Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E39: Head of Household #15

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Skyfall said:

And it’s the moment that might’ve ruined Tyler’s game. He retreated his social game after that and then Tangela happened.

I'm not sure how that ruined his game. All it did was make Bayleigh look batshit crazy. And I didn't see any change in his social game at all after that incident.  There was no retreating. 

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I'm not sure how that ruined his game. All it did was make make Bayleigh look batshit crazy. And I didn't see any change in his social game at all after that incident.  There was no retreating. 

Plus the guy is F3, likely F2, so there's that.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, watch2much said:

I kind of felt sorry for them replaying Bayleigh's entire melt down.  I thought it was cruel.  They could have shortened it.

But that's almost the point of shows like this. Put people in tough situations and see how they react. If someone has a meltdown, it will live on forever.

BB, Survivor,  Amazing Race, live for the extreme reactions.  if all contestants handle things with maturity and calm, fewer people would watch.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:
13 hours ago, BK1978 said:

JC is with Angela and Kaycee is with Tyler.  I thought that was pretty cool, I wonder if something like that has happened before.

And, as they mentioned, they were also all together in the upper corner of the memory wall!

Interesting!  The evidence against production just keeps piling up.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

rlzxz7kb94o11.gif

Awesome!

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, backformore said:

BB, Survivor,  Amazing Race, live for the extreme reactions.  if all contestants handle things with maturity and calm, fewer people would watch.

Thank you! It seems every season of Amazing Race, people claim there should be a rule against this and a penalty for that. And Gawd forbid someone drop a drawstring from a clue envelope on the ground. Litter! Disrespect to the country! Ugly American!

If all those penalties were put into place, we'd have a bunch of folks merely walking around as quickly as they can, making sure they don't do anything "wrong". How boring that would be.

I just watched this episode of BB. Or rather, I should say, I just Fast Forwarded through most of it. I don't know what the answer is, but it seems they could do away with these clip shows and still have plenty of material. The amount of time of events I didn't know before totaled about five minutes.

I didn't need to see Bay Leaf's super meltdown again. I remembered it from the first time.

Edited by mikewho
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dvr devotee said:

I mean, Bayleigh was screaming so intensely at him that her mouth literally started bleeding. I can't say that wouldn't have me retreating, either.

During Bae’s psychodrama, was it the side of her tongue or the inside of her cheek she bit?  I don’t immediately recall.

16 hours ago, green said:

But loved the Fessy Is Clueless About the Votes segment.  That part will never get old.  And the Cry Me a River DRs ending with Sam threatening to flee the place.  Also Brett vs Rockstar and Brett vs Granny.  (I wonder how some of the other HGs would have handled Granny compared to Brett's laid back, humorous way).  I do wish they had shown Rockstar's OTEV mess again though.

Every time they show that bit with Brett in the DR, just doing his normal DR session... and suddenly Granny's in the door calling "Breeeett. Where are you? I couldn't find you!" and Brett just grins? I crack up. He really did take his punishment in the best way and to be honest, all of them did. Rockstar whined a little in the beginning of her Jessie punishment but then she was all in. Rachel did break down a little before and after her Yeller but she was givin' it back just as good as she got it. Kaycee's peanut costume, Haleigh's Hamlet, Kaycee's Rainbow-tard... even Sam was all right with being a robot for awhile (to a point). I always appreciate when the HGs have just as much fun with the ridiculous punishments as we do watching them. And it helps that there's no one to really hate this year, unlike last season, so it wasn't like there were hoards of people hoping that Kaycee fell when singing her Tough Nut song.

And I don't think it was just the people who got the punishments because the house, whether in part or in full, was with all of them during their punishments, either cheering them on or doing them with them.

God, what a refreshing bunch after last season's raging assholes. 

5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I must have missed something.  I didn't know there were those types of "issues" with some of the competitions.

I would hate to think of what JC would have "scooped" out of granny.

Can someone explain this?

As to the first line, yeah, there were a lot of broken comps this season. There were many that were delayed or took longer than normal because they were broken. The worst was the HoH comp after Scottie got voted out and they had to find the tickets in the plastic balls and trade them in to Fessy for a ticket and a chance to roll a ball down a conveyor. Those little things that came out to block their hits broke something like four times in an hour. There was a time limit on that comp according to Julie as the show went off the air. The HoH comp continued for almost an hour longer than it was supposed to be because of things breaking.

As to the last line, Rough Kneecap Syndrome was one of the many fake maladies that Raven was dying of in the Big Brother house because two - count 'em, TWO - terminal illnesses weren't enough (and I have my doubts about one of those terminal illnesses because Raven Syndrome was diagnosed by a Swedish doctor via regular parcel USPS mail and only one other family in the world has it but they named it after Raven, of course). Rough Kneecap Syndrome came after her inverted spine and backwards epidural but before she claimed that she had endometriosis, which she said was an itchy painful rash on all of her internal organs. (For those playing along at home and don't know what endometriosis is.... it ain't that.)

Seriously. Raven. Come back. I HAVE SO MUCH MORE SNARK IN ME! I MISS YOU! Just leave MAAAAATHEEEEEEW and his boxes of cereal at home. 

5 minutes ago, Nashville said:

During Bae’s psychodrama, was it the side of her tongue or the inside of her cheek she bit?  I don’t immediately recall.

Inside of her cheek but she had thought she lost a tooth... from the force of yelling so much?

• Love 3

Why did this show wait until Angela was gone to show me a sympathetic version of her?  I still can't forgive her for her attack on Rachel (one in which Angela flat out denies in interviews), but I felt a great deal of empathy for her last night.  I have walls and I have been called an Ice Queen.  What I haven't done, is attack my BFFs and turned my back on them.  But I could handle Angela showing up as a veteran on a future season.  I reserve the right to change my opinion based on finale night behavior.

Watching the clips of Brett remind me of how much I despise Brett.  It boggles my mind that he has so many supporters on SM who find his vicious sense of humor rootable and even admirable.  I regret feeling for him during his "blindside".

*I just learned that a blindside can only refer to a person who did not participate in the veto comp.  Apparently Nakomis (BB5) thought up the concept back when the HOH controlled who played in the veto comps.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Inside of her cheek but she had thought she lost a tooth... from the force of yelling so much?

27 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Did they address the bleeding at all? I didn't see where it was discussed. She must have chomped down really hard on her cheek to bleed like that! 

4 hours ago, watch2much said:

I kind of felt sorry for them replaying Bayleigh's entire melt down.  I thought it was cruel.  They could have shortened it.

Agreed.  And while others seemed to love it, I was very uncomfortable that we were supposed to laugh at Sam's melt down in the DR.  That seemed more like a break down than a temper tantrum.  It reminds me of how they aired Zach's crying break down when he was clearly momentarily unstable.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Wings said:

Oh but you did!  The 2 clips of Sam were worth it.  So good. 

And the DR recaps... why the hell do I always enjoy the short marathon clip of HGs crying in the DR so fucking much???  Guess I’m just warped that way - but the boo-hoo-after-boo-hoo-fest starts, and I’m already cackling before they’re a quarter of the way through.  THIS is what these people choose to cry over!?!?  :D

On the plus side, though, it’s a good thing I stopped playing The Crying Game when I did - I’m too damn old for hangovers, and THIS bunch of spouting waterworks would’ve put me on the organ donation list for a new liver.

*Especially* Hay.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Had Bae lost a tooth - or did Bae say she’d blown a clot from where she’d had her wisdom teeth taken out right before entering the House?  That sounds familiar (albeit implausible).

1 minute ago, Nashville said:

Had Bae lost a tooth - or did Bae say she’d blown a clot from where she’d had her wisdom teeth taken out right before entering the House?  That sounds familiar (albeit implausible).

Yes, she said she thought she might have lost a clot because she had her wisdom teeth pulled just before she entered.  She would have been complaining about a sore tongue or cheek had that been it.  Either of those is really painful.  

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Wings said:

Yes, she said she thought she might have lost a clot because she had her wisdom teeth pulled just before she entered.  She would have been complaining about a sore tongue or cheek had that been it.  Either of those is really painful.  

Yep - plus, the blood clot is the very first stage of your mouth’s soft tissue healing related to a wisdom tooth extraction; it’s only around for the first week or so, unless you blow the clot THEN.  The clot gets absorbed into the new tissue your mouth builds to heal the surgery wound, and that soft tissue healing process is usually complete in something like 3-4 weeks.  

Bae’s screamfest happened on Day 50 - so even if she had her wisdom teeth out and entered the House the very next day, that clot would have been history some 2-3 weeks before.

18 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Yep - plus, the blood clot is the very first stage of your mouth’s soft tissue healing related to a wisdom tooth extraction; it’s only around for the first week or so, unless you blow the clot THEN.  The clot gets absorbed into the new tissue your mouth builds to heal the surgery wound, and that soft tissue healing process is usually complete in something like 3-4 weeks.  

Bae’s screamfest happened on Day 50 - so even if she had her wisdom teeth out and entered the House the very next day, that clot would have been history some 2-3 weeks before.

Yes, the timing seems to be off for that but she seemed to think that is what happened..  If she still had a clot, she is lucky she didn't get a dry socket which can be extremely painful.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, sunshine23 said:

I am always the unpopular vote, but I love Jeff. If only he'd brought Jordan too. 

I don’t like Jeff the way I used to, but his relationship with Jordan still amuses me when I think about it. I’m glad they’re still together.

2 hours ago, Wings said:

Yes, the timing seems to be off for that but she seemed to think that is what happened..  If she still had a clot, she is lucky she didn't get a dry socket which can be extremely painful.  

Maybe I'm giving TPTB too much credit, but I would have figured that in the case of a show like BB, TAR, or Survivor, contestants would only be allowed to participate if they were in good health, and especially not recovering from any recent surgery. You're not even supposed to do moderate exercise for like a week following wisdom tooth extraction, let alone go stand on a tiny ledge on a tilting "tree" and hold yourself there for an hour. I would assume insurers would not want to cover a HG who is at higher risk than usual for injury, especially when there are thousands of other contestants to choose from.

6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I just learned that a blindside can only refer to a person who did not participate in the veto comp.  Apparently Nakomis (BB5) thought up the concept back when the HOH controlled who played in the veto comps.

That’s actually a “backdoor”, a term which the hamsters constantly use incorrectly. Drives me crazy!

• Love 1
17 hours ago, backformore said:

But that's almost the point of shows like this. Put people in tough situations and see how they react. If someone has a meltdown, it will live on forever.

yes, I understand but it was seen once.  I just object to them showing the entire thing.....I'm sure Sam had a lot more crazy moments than they showed but they chose to keep hers to a minimum.

20 hours ago, Wings said:

Cruel to whom?  I think it was fabulous they showed her full frontal bitch rant. 

ETA.  I checked your profile to see if you might be Swaggy or some new poster who knows Bayleigh! LOL 

no, not Swaggy and no fan of Bayleigh, either.  I just felt repeating the entire thing was cruel.  JMHO.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, watch2much said:

yes, I understand but it was seen once.  I just object to them showing the entire thing.....I'm sure Sam had a lot more crazy moments than they showed but they chose to keep hers to a minimum.

no, not Swaggy and no fan of Bayleigh, either.  I just felt repeating the entire thing was cruel.  JMHO.

I see where you’re coming from; fact is, though, this particular eruption of Mount St. Bayleigh has already been Internet-ensconced for all immortality, to be replayed over and over again.  Search YouTube for “BB20 Bayleigh”, and two of the top three hits currently returned are vids of her meltdown - which have already collected a cumulative view count total in the neighborhood of a quarter-million views to date.

So in truth, I doubt one more broadcast inclusion is going to make that much difference.

Moral: don’t do anything in front of the BB cameras you’re not comfortable with the world seeing - because it will.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Lamima said:

I still think the Sam crazy was part an act. That little clip seemed so perfectly executed and not off the hinges at all. 

Then she is the greatest actress in history.  Though to maintain the crazy 24/7 for appox 90 days is, well, insane as well, heh.  Plus there would be absolutely no reason for putting on an act.  it doesn't benefit her in the game.  It ruins her sweet girl from down home image.  It serves no point to fake it.

Edited by green
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, green said:
1 hour ago, Lamima said:

I still think the Sam crazy was part an act. That little clip seemed so perfectly executed and not off the hinges at all. 

Then she is the greatest actress in history.  Though to maintain the crazy 24/7 for appox 90 days is, well, insane as well, heh.  Plus there would be absolutely no reason for putting on an act.  it doesn't benefit her in the game.  It ruins her sweet girl from down home image.  It serves no point to fake it.

Have you ever felt off the hinges? If not, you wouldn't recognize it. And as GREEN said, why would she DO that? And for 90 days, give or take? I don't think anybody could play that for 90 days.

• Love 1
On 9/24/2018 at 6:00 PM, dvr devotee said:

Maybe I'm giving TPTB too much credit, but I would have figured that in the case of a show like BB, TAR, or Survivor, contestants would only be allowed to participate if they were in good health, and especially not recovering from any recent surgery. You're not even supposed to do moderate exercise for like a week following wisdom tooth extraction, let alone go stand on a tiny ledge on a tilting "tree" and hold yourself there for an hour. I would assume insurers would not want to cover a HG who is at higher risk than usual for injury, especially when there are thousands of other contestants to choose from.

That is why I was surprised they kept Christmas around after her injury, she couldn't compete in any physical challenges, I wonder if she threatened to sue or something if they kicked her our being the injury happened in the house

3 hours ago, Lamima said:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess you’re not that familiar with Southern woman crazy.  When I was younger I pretty much quasi-exclusively dated Southern women, and I can tell you right now - Sam’s level of SWC barely makes it to the pro/am circuit.  ;>

On 9/24/2018 at 8:00 PM, dvr devotee said:

Maybe I'm giving TPTB too much credit,

Probably - but go ahead....  ;)

but I would have figured that in the case of a show like BB, TAR, or Survivor, contestants would only be allowed to participate if they were in good health, and especially not recovering from any recent surgery. You're not even supposed to do moderate exercise for like a week following wisdom tooth extraction, let alone go stand on a tiny ledge on a tilting "tree" and hold yourself there for an hour. I would assume insurers would not want to cover a HG who is at higher risk than usual for injury, especially when there are thousands of other contestants to choose from.

Most likely depends upon two things:

1. Disclosure.  TPTB probably can’t be held liable for a pre-game issue if the prospective HG willfully withholds that information.  And I’d be pretty dern certain the boilerplate in the HG contract contains a few juicy clauses which grant Production immunity from liability under such circumstances.
  2. Age of consent.  BB is better than many about treating its contestants like bona fide adults, in the sense that (within the confines of the House rules) HGs are pretty much free to act as they choose, AND suffer the consequences of those actions.  That’s also probably a major part of the reason BB takes pains to ensure a HG under the age of majority never slips through the cracks.  The youngest-ever contestant was age 19 (Michelle Maradie, BB4), the next-youngest was 20 (Daniele Donato, BB8) - and other than those two, every one of the (to date) 250 other BB HGs has been of legal drinking age when they walked into the House.
  • Love 2