Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E03: Whoopi Goldberg, Jamie Dornan, Rosamund Pike, Harry Connick Jr., BTS

• Start Topic

Graham's guests tonight are veteran comedian, actor and writer Whoopi Goldberg, The Fall and Fifty Shades star Jamie Dornan, Oscar-nominated actress and star of Gone Girl Rosamund Pike and singer and actor Harry Connick Jr. With music from South Korean boyband BTS, who perform Idol.

Jamie Dornan continues to be a dick (heh) about his participation in the Fifty Shades franchise. I have no problem with his dislike of fans wanting him to sign their boobs, but dude, those movies gave you financial and artistic freedom. Show a little respect. Ugh.

Whoopi Goldberg complaining about the American tabloids to a British audience was amusing, if deeply ironic.

Marie Helvin was an AMAZING journalist. Her death leaves a giant hole in reportage.

Graham's "Tic-tac/Nick Nack" mistake was adorable, as was his reaction to it.

I was a sleepwalker when I was younger, but I don't think I do it anymore. I'm a big sleeptalker still.

I was underwhelmed by BTS, but I'm also way outside its target audience.

• Love 6

Whoopi's continuing crush on Jamie Dornan is just so endearing. And that's about all I remember from this episode. Oh, wait: I realized I'm getting old as I thought those guys were NCT 127 - apparently that's a horrible mistake.

9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Yeah, I'm definitely not in their target audience, but still, I was underwhelmed. 

Basically an underwhelming show.

I find Rosamund Pike so unnerving, and I know it's completely irrational. The first (only?) thing I saw her in was Gone Girl and even when I hear her in her own accent which is clearly completely different, my instinct is don't trust her! Which I guess is a credit to her acting? I can't shake it, even when she's being a totally normal human on a chat show.

• Love 1
On 10/20/2018 at 11:12 AM, dubbel zout said:

I would rather have heard Harry sing.  But not in his little kid Louis Armstrong voice, that was creepy.

• Love 6
On 10/13/2018 at 10:41 PM, Corgi-ears said:

Oh. Wake up with wrappers. Yeah, that makes more sense. 

Also, Jamie, you must be the one who pooped by "process of elimination." Heee.

if there is one thing i miss about "the good ol days" is was that talking about pooping in any form was de classe. it still is. please people stop. it's disgusting in any form. it's not funny and it is crass. 

• Love 3

I would have been amused if the BTS fellows had made Jamie do an audition right there. The attempt at the dance moves would have been tv gold.

I was surprised when Whoopie said she'd been married 9 times.  So I looked it up, only 3. You'd think I would have gotten the joke, but no, it went zooming right past me.

When even Shakespeare made poops jokes, I think perhaps the 'good ol days' were as ever thus.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, attica said:

I was surprised when Whoopie said she'd been married 9 times.  So I looked it up, only 3. You'd think I would have gotten the joke, but no, it went zooming right past me.

LOL, I looked that up, too! I knew nine was an exaggeration, but I thought to myself, "Five wouldn't be out of line here." Heh.

6 minutes ago, attica said:

When even Shakespeare made poops jokes, I think perhaps the 'good ol days' were as ever thus.

Toilet humor is as old as mankind. Read The Canterbury Tales! Hell, read the ancient Greek dramatists.

• Love 2
On 10/20/2018 at 10:12 AM, dubbel zout said:

I don't know whether I was underwhelmed, because I couldn't see any of it because of all the flashing lights. 

On 10/21/2018 at 10:35 AM, TexasGal said:

I would rather have heard Harry sing.  But not in his little kid Louis Armstrong voice, that was creepy.

Oh, I loved the Louis Armstrong thing. 

About Harry Connick--I have a friend who works for the Jimmy Kimmel show, and I went to work with her one day to hang out behind the scenes.  The guests were Kevin Costner and Harry Connick, and there was going to be music.  And I was going to get to watch the rehearsal.  Yay!  Only come to find out it was Kevin Costner singing, and not Harry Connick.  The hell?

On 10/13/2018 at 8:41 PM, Corgi-ears said:

Also, Jamie, you must be the one who pooped by "process of elimination." Heee.

I'm thinking that one of his sisters is going to have a death-bed confession. 

On 10/26/2018 at 4:50 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

And I was going to get to watch the rehearsal.  Yay!  Only come to find out it was Kevin Costner singing, and not Harry Connick.  The hell?

LOL. Talk about a bait-and-switch!

On 10/26/2018 at 3:50 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I don't know whether I was underwhelmed, because I couldn't see any of it because of all the flashing lights.

Whenever I see a stage show like that, I always think of Drawn Together and its Pokemon spoof announcing that it's "here to destroy all and give children seizures!"