Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

They never mentioned anything about Michael Strahan's daughter Isabella's brain cancer diagnosis. She is still so jealous of Michael Strahan's success and she's still sitting in that chair whining I want to retire. I'm sure no one on that show is allowed to mention his name. I wish they would replace her and maybe the show would have some life again. It's a hateful show now. jmo

• Like 7

For sure Kellllmeeee would never mention Michael Strahan's daughter on Live!  I think we all know that.  I did wonder, though, if she sent him a note to express her and Mark's concern.  

I hate to bring back the term 'crap chat,' but for me, that's what is has become.  Even Mark can't save it because he defers too much to her.  You can see by his body language he knows she's struggling, (the tender rubs to her back, the touching of her hand, the smiles....)  I wish he'd just take control, chat away and have her sit there and stare at the camera and nod every now and again.

Case in point, today's long, drawn out story of the Gen Z'ers (or whoever they are, lol) and their picture taking....omg, did that fall flatter than her chest.  Even I felt embarrassed for her, nothing but crickets from the audience and Mark did the best he could to recover for her.  She looked embarassed, she looked like she had had enough and he just kind of rubbed her back and made a comment.

She has gone from bad to worse; and I don't even know how that's possible because she is B A D! imo  And with Mark on board now, I think she knows it too.

And yes to the leg shaking!!!!! Although I didn't notice too much shaking today, maybe she was spoken to??  rofl  Although she has such a grip on her arms crossed across her chest, maybe she cut the blood flow to her leg and it wasn't able to shake!! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I enjoy watching the show and Kelly & Mark together.  I've watched and followed the show for years and have enjoyed all the unique styles and character of everybody.

I quite enjoyed watching all the workouts last week everday. To me, as someone who is trying to get my health back on track after some serious, life changing health issues and following a medically monitored program, it was inspiring to me, even if it would be a different plan and pace. The show is light and happy. It gives me a positive start and outlook to each day. I only watch shows I enjoy and this is one of them because of the lighthearted  and self-deprecating humor. I hope others see there is positivity out there. This brings it for me. Throw in a solid couple who've raised a great family, worked their way up and a set crew that you can clearly see is like family...what's not to enjoy for an hour a day? :) 

• Like 2

Today's crap chat featuring, wait for it......Kellmeeee's shaking leg!!

And MARK CONSUELOS!!!!! was absolutely right, she was shaking it like crazy, going a mile-a-minute, lol.

What a hoot!

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1

What has happened to Mark??  Have they decided to make him the buffoon during the interviews?  Omg, cringeworthy questions and interactions with Bryan Cranston and the bathroom breaks and diaper talk.  What the heck??

I may be remembering it wrong but didn't MARK CONSUELOS!!!! usually lead in the interviews?  The reason I think so was because at the time I thought Kelllmeeee would take offense to that inasmuch as she considers herself  the 'lead.'

All of a sudden, MARK CONSUELOS!!!! is the one sitting there like the potted plant, not Kelmeee.

Again, I could be remembering it wrong but now he just sits there and listens to her inane fake laughter with the guest.

2 hours ago, finnzup said:

What has happened to Mark??  Have they decided to make him the buffoon during the interviews?  Omg, cringeworthy questions and interactions with Bryan Cranston and the bathroom breaks and diaper talk.  What the heck??

I may be remembering it wrong but didn't MARK CONSUELOS!!!! usually lead in the interviews?  The reason I think so was because at the time I thought Kelllmeeee would take offense to that inasmuch as she considers herself  the 'lead.'

All of a sudden, MARK CONSUELOS!!!! is the one sitting there like the potted plant, not Kelmeee.

Again, I could be remembering it wrong but now he just sits there and listens to her inane fake laughter with the guest.

He probably got a good talking to at home when she realized people were really liking him & hoping she would go away. Happy wife happy life type talking to. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
10 hours ago, Onefineday said:

Are they off the whole week or just today, presumably to recover from the day after the Grammys? (Were they even there?)

I wondered the same thing.  Maybe our girl is still recovering from her appearance at Madonna's concert.  She's a hoot and a half! lol

• LOL 2
(edited)

Kelly’s nutritionist stated what  she eats in a day for E News .  I work in an office with nutritionists , I showed them the article and they were surprised that any nutritionist would find a diet so unbalanced , lacking in variety and so low in protein healthy 
it’s like she’s on a perpetual fad weight loss diet 

https://www.eonline.com/news/1395363/kelly-ripas-nutritionist-breaks-down-what-she-eats-in-a-typical-day?cmpid=social&source=instagram-enews&medium=link-post&content=organic

Edited by orangekit
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
On 2/19/2024 at 6:12 PM, orangekit said:

it’s like she’s on a perpetual fad weight loss diet 

That's what it sounds like for sure.  Certainly not enough calories and protein to maintain her work-out schedule.  But I guess if she's happy and she likes the way she looks, that's all that matters.  She just seems to be so paranoid about gaining any weight at all.  I often wonder if it has anything to do with all the weight she gained with her first pregnancy.  I recall that her fans were very mean to her online making comments about how big she was.  

• Sad 1

I find it so odd she sits down and pushes her sleeves up. Adjusts her waist dress or pants. Shakes her leg.

OTOH there has never been a better co-star other than Regis, than Mark.

I actually love their love and relationship.

• Like 2

16 hours ago

I find it so odd she sits down and pushes her sleeves up. Adjusts her waist dress or pants. Shakes her leg.

It used to be odd, but she's been doing it for years now so it would be odd if she walked out and just sat in her chair without all her fidgeting.

She can't help herself, she immediately starts with her left sleeve, then goes to her left waistband, then the other side, all the while the leg is going a mile a minute.

Imo, I think her many quirks and tics are now used to cover up the fact that she can't complete a thought without interminable pauses and 'uh's,' kind of like a distraction.  I noticed Mark just jumps in now and either finishes her sentences or stories or either 'pivots' and changes the subject, lol.

I agree, I enjoy Mark as co-host.  She should thank him every day for being so engaging and turning crap chat back into host chat.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Yes, Mark is getting better & better!  On the food issue, I do remember recently he said if he has a handful of almonds, he knows exactly how many calories are in them.  And with anything else he puts in his mouth too.  WTF??  These two seem to have food issues lol.  You also NEVER hear them talk about going out to restaurants in NY.  My sister lives near them & the restaurants around there, omg, so many to choose from(& all of Manhattan for that matter!).  Why are they so afraid of food?  Good Lord, Kelly could afford to add a few pounds.  She came out the other day in green baggy pants & a pajama-like striped top & she is sooo painfully thin.  Hard to look at.

• Like 6

I saw that, lol!!!  He was just looking at her legs like, come on, I know you're dying to start shaking that whole chair.  I also loved the guest who said she goes to everything NY has to offer & Mark chimed in how he loves the Broadway shows.  Crickets from Kelly because she seems to only venture out to work 3 days a week & her AK workout 7 days a week.

• Like 5
(edited)

I wonder how long Mark will laugh at Kelly bringing up person things and his quirks down laughs.  I think Kelly likes having Mark on the show but she’s also a bit jealous of his popularity. He is better than her as host and she has been doing this for over 20 years!

it looks like Kelly and Mark going on WWHL  , probably to support their buddy Andy .  I will never get how Kelly comes off as such a feminist that she can’t handle the bachelor or bachelorette , and gives lectures on how degrading it is , but she watches Real Housewives and had her daughter watching them as a child with her ! Talk about degrading and misogynistic! And her son works on  that sleazy franchise ?  With all of the legal drama now , it should he interesting .  Hard to believe Kelly defends Andy when he can’t  control his drinking on national TV and is behind such a degrading franchise !

Edited by orangekit
  • Like 5

I think that Ryan was not happy with how Kelly was defending drunk Andy after NYE.  I don’t get into reality tv especially shows like RH .  I can’t believe Kelly and Mark would be getting into this mess with him .

• Like 2

I don't care for Andy Cohen. I remember Kelly gushing about the Housewives when Regis was still there, and he was shaking his head because he had good sense. There's just something insincere about AC.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

I don't care for Andy Cohen. I remember Kelly gushing about the Housewives when Regis was still there, and he was shaking his head because he had good sense. There's just something insincere about AC.

Yes and she had Lola watching real housewives while giving speeches  about now sexist Bachelor was .  And now Michael is ruining his reputation by working as a producer on a tacky reality show after going to  NYU?

I also think Ryan was not happy with Kelly defending drunk Andy after he trashed him on New Years Eve . I have a feeling  Andy and Kelly think they are the “cool” people and Ryan is just too much of a goody two shoes . If Kelly keeps attaching onto Andy it may not be good . I can’t believe she and Mark are going on his show ! 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

Yes, and for a man in his 50’s who has a child , he is still getting drunk on national tv and insulting people ? I know people find it entertaining or funny , but for me it’s a huge turn off .    
I don’t know how Kelly doesn’t see a man who produces shows where women are called “housewives” and encouraged to fight as misogynistic.  
It’s obvious these women do anything to be famous , but the fact that people make careers producing it and women like Kelly think it’s wonderful is disturbing.

• Like 4

Another thing that I don’t get is why Kelly thinks her fake smoking is a sign of being upper class or rich !  Is it 1960 again ?   It’s so cringeworthy when she does that !

• Like 7

I used to watch "all" the Housewives shows until Brandi Glanville smacked Lisa Vanderpump when they were in Europe.  THAT was the last show of its "ilk" I ever watched.  They were too mean to each other & I don't think it sets a good example, but there are people who, like Andy Cohen, love to see that kind of behaviour.

• Like 3
(edited)

What I don’t get is how Mark , Kelly and now their son is so close to Andy Cohen . He’s probably going to lose his job since he’s doing coke with employees.  He also has an obvious drinking problems. It makes me wonder about them !

Edited by orangekit
  • Like 5
On 2/28/2024 at 6:05 PM, babyhouseman said:

There's just something insincere about AC.

"insincere"  BINGO! 

I think you just found the common ground between Kelllmeeee and AC.

• Like 3
20 hours ago, finnzup said:

"insincere"  BINGO! 

I think you just found the common ground between Kelllmeeee and AC.

It’s odd that they are so close to a coke head who can’t even control his boozing on tv . Years ago there was speculation about Kelly’s weight loss and hyper energy when she barely eats , and the fact she literally has to shake her legs all the time .  I doubt it’s true , but something is odd about them being so close to someone like Andy .

And yesterday she had to do the fake cigarette again ! She really thinks smoking is a symbol of upper class and wealth ? So weird !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
(edited)

Kelly and Andy remind me of high school kids who think they are cool  and snark about others all the time , and then pretend they are friends with the people they talk about . And Anderson reminds me of the nerd who hangs out with them because he wants to be popular and laughs at their stupid jokes .

Edited by orangekit
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Welcome back to the jet-setters!  

MARK CONSUELOS!!! is getting so good at cutting her yapping off at the knees.  She begins her "uhh, uhh's" and he immediately either changes the subject or finishes the story.  Thank you!!

Do we know which property they are talking about when they say they should take off to view the cherry blossoms?  Can't be their Colorado chalet...where else do they own?  Too soon for blossoms at the "Long Island" property, lol.

On a side note, Kelllmeee's poor shirt sleeves, thought she was going to tear the cuffs off to be able to push them up her arm.  She's really a nervous mess, between pulling at her clothes and the leg shaking, wonder why that is?

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, finnzup said:

MARK CONSUELOS!!! is getting so good at cutting her yapping off at the knees.  She begins her "uhh, uhh's" and he immediately either changes the subject or finishes the story.  Thank you!!

Do we know which property they are talking about when they say they should take off to view the cherry blossoms?  Can't be their Colorado chalet...where else do they own?  Too soon for blossoms at the "Long Island" property, lol.

On a side note, Kelllmeee's poor shirt sleeves, thought she was going to tear the cuffs off to be able to push them up her arm.  She's really a nervous mess, between pulling at her clothes and the leg shaking, wonder why that is?

GUILT for having a job she doesn't deserve & watching her husband do it better!!!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, finnzup said:

Not to mention her inability to stand  still and finally having to cross her legs in front of her when Mark was announcing the Oscar contest !  Do micro greens and almonds cause someone to pick at their clothing ,  shake their leg while sitting and also make them unable to stand still ? It reminds me of when I was a kid and older women would be in amphetamines which were called “diet pills “ so they could exist on hardly any food and have energy .  Is her bestie Andy sharing his goodies with her ? She seriously is a jittery mess and it’s weird that she can work out for hours every day without hardly any calories or protein in her diet that her “nutritionist “ shared with entertainment sites !

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)
58 minutes ago, BlueSkies said:

She used to be so cute

Wow, what a metamorphosis.

How odd that as a newbie to the world of entertainment she talked so fast and so long with her laborious frog story without one "uh, uhhh, ahhh."   

And now, with some 20 odd years under her belt, she can't put a simple sentence together.  

I really am baffled by this, seriously, lol.

P.S.  Deja is losing so much weight, imo.  Wonder what she's doing?

Edited by finnzup
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
(edited)

Kelly’s dresses , hair makeup were well done for the Oscars , but wow she is now so gaunt and boney from her “healthy diet” that it has ruined her face which always looked nice in the past .  Does anyone around her not worry when they see what is basically a cleanse being presented as her “healthy diet”, and seeing how she looked in her black outfit the past show in the studio before the Oscar’s ?  Her “nutritionist “ is a chiropractor and her trainer looks like she is fanatical and lacking in balance and moderation.   

Edited by orangekit
  • Like 2
(edited)

I thought Kellllmeeee and MARK CONSUELOS!!! looked very nice; our girl certainly has a whole team to produce the final look.  I think her age is finally catching up to her as far as her face but with that said, she still looks very lovely when they put her together.

I didn't watch the whole Live after Oscars show, just snippets from their Instagram account and I have a couple observations.

I noticed when they sat down in the Dolby theatre, Mark took the main host chair and Kellmeee took the second fiddle seat.

Also thought in the Instagram pics and reels, something seemed off between the two of them.  Don't know if I saw something that wasn't there or if there was some drama behind the scenes that all married couples experience.

Also saw a tape of Kelllmeee, dressed in all her finery, telling the audience how thankful she was that they all showed up and waited in line......"how 'DOPE' that you all showed up."  I'm sorry, "how DOPE?!"  I get it Kel, you want to hang on to your youth as long as you can, but so cringeworthy, imo.

She just tries way too hard in all the wrong ways.

Edited by finnzup
  • Like 3
(edited)

Kelly has now  added scratching her head to her ticks ! Now she shakes her legs , plays with her clothing non stop and scratches her arms .

Why can she not sit or stand still ? She acts and looks  Cohen sharing his “candy” with her with her nervous ticks,  boney  body and endless hyper energy , in spite of not eating enough for a toddler !

Edited by orangekit
  • LOL 2

It's funny how Mark is far more comfortable in this role and he's only been hosting for a year.

He's so good at keeping the show flowing. On Wednesday, they were talking about the SATs and Kelly was going to tell a story about #2 pencils, but he cut her off and kept the conversation going, because she would have just stammered and slowed everything down.  

I still want to see Deja and Mark do the hosting gig. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Totally agree!  Mark is such a natural.  He & Regis would have had great conversations I think.  I am just always baffled how back in the early days, Kelly was really quite good.  Just look at some of the YouTube videos around 2007-2009 for example.  No ums, scratching, leg shaking.  She was actually witty & funny.  Then at some point she turned & started to act very mean toward Regis when her ego probably got the best of her.  Now she is just beyond insufferable.  

• Like 4
(edited)

And to be snarky, why do they continue to dress her like a head mistress of a private school?  Please lose the flowy blouse, long tight skirt & ugly pumps /  long baggy dresses.  These do her tiny frame no favors.

Edited by NYCRunner
  • Like 2

Okay, my last rant of the week!  Just watched the 1st few minutes of Thursday's show.  Pre-recorded of course.  Mark is reading a survey of how people like their eggs cooked.  Her leg shaking is so out of control here.  It is stressful to watch.  Does she hate eggs?  Or just the thought of food in general??  I had to stop watching lol.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, NYCRunner said:

Her leg shaking is so out of control here

Yes, saw that too and could not believe the intensity of her shaking.  

If this job gives her so much angst, why does she put herself through it?

I also noticed she's back to that puffed cheek entrance when she comes dancing out.  I don't think she cares that she looks ridiculous.

• LOL 2

Kelly would never go for it, but if the chat stresses her out so much, they should have Deja and Mark do the chat and bring her out to interview the guests, because she loves to mingle with the big stars.

• Like 3

Kelly’s statement about how the speculations and rumors about Princess Kate were “gross” was interesting since her bestie Andy Cohen was one of the people making jokes and comments about her situation !  
For someone who is always acting like she is so pro women it’s hilarious that her bestie produces a show where he calls women “housewives “ and the are encouraged to act trashy and attack each other .  And Kelly gets off on watching it while her son who went o s prestigious film school like NYU is producing that trash. 

How does that make any sense ?

• Like 5
On 3/26/2024 at 5:01 PM, goldenpuppy said:

Kelly’s statement about how the speculations and rumors about Princess Kate were “gross” was interesting since her bestie Andy Cohen was one of the people making jokes and comments about her situation !  
For someone who is always acting like she is so pro women it’s hilarious that her bestie produces a show where he calls women “housewives “ and the are encouraged to act trashy and attack each other .  And Kelly gets off on watching it while her son who went o s prestigious film school like NYU is producing that trash. 

How does that make any sense ?

Yes, she is your typical mean-girl hypocrite. It's ok for her and her friends to discuss the Princess, but of course, they are not the common other "gross" people that are speculating about it. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Onefineday said:

Yes, she is your typical mean-girl hypocrite. It's ok for her and her friends to discuss the Princess, but of course, they are not the common other "gross" people that are speculating about it. 

Yes ! Kelly and Andy remind me of the mean girls and boys in high school who mock everyone !

Yes , we common people are “gross” because we are so mean but when her buddy snarks it’s ok !  Not to mention their buddy Anderson who acts like the nerd who wants to be with the popular kids so he laughs at all of their mean behavior !

It’s very telling that Kelly has such a huge enemy list .  
i think Mark is saving the show at this point . He reminds me of Regis , he is a natural host 

i met Mark at a charity event when he was on All My Children . It was a lunch and then a photo autograph signing event .  He was super nice . I was very impressed that he didnt get into the many women who were outwardly flirting with him ,  and some were raunchy.  Mark was so nice and purposely ignored the very attractive, flirty women and ate  lunch our table of very average women!  He was super nice and talked to use a lot ! He actually seemed annoyed with flirty women .  That impressed us a lot since we had gone to other soap events and many of the other stars ignored anyone who wasn’t a pretty flirtatious woman .

• Like 7

Is Kelly ever not bitching about the weather ? This  is a woman who spends many weeks every year on a warm private island and she acts like she so tortured by the NYC weather.   It’s not like she has to walk to work and or take a subway ! She’s picked up by a car and didn’t even have to even shower, , get dressed or do hair or makeup! Not to mention she only works 3 days a week !

And it is so obnoxious when she talks about what she would do if she won the lottery !  Her salary for one year is like winning the lottery many times !

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
(edited)

I took the advice of MARK CONSUELOS!!!!! and decided I'd listen to Kellmeeee's podcast and her guest Kyle Richards but fell asleep almost as it started.  Don't know if I'll finish it since I've already found out that Kyle again dances around the question of her relationship with Morgan.

Anyway, the tidbit that was most glaring to me was between Kelllmeee and one of her yappers that sits with her.    As they discussed Kyle and her possible relationship with Morgan, Kelllmeee intimated that she would welcome -- "I'm here for it" -- a dalliance between she and the girl sidekick and that MARK CONSUELOS!!!! would welcome it and be turned on by it!

On another note with her podcast, I know it's been discussed before, but her speech, diction, pronunciation, whatever you want to call it, is so different as she broadcasts this podcast that I can't even believe it's Kelllmeeee.  I don't know if she took elocution lessons before she took this new endeavor on or what but she sure sounds so different.

Happy Easter!!

Edited by finnzup
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2