Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Ride Along

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Burgess finds herself in a difficult situation when she responds to a call while a civilian is in her car for a ride-along that was requested by Brennan. 

A ride along goes wrong; Burgess must make a difficult decision between following the advice of Voight, or a potential new ally.

The Chicago series have a nasty habit of seemingly always making the higher ups scumbags who are always shady and doing things that put "our heroes " in tuff situations.. I wish for once that wasn't the case... 

Oh also ppl who are "political " are always evil and don't care about the ppl like "our heroes "

• Love 4
4 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

The Chicago series have a nasty habit of seemingly always making the higher ups scumbags who are always shady and doing things that put "our heroes " in tuff situations.. I wish for once that wasn't the case... 

This is actually so annoying that I’d rather dump all 3 shows. Talk about lazy writing. (I haven’t seen this episode yet—not sure I want to—so I’m assuming) but do all 3 shows need mustache twirling villains for the “hero’s” to fight against?

• Love 3
On ‎18‎.‎10‎.‎2018 at 11:42 AM, TimetoShine said:

This is actually so annoying that I’d rather dump all 3 shows. Talk about lazy writing. (I haven’t seen this episode yet—not sure I want to—so I’m assuming) but do all 3 shows need mustache twirling villains for the “hero’s” to fight against?

While I think that there is a lot of corruption "upstairs", I agree that it's lazy writing. The stories are just so repetitive. Many procedurals follow patterns but not to the extent that each season Looks like the previous one (although, I think it's more obvious with Fire than PD).

• Love 3
On 19/10/2018 at 1:44 PM, hookedontv said:

Burgess finds herself in a difficult situation. Again. 

Shocking. 

Not. 

Also not shocking that Burgess fucks up multiple times and in the end gets away with pretty much zero reprocusions.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Also not shocking that Burgess fucks up multiple times and in the end gets away with pretty much zero reprocusions.

And stands there with a confused, mopey face. Ugh. I’m a Burgess hater. There, I said it. 

• Love 5
On 10/20/2018 at 1:08 PM, shksabelle said:

Yes, show, women can be corrupt a-holes too. Point made. Can we PLEASE lose Anne Heche now?

YESSSS!  She is the worst actress and I'm not sure how she ever got work.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

23 hours ago, hookedontv said:

And stands there with a confused, mopey face. Ugh. I’m a Burgess hater. There, I said it. 

Count me in too.  I have never liked her.

• Love 1

What killed me about this whole ride along scenario is that even small departments have a papertrail for a ride along, in which the rider (or in this case, the rider's parent) has to sign a slew of liability release forms, as this is an inherently dangerous activity, and both the girl and *KIM* should have been wearing bullet resistant vests.  There would be no way to hide that someone was there, and they don't allow someone with a rider to just drive around and take no calls, or do no police work for a shift.  The whole scenario and the whole issue of Kim's dilemma was so forced and false that I had a hard time going with it.  

• Love 6

All I could do was groan when I saw Antonio get into the car and reach for hydrocodone...please, let's not go down the whole "person has legit pain and instantly turns into an addict" storyline that's so popular these days.

That's not how it goes. Something like 1% of all patients who use opioids legitimately prescribed to them develop an addiction. The vast majority of people are just fine using them. But TV shows only serve to further the stigma that is already well in place for people with chronic pain issues.

• Love 4