Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

(edited)

Looks like JB has some work lined up:

'Battle of the Network Stars' Sets Teams for Series Revival on ABC

ABC’s revival of “Battle of the Network” stars has set 20 teams of five celebrities each to compete in the upcoming season, the network announced Monday.

Stars from shows such as “Modern Family,” “Pretty Little Liars,” “Scandal,” “Melrose Place,” “Beverly Hills, 90210,” “The Goldbergs,” “How to Get Away with Murder,” “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “The Incredible Hulk,” “The West Wing,” “Dallas,” “CHiPs,” “Law & Order” and many more will take part in the throwback to the classic series from the 1970’s.

The 10-episode season will pit teams of current and classic TV stars from multiple eras and different genres against one another in a variety of athletic games, like Tug of War, Archery, Kayak Relay, Obstacle Course, and Dunk Tank.  The series will premiere June 29 at 9 p.m.

The hosts for “Battle of the Network Stars” are Mike Greenberg and Joe Tessitore of ESPN; Cassidy Hubbarth and Cari Champion of ESPN will be the sideline reporters. Super Bowl 50 winner DeMarcus Ware and former UFC champion Ronda Rousey will be the team captains.

‘Battle of the Network Stars’ Reboot in the Works at ABC (EXCLUSIVE)

Here are the 20 teams (100 stars) competing against each other this season (I'm only posting four six - I forgot one):

Troublemakers (Vivica A. Fox, Paul Johansson, John Barrowman, Julie Benz, Catherine Bach)
vs.
TV Lifeguards (David Chokachi, Brande Roderick, *Parker Stevenson, Nicole Eggert, Gena Lee Nolin)

Cops (Erik Estrada, *Larry Wilcox, Kelly Hu, Jodi Lyn O’Keefe, *Lorenzo Lamas)
vs.
TV Sitcoms (*Todd Bridges, Leigh-Allyn Baker, Dave Foley, Willie Garson, Jenna von Oy)

Cops (Marisol Nichols, Roma Maffia, *Adrian Zmed, Fred Dryer, Ryan Paevey)
vs.
Sci-Fi Fantasy (*Lou Ferrigno, Vinnie Jones, Charisma Carpenter, Kevin Sorbo, Jill Wagner)

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

The game companies need to work on the people not looking like creepy, creepertons but the concept of the game seems great.  Plus, there's a Felicity in it, lol.  (No, that's not who KC plays, lol.)   

(edited)

I have a problem with 3D computer-generated "real" people, whether in games, television or movies. No matter how detailed and realistic the work,, these characters always have dead, soulless eyes. That works if the character is a stone-cold evil killer. But I have yet to see a computer-generated character who can display any warmth or spark of humanity in their eyes.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

Curious to see if her character bears any resemblance to Felicity (probably not, but I'm curious if SA/RA were influenced by Berlanti's CW shows)...

Laysla De Oliveira To Co-Star In ‘Code 8’; James Jagger Joins ‘The Last Full Measure’
by Amanda N'Duka  June 12, 2017 5:16pm 
http://deadline.com/2017/06/laysla-de-oliveira-code-8-james-jagger-the-last-full-measure-1202112111/

Laysla De Oliveira will co-star opposite Robbie Amell and Stephen Amell in the sci-fi thriller Code 8, with Jeff Chan on board to direct. Currently in production, the pic is set in a world where 4% of the population is born with varying supernatural abilities, known as “specials,” who are impoverished and face discrimination, often resorting to crime. De Oliveira is set as Maddy, a scrappy and resourceful “special” who is part of the inner circle of thieves. The Amell cousins raised the money for this project through the crowdfunding site Indiegogo, and will serve as exec producers along with Resolute Films’ Lee Kim, Blue Ice Pictures’ Mary Anne Waterhouse and Thick Water Entertainment. Chan is producing the pic via his Colony Films label. Repped by Gersh, The Characters Agency and Wright Entertainment, De Oliveira will next be seen in the upcoming films 7Seconds and Business Ethics.
James Jagger has been cast in Todd Robinson’s Vietnam-themed drama The Last Full Measure, joining the ensemble that includes Sebastian Stan, Samuel L. Jackson, Peter Fonda, Amy Madigan, Christopher Plummer, Bradley Whitford, Michael Imperioli, Linus Roache, Grant Gustin and Alison Sudol. Based on the true story of a present-day cover-up investigation, the film follows young Pentagon investigator Scott Huffman (Stan) as he unravels the injustice and battles the political machine in Washington.  Jagger will play the younger version of Jimmy Burr (the older version portrayed by Fonda)....

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Colton Haynes is in the new comedy film, Rough Night, which stars Scarlett Johansson and Kate McKinnon (only quoted part of his interview, you may wish to read the rest)...

Colton Haynes, Once Told To Stay In The Closet, Returns With A Sparkling Outlook
06/14/2017 08:02 am ET | Updated 2 hours ago
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/colton-haynes-rough-night_us_59400b32e4b0b13f2c6e278e

In the span of approximately two years, Colton Haynes ditched his MTV and CW roots, came out, fired his management and took some time off. Now, he’s returning from his hiatus wearing nothing but a glittering thong. The rowdy new comedy “Rough Night,” about a Miami bachelorette weekend gone wrong, features Haynes as a stripper who plays a pivotal role in the movie’s third-act twist.
When offered a movie like “Rough Night,” is the fact that you’re wearing only a thong in most of your scenes part of the pitch?
I have no idea. I literally quit acting for over a year and then I re-signed with a new agency, and then they called me. They were like, “Hey, you just got offered this role.” I said, “I got offered … why? What? With Scarlett Johansson? What? Can you call them back and make sure they’re not looking for Jesse McCartney or someone else?” They weren’t, so I was excited.
You took a year off after leaving “Arrow.”
Yeah, I took a year off after “Arrow” and dealt with some personal issues. Then, I came back with a really positive mindset and this came along.
After leaving “Arrow,” were you worried about being branded a CW star?
Yeah, you do come across that. I wasn’t worried because I don’t put too much thought into it, but at the time, when I started “Teen Wolf,” I was 21 years old. When I left “Arrow,” I was still 26 or something. I just wanted to take some time off to try to figure out if I can do anything beyond that. Not that it was bad — it was so fun, all those experiences. But I just mentally broke. My brain broke.

Because the production schedule was grueling?
Realistically, it was my personal life. My anxiety was so bad that I couldn’t even go to work. It really was so debilitating that I would faint at work. I would literally not be able to speak because I was so nervous. I had to get ahold of that before I could come back and do stuff. They were all so, so amazing and saw me crumbling. I was able to get out that. But with things like that, people are branded as CW or MTV stars, but it’s a really great platform. It’s a good start. A lot of people that have started doing that have gone on to do a lot of things. I definitely came out on the other side, but I don’t think I was worried.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

‘Star Wars Battlefront II’: ‘Game Changers’ Featurette Released [VIDEO]
by MICHAEL MISTROFF on JUNE 14, 2017
http://heroichollywood.com/star-wars-battlefront-ii-game-changers/?doing_wp_cron=1497462507.8367159366607666015625

The featurette also reveals the first look at Paul Blackthorne as Gideon Hask, a member of the Inferno Squadron led by Commander Iden Versio (Janina Gavankar)....

gavankar.jpg?itok=GCgsIBCE%C3%97tamp=149

iden_pic.jpg?w=853

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

After leaving “Arrow,” were you worried about being branded a CW star?

You know, I don't really get the problem.  Sure, the CW isn't high art, but it's IMO a big step above a lot of soap opera actors and they are still allowed to go on to bigger and better things.  Why would having been successful on a platform like the CW or MTV for the matter, be a stigma?  I'd think having a body of work that directors or producers could look at would be a good thing, not to mention, the existing fan base.  Why don't they say, oh no, he's a NBC actor?  Or a horridly monotonous CBS actor?  Why don't the people on OUAT get stigma for their exceedingly campy show and too often one note acting?

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

TheCW/MTV are just looked down upon as crappy teen networks because they are different and generally have low ratings. Though there are soooo many stars who have come from those types of networks (WB/UPN, the OG networks to be side eyed) that went on to bigger and better. He says that he doesn't care about the label but part of it kind of sounds like he does.

I think actors get out of their career what they put into it and blaming a network for them not having a career seems like a cop out. I'm not a fan of biting the hand that feeds you.

Justin Hartley started on a daytime soap, moved to a CW drama and then on to one of the hottest prime time dramas of this season currently. Michelle Willams has been nominated multiple times for Academy Awards and started out on the WB which was basically the CW. Gina Rodriguez and Rachel Bloom both won Golden Globes from starring in CW shows. Blake Lively carved a semi successful movie career out of starring in a CW show. Amy Adams career started from appearing in teen shows and teen movies.

The CW is a platform for a lot of young actors to apply and grow their craft and start building resumes when most other networks predominately hire older and/or established actors. Without those "crappy teen" shows a lot of young actors probably wouldn't find much opportunity.

So you can miss me Huffington Post with your superiority. 

• Love 4

RA said that Code 8 will finish shooting around July 18,19. Then SA said that he won't be there for last week of shooting because he'll be in Vancouver (presumably shooting S6 of Arrow)...

Stephen Amell
23 hrs · Facebook Mentions
Code8.com
Giveaways!!!
New Postcards!!!
OId Postcards are done!!!

35 minutes ago, tv echo said:

RA said that Code 8 will finish shooting around July 18,19. Then SA said that he won't be there for last week of shooting because he'll be in Vancouver (presumably shooting S6 of Arrow)

I'd hope so! Arrow starts filming July 10th.

Also, from the way they were talking, the crowdfunding now seems to be more in the spirit of competition now which, ok (also, what was that joke at the biggest movies having the biggest openings to?)? Still kind of weird to in a way want to be the most expensive crowdfunded film ever, but idk, at least the postcard looks neat imo.

7 hours ago, way2interested said:

I'd hope so! Arrow starts filming July 10th.

Also, from the way they were talking, the crowdfunding now seems to be more in the spirit of competition now which, ok (also, what was that joke at the biggest movies having the biggest openings to?)? Still kind of weird to in a way want to be the most expensive crowdfunded film ever, but idk, at least the postcard looks neat imo.

I suppose they need whatever edge they can get for marketing.  

(edited)

This is interesting...

Rough Night Director Lucia Aniello Explains Why "Raunchy" Doesn't Mean What You Think It Does
By Eliza Thompson  Jun 16, 2017
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/movies/a10034829/lucia-aniello-rough-night-interview/

How did you cast Colton Haynes as the real stripper?
We have a friend, Echo Kellum, who is on Arrow with Colton. Because we love Echo we watch his show, and so we knew of Colton from that show, and we were just like, "What about Colton for that part?" He is so funny in this movie. He absolutely slays. We didn’t even have to read him because we just knew he was perfect for it. We just offered it to him, and he was like, "What, me?" and we were like, "Yeah, you!" He’s a dream and a half. He is the sweetest, best boy. So is Ryan Cooper, who plays the dead guy. He’s also the sweetest. Everybody’s a ray of damn sunshine on this fucking movie. I can’t wait to work with all of them again!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

Sounds like Rough Night is having a rough start at the box office...

‘Cars 3’ Now Traveling At $51M+; How ‘All Eyez On Me’ Is Amazing With $33M+ – Late Night Update
by Anthony D'Alessandro  June 17, 2017 12:16am
http://deadline.com/2017/06/cars-3-all-eyez-on-me-tupac-shakur-rough-night-scarlett-johansson-mandy-moore-47-meters-below-1202114764/

Meanwhile, in a reversal of fortune between a major studio and an indie, Sony’s R-rated Scarlett Johansson comedy ensemble Rough Night has been pulled underwater by Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios’ Mandy Moore shark thriller 47 Meters Down, $8.9M to $10.6M. Who would have thought? Audiences loathe both titles giving 47 Meters Down a C CinemaScore, and Rough Night a C+. PostTrak isn’t any better with both movies respectively landing notorious 55% and 66% positive scores.
It would seem that the confluence of Scarlett Johansson, SNL star Kate McKinnon, and a script by Broad City EPs Lucia Aniello and Paul W. Downs for a $20M budgeted R-rated comedy would be the quintessential greenlight for any major studio. That’s quite a deal and Sony believed there was potential in Aniello and Downs’ script; that’s why they won it out in a bidding war two years ago.

So, why then is Rough Night having it so tough?

RelishMix’s observation of the negative social chatter: “Moviegoers are confused by the comedy element of actually killing a man – ‘where’s the joke?’, they ask.” No kidding, because many blame Rough Night‘s black comedy set-up of stripper killing as its primary hurdle in hooking more audiences. Not to mention, the whole party hardy movie comedy subgenre has overstayed its welcome at the B.O. in the wake of The Hangover with Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising  ($55.4M) and Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates ($46M domestic) both tanking last year. Rough Night‘s 53% Rotten Tomatoes score isn’t unfair: The movie is bogged down in cliche, has a manatee’s comedic pace, and feels like an also-ran hybrid of Bridesmaids meets Weekend at Bernie’s. Rough Night will not leg out because it’s nothing special that female audiences haven’t seen before. Despite the low production cost of $20M, many estimate the pic’s P&A at $35M, and this start doesn’t spell for a breakeven situation down the road. In regards to Johansson’s overseas star power rescuing Rough Night abroad, that’s not definite. As a comedy, Rough Night needs to work in the U.S./Canada first and foremost since the genre at best can only be counted on for 50% of its domestic haul at the overseas box office. Rough Night is also hurt by the fact that Wonder Woman continues to remain the prevailing choice among females. Rough Night is also losing some younger females to 47 Meters Down. Both titles are pulling in close to a third of all women under 25, though Rough Night has more older females (38%) than 47 Meters Down (23%).
For the weekend of June 16-18 per industry estimates on Friday night:

1.). Cars 3 (DIS), 4.256 theaters / $19.1M Fri. (includes $2.8M previews) /3-day cume: $51.5M/Wk 1

2.). Wonder Woman  (WB), 4,018 theaters (-147)/ $10.6M Fri./3-day cume: $37.5M (-36%)/Total:$271.3 M/ Wk 3

3.). All Eyez On Me (LG), 2,471 theaters / $13M Fri. (includes $3.1M) /3-day cume: $33.5M/Wk 1

4.). The Mummy (Uni), 4.034 theaters (-1) / $3.8M Fri. (-68%) /3-day cume: $13.2M (-58%)/Total: $55.8M/Wk 2

5.). 47 Meters Down (ENT), 2,270 theaters / $4.2M Fri. (includes $735k) /3-day cume: $10.6M/Wk 1

6.). Rough Night (SONY), 3,162 theaters / $3.4M Fri. (includes $700k) /3-day cume: $8.9M/Wk 1

7.). Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales  (DIS), 2,759 theaters (-920)/ $2.1M Fri. (-30%)/3-day cume: $7.6M (-29%)/Total:$149.2M/ Wk 4

8.). Captain Underpants  (DWA/20TH), 2,968 theaters (-561)/ $2.1M Fri. (-40%) /3-day cume: $7.3M (-40%)/Total: $57.9M/Wk 3

9.). Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2  (DIS), 1,813 theaters (-1,098) / $1.2M Fri.  (-27%)/3-day cume: $4.8M (-23%)/Total:$374.7m/ Wk 7

10.). Megan Leavey (BST), 1,832 theaters (-124)  / $673K Fri (-46%)  /3-day cume: $2.4M (-36%) /Total:$8.3M/ Total: Wk 2

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Ooooh. 9 million opening is not good but not terrible either. It might break even but maybe not bank a lot until dvd and streaming comes in to play *shrug*

Edited by LeighAn
(edited)

With a $20 million production budget it'll probably break even but, won't be a hit. I wonder why they went for a June release? Probably would have done better in August if they wanted a summer movie. 

Edited by Morrigan2575

She's not a star, but I still have a soft spot for Anna Hopkins (Samantha) from her role as Berlin in Defiance.  Her deconstruction of Nolan in the second episode of the second season was just kind of epic.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, johntfs said:

She's not a star, but I still have a soft spot for Anna Hopkins (Samantha) from her role as Berlin in Defiance.  Her deconstruction of Nolan in the second episode of the second season was just kind of epic.

Yeah, Berlin was great.  Which makes how much I don't like Samantha all the worse.  

51 minutes ago, johntfs said:

Now I kind of want them to bring in Stahma and Datak to run wild through the WB DCU.

Well, at least Sara would get a good time out of it.  ;)

5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Well I wouldn't recommend actually trusting her.  :D

You can trust Stahma to act in her own interests.  As long as you living is congruent with those interests, you're perfectly safe.  From her.

• Love 1
(edited)

American Horror Story Season 7 Adds Arrow’s Colton Haynes
By Ana Dumaraog  June 20, 2017
http://screenrant.com/american-horror-story-season-7-colton-haynes-cast/

American Horror Story taps Colton Haynes as one of its newest cast members for the upcoming seventh season of the hit franchise. The actor has had a slew of TV credits under his name including notable roles in The CW’s Arrow, as well as, MTV’s Teen Wolf. He also appeared in the recently released Scarlett Johansson dark comedy film, Rough Night.
The casting announcement came straight from Murphy as the TV producer posted a photo of a bloodied head shot of Haynes on his official Instagram account. “Welcome to American Horror Story, Colton Haynes,” he wrote. Fans quickly flocked to the post with various welcoming greetings for Haynes, expressing their excitement about what is in store for him and his secret character in American Horror Story 7.
This is not the first time that Haynes will be working with Murphy. The two previously collaborated on the Fox comedy horror series, Scream Queens, which unfortunately was canceled after just two seasons.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The casting announcement came straight from Murphy as the TV producer posted a photo of a bloodied head shot of Haynes on his official Instagram account. “Welcome to American Horror Story, Colton Haynes,” 

Ha!  I saw the picture on Instagram and thought it was left over from that photoshoot he and EBR did where his face was covered in bright red lipstick.  Oops!

Stephen And Robbie Amell’s Code 8 Adds X-Men Apocalypse’s Vlad Alexis
Posted by Dan Wickline June 21, 2017
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/21/stephen-and-robbie-amells-code-8-adds-x-men-apocalypses-vlad-alexis/

Vlad Alexis is a relative newcomer to the entertainment industry. He appeared in the film Stonewall as Cong, had roles on two TV series, Trauma and Saving Hope and played the uncredited role of Salesperson in X-Men Apocalypse. But the young actor is now getting a chance to work with cousins Stephen Amell (Arrow) and Robbie Amell (X-Files) on the sci-fi thriller Code 8.

Hmm - this is a tough one. Which would you prefer? Madison McLaughlin to stay on Arrow or go to the Supernatural spinoff? ...

Was Orphan Black Off Its Clone Game? Another Wayward Sis for Supernatural? Twin Peaks Hint Pays Off? And More Qs
By Vlada Gelman, Michael Ausiello, Matt Webb Mitovich, Kimberly Roots, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz, Ryan Schwartz, Rebecca Iannucci and Charlie Mason / June 23 2017, 10:01 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2017/06/23/supernatural-spinoff-krissy-madison-mclaughlin-wayward-sisters-tv-questions-answers/

10 | Supernatural fans, wouldn’t it make sense for the potential spinoff Wayward Sisters to also include young hunter Krissy (played by Madison McLaughlin, aka Arrow‘s probably dead Artemis)?

(edited)

Here's JB's team on Battle of the Network Stars  (I don't think his episode will air for several more weeks, I watched this show's debut episode last night and it was kinda boring) - Vinnie Jones is also on this show as part of Team "Sci-Fi Fantasy"...

Team “Troublemaker”: Julie Benz, John Barrowman, Vivica A. Fox, Catherine Bach, Paul Johansson
BONS-John-Barrowman-Catherine-Bach.jpg

June 29, 2017 – TV Sitcoms vs. TV Kids
Bronson Pinchot, Tom Arnold, Dave Coulier, AJ Michalka, and Tracey Gold versus Joey Lawrence, Corbin Bleu, Nolan Gould, Lisa Welchel, and Kim Fields

July 6, 2017 – Variety vs. TV Sex Symbols
Joanna Krupa, Nick Lachey, Vanessa Lachey, Gilles Marini, and Jack Osbourne versus Keegan Allen, Traci Bingham, Rosa Blasi, Brant Daugherty, and Galen Gering

July 13, 2017 – White House vs. Lawyers
Cornelius Smith, Jr., Marlee Matlin, Joshua Malina, LaMonica Garrett, and Mary McCormack versus Elisabeth Rohm, Corbin Bernsen, Matt McGorry, Romi Dias, and Catherine Bell
[Air Date TBA -] Primetime Soaps vs. ABC Stars
Ian Ziering, Josh Henderson, Gabrielle Carteris, Donna Mills, and Mischa Barton versus Olivia d’Abo, Shari Belafonte, Michael Fishman, Jason Hervey, and Anson Williams

[Air Date TBA -] Cops vs. TV Sitcoms
Erik Estrada, Larry Wilcox, Kelly Hu, Jodi Lyn O’Keefe, and Lorenzo Lamas versus Todd Bridges, Leigh-Allyn Baker, Dave Foley, Willie Garson, and Jenna von Oÿ

[Air Date TBA -] TV Moms & Dads vs. TV Kids
Chad Lowe, Greg Evigan, Ted McGinley, Lesley Fera, and Jackée Harry versus Jimmie Walker, Mackenzie Phillips, Jonathan Lipnicki, Krista Marie Yu, and Jeremy Miller

[Air Date TBA -] Famous TV Families vs. Doctors
Danny Bonaduce, Barry Williams, Beverly Mitchell, Willie Aames, and Charlene Tilton versus Thomas Calabro, Taye Diggs, Rachelle Lefevre, Deidre Hall, and Benjamin Hollingsworth

[Air Date TBA -] Troublemakers vs. TV Lifeguards
Vivica A. Fox, Paul Johansson, John Barrowman, Julie Benz, and Catherine Bach versus David Chokachi, Brande Roderick, Parker Stevenson, Nicole Eggert, and Gena Lee Nolin

[Air Date TBA -] ABC Stars vs. Variety
Ted Lange, Troy Gentile, Jill Whelan, Denise Richards, and Joely Fisher versus Lance Bass, Joey Fatone, Adrienne Bailon Houghton, Cameron Mathison, and Kelly Osbourne

[Air Date TBA -] Cops vs. Sci-Fi Fantasy
Marisol Nichols, Roma Maffia, Adrian Zmed, Fred Dryer, and Ryan Paevey versus Lou Ferrigno, Vinnie Jones, Charisma Carpenter, Kevin Sorbo, and Jill Wagner

http://www.inquisitr.com/4332960/50-soap-stars-on-battle-of-the-network-stars-whos-repping-daytime-nighttime-drama/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2