Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Trini said:

*sadface* Candice Patton was originally scheduled for that date. I hope that they can reschedule her soon.

All the episodes have been filmed (I believe) so they may just air her episode a different week? 

• Love 1

The second episode is usually a repeat.  The listing on my dvr still has Candace's ep listed for the 14th.  If it was just changed, it might not have cycled through yet or the listing above could just have the wrong date.  I think someone mentioned they still have a couple of eps to go in the season.

eta: Per below link, I guess the dvr guide just hasn't updated yet.  Not the first time they moved things around, I'm sure Candace's ep will pop up eventually.

Edited by JenMD

Scoop: WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? on THE CW - Wednesday, September 14, 2016
http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Scoop-WHOSE-LINE-IS-IT-ANYWAY-on-THE-CW-Wednesday-September-14-2016-20160902

"Emily Bett Rickards" - (9:00-9:30 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV) A COMEDY BULLSEYE - WITH GUEST STAR APPEARANCE BY EMILY BETT-RICKARDS ("ARROW") - Hosted by comedian Aisha Tyler, cast members Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie, along with guest comedian Gary Anthony Williams, put their comedic skills to the test through a series of spontaneous improv games that are prompted only by random ideas supplied by the studio audience.

The four performers must use the little information they have and their wild imaginations to depict different characters and an array of scenes, as well as perform songs. After each round of improvisation, Aisha will dole out points to our four performers and declare a winner at the end of every episode. Directed by Geraldine Dowd (416). Original airdate 9/14/2016.

Edited by tv echo

Binged s1 of The Affair with Colin Donnell. Boy does that man look good in leather jacket. He also plays the most charming cads.

It was really good. I liked the slowly developing mystery as well as showing events from the male/female perspective. It was interesting. Not sure I see a lot of longevity in the show, unless they change the entire cast but its an intriguing premise.

She was IMO better during the duet part than most guests.  Really responsive to what they were doing and saying.  I think she may be the first one I can remember not just standing there, laughing and looking embarrassed the majority of the time. 

She looked really comfortable being there.  The human prop section was funny but I  was sad that she didn't get a chance to do much actual improve acting.  Kind of loved at the very end with the credits when Ryan shot her with the arrow and she dropped dead, lol. 

15 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yup, just a couple weeks ago but prison was overcrowded so he was only there for a part of his four day sentence. 

Wow, didn't know something like that happens (i mean reduced sentence caused by overpopulation).

Yet another GB show...

ABC Buys Twisted Soap ‘The Marquis’ Produced By Greg Berlanti & Julie Plec
by Nellie Andreeva •  September 20, 2016 4:31pm
http://deadline.com/2016/09/abc-developing-character-soap-the-marquis-greg-berlanti-julie-plec-1201823624/

ABC has put in development The Marquis, an hourlong drama project executive produced by Greg Berlanti (The Flash, Supergirl), Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries) and Sarah Schechter. Warner Bros. TV is the studio.
Written and executive produced by Quantico executive producer/writer Jake Coburn, The Marquis is described as a sexy and twisted character soap set in the most iconic and exclusive building in Manhattan.

Not sure if people mentioned it back in previous pages... but I just saw a preview for the new Anna Kendrick/Ben Affleck movie "The Accountant" and Cynthia Addai-Robinson is in it acting opposite of JK Simmons. Good for her. :)

I hope the movie does well... I will miss her on Arrow, she lit up every scene she was in.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Kobold said:

The Marquis sounds right up MG's alley. So Greg should send MG and WM over there and get someone new to straighten out the mess that is Arrow. Yeah, too late, I know.

With her background on Desperate Houswives I could see why Wendy might be a good fit, but don't get the Guggenheim fit.  He's always been clearly in the superhero world.

The Marquis sounds right up MG's alley. So Greg should send MG and WM over there and get someone new to straighten out the mess that is Arrow. Yeah, too late, I know.

Because Berlanti didnt use Arrow to launch his favorite pet, the Flash? Berlanti is just the overall guy,  he already has Schechter attached to the project.  I just find it funny people think Arrow would be any different than it is. Unless of course you are talking of making Bamford the shaky hands in charge of Arrow.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

With her background on Desperate Houswives I could see why Wendy might be a good fit, but don't get the Guggenheim fit.  He's always been clearly in the superhero world.

Because MG and WM are responsible for turning Arrow from a superhero show into Felicity and Friends a soap opera. /sarcasm

Edited by lemotomato
20 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

but don't get the Guggenheim fit.  He's always been clearly in the superhero world.

he's had producing and writing involvement with non-superhero shows. Maybe he thinks his forte is superhero stuff, afterall there is his No Ordinary Family success and his Green Lantern success. And now the high quality S3 and S4 Arrow we got with him as showrunner. Guy should never be a showrunner that's for sure. But hey, GB gave him Arrow, so it's his and Wendy's to mess up as they please *shrug*

Unless of course you are talking of making Bamford the shaky hands in charge of Arrow.

Nope don't see where I said anything about Bamford. I'm not one of those who's preoccupied with Bamford. Just MG mostly.

Because MG and WM are responsible for turning Arrow from a superhero show into Felicity and Friends a soap opera. /sarcasm

Yes. /serious

4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I mean Arrow was in MGs hands when AK and Berlanti started developing the Flash in the middle of s2? But i guess you would be more satisfied if Beth Schwarz and Speed Weed replaced Wendy and Marc?

Sorry. Not sure what gave you the impression I would be satisfied with specifically Beth S. and Speed?

15 minutes ago, Kobold said:

he's had producing and writing involvement with non-superhero shows. Maybe he thinks his forte is superhero stuff, afterall there is his No Ordinary Family success and his Green Lantern success. And now the high quality S3 and S4 Arrow we got with him as showrunner. Guy should never be a showrunner that's for sure. But hey, GB gave him Arrow, so it's his and Wendy's to mess up as they please *shrug*

Nope don't see where I said anything about Bamford. I'm not one of those who's preoccupied with Bamford. Just MG mostly.

Yes. /serious

Sister-swapping, two best friends in love with the same woman, accidentally sleeping with your father's former mistress, pining over your dead brother's wife, finding out your nemesis is the father of your sister, seeking revenge because the woman you were in love with loved your protégé and got killed because of him, and knocking up a girl and being told she miscarried because your mother paid her off-- happened in which seasons now? 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 21

As long as the people making money off the show are calling the shots, we'd probably wind up with pretty much the same show regardless of who was running it. Maybe better-executed useless drama, but useless drama just the same. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Sister-swapping, two best friends in love with the same woman, accidentally sleeping with your father's former mistress, pining over your dead brother's wife, finding out your nemesis is the father of your sister, seeking revenge because the woman you were in love with loved your protégé and got killed because of him, and knocking up a girl and being told she miscarried because your mother paid her off-- happened in which seasons now? 

The events you mention happened in S1 and S2. And boy did it just keep getting worse when MG took over in S3, and continued right on into the ditch in S4 when they no longer even cared about making good villain stories that made sense or good fight choreography. Not to mention the flashback problems. At least they know they need to get back to focusing on Oliver's mission for the city and to fix the fights. But yeah, I'd rather they just bring in a totally new showrunner since MG on his own couldn't even balance the soap elements with the crime/fighting/villains.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Kobold said:

The events you mention happened in S1 and S2. And boy did it just keep getting worse when MG took over in S3, and continued right on into the ditch in S4 when they no longer even cared about making good villain stories that made sense or good fight choreography. Not to mention the flashback problems. At least they know they need to get back to focusing on Oliver's mission for the city and to fix the fights. But yeah, I'd rather they just bring in a totally new showrunner since MG on his own couldn't even balance the soap elements with the crime/fighting/villains.

My point was that seasons 1-2 had way more soap elements than 3-4, which mainly consisted of people coming back from the dead, the typical will-they-won't-they between the main couple, and the baby mama storyline. And what do MG and WM, who are writers and producers, have to do with the quality of stunts and fight coordination? 

• Love 10

I don't think the soap drama got worse, just that after a few years you are less willing to put up with it. If I think of some stuff that happened in season 1 I'm impressed with myself I managed to watch it all. Well I played candy crush during most scenes of that terribly boring love triangle but still..LOL

• Love 3

There are at least 2 pretty powerful dudes* and 4 billionaire conglomerates telling Berlanti to keep up the serialized soapy melodrama on Arrow, because everywhere else on TV right now it's serialized soapy melodrama time.

* Look at them, aren't they having a ball:

457482850.jpg

• Love 12

I just aught Summer Glau in a Grey's Anatomy rerun while channel surfing. It was only a year or two before her Arrow run, but she looks so much more fresh faced. I guess medical personnel manages to get more sleep than scheming villains.