Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: 10 Chefs Compete

• Start Topic

A team competition tests the contestants' knowledge of pork, with the winners receiving an indoor sky-diving experience; during dinner service, both teams face struggles.

This is Episode 11 and there are still TEN chefs?  

REALLY!?!  Let's just tell a LIE to get her kicked off?  Wow, and the other women don't say a WORD?  Good God.

Yeah, they're a classy bunch, aren't they?  I think the contestants on this show get more unlikable every year.  

Ugh Sandra should have been eliminated. These "team shakeup" things never work. 

I used to think Anton had a shot at winning this thing (in spite of his massive ego) but he proved tonight he is extremely unprofessional by throwing, not just one of his teammates, but his entire team under the bus. Not professional at all. Doesn't matter how well you can cook, if you are not professional you will not win. I think a girl will win this year because the men are just a disaster all around.

And WTF was up with them nominating Rochelle (especially behind her back)? Okay so they made a good point that she is too focused on personal issues or whatever, but she did nothing that would deserve getting eliminated. As if they really thought Ramsay would eliminate her over any of the others put up. 

• Love 1

Rochelle wants marriage and kids, meanwhile Kaisha and her mush mouth was telling us how she needs this for her daughter. So who's going to be more distracted? The one with the fantasy family or the one with the real live daughter? I did for a second think Sandra was going to throw the rest of the team under the bus about the backstabbing selection, she didn't have anything to lose. 

Not that it matters, I was saying all Ramsey's lines before he did tonight. This episode was so scripted and predictable from start to finish. Of course the women had a 2 dish lead, but then whatever pale crap Gabriel put on a plate is the dish that turns it around for the men. Of course both teams are told to chose someone to go up. Of course they switch teams. Got all the cliches wrapped up in one episode tonight. 

• Love 2

Out of the ten left, I like Rochelle. Period. Can't stand any of them men, and I loathe the rest of the women. I liked Joy until tonight, and she seems most capable, but putting Rochelle up to spare her buddy was wrong. And I think I like Keisha least of all of them.

• Love 1

it was another brackish psychological sludgefest with ramsey summing it up "this is totally insane". with lobster man exiting the kitchen i wonder who tptb are encouraging to upsell the crazy now. seems like red was carrying the banner with the over the top reaction to an industrial strength fan and his basement dwelling dick joke upon returning. i am certain keisha was pulled aside and asked to further mangle her pronunciation, hopefully before this mess ends it evolves into tuvan style throat singing.

Out of the ten left, I like Rochelle. Period. Can't stand any of them men, and I loathe the rest of the women. I liked Joy until tonight, and she seems most capable, but putting Rochelle up to spare her buddy was wrong. And I think I like Keisha least of all of them.

I like Richard and Scott OK.  Otherwise, I totally agree.  I like Rochelle but I can't see her in an executive chef position.  Or any of the rest of them for that matter.  I think Ramsay's producers just drag people in off the street and, with Keisha, they hit the bottom of the barrel.  Someone who can't even speak her native language coherently isn't going to be able to run a restaurant kitchen.  Sandy is another one.  She looks, speaks and acts like she's a cook in a biker bar.  No way is Ramsay going to put her in charge of anything.  I thought I liked Anton when this whole thing started but he's turned out to be an arrogant jerk.  Ramsay ought to just bring back Jon who should have won last season and give him the job.

• Love 2

Yeah, Richard's okay. I can't stand Scott.....he and Anton tie for my least favorites on team blue. I could like Gabrielle if they didn't let him talk to the camera b/c he's okay in the kitchen...it's his stupid chats with the camera that make me loathe him.

The only two who should have been up for elimination are Anton and Sandra.

Sandra needed to go because really, everyone is waiting on you so they can fire their food, because your portion takes the longest and you conveniently forget to say anything until you are ready and you then take the food up leaving everyone else hanging. That was a blatant attempt at passive aggressive sabatoging everyone.

And really Anton, everything you did was was Scott and the rest of the team's fault? I guess it was Scott and the team's fault when you picked you got first choice and picked a cut of pork you claim you never cooked before and lost with your pig slop presentation? Oh, I forgot, you don't cook food that looks good, you cook food that tastes good, so your loss was really as win.

I agree about the scripted bull. There is no way that Ramsay preferred Gabriel's pale ribs to Joys, which not only looked but apparently tasted great. I knew the minute the women were up by two, Joy would lose. When Grrr asked the cook time question, I knew Joy lost. How much time could she have cooked it, the 45 minute clock started before they got to the kitchen, the meat had to be prepped and rested then plated. Note to Joy, when serving ribs to Ramsay in a team challenge, boil all the color of the meat away so that the meat can fall off the bones. Oh wait, the only way he will reward your for this is if your team if up and your dish is all that will keep them in the game, otherwise you would get gutted for KILLING ALL THE FLAVOR! THE MEAT WAS ALREADY DEAD YOU DIDN'T NEED TO KILL IT AGAIN!!!

All this time I thought Kaisha(sp?) was I her mid thirties. Imagine my shock when the screen cap revealed she is twenty- three.

If this low level caliber of chefs is the best Hell's Kitchen can do at this point, it is time for the show to go. Are legit chefs turned off by the clown-like atmosphere and the berating? Or has the GR cache been lost because of the shilling and recent string of mediocre restaurants? At this point, Joy is the best of the worst and in earlier seasons, she would have been cannon fodder who would not have made it this far.

This is Episode 11 and there are still TEN chefs?

Ha. The last two or three episodes, I've been wondering why there are still so many. Were all of these people there in the beginning? I have a theory that they're sneaking in two new bad chefs for every one they eliminate. THIS SEASON WILL NEVER END.

As someone who is staunchly child free, putting up Joelle because she wants a family is nuts. 1. Scott or whoever flat said he had kids. And Grr has 3 or so himself. He should have called that bull shit immediately. I would have loved it if he had been all, "what do you mean you can't have a family and be a good chef? Who do you think you're working for?"

• Love 3

I like Scott. I can't stand Anton. Especially in this episode. His voice makes me want to stick my fingers in my ears. Can you imagine being next to him in bed every night, with that voice? ARRGGHH!!

I like Rochelle also. She's a little ditzy, but I like that in a person when everyone else is a screaming, raving bitch on fire. :)

Rochelle reminds me of Mary from last season- quiet, shy, nice girl. I like her as well and think she's a pretty good chef, at least in comparison to some of the others. I hope she makes black jackets. I doubt she'll win but then again, I'm not sure if people expected Mary to make runner up last season either.

Faves for the girls: Joy and Rochelle

Faves for the guys: *crickets* 

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh, I forgot, you don't cook food that looks good, you cook food that tastes good, so your loss was really as win.

Who was it who said, "You eat first with your eyes....?"   I think I got that from someone on the Food Network...even so, it's true.  And could you clear your throat, hoarse guy?  I know that is probably his regular voice but it grates.  Maybe he should stop smoking?  It always amazes me how many chefs smoke.  I hear it changes your palate somewhat.

I'm liking Rochelle more and more. I'm hoping she makes it to black jackets.  Sondra? Enough is enough--she should have been out this round.

And for the guys?  *crickets* for the win!

Edited by gryphon

As someone who is staunchly child free, putting up Joelle because she wants a family is nuts. 1. Scott or whoever flat said he had kids. And Grr has 3 or so himself. He should have called that bull shit immediately. I would have loved it if he had been all, "what do you mean you can't have a family and be a good chef? Who do you think you're working for?"

Yes, it was Keisha who said 'She can't decide if she wants to be a chef or a HOUSEWIFE!'  Really?  In 2014, women have to choose between family and career, and any woman who wants to marry automatically becomes a freakin HOUSEWIFE?  

• Love 4