Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E40: HOH #15; Final Eviction; Winner!

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

I was surprised at Brett being so popular, maybe some just thought he was good looking to them and that was enough.

1 hour ago, Skycatcher said:

Sometimes it is. On TV JC was presented as an over-caffeinated joyful little scamp.  I could see where he would easily win AFP based on the show alone. On the feeds he was a totally repulsive perv and thoroughly disliked by almost all the feedsters. We were always amazed at the sweetheart edit he was getting from production.  There were others but none as egregious as that particular case. 

But Haleigh was popular and he was undermining her position.  He got the comedy edit but he was shown as very sneaky too.

Apologies in advance if someone else has already noted this. A truly hilarious moment early on in the finale was the shot of Assaroma in the audience. The left of the screen read "Best Selling Author."  Over to the right of the screen (with no explanation) was the word "Unhinged." Of course that's the name of her Trump book, but it could just be interpreted as the production's best adjective for HER.

• Love 5

This was over in the live feeds area but because some of you never go there I thought I should move the link here.  Originally posted by Lady Calypso there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=OAgJHQobFVg

This is about a long time rumor regards Bay and the video above with her reply.  The long and the short of it is:

Spoiler

The rumor was she was pregnant after sleeping with Swaggy in the House.  It turns out it was true.  But, sad news.  She lost the baby in a miscarriage while at the Jury House.

Edited by green
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, green said:

This was over in the live feeds area but because some of you never go there I thought I should move the link here.  Originally posted by Lady Calypso there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=OAgJHQobFVg

This is about a long time rumor regards Bay and the video above with her reply.  The long and the short of it is:

Reveal hidden contents

The rumor was she was pregnant after sleeping with Swaggy in the House.  It turns out it was true.  But, sad news.  She lost the baby in a miscarriage while at the Jury House.

Re: Baleigh being pregnant, this justcame up on my Google news feed

https://soapdirt.com/big-brother-bayleigh-dayton-pregnant-swaggy-c-confirms-instagram-story/

11 hours ago, Hanahope said:

I wish we had been shown more of her conversations of votes/strategy with people other than L6.  I really have no recall of any conversations she had with others.  I'm sure there probably was on the feeds, but not much made it into the game, whereas a large amount of Tyler's strategy was depicted.  Of course, that could be the primary fault of CBS showing us what they think we want to see, the guy playing a strategic game, rather than a woman playing a social game.

I'm fine with KC's win, being a comp beast is nothing to be sneezed at.  And I guess she had a good social game, but I just didn't see much of it beyond with L6 (at least on the show).  I do presume she spent a bit more time with Sam once the numbers dwindled, but the show seemed to just show Sam being by  herself.

I remember she had several conversations with Haleigh that aired toward the end (even suggesting they sleep in the same bed once Fessy left). They seemed to have a decent friendship, but then H was evicted on KC's HOH. And Haleigh was the only Hive/Foutte member to vote for Tyler.

Agreed with the rest that the proposal was dumb and inappropriate, especially to put her on the spot after she had not seen him for over 2 months. I do think production was aware, however, since I remember last season Cody specifically saying that he was told that he couldn't run up to Jessica as soon as they were onstage and that he had to wait for the winner reveal. So when Chris was able to stroll on over to Bayleigh without even a peep from Julie, I figured that production was all for it.

I wonder if some of Julie's rush with the jury questions was based simply on how verbose Kaycee, Tyler, & Angela were for A's eviction last week and even leading into JC's eviction. Since they've proven to be wordy over the last week, she probably felt the need to cap them.

8 hours ago, DrBriCa said:

I remember she had several conversations with Haleigh that aired toward the end (even suggesting they sleep in the same bed once Fessy left). They seemed to have a decent friendship, but then H was evicted on KC's HOH. And Haleigh was the only Hive/Foutte member to vote for Tyler.

When Haleigh was desperate for any kind of friend in there.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I was wondering how Swaggy was able to afford to spend all that time with Bayleigh's dad.

In terms of Bayleigh's pregnancy, I view that as a very private thing and am a bit surprised that type of thing would be made public. 

That really is a problem with the internet.  People tend to provide too much personal info, which opens up the door for others to comment on it.

About Bay's pregnancy being public.  Well that is on her totally. 

Spoiler

1.  She shouldn't have had sex on live TV feeds in front of thousands and thousands of people.    And BB provides free condoms to all the HG's and she chose not to have Swaggy use one even though he was fine with using one. 

2.  And she shouldn't be talking about being worried she was pregnant with Hay all the time after that on live feeds.  You sign-up for live TV and do what she did you live with the results of your actions.  I mean she knew it was all going out there on the internet.  You have to take responsibility for your actions.  Period. 

I'm very sorry she lost the baby but I'm not giving her some pass on all of her actions either. 

And Swaggy didn't have to afford anything to spend time with her family.  I'm sure BB even paid for his ticket to fly out there so they could film that corny "true luuuv" segment.  And once there, well he has no job -- no babysitting on occasion is not a steady job, shock -- and so he just basically moved into their house and even stayed in Bay's old bedroom and just mooched off of them.  They are well off and he is nothing but a gold digger in my opinion.

Edited by green
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, DrBriCa said:

Agreed with the rest that the proposal was dumb and inappropriate, especially to put her on the spot after she had not seen him for over 2 months. I do think production was aware, however, since I remember last season Cody specifically saying that he was told that he couldn't run up to Jessica as soon as they were onstage and that he had to wait for the winner reveal. So when Chris was able to stroll on over to Bayleigh without even a peep from Julie, I figured that production was all for it.

I wonder if some of Julie's rush with the jury questions was based simply on how verbose Kaycee, Tyler, & Angela were for A's eviction last week and even leading into JC's eviction. Since they've proven to be wordy over the last week, she probably felt the need to cap them.

Either that, or Cody had the respect to do what he was asked to do and Raggedy C didn't. I don't know what Julie could have done in that situation except to let it go and hope it was fast. What I found interesting is that when Tyler and Kaycee had exited the house and everyone was mingling in the background, Bayleigh, who hadn't seen her "true love" in several weeks, and had just been proposed to, was so busy socializing with everyone else, she barely even glanced at the guy. Now, maybe it's just me, but I thought it was odd. I just thought it looked like two extremely shallow and self involved people trying to get one more PAY ATTENTION TO ME minute out of their 15, 14, 13 ...........1. Time's up!! 

• Love 8

I went back and watched the reading of the votes.  Tyler knew he had lost when he was tied with Kaycee 4 - 4. 

Before Julie read the last juror vote (from Bayleigh), Tyler had mouth Kaycee.  He knew that Bayleigh wasn't going to vote for him (after their fallout in the house).

• Love 1
19 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I was wondering how Swaggy was able to afford to spend all that time with Bayleigh's dad.

In terms of Bayleigh's pregnancy, I view that as a very private thing and am a bit surprised that type of thing would be made public. 

That really is a problem with the internet.  People tend to provide too much personal info, which opens up the door for others to comment on it.

The fact that he spent so much time with Bayleigh's family was actually a dead givaway that something had happened I thought.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I just remember the days when people had limits on what personal information they were willing to share.  

Like not having sex on live TV?  Geez.  I can remember when Lucy and Desi, as a married couple, had to sleep in separate beds.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 10
On 2018-09-29 at 11:07 AM, icemiser69 said:

I am not surprised about it at all. Swaggy spends 23 days with this woman in the house, then gets evicted, does PR with her family and whips off some more merchandise, couple themed this time. I have no idea who would like to wear it, other than Rockstair and Scottie possibly, but he was all in on marketing. Probably had baby ones lined up too. I am hoping that he doesn't come out with miscarriage themed shirts. (1+1+1-1=2x$$$$$$)

On 2018-09-29 at 12:16 PM, green said:

About Bay's pregnancy being public.  Well that is on her totally. 

Hide contents

1.  She shouldn't have had sex on live TV feeds in front of thousands and thousands of people.    And BB provides free condoms to all the HG's and she chose not to have Swaggy use one even though he was fine with using one. 

2.  And she shouldn't be talking about being worried she was pregnant with Hay all the time after that on live feeds.  You sign-up for live TV and do what she did you live with the results of your actions.  I mean she knew it was all going out there on the internet.  You have to take responsibility for your actions.  Period. 

I'm very sorry she lost the baby but I'm not giving her some pass on all of her actions either. 

And Swaggy didn't have to afford anything to spend time with her family.  I'm sure BB even paid for his ticket to fly out there so they could film that corny "true luuuv" segment.  And once there, well he has no job -- no babysitting on occasion is not a steady job, shock -- and so he just basically moved into their house and even stayed in Bay's old bedroom and just mooched off of them.  They are well off and he is nothing but a gold digger in my opinion.

He went on the show thinking that he would be as successful as Paul with a clothing business, without any sort of experience or knowhow about it, or at least that's the way it looks to me. You don't have to be a fan of Paul to acknowledge that he is fairly intelligent and has the backing of his wealthy family behind him, along with a bucketful of charisma. Swaggy doesn't have any of that, just a showmance that they (and BB) are trying to convince us is real. I am not sure what Bayleigh's motivations are, other than being bored with her job and thinking it might be good to get on the reality train, since so many have become financially successful marketing their brands after their Bachelor Nation appearances. I suspect that BB doesn't bring in as much money or endorsements afterwards though.

On 2018-09-29 at 4:59 PM, greyflannel said:

Either that, or Cody had the respect to do what he was asked to do and Raggedy C didn't. I don't know what Julie could have done in that situation except to let it go and hope it was fast. What I found interesting is that when Tyler and Kaycee had exited the house and everyone was mingling in the background, Bayleigh, who hadn't seen her "true love" in several weeks, and had just been proposed to, was so busy socializing with everyone else, she barely even glanced at the guy. Now, maybe it's just me, but I thought it was odd. I just thought it looked like two extremely shallow and self involved people trying to get one more PAY ATTENTION TO ME minute out of their 15, 14, 13 ...........1. Time's up!! 

You're right! I didn't notice it at the time, but I did notice that she looked a little surprised at his proposal and I think went with it on the fly since it would probably garner her more followers on Twitter and Instagram. Again, $$$$.

Overall, a good season although I am a little disappointed in the winner. I thought there was a good chance that Kaycee would beat Tyler, and I think his responses to the Jury and his closing argument were much more disoraganzed than I would have expected. It's almost as if there was a night between JC leaving and the jury vote, and Tyler spent it getting drunk. I think Kaycee seems like a very nice person and she can probably use that money but I find her so incredibly boring. Tyler entertained me all summer. I do think he became way too distracted by Angela and almost didn't care as much when it came to jury management and the social aspect. He was still on point with fighting for the HOH and Vetos, but Kaycee physically is a very tough opponent.

I think that JC was clearly the villain of the season, and not the one you love to hate. He was just completely obnoxious with denigrating Fessy and everyone else he thought he was intellectually superior to, not to mention sexually assaulting the other houseguests. I kept thinking of him as an Evil Fetus and it was very disturbing. Shaving his head made him look like a child, as did wildly swinging his legs on chairs and over emphasizing his movements. It was nothing to do with his size, just how he chose to portray himself as a sexual predator with childlike traits. I didn't like Winston or Brett most of the time, but JC seems like a much nastier type of person.

Edited by PrePreBabylonia
Had to wrangle a missing "e"
  • Love 7

Bayleigh accepting the proposal- 

She did look surprised,  but he very unfairly put her on the spot. Perhaps if he'd had proposed  in private (like sensible people do) and not on television, she'd have a chance to talk about it. As in, let's date for a while before jumping into being engaged. With a public proposal, it's hard to say no without looking like a heartless bitch. She already had a bitchy meltdown on tv, she had no idea how the public would react to breaking  poor swaggys heart by saying no. (We would have cheered  her on, but she didn't know).

I thought all along  swaggy was an asshole, motivated to be famous. His proposal sealed that opinion. I didn't really like bayleigh that much, but I felt sorry for her in that moment.  I suspect that once she's back in the real world for a few weeks,  she might see swaggy a bit differently. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Paul definitely had a bucket full of "something". j/k  

It was kind of scary how Paul was able to "control" so many houseguests last season.  Really scary.  I still don't understand how he was able to do it.  Were the other houseguests all caught up into Paul being a BB veteran player?

The way I look at this show is that it's like gambling.  Sure, people are playing against each other, but the house always wins.  In BB's case, the house is production.  If you are on production's "side," they put the thumb on the scale in your favor.  

It's not 100% of course.  Occasionally, the house loses.  But if TPTB are making it clear that they favor a certain player, then there's a certain logic to aligning with that player.  That's what I think happened with Paul.  He was given a lot of power when he came into the house, which indicated immediately whose side TPTB were on.

It's one reason that I don't really blame anyone for getting in a showmance.  TPTB have put their thumb on the scale pretty blatantly in the past to protect a favored showmance, so I view it as a viable playing strategy.  Not a great strategy, but if you and another person have the ability to become America's sweethearts, well, then you might as well play that card and hope the house favors you.

YMMV.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Paul definitely had a bucket full of "something". j/k  

It was kind of scary how Paul was able to "control" so many houseguests last season.  Really scary.  I still don't understand how he was able to do it.  Were the other houseguests all caught up into Paul being a BB veteran player?

If you’ll recall, Paul had certain... “advantages”:

1. Unlike any previous BB season, Paul entered BB19 as a solo returning vet; besides in-House status considerations, Paul had a significant advantage in previous comp experience - more particularly, in those comps recycled from his original season.
  2. As an initial season twist, Paul entered the House with nine “Friendship” bracelets (one for himself, and one for each of eight other HGs) which had the power to confer first-eviction immunity.  Distribution of the bracelets was at Paul’s discretion - so not only did Paul have instant first-round immunity, he also had latitude in awarding immunity to HGs likely to be loyal to him.  This also created an immediate incentive among the rest of the HGs to align with Paul.
  3. Another BB19 twist introduced in Week 1 was the “Den of Temptation” where prizes (“advantages”) and punishments (“consequences”) were awarded to HGs by viewer vote.  Paul was unsurprisingly the recipient of the first Advantage: the Pendant of Ass* Protection, which granted Paul immunity from eviction for an additional three weeks.  I say “unsurprisingly” because as the sole returning vet, Paul was the only HG with a pre-existing fan base inclined to vote for him - so the Week 1 vote was hardly unbiased.  In any case, the benefits of this Advantage were twofold; eviction immunity for Weeks 2-4, and adverse action reduction with the other HGs who didn’t want to piss off someone guaranteed to be in the House for a while.  This created a long-term incentive among the rest of the HGs to align with Paul.

So, yeah - a solo returning vet with the power to confer advantages and guaranteed immunity for the ENTIRE FIRST MONTH of the season?  THAT might give you some extra sway in getting your way.  :P

* Okay, I added the “Ass” part myself - but considering we’re talking about Paul, I thought it entirely appropriate.

• Love 12
On 9/26/2018 at 11:09 PM, Rachel RSL said:

Bayleigh and Swaggy can just fuck off forever. That lame ass famewhorey proposal took up so much time that Julie had to practically speed read the votes. What idiot marries someone they’ve only known for 23 days? I give it 2 months tops before they break up.

Right?

I think they are both aiming for reality show infamy.  Probably looking to get on Amazing Race.  Then Marriage Boot Camp.  

Bayleigh is a pretty girl.  She can't do better than Swaggy?  He's not attractive.  

• Love 2

I was pleasantly surprised Kaycee won! I thought for sure Tyler had it against anyone in the final 5, at the very least. This just goes to show that production needs to stop shoving one particular person down our throats every year. Their winner was basically invisible for 90% of the season and now they just look goofy. Especially when Tyler legitimately had NO reason to be featured so much when he wasn't HOH or the veto holder. With Paul's excessive screentime, at least he was funny (objectively, of course). Tyler's DR's consisted of him umming and uhhing and sounding like he was high on shrooms. 

A lot of fans are crying bitter jury but I truly think a lot of the jury were undecided until Kaycee presented her case better.

I actually can't BELIEVE Tyler did not mention convincing Kaitlyn to backdoor Swaggy which I think was easily his best game move of the season. He saw an obvious leader of an opposing alliance, used the weak link to evict him, and that entire side of the house was left scrambling once he was gone. Instead he made it a point to repeatedly let Scottie and Sam know he was never really their friend, lied about not telling anyone about his app or being a superfan, and told Bayleigh that he "deliberately" treated her poorly while she was on the block because he wanted an enemy in the jury house, which is...complete nonsense.

Tyler may have played more game, but he couldn't for the life of him convey that to jury. I think once Kaycee said she treated everyone fairly and never made promises she couldn't keep, she had it. It was really that simple. 

• Love 7
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:20 PM, icemiser69 said:

I found it more than a bit creepy that Swaggy spent so much time with her parents.  Swaggy and Bayleigh haven't known each other very long.  She was still involved in the BB game, and he is some stranger spending time with her parents.  That would freak me out.

YES!   She didn't have a chance to introduce him to her parents - he just went ahead and introduced himself - and then STAYED!   that's pretty crazy.  

• Love 5
On 9/29/2018 at 1:59 PM, greyflannel said:

What I found interesting is that when Tyler and Kaycee had exited the house and everyone was mingling in the background, Bayleigh, who hadn't seen her "true love" in several weeks, and had just been proposed to, was so busy socializing with everyone else, she barely even glanced at the guy. Now, maybe it's just me, but I thought it was odd. I just thought it looked like two extremely shallow and self involved people trying to get one more PAY ATTENTION TO ME minute out of their 15, 14, 13 ...........1. Time's up!! 

I totally noticed that as well. He seemed a little more like he wanted to be near her, and she was acting like any other jury member who greets the F2, not some someone newly engaged.

• Love 4
On 9/30/2018 at 5:20 PM, icemiser69 said:

I found it more than a bit creepy that Swaggy spent so much time with her parents.  Swaggy and Bayleigh haven't known each other very long.  She was still involved in the BB game, and he is some stranger spending time with her parents.  That would freak me out.

On 10/2/2018 at 1:20 AM, backformore said:

YES!   She didn't have a chance to introduce him to her parents - he just went ahead and introduced himself - and then STAYED!   that's pretty crazy.  

I didn't do the math but I'm guessing at the time of the proposal, he had spend more time with her parents than he had with her.  And without a doubt, her parents got to know the real Chris and knows his true "in the real world" self, whom Bayleigh had NEVER met.

I find it all quite appalling and making a mockery of the seriousness and commitment required for a lasting and fulfilling marriage.  It is not something that should be taken so flippantly. 

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Love 4