Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Jack tells Phyllis that Mikey probably getting disbarred is not her fault.  But it actually is.

The judge says the trial can proceed.  Prick says he will prove he is no fool.  Phyllis tries to convince Cricket to protect Mikey, but she has not forgotten that Phyllis got away with attempted murder by rental car.  Cricket thinks Prick has a chance now to get off.  I guess she thinks Prick is more persuasive than an actual lawyer. 

WHAT THE FUCK DOES PHYLLIS FAILING TO KILL COCKROACH HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? So this bug bitch isn't going to try and help her alleged friend because Phyllis got away with failing to kill her? There's zero proof that Michael did anything wrong. The only thing the bar association would have to go on is the word of someone on trial for multiple felonies and some random animal who lies and changes sides on a daily basis. 

• Love 10

That episode was unwatchable. It was stuff EB harps on about all the time. Why should Victor pay when no one does? And so he got to call out anyone and everything that had nothing to do with his crimes. This must have been the only way EB agreed to play Victor being convicted (which he will be; then the brain tumour...) So basically the writers are giving him what he wants to the point where I believe he wrote the script. And everyone had to sit there and take it. Jack wasn't allowed to respond when Victor asks him if he and Phyllis conspiring to tank Victor's case is worse than what was done to Jack. Nikki has to admit Victor saved her stripper ass and supported her drunkenness. Abby apologizes for voting him out (or something I FFd and only saw "sorry daddy".) Summer says he's the smartest ever and maybe he loves his family too much. And he got the orphan speech at the end. (I FFd much of this and everything else.) Unfuckingbelievable

Edited by miamama
  • Love 11

That episode was unwatchable. It was stuff EB harps on about all the time. Why should Victor pay when no one does? And so he got to call out anyone and everything that had nothing to do with his crimes. This must have been the only way EB agreed to play Victor being convicted (which he will be; then the brain tumour...) So basically the writers are giving him what he wants to the point where I believe he wrote the script. And everyone had to sit there and take it. Jack wasn't allowed to respond when Victor asks him if he and Phyllis conspiring to tank Victor's case is worse than what was done to Jack. Nikki has to admit Victor saved her stripper ass and supported her drunkenness. Abby apologizes for voting him out (or something I FFd and only saw "sorry daddy".) Summer says he's the smartest ever and maybe he loves his family too much. And he got the orphan speech at the end. (I FFd much of this and everything else.) Unfuckingbelievable

I think the Abby thing was Pricktor pointing out that no one else supported her when he made her COO or something and only he believed in her, and so she apologized for turning against him.  Blech.

• Love 4

I marathoned 4 episodes in a row. Sober. And by the final one, I was desperately longing for a drink.

The whole courtroom scene was a joke. Victor was bringing up all sorts of pointless crap like Matt Clark, and making Abby COO, that had absolutely nothing to do with his actual crime of hiring a doppelganger to take Jack's place. WTF?!

And everyone just continued to let him ramble on. And on. And on.

What does him supporting Nikki and her drinking have to do with Marco Anacelli? Of Phyllis being raped? Repeatedly. For months.

And then, just when I'm envisioning bottles of wine in my head, he brings out the orphan card. And not only did I snort aloud, and roll my eyes, but I wanted nothing more than to slit my wrists.

Enough with the little orphan boy card. If you're that messed up from your childhood, go to therapy. Find closure. Learn to be a normal human being with normal human reactions. Gah. So mad. And I still have no wine.

Edited by jewel21
  • Love 13

I straight up have to see this episode on Monday in the States.  I've got a decent tolerance for schlock, but this...this just reads as so mindblowingly bad and misguided that the phrase worst thing ever actually came to mind.

• Love 9

2zxupgg.jpg

"You and I have each other. That's all we have. Don't ever forget that."

Excuse me while I vomit in my mouth.

ohisch.jpg

"You and I fought each other, challenged each other, bullied each other. I dare say, it has made you a stronger better person!"

"This scheme that You and Your Wife Phyllis and my Lawyer Michael Baldwin concocted, was that any more or less nefarious that the tactics you accuse me of?

"Don't you think you Jack Abbott and I Victor Newman are somewhat alike?"

21cgsr7.jpg

"You're the Best Person to Lead the Company! Because You Care! You care about the Business and about Us. Maybe too much sometimes."

"You were the person who made her [Phyllis] well again. You were the person who paid all the bills. Even when everyone else said it couldn't be done!"

2co61p4.jpg

"I'm sorry! They made me do it! I'm sorry!"

Victor grants her forgiveness because she's carrying his grandchild.

2h4mcqt.jpg

"It's common knowledge you turned to the Bottle. You were in the depths of addiction and depression. I can smell Vodka on your breath right now!"

Victor also points out that Nikki was a Stripper before he pulled her ass out of the gutter and gave her a wonderful life.

In addition, Nick is ungrateful and resents Victor for always helping and protecting his family even though he generously provided for them over the years and built this huge company from the ground up and saved ungrateful Nick from Matt Clark 20 years ago!

Victor is deeply saddened by his ungrateful daughter Victoria whom he loves because she is family. And Victor saved ungrateful Adam from life in prison after he was convicted of multiple felonies because he has no integrity and blood is thicker than water.

In sum, Victor's family and company were attacked by the destructive computer virus Paragon and Victor had to fight that damn virus and maybe stepped on a few toes in the process.

You see, Victor is an orphan who was abandoned by his destitute deadbeat mother at the age of 7 and grew up in a depressing orphanage with no family and had to fight to survive. He built his company from the ground up and created a family. He'll do anything to protect his family. If he breaks the law, it's only out of deep love for his family!

Got it?

• Love 16

Holy Shite!  I already ranted about Friday's (US) trial.  I can't believe they let Victurd be his own lawyer!  And then he drags out everybody's bads as a quid pro quo to exonerate him. JFC on a chocolate rabbit.  Is the Judge awake/alive/in the courtroom?  I think it is Pratt who has the brain tumor.  NOT going to watch anymore. Jerryspringer TV makes more sense.  And I don't watch that, either.  Jewel21, I feel your pain-I have no wine, either.

• Love 9

Holy Shite!  I already ranted about Friday's (US) trial.  I can't believe they let Victurd be his own lawyer!  And then he drags out everybody's bads as a quid pro quo to exonerate him. JFC on a chocolate rabbit.  Is the Judge awake/alive/in the courtroom?  I think it is Pratt who has the brain tumor.  NOT going to watch anymore. Jerryspringer TV makes more sense.  And I don't watch that, either.  Jewel21, I feel your pain-I have no wine, either.

There is, if you're Canadian, not enough Chateau Wayne Gretzky to drown that episode. And yes, it was one of the worst episodes ever. [Rhetorical Question coming up] Who decided that allowing Victor an episode-long aria of self-laudatory shit was a good idea?

And the insta-turnaround from the fambly? Spare me.

I shall not, as previously promised, type the name of Sourpuss McStupid--she is now beyond all bounds of godknowswhat. The character is supposed to show us what? What is the silly bim there for?

I'll still watch because I'm down to two US network soaps, and one CBC British soap...

• Love 10

MollyB and Jewel21 and all the Preverts are welcome to come to my house, I just opened a box of Wisconsin's finest Pinot Fromage.  It has overtones of prosecutorial misconduct, police incompetence and a nice bouquet that is reminiscent of Silverback Gorilla.  Salud!

• Love 12

Friday's show was one of the worst episodes EVER!  I watched a couple of minutes of the beginning with Victor speaking to the courtroom, FF to hammering Nikki, FF to more of the same just a different person, repeat, FF, repeat, wow suddenly we are at the end?!  Missed nothing!  Thank God for this board....seriously someone very important wants that daytime 4:30 spot on CBS it seems to be trying so hard to cancel the show.

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 7

You'll notice that as Victor shared his good deeds and told Jack that he is a better man for their battles and for being tortured etc. there was no mention--has been no mention--of Victor shooting Jack in the chest.

Totally dropped.

• Love 9

ratings are dropping and yet cast and crew continue to give kudos to chuck for the great writing for them..

hopefully, they are just kissing his ass cause they don't want to lose their jobs and don't actually mean it.

well, except for eb, i'm sure he loves how they are writing him..

• Love 9

And I hate that new writers don't remember old writing!!  Case in point: Nikki had fallen off a horse which led to huge back pain and pills and then booze which cured her pain temporarily and that is why she became an alcoholic!

Not to mention that the only reason Victor sought help to get Phyllis out of her coma was because Phyllis was the one person who knew Sharon's secret which Victor was desperate to know, in his continued attempts to destroy Sharon.

I also binge watched three epis but did not watch this last show where Victor is representing himself. Just reading the comments was punishment enough. I did wonder in the previous three shows why Victor was wearing prison orange as criminals tend to wear street clothes, so as to show the jury that he/she is just like them. And it isn't like Victor looks good in orange (other than he does look good in jail in orange but that is just my personal preference). Then of course it hit me - Victor had to wear orange when Michael was representing him so that he could then wear a suit when he fired Michael to represent himself. Because we viewers are just too stupid to know the difference without visual cues. Got it.

• Love 8

peacheslatour quote

MollyB and Jewel21 and all the Preverts are welcome to come to my house, I just opened a box of Wisconsin's finest Pinot Fromage.  It has overtones of prosecutorial misconduct, police incompetence and a nice bouquet that is reminiscent of Silverback Gorilla.  Salud!

Thanks! On my way over I'll pick up some stinky cheese that pairs nicely with this show.

usernamefatigue quote

I did wonder in the previous three shows why Victor was wearing prison orange as criminals tend to wear street clothes, so as to show the jury that he/she is just like them.

In Friday's US show, Michael pleaded with Turd to change into the nice suit he had brought.  Victor refused, I guess just because he won't agree with his attorney on anything.

Has Turd been in jail all this time?  I would have thought such a pillar of the community, with such close ties to it [fambly] would have gotten bail.

• Love 3

Drinki is worried that Prick will go free and will seek retribution against his family.  Vic is worried that he doesn’t love her.

The judge lays the groundwork  for the jury to consider mitigating circumstances, if they him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Cricket blames Phyllis, Jack and Billy for ruining the trial, and Phyllis blames her for doing a poor job.

Sage, Faith, Shawn baby blah blah blah.  There’s a weird moment where Dick tries wiping paint off of Shawn’s face and she looks kind of into him.  Later they have another touching moment.  Rut roh.

The Newmans debrief on the trial and the shock of Mikey working against Prick.  Dummer defends Puka.  Dummer and Abby are now teamed up pro Prick and anti Mikey.  Drinki defends Mikey.  Adam thinks Prick is going to jail.

Phyllis and Jack have a big fight.  She’s defending her actions re Mikey.  He calls her out on her obsession re Pricktor.

Vic goes to Prick.  She wants to know what he will do if he is released.  Wow, she has no pride whatsoever.  Prick says if she supports him for reinstatement to Newman, things will go back to normal.  She says, you mean lies, deception, callous decisions?  He says he will run the business as he sees fit. She says she wants no part of that.  He says she will be disowned and removed from the premises, and she should pass that along to Drinki and Dick.  He says he will never get over the betrayal.  Then he gets all weepy and says he will never stop loving her, but this is business. 

Vic goes to meet with Drinki and Noah at TOT.  She lashes out at Drinki for taking a drink, suggesting it was like Drinki was trying to help him.  Victoria is such an idiot.   And a bitch.  Noah and Marissa walk Drinki out but she goes to the GCAC bar for a cocktail instead.

Adam/Chelz blah blah.   She's still worried that he wants to run Newman but he says no.

Phyllis is at Billy’s blue-gray house when he gets home.  She is drinking wine and rambling on about Prick.  Billy tells her she should be with Jack, and she agrees but says she is here, why do you think that is?

ack meets up with Vic at the Top of the Tower.  He gives her a pep talk, and then he apologizes for Phyllis!  He blames Phyllis for Billy throwing in with her.  Vic doesn’t blame Phyllis. They talk about Billy.  Jack defends him, and wants Vic to give him a chance.  Vic tells Jack that if Prick goes to jail she wants to take over Newman and end the feud with the Abbotts.  He tells Vic to go tell Billy.  Rut roh.  Will she walk in on them in flagrante?

Billy tells Phyllis she needs to get over it for her family.  We even got a Lucy shout out.  Billy is hugging Phyllis when Vic walks in.  Meanwhile Jack is trying to talk Drinki out of drinking.  She says she is afraid.

Previews:  Vic telling Jack she found Phyllis at Billy's place, and he says, do you think they are up to something?  Everyone back at court in the same clothes so the jury came to a quick decision--which should mean guilty but this is bizarro world.

• Love 13

Thanks, Bannana!

They can't even come up with a new fight for Phack?

What is the purpose of another lame "walk in" by Victoria on the cheaters? This is what I'm thinking: She's planted a bug in Jack's ear about the two of them. He of course assumes they are conspiring about a new plot and will follow Phyllis to the destroyed mansion in the not too distant future (please god let it be in the not too distant future) to save them from their stupid selves and he will walk in on them having sex.

Vicki has had three (?) moments of catching them doing something weird. So it'll be Jack who sees the ugly.

sigh.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 10

There’s a weird moment where Dick tries wiping paint off of Shawn’s face and she looks kind of into him.  Later they have another touching moment.  Rut roh.

It's a well known fact in the ape world that Bonobo's will fuck anything- furniture, lighthouses, artichokes...

• Love 10

Today's CDN has Jack telling Phyllis that she is being destructive. She of course runs to Billy's ugly house to drink and they proceed to bond some more. Meanwhile Victoria lashes out at Nikki for drinking and then has a heart to heart with Jack. He tells Victoria that Phyllis is the reason Billy has being set on revenge but Victoria shuts it down and says he is a grown ass man. Jack tells her to talk to Billy and she goes. Of course she arrives to see Billy holding a crying Phyllis tightly after she had a mini breakdown about needing Victor to pay. 

Previews: Victoria tells Jack about seeing Phyllis and Billy. He asks if she suspects anything there.

I think Victoria suspects more is going on but she hardly surprised. This is typical behavior for Billy. Jack is in some denial and will get a reality check when he walks in on the banging in that ugly house. And it is even uglier all decorated. 

• Love 2
Of course she arrives to see Billy holding a crying Phyllis tightly after she had a mini breakdown about needing Victor to pay.

Do they see Victoria? Or does she leave without them knowing? Because if they don't know she sees them, they'll be careless in future -- hence the setup for Jack to walk in.

I love these mansions/penthouses etc. with no locks. lol.

• Love 4

I love these mansions/penthouses etc. with no locks. lol.

...no gates, no dogs, no cameras, no security, no alarms... I'll give MAB this, at least at the Ranch, they had Security.  What do they have now?  Nothing, that's what. This show is all about nothing. And not in a good, Seinfeld kind of way.

• Love 7

I played Pet Rescue Saga and went on fb while this episode aired so I barely looked up. The one time I did, it was when Billy walked into Katherine's (it will never be his, damn it!) and found Phyllis there. And all I could think was, "Damn, did he paint the whole mansion that same shade of ugly grey?"

No, seriously. Did he?

I liked the scene between Jack and Vicky but that was it.

The whole Sage/Shawn/Nick thing is annoying me. And Faith has to stop with all her annoying and inappropriate questions and suggestions. Why isn't she with Sharon playing with her baby brother? Has SullyCan already lost his appeal? Children can be so fickle.

• Love 5

faith is only 7/8 yrs old, and it's what kids do all the time..they ask inappropriate questions..

they are not deaf, dumb or stupid..(put it this way, she isn't dummer)..

you may not think they are listening, but in fact they are.

i think the ones with estates should have doberman's like palmer courtland used to.  he often threatened to let the dogs loose..

• Love 5

Adam was really the stable and "head of the family" one when he scolded them for all their in-fighting in public. 

Nick's so not apart of this baby's life, he's like a non-entity. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Victor was found GUILTY and sentenced to 10 years. The jury was unanimous. Victor tells his family that they are dead to him. What an asshole!

Take it away banana! I can't say anymore because I almost barfed listening to the old bastard.

• Love 9

Vic walks in on Billy comforting (hugging) Phyllis and wants to know what is going on between them.  They basically say that they are both revenge addicts and that is why Phyllis is always confiding in Billy.  Phyllis leaves and Villy talk about the house—Vic actually says, I like what you have done with the house, and something about using the gray that she loves.  Blech.  Then she gives him her engagement ring and says it is a housewarming gift.  Ouch.

Mikey is dealing with the fallout of throwing the trial.  He’s all over the news.  He’s being disbarred.  But Lauren and Mikey both don’t regret what he did.  Mikey says his fatal flaw was underestimating Pricktor. 

Adam/Chelz blah blah same conversation re going to back to Newman. 

Prick is hanging out at court with his two cheerleaders:  Dummer and Blabby.  It was kind of creepy.  Prick is feeling sorry for himself and his company.

Drinki is in the bar beating herself up for turning her back on Prick.  Sigh.  Jack and Dick are there trying to help her.  They head to the court for the verdict.  Victoria apologizes to Drinki for being a complete bitch and useless daughter.

Adam says he wants to sit with Jack, but Dick actually says they will save him a seat!  WTF?   Phyllis shows up with Billy, but he doesn’t stay for the verdict.  She and Jack go into the courtroom together.

Prick is GUILTY!  Oh noooo!  Phyllis is elated.  Dummer is not.  Dick says it’s what they wanted, but Drinki says, is it?

Prick says he doesn’t want mercy, because mercy is for the weak.  He says he is guilty, guilty of loving those who betrayed him and testified against him.  More Prick rambling about trusting and loving his family too much, and then Drinki, Dick, Vic and Adam have fond memory flashbacks of them with Prick.  Awww…..

The judge says that Prick’s love for his family is admirable, but his LOVE WAS NOT ON TRIAL, HIS ACTIONS WERE!   Hah!  And he sentences him to 10 years in state prison.   Prick is cuffed, and he turns and says to Phyllis, are you satisfied now, and she grins, it’s a start.  Then Cricket goes off on Phyllis because of her meddling in the trial and what this will mean to Mikey.  Phyllis goes to find Mikey.  Jack confers with Vic about Drinki.  Vic tells Jack about Billy and Phyllis being together and that she got a strange vibe, maybe not business related.  Phyllis shows up at the GCAC and tells Mikey that she will help him.  Lauren goes off on Phyllis for what she did, which is weird cause earlier she told Mikey she supported his decision.  Phyllis tells them about the guilty verdict.  Mikey is questioning what his future will be.

All the Newmans feel really bad about all the things they said against Prick, and they tell him so (except for Adam); they love him, and will keep his words in their hearts and keep the family together.  Too little, too late. Prick says: I don’t have a family anymore, you are all dead to me.

Jack goes to Grey Gardens and confronts Billy about what is going on between him and Phyllis.  Billy says Vic is not happy about Passkey, and Jack says Vic made it sound like it had nothing to do with business.  Phyllis walks in and says, cause it didn't.

Previews:  Swiss Miss hugs Kevin while Mariah looks on annoyed (MARIAH!); Sharon calls Dick to tell him Shawn is in labour at the coffehouse.

• Love 13

Thanks Bannana. You are saving my sanity. I just can't with this week. But what do you think? Will Phylis admit to the kiss? My soapy sense says NO WAY. She'll blather on about how supportive they are being to each other and they're FAMILY (as in siblings in law) because this fucking storyline needs to be dragged out longer.

Victor. God almighty. Can the family be angry with him for two minutes? It was the same with Nick and the paternity lie. Newmans can't be angry with Newmans (except Adam). They are degenerate freaks.

• Love 9

Thanks Bannana. You are saving my sanity. I just can't with this week. But what do you think? Will Phylis admit to the kiss? My soapy sense says NO WAY. She'll blather on about how supportive they are being to each other and they're FAMILY (as in siblings in law) because this fucking storyline needs to be dragged out longer.

Victor. God almighty. Can the family be angry with him for two minutes? It was the same with Nick and the paternity lie. Newmans can't be angry with Newmans (except Adam). They are degenerate freaks.

It was hilarious in that scene where he says they are dead to him, and he walks away with the guard--Vic, Drinki and Dick are off to the left and then there is a big gap, and Dummer and Abby are like a little unit on the right.  So bizarre.

I don't think Phyllis will mention the kiss at all, she'll just say that Billy understands her or some such nonsense.

@bannana "GREY GARDENS!!!"  LMAO So perfect!

I am actually stunned at the ugliness of the house.  I wasn't so upset that they decided to have Billy get the house, but I think he could have just made it less feminine and updated it a bit.  But this is really fugly.  It looks like something a college student would do to their first apartment.  Blech!

• Love 7

Victoria definitely opened Jack's eyes for 5 seconds. When he went to see Billy he was so snark every time Billy mentioned Phyllis. Billy finally got a clue and asked what Jack was getting at. He then said he spoke to Victoria and Billy tried to play it off as her being pissed about Passkey but Jack shut him down and then Phyllis came in. I am sure they will talk their way out of it but Jack better stay alert. He can't act shocked when it does happen and honestly Philly know Jack suspects so if they end up fucking then that makes look even worse. Not sure where this is going.

• Love 7

Victoria definitely opened Jack's eyes for 5 seconds. When he went to see Billy he was so snark every time Billy mentioned Phyllis. Billy finally got a clue and asked what Jack was getting at. He then said he spoke to Victoria and Billy tried to play it off as her being pissed about Passkey but Jack shut him down and then Phyllis came in. I am sure they will talk their way out of it but Jack better stay alert. He can't act shocked when it does happen and honestly Philly know Jack suspects so if they end up fucking then that makes look even worse. Not sure where this is going.

I think they are trying to show us Phyllis and Billy are not having an affair in the traditional sense. They are not conscious of it. The kiss came out of nowhere and they decided to never speak of it. The sex will come from the same place. ugh. The longest and lamest lead up to a ONS I've ever seen.

As for Jack, he'll be alert from now on. That's probably why he'll follow Phyllis and catch them in the act.

But he is allowed to be shocked (and horrified - as we all will be). It's one thing to suspect "something" and quite another to see your wife and brother banging. Especially after you've confronted them and they denied anything.

• Love 4

I guess so but that is just so lame. I thought affairs are suppose to be interesting and scandalous? This is not. Victoria broke up with Billy. Jack is aware of them in a sense. How utterly boring. Just get on with it already.

• Love 2

I guess so but that is just so lame. I thought affairs are suppose to be interesting and scandalous? This is not. Victoria broke up with Billy. Jack is aware of them in a sense. How utterly boring. Just get on with it already.

It is torture. I keep hoping for the preview/promo/spoiler of this goddamned SEX SCENE so we can move on to the fallout. Another week of contrived bonding is too much for me. I just can't watch.

They are trying to create angst for Phack and Villy rather than moving into a Billy and Phyllis pairing (I'm grateful for that much). So they need to create a moral loophole for the cheaters. And a full on affair with clandestine hookups behind Jack's back would be beyond gross. And therefore we have Phyllis falling on top of Billy and into a kiss and being STUNNED that it even happened.

I shudder to think how they end up having sex. 

Philly: The Accidental Adulterers.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 6

Can't you just see Mrs. C cooking corn on the cob in bed?  And Jill dancing around singing Tea For Two with her skirt on her head?  Hahaha I'm killing myself over here!

Wait a minute--am I hallucinating or did they do a mock Grey Gardens episode with Jill and Katherine once?

• Love 3

Summer to Victor: What does the future look like without you?

Me: BABY KITTENS, RAINBOWS, AND BUTTERFLIES, SUMMER.

Yeah, the show has no clue what to do with Billy and Phyllis, do they? They've got Jack and Victoria pretty much straight-up insinuating to Philly that something inappropriate and strange is going on between them and Philly are like "Wut? Us? It's the revenge, yo!" They're not teens! They know exactly what they're doing! They know they just kissed! Just....stop...with the innocent act, please. The writers just make them look more manipulative than anything.

• Love 7