Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E7 Diamonds Aren't Forever

First episode I've caught in a while, and now knowing the Jenni backstory, it's so obvious that she's just there to film.  She and Jeff really don't interact at all.  It's sort of painful to watch.  

This Frankie hump; just no.  He needs to go the way of Paul.

• Love 1

Jenny is a piece of shit .... she’s acting like she runs everything and she’s the boss . All the indoor idiots (Jenny.. tyler... Megan aka horse teeth and gage) just sit around and judge everyone else like they do all the work .... all I ever see them do is kiss Jeff’s ass and eat lunch ... worthless group of people .... I truly believe Jeff keeps worthless people around just so he can bitch and complain 

• Love 10

I would pay double my cable bill to see someone punch Jeff Lewis in the fucking mouth. Am I crazy or did he do the same thing to Julie that Frankie did to him? I wish she'd told him to give her money back. Whew...going to calm down with This is Us. 

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Jeff and his minions are a bunch of mean girls who live to humiliate others. They even act like they are above their clients-I would tell him to take a hike. 

Jeff is talented but a real asshole.  Helped him have a show for 11 seasons but it sounds like Andy Cohen's not giving him a season 12.  Or maybe he will with all of the soap opera drama of their fight being in the news. Can't help but question how much in the news is real or staged for the sake of ratings - (cough) the Kardashians.  

I really can't stand Tyler.  He's a little bitch like Jeff which is why he got the job and is still there.

Seems obvious to me that Jeff hired Frankie Diamonds solely for the show.  Why would he hire a limo driver with no experience to be a Project Manager? Frankie didn't seem to get the nuances of the job but by agreeing to work with Jeff and be on the show, he's asking to potentially be made an ass off.  Thought it was fucked up how Jeff had demoted him to cleaning trash at the end.  

Don't get why Gage is with him.  He seems content to play the role of the stomped-upon partner whenever Jeff is having a shit moment but they're both dickish which is a part of the attraction, I guess.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

I really can't stand Tyler.  He's a little bitch like Jeff which is why he got the job and is still there.

Jeff has a pattern of hiring that same personality type in that position.  Read from it what you will.  If I were Gage, I would have some concerns about it, but then Gage appears to be almost catatonic most of the time, so perhaps he doesn't notice.

• Love 5

It almost seems like the clients are afraid to even mention a personal choice they have for their own house in front of Jeff and his staff. I’m far from rich but when I renovated my house I made it clear all final decisions were up to me. 

• Love 8

It seems like most of us are over Jeff and his crew but Sirius radio is giving him a talk show that is on three times a week  ( and it seems like) 5 times a day.Hes just as obnoxious on the radio.   I personally am on the side of Julie who is giving him a lot of money and no say in the process. Glad she’s sticking up herself.  I’m thinking that Jeff thought that Frankie would be a “ colorful character” for his show and didn’t consider that this man was constantly criticized and humiliated in front of a national TV audience. He moved from his home and his job for a job that he wasn’t prepared for and hung out to dry for Jeff and his minion’s amusement.  Jeff does NOT have a big heart.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, FrankieTankie said:

Jenny is a piece of shit .... she’s acting like she runs everything and she’s the boss . All the indoor idiots (Jenny.. tyler... Megan aka horse teeth and gage) just sit around and judge everyone else like they do all the work .... all I ever see them do is kiss Jeff’s ass and eat lunch ... worthless group of people .... I truly believe Jeff keeps worthless people around just so he can bitch and complain 

It might be the editing, but Tyler always looks like such a douche.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I'm so tired of watching them fucking eating.

I just can't imagine eating that much restaurant food. Who eats out that much? Does anyone in this franchise cook? I mean, he's got a house manager and 2 maids --- no one cooks? That's too much processed food, I don't care if they're eating salads every meal (spoiler: they're not!!), that's still too much processed crap!!! And I say this as someone who just ate 2 7-11 hot dogs for lunch, because we've been living on stir fried veggies for 3 days and I needed JUNK FOOD.

• Love 6

I don't think Frankie realized he was just a pawn for the show, and it hit him pretty hard. 

The only thing that made this episode tolerable was seeing how Jennie was all in with the rest of the mean girls in humiliating Frankie (and to a lesser extent Julie) and knowing that her number is coming up. You dance with the devil you eventually get burned. I hope the show runs long enough that we get to see Megan's turn.  

• Love 11

I hope if I ever pay someone a whole bunch of money to help do the interior design for my house, that I get some input and there's some consideration as to my own taste.

Felt bad for Frankie - he tried hard but was subject to Jeff's whims.  Trent the weasel complaining about having to avoid him when he got "home" to the place he's squatting in was a little rich.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Felt bad for Frankie - he tried hard but was subject to Jeff's whims.

But it didn’t appear he did try hard. He was a bullshitter full of excuses who frequently argued with Jeff over what Jeff wanted him to do. 

• Love 11

Does anyone feel like Jeff always has little twinky young gay boys as his assistants for a reason?

I mean it could just be that they all come from Central Casting, but I've met some successful gay couples with some weird living situations. Like stay together for the power, the prestige, the money, the look of a nice heteronormative lifestyle where they have it all... but still get their toys to play with. If you know what I'm saying. 

He's staying in one of Jeffs houses. He's literally already Jeff's twink houseboy. Haha!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Mdoc said:

Does anyone feel like Jeff always has little twinky young gay boys as his assistants for a reason?

I mean it could just be that they all come from Central Casting, but I've met some successful gay couples with some weird living situations. Like stay together for the power, the prestige, the money, the look of a nice heteronormative lifestyle where they have it all... but still get their toys to play with. If you know what I'm saying. 

He's staying in one of Jeffs houses. He's literally already Jeff's twink houseboy. Haha!

Not saying this isn’t or has been th case but what makes all of these twink houseboys stay silent without a hint of “blind gossip” type things. They all sign a non disclosure for $$? And it is enough $$ that no gossip rag can pay them more for the story? Or Jeff isn’t interesting enough for that kind of $$?  

Does anyone feel like Jeff and Gage always has little twinky young gay boys as their assistants for a reason?

Bingo.

I think these assistants actually work, running errands, so we have the imperfect storm of sex in the workplace.

I also think the tall blond "assistant" is literally out of Central Casting. She's an actor's wife and former client who wants to be on TV. Not sure how much the wretched Megan actually works. She's too busy trying to dethrone Jenni and brown nosing Jeff.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 4
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:31 PM, FrankieTankie said:

I was pleased when Frankie basically told her to shut her pie hole and let him talk to his boss.

• Love 6

I think with Jeff and Julie a big part of the problem is communication and the process.  Jeff is used to flipping houses, he's done this a bunch of times and this is the first time Julie has done it.  So, if they originally plan to just take a bathroom down to the studs and do x, y and z, but when they get the sheet rock off they find water damage in the walls, he's all "Oh, well, that means it's going to cost an extra $x"  Then in his head, he figures out if he can take it from somewhere else or if it just has to increase the budget.  Then he goes to Julie and says "Water damage, we need to pay them $6k more"  Meanwhile she's all like "Wait, what? What does this mean? What can we do about it?"  If he told her, Look, this is what they found, I've seen this on other projects and this is what they have to do, it will likely cost about this much.  We can cut this from here, but I think we maybe should just eat the cost because . . .  Then I think she'd be fine with the whole situation.  She just needs to know WHY she's spending the money, and get a say in the planning.  It's not even that I think she'd really argue that much with the plans, but Jeff is used to making unilateral decisions and hasn't figured out that you can't with a partner, unless they're willing to just be a financial one.

I think the show is just kind of past it's prime.  It's sort of gone in stages, and I think the housewives are like this too, for the most part.  At first, it was like OMG! Who is this? Is he crazy? What in the world? How could anyone work for him? And you watched to see what he'd say or do next.  Then you saw the guy who cared deeply about his animals and was really flawed, but also hysterical with Chloe.  And then he had the big fight with Ryan, so that was a whole thing to keep you drawn in- what would happen next?  How would the business change? They'd been friends forever! And next the market crashed, so he struggled with the business.  He rebuilt, he came back stronger, he expanded.  He developed product.  He had struggles with Zoila.  Gage popped up.  He had a baby.  But now, it's kind of like, ok, I'm not sure what story there is for them to tell anymore.  We're just watching him be mean.  And I think that's why it's over.  I can't see a shift they can take with the show that would bring it to a watchable place again.  It's just run it's course.  

• Love 5
On 11/1/2018 at 2:14 AM, Mdoc said:

I agree strange....