   Never a "we".  She really acts as though Mark isn't even there when doing the interviews.  She almost puts her back to him. So rude.  
And please, Kelly, get a haircut!  I am so sick of that same parted down the middle hairdo day in & out.  She is too old for it.

I think we all agree that she has an arrogant streak a mile wide, don't we??

• Like 8
On 6/28/2024 at 7:10 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I’ve actually been giving this some thought. Could she be a drug user? Now I don’t know that jibes with her alleged personal life of being a good mother and going to church etc., but her tics and thinness seem to go along with it. I’ve heard gossip that Andy Cohen (who is one of her besties) likes to do drugs and perhaps her social use of them has progressed to the mornings as a way of making her more “live” as well as to keep up with her hectic schedule (her working out physically). By no means am I calling her an addict. I just wonder if some use may have caused some of this continual restlessness we see on screen. 

I have thought this for a while . She has all of ticks and hee extreme thinness is concerning .   And this weird  Andy friendship when he is so sleazy , sending her penis pictures and his misogynistic shows , makes me think there is another hidden side to Kelly .

Another thing , she is so hyper and unfocused that Mark has to take charge of the show now . He was literally finishing her words for her because she can’t talk fluently , and he has to move the show along because she can’t even pay attention to cues.

• Like 6
On 7/2/2024 at 6:37 PM, NYCRunner said:

I think she's back to wearing her extensions so she's probably not getting it cut anytime soon.

But, I can't wait for her tutorial on how to get an upper lip!!  Omg, did she really film herself doing her lip and will it be a segment on the show?!?!  I'm dying here...

In her explanation of her lip lining she claimed to be no expert in the make-up department.  No kidding Kellllmeeeee, that's why Live! employs a professional make-up artist to apply your make-up each morning.  Is she for real??  And what did her make-up artist think about her own arts n' crafts on her face?? 

She's treading into the area of Jack Nicholson's mouth in Batman and I'm here for it! lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

So Kellllmeeee posted her how-to IG video on how to achieve an over-blown top lip, lol.

What in the fresh hell kind of filter does she have going on?

She is bordering on desperation now; desperate to stay young, hip and relevant.

She's a real hoot and a half! lol

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1

She was very beautiful when she started this show.  Like during the 9-11-01 taping.  

If there’s a certain guest like Jennifer Esposito I’m interested in they have on I’ll check it out a little.  The nicest thing I’ll say for the show is it’s mind numbing.  

• Like 3
On 7/5/2024 at 4:37 PM, finnzup said:

So Kellllmeeee posted her how-to IG video on how to achieve an over-blown top lip, lol.

What in the fresh hell kind of filter does she have going on?

She is bordering on desperation now; desperate to stay young, hip and relevant.

She's a real hoot and a half! lol

And she called the commenters "monsters".  She is so thin-skinned 😂 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Loved the Faye Dunaway interview!

Apologies to Faye, saying this with all due respect, but all I could think of as she began to speak was, "toothless, not homeless."  

• Sad 3
6 hours ago, finnzup said:

Loved the Faye Dunaway interview!

Apologies to Faye, saying this with all due respect, but all I could think of as she began to speak was, "toothless, not homeless."  

Maybe her Actor's Guild group insurance doesn't cover dental???

• LOL 2

So it's a live Live! but they insist on using news clippings for host chat; hence resurrecting the term "crap chat."

Why is this necessary?  Could it be that 'one' of them is incapable of carrying on a conversation?  I feel sorry for MARK CONSUELOS!!!  The guy can talk, he can tell a story, he's funny....but he's being held hostage by this horrible show.

On another note, I just noticed her tattoo on her forearm and a quick search explained it's their marriage date.  Awful outfit on her today.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Ex-‘Bachelor’ contestant calls out Kelly Ripa for ‘offensive’ Jenn Tran interview

https://pagesix.com/2024/07/11/entertainment/ex-bachelor-contestant-calls-out-kelly-ripa-for-offensive-jenn-tran-interview/

Former “Bachelor” contestant Ashley Iaconetti slammed Kelly Ripa for her “offensive” interview with “Bachelorette” star Jenn Tran.

On Wednesday, the Bachelor Nation alum spoke out about Tran’s recent appearance on “Live With Kelly and Mark,” claiming the talk show host harshly drilled the Season 21 lead for choosing not to find a husband in an “office” or at “medical school.”

“It disappoints me when I see that Kelly Ripa has such an ax to grind with ‘The Bachelor’ franchise,” Iaconetti said on the “Almost Famous” podcast.

“Every time we have a lead go on the show to promote it, she always seems to be so skeptical of — a little bit of the lead, and their decision to be the lead — and also just the process,” she continued.

Iaconetti, 36, alleged Ripa “just seems to really shame the show.”

“She loves to pick at ‘The Bachelor’ and ‘The Bachelorette,'” the mom of one said, adding there are “so many reality shows out there that are so much more trashy.”

Iaconetti explained that her co-host and Season 20 “Bachelor” lead Ben Higgins also had a similar experience with Ripa when he appeared on “Live With Kelly and Michael” in 2016.

Higgins, 35, quipped the talk show host “definitely doesn’t like the show,” which “makes for an awkward interview.”

“I don’t know if they denied her the ‘Bachelorette’ role at some point,” he joked.

Higgins said Ripa was “still very nice” but interviews with Bachelor Nation leads tend to be “awkward” because they aren’t allowed to answer specific questions.

Reps for Ripa weren’t immediately available to Page Six for comment.

On Monday, Tran appeared on “Live” with Ripa and her husband, Mark Consuelos, as the two questioned why the physician assistant student wanted to be on the show.

“You’re drop-dead gorgeous,” Ripa said. “You could meet anybody anywhere, at any time. Why why why [the show].”

Ripa asked why Tran didn’t choose to meet someone at “medical school” or “the office,” as Consuelos chimed in and said she could’ve met someone at “church.”

“I have a question. Where did you meet your husband? On TV, no?” Tran responded, referring to when the couple met on “All My Children” in the ’90s.

“Those are not the same. We were both professional,” Ripa said. “Are you acting on your show? I didn’t marry [Mark’s character] Mateo Santos. I married Mark Consuelos.”

Despite the onscreen tension, an insider told Entertainment Weekly that Ripa and Tran engaged in friendly banter, and their conversation was well received.

Tran starred on Season 28 of “The Bachelor” with Joey Graziadei, who ultimately got engaged to Kelsey Anderson.

New episodes of “The Bachelorette” air Mondays at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

• Mind Blown 1

As usual Kelly was obnoxious and rude to the Bachelorette contestant but kissed the  butt of the Real  Housewife trashy woman the next day ! The woman whose husband is in jail and is a total sleaze herself !

In Kelly’s world the PG Bachelor /Bachelorette are so offensive, but women drugging and attacking each other is what she thought was great TV for her and her young daughter when Lola was still a kid at home .

• Like 6
(edited)

Just have to comment about the interview with Bernadette Peters.  I really do enjoy her visits to the show and if memory serves, I believe she was a favorite of Reege's too.  

Anyway, I thought Kelllmeeee was rude, I don't even know if that's the word, but I found her to be condescending, maybe, when Bernadette was talking about Kelllmeeee's lip tutorial.  As Bernadette was trying to explain it, Kellllmeeee kept interrupting her and correcting her (like it's rocket science, lol) and I just found Kelllmeee to be so condescending to her.  I felt it took the wind out of Bernadette's story and that she felt a bit uncomfortable.  But the best part was when Bernadette said it didn't work for her because she looked like "The Joker."  Well, guess what??  So does Kelllmeeee!!  I just can't with her lips!  And the faces she now makes with pursing those lips, my goodness I would think Lola would tell her how ridiculous she looks.

And why doesn't Gelman just pull up a third chair?  The way he guffaws at everything Kellllmeee says is just so distracting.  And really Gelman, she's not even saying anything remotely funny.  And then his commentary on all of the news clippings as though the audience can't understand what they're reading.  

Very painful and awkward moment today during crap chat when Kel was trying to spit a story about their child that could be "a bit funnier."  Holy cow!  The dead air was palpable.  Finally MARK CONSUELOS!!!!! jumped in and finished her story.  He seems to do that on the daily now and I for one am grateful he does.

Edited by finnzup
  • Like 5

I wonder how long Mark is going to put up with her over the top mocking and exaggerations about him.

Joking is one thing , but she sits there with her boney body , shaking her legs with her arms crossed like she’s had 3 triple shot venti coffee from Starbucks and just waits to mock him with either very private or over the top jokes .

Do we need to know that Mark asked her how many pairs of underpants he should pack for a trip ? And when she said he was as afraid in 4ft of water when it was 30 ft when subs diving I wondered why she has this need to make him look stupid on national tv. Mark actually said “why are you saying that ?”, as if he was surprised she was saying something to make him look like an idiot .

I do think it’s a matter of insecurity and jealously because the audience does respond to Mark much better than they respond to her and he is a natural host, while  she still can’t spit out a story , even if she’s reading it from a piece of paper ! So she mocks him .

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
20 hours ago, orangekit said:

but she sits there with her boney body , shaking her legs with her arms crossed like she’s had 3 triple shot venti coffee from Starbucks 

This of all things is so so distracting for me.  Not only distracting, but so many questions.  Why the need to shake?  Why the aggressive arm cross?  How many other hosts of Live! or any other talk show host display so many mannerisms and oddities?  I guess my question is why can't she sit like a normal person?  Is it a physical issue for her, is it an emotional/mental issue for her or is it as simple as attempting to upstage her partner?

I would love to know the answer but until then....

• Like 6

Honestly, I think it all comes down to Kelly not being a nice person.  She is really insufferable, Mark is so likable & I think that really bugs her.  Please stop with the leg shaking & angry arm cross, it is soooo annoying!!

• Like 6
21 minutes ago, finnzup said:

How refreshing to see Jane Krakowski today.  She's quick, witty, cute and she can......TALK!!

Oh good, I'll watch this when I get home from work, JK is one of those guests, like Caroline Rhea, who's always a good watch.

• Like 4