Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I'm guessing this story line was the `romcom com` that JT was referring to in an interview.

Yep, it was. And it was as inappropriate and nauseating as I thought it would be. There should be nothing "funny" or "comedic" or "hijinks" about Philly. And they shouldn't be having dialogue all "You used to trust me." This is exactly why I wanted Jack far away from them. And why it will be hard for me to believe that he would ever trust Phyllis or Billy again. 

• Love 8

Thanks, Bannana! I forgot about that painting of a pregnant Sharon and the one of Dr. Anderson covered in blood thereby indicating Patty recalls what happened that night. We should recap together, haha. You can recap all the parts I forget, heh.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, bannana said:

Paul also was kind of shrieking at the Doctor, just like he does at Dylan and Kevin.  He's got anger management issues.

It's the Tightpockets.  You just can't squeeze things that tight without a reaction.

And a rash.

• Love 6

Paul also was kind of shrieking at the Doctor, just like he does at Dylan and Kevin.  He's got anger management issues.

Well, I see boes has already explained Paul's rage. The pants are seriously tight. Imagine spending years vacuum sealed into a denim prison, unable to even fart because there's literally no space between your numb buttcheeks and the fabric. The man could blow out his own colon for crissakes. We won't even talk about the ball bondage Paul suffers through, because no one needs to imagine a pair of suffocating saclets crying out for freedom. It's honestly surprising to me that he hasn't been driven mad and institutionalized with Patty. 

It was merciful of Kevin to strike Nick where it would hurt him the least.

Romcomcom still makes me laugh. Unlike Billy, who had no right to enter Phyllis's office, manhandle her property, or access her computer. Somebody needs to teach this motherfucker about boundaries. 

Speaking of boundaries, Chloe has some nerve living in the home of her homicide victim. Seriously creepy shit that is. I don't even like Chelsea, but that is some hardcore disrespect and our worldly grifter hasn't a clue. 

The twist with Patty was kind of good. It's too bad it's all in service of a shit story.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Yep, it was. And it was as inappropriate and nauseating as I thought it would be. There should be nothing "funny" or "comedic" or "hijinks" about Philly. And they shouldn't be having dialogue all "You used to trust me." This is exactly why I wanted Jack far away from them. And why it will be hard for me to believe that he would ever trust Phyllis or Billy again. 

It is so fucking tone deaf. Jack and Phyllis are playing it as though they are skating on the edge of a knife of unspeakable pain and then we have this funny stuff? The only purpose those scenes served were to cater to the stans on Twitter. They were totally throwaway. (Oh, but Billy still had time to whine "I'm a jerk. Everyone hates me." JFC. In case we didn't know he was a self-pitying asshole.) It could have been a scene between Phyllis and Billy pre-affair (which might have been appropriately funny), or a scene between Billy and Ashley or Billy and anyone who is not the sister-in-law he fucked. It was not romcomcom. It was just stup-stup-stupid and pointless as fuck. Based on previews, Billy will tell Ashley that Phack are up to something as a result of that interaction? Ashley could already see that and questioned both Phyllis and Jack about Phyllis's "secret assignment." And if something is going to happen with Ashley-Billy and their dynamic, again, could have been handled without those scenes between Phyllis and Billy. I hate it so much when shows cater to fangurls.

Whatever. If that disgusting affair is over and we are finally seeing Jack's POV, I'll live with these stupid ass scenes every once in awhile. As we witnessed this summer, it can be much worse. 

• Love 9

Also Phyllis IT genius extraordinaire who can hack into Jack's laptop in four minutes flat uses as her password, the highly secure RED.

Gaaaaaah, show why must you insult us like this???????? It was so unnecessary. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 10
55 minutes ago, miamama said:

Jack and Phyllis are playing it as though they are skating on the edge of a knife of unspeakable pain and then we have this funny stuff?

And JT and GT play it with zero nuance. Like, HELLO, your characters cheated on someone they claim to LOVE. You're not on an episode of Friends.

31 minutes ago, miamama said:

Also Phyllis IT genius extraordinaire who can hack into Jack's laptop in four minutes flat uses as her password, the highly secure RED.

Gaaaaaah, show why must you insult us like this???????? It was so unnecessary. 

And Billy guessing "Billy...oh nevermind blah blah." What a joke.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And JT and GT play it with zero nuance. Like, HELLO, your characters cheated on someone they claim to LOVE. You're not on an episode of Friends.

And Billy guessing "Billy...oh nevermind blah blah." What a joke.

Right? And even with fair warning (JT's "we had fun with it and did romcomcom scenes") it was really off-putting. I found it very odd writing as well. The way Billy was making fun of Phyllis's narcissism (her password is of course her "nickname" - actually Jack's nickname for her if you want to be accurate -- and 9 times out of 10 it's about you)? WTF was that? That is not how Billy related to Phyllis during their affair. It IS HOWEVER how Billy related to Phyllis prior to the bullshit Philly love. For years he found her narcissistic and ridiculous and pretty much impossible to tolerate. Their "love" scenes consisted of him telling her wonderful and loving and good and smart and perfect she was and how Jack was simply not good enough for HER. 

So what were we supposed to take from those scenes? Who were those people and what WAS their relationship to each other? I'll answer my own question: more bubble writing. These people have nothing to do with history, character or anything currently going on on the show. They don't even have anything to do with their own history this summer.

Pure throwaway scenes to show us how cool and snarky Billy is, and to give Philly stans something to make YouTube clips and to tweet Mal about.  

The fact is these two have nothing to say to each other at this point. And that's what we witnessed. Some poor writer having to come up with "entertaining" dialogue.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, miamama said:

So what were we supposed to take from those scenes? Who were those people and what WAS their relationship to each other? I'll answer my own question: more bubble writing. These people have nothing to do with history, character or anything currently going on on the show. They don't even have anything to do with their own history this summer.

Pure throwaway scenes to show us how cool and snarky Billy is, and to give Philly stans something to make YouTube clips and to tweet Mal about.  

Yep. The scenes pretty much took place in its own galaxy.

And, to me, continued to make Billy look bad. He's investigating being "stabbed in the back by Jack" while continuing to flirt with Phyllis? Alrighty then.

• Love 5
Just now, HeatLifer said:

And, to me, continued to make Billy look bad. He's investigating being "stabbed in the back by Jack" while continuing to flirt with Phyllis? Alrighty then.

AND his being stabbed in the back turned out to be bogus. Jack didn't do a damn thing to him. Ashley DID -- as a simple business move. Jack doesn't even care enough to punish him. NO ONE DOES. And here Phyllis is trying to win back a modicum of Jack's trust and this fucker is trying to ruin it for her. 

It's weird. Travis is the bomb. Jack is the good guy who Phyllis desperately wants back. Suddenly business important Cane is getting the kudos over at B&S. Even Kevin -- with Mariah making dreamy eyes at him -- is canoodling with nutty Chloe. And yet sad, lonely Billy is in our faces daily. I don't get it. What is the purpose of this guy? Just to float around, feel sorry for himself and irritate the fuck out of everyone? Really? He's a NEWBIE. Seems a bit risky to me.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Can you even use a three letter word as your password? I've never been able to. 

I also find it hard it to believe that Phyllis's password isn't lolbilly3inches.

You're right on three letters. And OMG, Ninja. I'm dying.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, miamama said:

And here Phyllis is trying to win back a modicum of Jack's trust and this fucker is trying to ruin it for her. 

Phyllis has a long way to go for me to believe she's genuine, but this show has got to be kidding if they think they're gonna have these Philly scenes on the side and I'm gonna want Jack near her ass. 

• Love 5

I loved Mariah and her fireplace poker through out the episode. It was funny how everyone kept telling her to put it down.

So if Patty was there the whole time, who was outside? Chloe seems too interested, so she thinks it's Adam?  

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Phyllis has a long way to go for me to believe she's genuine, but this show has got to be kidding if they think they're gonna have these Philly scenes on the side and I'm gonna want Jack near her ass. 

I believe that is exactly what they think. I can live with it because I am a sucker for Phack and I'd like to see them have a long arc of working through this affair.

I do think Phyllis is genuine, and the dialogue and the way the scenes are playing out -- pushing Phack together and Billy to Victoria's orbit -- tell me where things are going story wise. These scenes are just little crumbs for Philly fans. There was no hint of emotion in those scenes today in the sense that these two people want to be together any more. Even Billy was more deliberately annoying than I WANT YOU with Phyllis. I also think on a poorly executed level show wants to just move on and have Phyllis and Billy interacting as non-lovers. (I think you alluded to that upthread.) As I said tone deaf. But whatever. At least they are no longer declaring undying love to each other. Gah.

• Love 2

I love how the bank has a comparatively simple  "at least one number" password while a movie times site or some goofy free candy bar contest has Pentagon level passwords - "10 letters, two caps, one symbol and a partridge in a pear tree".

Daniel was badass on Scorpion tonight.

Edited by crowsworks
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, miamama said:

I'd like to see them have a long arc of working through this affair.

In my eyes, it's difficult to execute this if the show isn't willing to properly write Philly or Jack/Billy. How can you work through an affair when one part of it is still walking around like a douchebag and flirting with the woman in every single one of their interactions? It doesn't work. The open wound never gets a chance to close. But you know I'm seeing this solely from Jack's POV.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

In my eyes, it's difficult to execute this if the show isn't willing to properly write Philly or Jack/Billy. How can you work through an affair when one part of it is still walking around like a douchebag and flirting with the woman in every single one of their interactions? It doesn't work. The open wound never gets a chance to close. But you know I'm seeing this solely from Jack's POV.

Jack and Billy needn't repair their relationship for Phack to reconnect. I think their relationship is irreparable actually. Phyllis was messed up by Marco. Billy has no excuse. 

I do agree that Philly has to be dealt with. And IMO they are being dealt with - badly, true - but the "connecting" they had going on is shown to be severed. And I do think in time they will stop having scenes together. Which is why I don't want Phack to reconnect too quickly. Jack won't tolerate Philly as friends if he gives his marriage a chance again. Right now he keeps telling them to fuck because he's hurt and angry and wants them out of his life. But if he gives Phyllis a chance I expect he'll demand an end to any interactions with Billy. She's done with Billy now but she's way too nice. And since they supposedly were in love I guess it makes some sense. 

Billy will be back with Victoria in no time anyways.

Edited by miamama
Yikes! Horrible misspelling!
  • Love 2

I loved Mariah and her fireplace poker through out the episode. It was funny how everyone kept telling her to put it down.

That's what I mean about the improvement in the writing... I guess we are still on Pratt plotting but maybe the dialogue/script writing doesn't lag as far behind?  Am not sure but I don't see how the stories overall can still kind of suck but in general I find the dialogue a great deal better and more entertaining. The Mariah poker thing was an idea.  So was the Patti wasn't where we thought she was.  I don't know who's behind that but if it is anybody other than Pratt I think there is hope for the overall story map and then the day to day execution.  

My mind still boggles at why JFP made all the cuts she did and then Susan Flannery takes over and whole sets (and new ones) are back.  Mystified.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, miamama said:

She's done with Billy now but she's way too nice. And since they supposedly were in love I guess it makes some sense. 

It actually doesn't make sense to me, if we are to believe Phyllis' story for the past month. If she wants Jack to trust her again and she's desperate for forgiveness, she would walk away without even talking to Billy and not even allow him to have a chance to flirt with her. And when he does, she would need to tell him he's a gross douchebag and to respect his brother. She would also tell Jack, "Hey, FYI, your brother is still trying something with me and it has got to stop." The show is trying to have their cake and eat it, too, AGAIN, and I'm over that as a viewer. These aren't teenage characters.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It actually doesn't make sense to me, if we are to believe Phyllis' story for the past month. If she wants Jack to trust her again and she's desperate for forgiveness, she would walk away without even talking to Billy and not even allow him to have a chance to flirt with her. And when he does, she would need to tell him he's a gross douchebag and to respect his brother. She would also tell Jack, "Hey, FYI, your brother is still trying something with me and it has got to stop." The show is trying to have their cake and eat it, too, AGAIN, and I'm over that as a viewer. These aren't teenage characters.

Yeah. Can't disagree but I'm trying really hard to give the show some rope, otherwise I get too angry.

What scares me is this catering to noisy fans. It's a bad precedent. Y&R has managed to avoid it until now. SS and KA are old school so I think we'll be okay.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

^ Erm, Cane from the dead... 

I was referring to ship wars. If people want to keep a guy from being fired, whatever. But if they're dictating story based on their fanfic fantasies, ugh.

9 minutes ago, miamama said:

Yeah. Can't disagree but I'm trying really hard to give the show some rope, otherwise I get too angry.

What scares me is this catering to noisy fans. It's a bad precedent. Y&R has managed to avoid it until now. SS and KA are old school so I think we'll be okay.

And I don't want to bring you down, trust me. But I don't have faith in this show. I've watched soaps for too long to hope like that. TPTB continue to write Philly inappropriately. They think it's fluffy comedy and it's not. Mal's tweet made that clear.

Edited by HeatLifer
I can't type.
  • Love 3

What concerns me is the chase for ratings... if they think there's something to be achieved in catering to the Twittersphere et al, watch out.  Suddenly Jack is a crossdresser and Katherine Chancellor returns from the dead, now played by Marla Maples. 

• Love 1

To be real, I just think they need to pick a lane. If they want to follow Twitter, go for it. But enough with the game-playing. All the characters suffer because of it. Especially Jack, in this case. He's the one who continues to look sad and beaten down while Phyllis and Billy do whatever the hell want, when they want, with no regards to anyone else. Phyllis won't leave Jack alone, while at the same time babying poor "You would never steal something that wasn't yours" Billy. And Billy is the one attacking Jack, while at the same time flirting with Phyllis. Jack suffers here most of all.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

Between Billy saying "If I could do it all over again...oh, wait...I would" and Jack saying Billy will always find a way to insert himself into Phyllis' life, I wanted to throw things.

And, once again, we have Phyllis telling Jack to his face that she doesn't have feelings for Billy. I would hope the show wouldn't continue to do that unless it really was over or they just really want Phyllis to be a horrific liar.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, crowsworks said:

I love how the bank has a comparatively simple  "at least one number" password while a movie times site or some goofy free candy bar contest has Pentagon level passwords - "10 letters, two caps, one symbol and a partridge in a pear tree".

Daniel was badass on Scorpion tonight.

On a tangent, I hate the Covered California website (our Obamacare site for my state) because it kicked any dictionary word (it's term not mine). I use the default password I've used since 8th grade, pulled directly from anise that appears in exactly zero spellcheckers. Nope. I use my fifteen character PW I had in the military. Not. My roommate used our WiFi MAC address directly from the router when she tried signing up a couple nights ago and it kicked THAT. >:(

Yet I'm to believe a bank in 2016allows a three character password? GTFO.

• Love 3

Gee, Sharon, could you look any guiltier?

Gee, Phyllis, did you forget the present continuous ends with ing, or are you just doing some special actin by droppin the g?

Gee, Billy, fucktard much?

Ashley was funny... 'that's all I got.'

Edited by Big Blue Plate
  • Love 1

After today's Cdn I think Phyllis will take the heat over this leaked info. to prove her loyalty to Jack, and Billy will protect her, to prove he's not scum.

They will try to redeem themselves.

I would be somewhat concerned they were going roundabout to Philly again if Jack weren't shown to be so completely broken. If he were just totally cold and done as he could have been, then I'd say the final goal is Philly end up together. But that's not what's playing on my screen. Phyllis is getting to Jack but he can't conceive of her again because "Billy will always be in the picture" as opposed to he no longer loves her. And he's not even in revenge mode like Neil. He's just hurting. Phunny Philly CANNOT be a pairing in this scenario. Even a "Jack sacrifices what he wants and realizes they belong together scenario." The way he looked today Philly together would kill him, is killing him. And even ButtBiscuit admitted he had destroyed his relationship with Jack today and wants to make amends. I actually think the ridiculous "I would do it again because I'm an idiot" comment showed how it was a stupid mistake rather than the great love it was two months ago.

PB was amazing today. And Gina was right there with him. Despite her "fun" with JT, she delivers. Unlike MS.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, miamama said:

Phunny Philly CANNOT be a pairing in this scenario. Even a "Jack sacrifices what he wants and realizes they belong together scenario." The way he looked today Philly together would kill him, is killing him.

That's why those scenes were ridic, though. Mal is clearly on another wave length than me because trying to sell that romcom stuff in the face of Jack's reality is like...WHAT? So Jack is struggling while Philly so funny!....and that makes sense in the writing room? 

• Love 7

Ugh, fml. The previews for tomorrow annoyed me. Anyway, this will be quick because I'm on the iPad tonight.

Phyllis shows up at Jack's with the flash drive. He is not happy to see her and wants to know what she's doing at his home, and why hasn't she destroyed the flash drive? She tells him about Billy and he confirms he heard there was a security breach but didn't realize it was Billy. He thanks her for the files and tells her her job is done. Phyllis doesn't want to hear it, however. She insists that Jack not cut her out of getting revenge on Victor. Phyllis tells Jack that he should keep her in the loop because if they get caught, it would look like Phyllis still has a vendetta against Victor and Jack and Jabot will be safe. Phyllis eventually leaves, after Jack closes the door in her face, and turns out the lights. 

Chlelsea asks Chloe about her dream but Chloe plays dumb and says she doesn't remember what her dream was about. Connor starts crying and Chelsea suspects he has another ear infection. Chloe convinces Chelsea to bring Connor to the hospital just in case.

Billy is with Ashley at the GCAC and he's telling her that Phyllis is up to something. Ashley wants Billy to stay the hell away from Phyllis seeing as how their stupid affair ruined their family. She says she loves him but doesn't trust him after what he did. 

Sharon convinces/ drags a reluctant Nick to the hospital to get his head checked out while Kevin stays behind with Mariah. Stench wants Nick to spend the night at the hospital just in case.

Paul shows up at the cottage and tells Kevin he can leave. Kevin decides to head over to Chelsea's since he thinks he forgot his phone there. When Kevin leaves, Paul asks Mariah what she was doing visiting Patty at Stonevale. Mariah says after Patty broke out last time to see Dylan she suspected that Patty might be behind the phone calls. Paul informs Mariah that Patty doesn't have access to a phone and Mariah says she realizes that after speaking with Patty. Paul says he has one more thing to show her. When Paul leaves the room, Mariah texts Sharon letting her know Paul is over and he knows about Mariah's visit to Stonevale.

As Sharon is running out of Nick's hospital room she runs into Chelsea and lets her know Nick is spending the night. Sharon leaves and Chelsea goes to speak with Nick while waiting for Connor's prescription.

Earlier, Chelsea ran into the security guard Adam put in the hospital. He is out of his coma and going home. He tells Chelsea he wishes he was able to get better sooner because what happened wasn't Adam's fault. And he says some nice words to Connor.

Kevin goes back to Chelsea's and Chloe tells him she wants to be with him and they kiss. Boo, I want him with Mariah. Why can't Kevin look at Mariah the way he does Chloe?

Paul shows Sharon the picture Patty painted of a pregnant Sharon at Fairview. He wants to know why Patty painted this particular moment. Sharon plays dumb but Paul is not letting it go. A suspicious Paul decides to spend the night. 

Previews show Travis outside Victor's office asking what happened to Connie. Natalie, aka Swiss Miss, is back and is the new receptionist. Noooooo! Why is she back? Why?!?!

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

That's why those scenes were ridic, though. Mal is clearly on another wave length than me because trying to sell that romcom stuff in the face of Jack's reality is like...WHAT? So Jack is struggling while Philly so funny!....and that makes sense in the writing room? 

It is ASININE. And Bill Bell would never have allowed it. But he also famously hated comedy. ha! But the times they are a' changing (and soaps are dying, small wonder).

It'll be interesting to see where this goes when Sally and Kay arrive. 

2 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Previews show Travis outside Victor's office asking what happened to Connie. Natalie, aka Swiss Miss, is back and is the new receptionist. Noooooo! Why is she back? Why?!?!

I know right???? Chloe AND Natalie. WTF? 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Also (I'm a little drunk so I keep talking), PB's feelings are interesting. He's gone public with wanting Jack to examine his trauma over this (his words) and that he wants to play the fallout from the affair. And yet the cheaters are doing romcom!!!! And the way he's playing it -- PB I mean now -- he is raw and wrecked. And GT takes his lead in their scenes and is also raw and wrecked.

But heehee Philly. RME.

Put your FOOT DOWN, BERGMAN!

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, miamama said:

Also (I'm a little drunk so I keep talking), PB's feelings are interesting. He's gone public with wanting Jack to examine his trauma over this (his words) and that he wants to play the fallout from the affair. And yet the cheaters are doing romcom!!!! And the way he's playing it -- PB I mean now -- he is raw and wrecked. And GT takes his lead in their scenes and is also raw and wrecked.

But heehee Philly. RME.

Put your FOOT DOWN, BERGMAN!

It legit makes no sense. And makes my brain hurt. I've never seen, in the history of my TV watching, the cheaters be given romcom scenes AFTER BEING OUTED.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It legit makes no sense. And makes my brain hurt. I've never seen, in the history of my TV watching, the cheaters be given romcom scenes AFTER BEING OUTED.

Well something to consider is we are in between writers. The overall direction is somewhat clear -- i.e. Philly affair is over no more declarations of their undying love. Phack is working on something, not reconciliation but something as Jack gets to finally REACT. Villy/Tricky are afoot. Lane is on the verge of new story. Sharon story is about to finally end.

But there is a fair degree of filler as well. And focus on production and moving stuff around -- physically and in terms of character. Sally Sussman got to work some weeks ago so I'm sure the shifts in story movement are to do with that. But actual day to day writing would not have changed yet. (What we are seeing on screen I mean.) So it will be disjointed to a point.

so do as I do and don't sweat it my friend. And have a drink. lol.

• Love 5

Did anybody notice, in the first few minutes of today's show, the scene was Devon and Hilary at GC Buzz with a random producer/director woman - did she say something about Supergirl being on, or changing networks, or something? I thought I heard that; Supergirl has switched from CBS to the CW this year, so that would be a sneaky way to promote Supergirl. The other day, GH snuck in a reference to the opening weekend of Doctor Strange, which might seem odd to anyone who doesn't know that Disney owns Marvel and ABC.

• Love 1