Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

What are the ratings like?

https://www.nexttv.com/news/syndication-ratings-live-with-kelly-and-ryan-lifts-in-second-week-of-olympics

[Neilson Ratings]

Live with Kelly and Ryan rallied in the second full week of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, taking sole possession of first place in talk for the first time in eight weeks in the session ended February 20. Disney’s Live with Kelly and Ryan had tied CBS Media Ventures’ Dr. Phil for talk’s top slot  in the prior two weeks.  

The vast majority of syndicated shows were flat to down, due to preemptions on NBC affiliates, schedule changes and stronger-than-usual competition on various platforms due to the Winter Olympics. On February 15 and 16, there were also heavy preemptions on CBS affiliates for coverage of UEFA Champions League soccer.

Live, which was among the very few shows in positive territory, strengthened 6% to a 1.7 live plus same day national household rating, according to Nielsen Media Research. Among daytime’s key demographic of women 25-54, Live led with a 0.6. 

1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Looks like a lot of folks still watch. Or at least turn the TV on to that station when they are on.  

My tv is on so I catch the news on GMA/local and just gets left on while I'm doing other crap like getting breakfast ready etc. and then I will sit down & watch the start of the view while eating so I guess I'm counted in the viewership numbers.

I can't be alone in this.

Being on the west coast I'm pretty sure it says "previously recorded" every day anyway so it takes a few minutes to figure out if someone interesting might be on but guests do tend to go to GMA/Live/ the View all on the same day.

• Love 2

I think Live has high ratings , but this rating report from mid January shows quite a drop in demos and over all ratings for Live.

I can not see them maintaining high ratings with new competition that keeps rising while they do a half hearted show with two boring cohosts , no audience and taped shows ! 

Here is the report from January 19th:

The top talk shows for the week among women 25-54 were:

Dr. Phil (0.7, +17% from the week before)

Live with Kelly and Ryan (0.6, -14%)

Ellen DeGeneres (0.4, +33%), tied with Kelly Clarkson (0.4, unchanged) and Maury (0.4, unchanged)I

Dr. Phil (CMV) 1.9 +12%

Live with Kelly and Ryan (Disney-ABC) 1.6 -11%

Ellen DeGeneres (WBDTD) 1.1 +22%

The Kelly Clarkson Show (NBCU) 1.0 +25%

Maury (NBCU) 0.8 NC

Rachael Ray (CMV) 0.8 NC

Wendy Williams (Debmar-Mercury) 0.7 NC

Tamron Hall (Disney-ABC) 0.7 +17%

Drew Barrymore (CMV) 0.6* +20%

Steve Wilkos (NBCU) 0.6 NC

Dr. Oz (Sony) 0.5 NC

Nick Cannon (CMV) 0.5 +25%

The Real (WBDTD) 0.4* +33%

Jerry Springer (NBCU) 0.3 NC

The Doctors (CMV) 0.2 NCshe l

5 minutes ago, orangekit said:

I can not see them maintaining high ratings with new competition that keeps rising while they do a half hearted show with two boring cohosts , no audience and taped shows ! 

Well, I can!  It's not like the new competition is anything to write home about.  Like someone posted above, sometimes Live! is only on because they haven't changed the channel from GMA.  Live's saving grace is that its become a daily habit for many people, no matter how half-hearted or boring the hosts are.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Well, I can!  It's not like the new competition is anything to write home about.  Like someone posted above, sometimes Live! is only on because they haven't changed the channel from GMA.  Live's saving grace is that its become a daily habit for many people, no matter how half-hearted or boring the hosts are.

You are right about competition , especially in the morning .

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I will sit down & watch the start of the view while eating so I guess I'm counted in the viewership numbers.

I believe you are only counted in the viewership numbers if you are a "Nielson family," which means you have something hooked to your tv, etc. to monitor which shows you are watching.

Things may have changed in this technological world, but that's the way it used to be, lol.

I think the -11% is very telling and can't be making the suits and advertisers happy.  It's also a number that doesn't bode well when they both go in for re-negotiating their contract.  

Live! is dying a very slow death and I agree with those that have said the both of them, Kelllmeee and Ryan, are both phoning it in and really have no vested interest in the show other than their huge paychecks.

• Love 1

I saw a picture this morning of Kelllmeeee and MARK CONSUELOS!!! at the wrestling championships (Michigan did quite well with individual wins).

There were numerous fans sitting in the stands, not a one with a mask on, and there sits Kellmeee, posing for a pic, the only one with a mask on.  It also looks to me like she's double masked.  Mark is maskless as well as all the other fans in the photo.  Is she that afraid of germs??  Or is it attention seeking??  I don't begrudge her mask wearing, to each their own, but for the 2 seconds it takes to take a picture, she can't remove it?  

I just find her to be an odd duck and that is certainly her right to be as odd as she wants, lol.

• Love 1

My own elderly parents and some family are seriously compromised. I am always masked as well. My family, my choice. Why can't you cut some slack? You don't know her life.

Have you ever had a comfort level that is your own? Everyone is entitled to this if they want.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Buffytoes said:

My family, my choice. Why can't you cut some slack?

Maybe you missed the part of my post where I said:

22 hours ago, finnzup said:

I don't begrudge her mask wearing, to each their own,

She could wrap herself up like a mummy, makes no difference to me.  lol

My point is based on what I do know of her from Live! and all of her social media, Kellmeeee is very much an attention seeker.  

Also wondering if she'll be double-masked when she's interviewing the celebs on Live's Oscar show.  Will they be socially distant inasmuch as they are on the NotLive!'s show, lol.

Edited by finnzup
  • Love 2

There is a picture of Kelly in the crowd with a mask yesterday, but Mark posted a picture the day before and she had no maskanywhere on her to be seen , not even hanging on her  in a huge crowded auditorium.

She has her son in and out of her helicopter parents home , his friend and his mother when they recorded from there. She also had pictures recently carrying in a cake to the wresting match like a kindergarten room mother with no mask !  Makes no sense when she suddenly acts all freaked out about covid !

Sorry , but  and Mark are weird helicopter parents  for sure,  obsessing and following Joaquin around . I doubt he’s even used much in the matches since he’s a freshman .

Also, she and Ryan should really hand Live over to new  hosts who actually care about the show enough to show up and talk about more than their  exercise and diet obsessions ! It’s no longer Live most of the time , and when it is they are so self absorbed and boring they can’t  even mention major current events . 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Onefineday said:

Friday's show was absolutely dreadful.

Wasn't it though?  So many awful segments it's hard to pick just one but it begins with that ridiculous dancing as they make their entrance......wth??  

The puzzle segment with the Oscar winner *sorry, can't think of his name* was asinine and Kelllmeee was so very uncomfortable trying to do the play by play and then when there was extra time at the end of the segment, she was terrible.  I often wonder if she is aware of how bad she is when she's actually attempting to do her job, and that is to talk!  

And during that puzzle segment, we were again treated to Ry Ry's butt crack....for the love of all that is holy, can he please wear pants that fit him???  Even he had to comment about it at the end because I'm sure he was aware that half his backside was showing.  It seems every time Ryan is asked to do something that involves movement, his shirt and pants are all askew and we're treated to the view of his rear, lol.

This really has turned into a $hit$show.  Poor Reege must be half-way to China with all of his spinning in his grave.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I doubt they will talk about it, even though every other show is talking about it this morning. Kelly wants to keep every celebrity as a friend so that she can namedrop in the future.

I have a feeling that it will be a 3 day week and they will take today off.

• Love 1

I can't even remember the new format of their "oscar" shows.....I do recall at one time Kellmeeee was grabbing the winneres as they exited the stage and interviewed them immediately.  I don't think they do that anymore?  

I think they just have an audience and do a Live!NotLive! show just interviewing guests and doing their stupid self-serving skits

I'm even thinking it's a taped show??

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, justduckey said:

So they don’t even go to LA anymore. They send Maria Menunos?

Just finished “watching”. They mentioned  it very briefly at the beginning and how they were confused but that’s all.

So odd, they certainly could have done all those interviews in person not via skype or whatever it's called, lol.  Guess the suits are looking to save money??  I really thought for sure they would be flying out to LA.

And the mention of the slap?  Ridiculous, nothing substantive, nothing at all other than mentioning it and wondering what was happening at the moment.  

The opening where they walk out was so very awkward, Kellmeee and that awful, awful dress prancing out holding it up for what I have no idea.  Ryan making a comment to her that was weird, her answer was odd and then the whole exchange with Dasia (sp) and Kelllmeee talking over Ryan as he was giving the date, time and place, lol, and Kelllmeee and Dasia were ooing and ahhing over Dasia's gown.  And it all went downhill from there, imo.

So Kelllmeee is all glammed up in what I thought was not the best choice of dress for her.  It was very ill-fitting especially over the chest area, just way too tight.  Then, in all of her awkwardness, she sits there constantly crossing her arms over herself like a pre-pubescent 7th grade girl....I don't know why someone hasn't told her to stop doing that, it just looks so odd.  And the other thing she's done non-stop over the past month is constantly grabbing at her waist with her left hand, is she pulling up her Spanx?  Is she adjusting her waist band, what the heck is she grabbing at?  She automatically begins pulling and tugging the minute she sits down.

It was obvious today how very much Ryan controls the show.  He takes charge of every interview and basically runs the show.  Kelllmeee just nods and makes a few odd remarks now and then. 

So at the end of the show, it said "recorded" so I'm guessing they stayed up, taped it after the Oscars and they were off today?  That's the only way they could have discussed the 'slap' and yet still have the show say 'recorded' at the end credits.

Edited by finnzup
  • Love 3

Wow ! That was a hot mess of a show !

So instead of flying to LA, they wasted money on stupid skits . I used to enjoy the skits , but lately it may be because the movies and shows they are spoofing are not really interesting. Just like the Halloween show, the skits were boring .  I think many people don’t even go to movies anymore, so a spoof just isn’t funny .

What a waste of time and money to pretend you have a red carpet ! They could have Skyped from anywhere!
Spending all that money on wardrobe and a studio that no one but Carson Kressly visited was just weird !
The pretend audience and taped shows are getting old for s supposedly Live show . 
Ryan had to finish Kelly’s sentence about the Will Smith incident , since she seems afraid to even mention what happened . She stammered  and did her usual “umm uh “ thing ! 

Who ever  styled Kelly must  have been drunk ! Her hair was a mess with the fake bang extensions and disheveled style . The dress looked like she was dressed in purple aluminum foil !  It was so tight she looked like she was going to burst ! She’s very tiny so it shouldn’t be hard to style her in a decent dress !

I don’t get not going to LA. Ryan is there all the time for American Idol, Kelly just flew to Florida for some occasion and goes to full auditoriums  for wrestling matches ! Plus she has teammates of of Joaquin and and their   parents in and out of the Michigan house .

So, wrestling season is over but it seems like Mark is still living in Michigan , which is odd!

I just wonder who the paranoid one is at Live . The View has an audience and they are ABC.

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 5

I watched it on FF and it looked embarrassing. The Halloween show is horrible, imo, and this comes a close second.

Even though Kelly has gallivanted around the world over the last year or so, somehow she/they can’t go to LA for the Oscar’s (she was just in Palm Springs recently). Mind you, the LA version of the post-Oscars show wasn’t great either but this is just stupid. 

Tricky that they didn’t have the “prerecorded” flash a the beginning of the show and just at the end. I figured legally or something they were required to have it in both places. So were they pretending to be live for host chat? They said they had slept in the studio.

Why must they be so fake about everything?

Edited by justduckey
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, justduckey said:

Why must they be so fake about everything?

So annoying; and 'fake' is Kellmeee's middle name.  She's not had an authentic moment on the show since she took over for KLG, it's all smoke and mirrors.

Also forgot to mention something else that really bugged....here they have Troy Kotsur, the deaf actor that made history winning an Oscar for a groundbreaking movie....and all Kelllmeee can wrap her pea-sized brain around is for him to teach them dirty words?!?!  I can't.....how insulting.

• Love 3
On 3/25/2022 at 10:41 PM, finnzup said:

And during that puzzle segment, we were again treated to Ry Ry's butt crack....for the love of all that is holy, can he please wear pants that fit him???  Even he had to comment about it at the end because I'm sure he was aware that half his backside was showing.  It seems every time Ryan is asked to do something that involves movement, his shirt and pants are all askew and we're treated to the view of his rear, lol.

This really has turned into a $hit$show.  Poor Reege must be half-way to China with all of his spinning in his grave.

Maybe RyRy is trying to attract his next love interest by show his butt crack all the time !

Was Kelly actually whining about “working “ all night on Sunday when she just returned from a 3 week vacation , had Monday off and also has a 3 day work week ? 

• LOL 4

I watched a bit today. They were discussing power vests. I must be aged and outdated as it looked like a regular winter vest to me. Kelly ordered one in size XS. She was proud it was too big for her. It was, as Ryan tried it on and it fit him. It was rainbow colored or as he said the colors of popsicles. I think he intends to keep it. As he put it “a perk of coming into work today”. That banter was 10 minutes long. No big news was spoken about and I get they aren’t a news program or don’t wish to be controversial. It’s just sad it has wasted down to this. I also saw that Kelly now no longer follows me on Twitter. She liked my cats, but I guess I have tainted them with my words here. A shame as I’ve continued to like her even though her celebrity is slipping. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Many companies do that to make people feel special and Kelly fell for it hook, line and sinker.

The majority of American people are a large size, so companies who want to flatter you will change the tag to a medium or small, so when you go to try it on, you can exclaim "wow, I'm a small size" and immediately buy it.  

It's frustrating because there is no consistent size anymore, it just depends on the store.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Why is Mark flying home from Michigan a week after wrestling season is over ?   It seemed like Kelly went to the dinner where her dad received an award with Lola.

I also don’t get why they needed to be attending every competition when Joaquin isn’t even being used since he is a freshman . 

I wonder if they will still go hang out in Michigan to babysit their adult son die the rest of the semester .

• LOL 1

Gee, surprise surprise it was live. I had set it to record bc I was curious if Kelly would mention the passing of Susan Lucci’s husband or of that was also too “newsy” to mention. Bc nothing of substance can be discussed.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, justduckey said:

Gee, surprise surprise it was live.

My NotLive!Live! was previously recorded today, at least that's what I thought I saw at the beginning.

Regarding Susan Lucci's husband, Helmut, I also read that he had passed away on Monday and I was shocked.  I follow her on Instagram and have always enjoyed his little cooking segments and their dining out pics.  He seemed the picture of good health too.  They made a lovely couple.

No talk of any of that but we did get an inside look into Kelllmeee's Anna Kaiser workout when she's just too exhausted to work-out.  She's a hoot!! lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Ok, I know it was a few days ago, but when the doctor was talking about what you can do as far as your immune system to protect against Covid , why did Kelly say that she thought it would be about sex ?  Is she really as mature as a teenager who just hit puberty ?

I actually shouldn’t even ask that question! When she took over the show after Regis left and even when Michael came on, it add pervert  host chat !  It  was so immature and embarrassing to watch a 40 something year old revolve all of her comments around adolescent sex talk ! So for Kelly , her Sex comment actually was mature for her ! 

On 3/31/2022 at 2:24 PM, ByaNose said:

Live with Tape. It’s the new title. Yesterday, it was Marks’s 51st Birthday. So obviously you have to take four days off to celebrate. 

Oh, the birthday of the never aging Latino/Italian Benjamin Button who ages backwards and keeps Kelly so turned on that she has to post on Instagram like a high school girl , and tell us how much sex they have ! 
He’s so sexy he seems to turn on Uncle Ry Ry too ! But that’s another story ! 😂

Mark’s birthday has to have a celebration longer than Queen Elizabeth’s  jubilee !

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, orangekit said:

the never aging Latino/Italian Benjamin Button

omg, I'm dying....lol

1 hour ago, orangekit said:

Mark’s birthday has to have a celebration longer than Queen Elizabeth’s  jubilee

rofl

• LOL 2
(edited)

There are paparazzi pictures of Kelly and Mark walking around NYC .   Kelly seems to have no makeup up on and her face  looks messed up from  whatever she gets done along with her botox .  I will never get why a woman like Kelly , who is pretty , does so much to her face to keep looking young that they look almost scarred !

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 1

Uh oh! Matthew Broderick tested positive and was their first this morning. Will Kelly freak out and cause reruns the rest of the week or for them to go virtual (rolls eyes - not bc I don’t covid seriously but bc I can see her/them freaking out about a close contact exposure).

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, justduckey said:

Uh oh! Matthew Broderick tested positive and was their first this morning. Will Kelly freak out and cause reruns the rest of the week or for them to go virtual (rolls eyes - not bc I don’t covid seriously but bc I can see her/them freaking out about a close contact exposure).

Oh boy, that's got to have her in a tailspin.

I didn't stick around to see any of the rest of the show.  I switched channels after her entrance.  The horror (lol) on Kelllmeee's face as she and Ryan danced their way out had me wondering what was so awful just off camera.  For sure, I thought it was some segment that dealt with food or something else that gives her the heebie-jeebies.

Oh no, it was a giant monitor and she just couldn't bear the sight of herself!  Are.you.kidding.me!?!?!?  This woman loves nothing more than the sight of herself in the monitors, on all her social media platforms, in all her selfies, and so on and so on.....

I really do try to find something engaging about her when she talks but when she starts with this bs I just can't take it.

And yes, we all believe that you had to lie down to have your stylist  zip up your dress, lol.

The interns had lots of shoveling to do today, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I don't watch this show anymore but peek into this thread to see what's going on occasionally. In my area it airs per usual at 9am and then the same channel started rerunning the same episodes at 2am overnights a couple years ago. I guess it's a way to fill in hours without relying on infomercials.

• LOL 1
58 minutes ago, orangekit said:

Don’t they test guests before they come on the show? 

You would think, right?  According to Kellmeeee, she and Ryan are tested and tested again every day.  Wonder if they'll mention it?

• Useful 1

So, was the show live today and did they mention the covid situation ?

I do think it’s so funny that Livr is the only show without an audience and they got exposrd to covid from a guest ! It's also funny thst  Kelly claims she will  never  remove her mask (even though their is a picture of her in a full auditorium without a mask watching wrestling, and she has her son’s friends and parents in abs out of her Michigan home )!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, finnzup said:

You would think, right?  According to Kellmeeee, she and Ryan are tested and tested again every day.  Wonder if they'll mention it?

Kelly is probably freaking out and asking for antivirals already ! Even though they put on a show Od sitting far away during interviews,  Matthew was standing shoulder to shoulder with Kelly for social media pictures !

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, marmalade said:

So, was the show live today and did they mention the covid situation ?

I do think it’s so funny that Live  is the only show without an audience and they got exposrd to covid from a guest ! It's also funny thst  Kelly claims she will  never  remove her mask (even though their is a picture of her in a full auditorium without a mask watching wrestling, and she has her son’s friends and parents in abs out of her Michigan home )!

Oh gee ! Kelly went as far as hiding out on a private island far from NYC  and pretending  she was experiencing the horrors of covid in the city ! She even mentioned hearing sirens!  But then we found out she was lying  so she said she got “stuck “ there on vacation !So now she gets exposed to covid from a guest she was in very close contact with on the show , while being the only show that still does not have an audience in NYC !  Oh the irony ! 

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 3