Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

At the moment, I foresee a lot of confusion and misunderstanding, leading to unhappiness and anger of those that have stuck with TWD through everything  --  God bless their souls

"God bless their souls" indeed, The way I see it, is that the movie has two things going for it, firstly that Rick will be seen alive again, which many people will genuinely, sincerely care about, the other is that Anne / Jadis will also be seen again, which most people in all honesty,  couldn't care less about. One has to ask oneself, is that reason enough to invest millions of dollars in a very risky movie venture?

Not with my money it wouldn't, I really want the movies to succeed, I really do, but as I mentioned before, how can they fill 90 minutes with enough quality to make anyone pay movie theatre prices? something they haven't managed to do for several years now. 😪

• Love 3
7 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

You can't produce stand-alone movies - set in the current or future time - about the (I would argue) main character, while the show still lives, but not have any sense of connection to the still on-going series.

Exactly. Imagine if the first Trek movie had featured Kirk, but no Spock, Bones, Uhura, etc? Who would have cared to see it? The movies showed the passage of time but totally tied in to the original series and our memories.

If the movie features only Rick - never mind Jadis. No one cares about her - what connection will there be to the show? Zombies? Will anyone care about Rick without a single other member of CDB? It was the group we cared about, well, up to a point. And will the movie pick up from Rick's exit in the Magic Helicopter, or start 10 years down the road? I just can't see it. BUT, I guess TPTB are hoping for yet more $$$ until not another penny can be wrung from this.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Exactly. Imagine if the first Trek movie had featured Kirk, but no Spock, Bones, Uhura, etc? Who would have cared to see it? The movies showed the passage of time but totally tied in to the original series and our memories.

If the movie features only Rick - never mind Jadis. No one cares about her - what connection will there be to the show? Zombies? Will anyone care about Rick without a single other member of CDB? It was the group we cared about, well, up to a point. And will the movie pick up from Rick's exit in the Magic Helicopter, or start 10 years down the road? I just can't see it. BUT, I guess TPTB are hoping for yet more $$$ until not another penny can be wrung from this.

Oh my goodness, could you imagine.

Considering each season covers only a few days, 10 years worth of (more) mileage on Rick would have him looking like a living Walker, IE a walking bag of bones and the failing skin condition to match - who's constantly tripping over his ground-length beard.

Another thing working against it  -  with the news that DG is out after this season, the Richonners will be (likely somewhat) reluctant to go watch.

• Love 2

Considering each season covers only a few days, 10 years worth of (more) mileage on Rick would have him looking like a living Walker, IE a walking bag of bones and the failing skin condition to match - who's constantly tripping over his ground-length beard.

Maybe he's been in relative luxury in some Ikea palace with Jadis. like post-apocalyptic "Honeymooners", or something. That, I might enjoy.

• LOL 3
12 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

You're assuming they'll be 90+ minutes, @OoohMaggie.  I hope you're right, but I could just as well see them also only being like an extended version of a 'longer' episode.  IE, only 70-79+ minutes, tops.

Oh don't say that, we've seen how much of a letdown some of the extended episodes have been, i'm hoping they'll use the extra time to squeeze out a decent story.

I do think that DG leaving has something to do with the movies, I think they realise that Rick alone is not a big enough draw, if it was to be revealed later that he meets up with Michonne and what's his name kid, that would get a lot more people through the doors. I guess we'll see when she leaves, or more importantly, how she leaves and whether the brat goes with. Maybe the beautiful one will also make an appearance.

Heath is still AWOL, maybe they'll rope him in.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

You don't mean, like, her shaving and sculpting him nude like she wanted to do back in S7 or 8 - do you??

Now, don't exaggerate! She didn't sculpt him, but merely took Polaroids of him in his drawers.😂 But, that's an idea: Jadis wants to hold sculpting classes in their new digs and needs Ricky to model. He protests, they argue, she figures out ways to trick him to do what she wants.  Uproarious antics result. Canned laughter abounds. Yes, would definitely watch.

• LOL 1
13 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Now, don't exaggerate! She didn't sculpt him, but merely took Polaroids of him in his drawers.😂 But, that's an idea: Jadis wants to hold sculpting classes in their new digs and needs Ricky to model. He protests, they argue, she figures out ways to trick him to do what she wants.  Uproarious antics result. Canned laughter abounds. Yes, would definitely watch throw up all over the damn theater.

FTFY

• LOL 4
2 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Yes, would definitely watch throw up all over the damn theater.

Hey, let's not go overboard. Theater? Nothing could pursuade me to pay my hard-earned money to see any variation of "Rick Grimes: The Adventure Continues", although I admit I'm curious as to what kind of far-fetched plotline he'll be given.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Hey, let's not go overboard. Theater? Nothing could pursuade me to pay my hard-earned money to see any variation of "Rick Grimes: The Adventure Continues", although I admit I'm curious as to what kind of far-fetched plotline he'll be given.

Don’t exclude the “$1 matinee” options.

😄

• LOL 3
21 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Yeah, there is no way in hell I'm seeing this "film" anywhere but my living room, when it comes out on netflix or HBO. I'm not spending an extra penny on this. 

You could always wait for the $1.00 dvd bin at Walmart; shouldn’t take long.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Oh don't say that, we've seen how much of a letdown some of the extended episodes have been, i'm hoping they'll use the extra time to squeeze out a decent story.

I do think that DG leaving has something to do with the movies, I think they realise that Rick alone is not a big enough draw, if it was to be revealed later that he meets up with Michonne and what's his name kid, that would get a lot more people through the doors. I guess we'll see when she leaves, or more importantly, how she leaves and whether the brat goes with. Maybe the beautiful one will also make an appearance.

Heath is still AWOL, maybe they'll rope him in.

I wasn't a fan of 'Richonne' on the show, as I didn't see their connection in that way personally.  So, wanting to see it on a "big screen" (first) format??

tenor.gif?itemid=7663264

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Don’t exclude the “$1 matinee” options.

Not even if it's "FREE!" You still have to get in your car, drive to some vast, hellish mall, find a place to park, stand in line for a ticket (in this case maybe not) and enter a tacky cinderblock bunker full of people acting as though they were raised by wolves and who are carrying on as though they're in their living rooms with their buddies. THEN, you get about 1/2 hour of frickin' commercials (I should pay to watch commercials?) and the movie finally appears and you strain to hear the dialogue (even though it's at playing at window-shattering decibels ) over the sound of cell phone chatting and face-timing or whatever the hell they do. By then, your regret at your decision to attend is at suicide-inducing levels.  I wouldn't go through that for anyone or anything, but for Rick Grimes? I think not.

1 hour ago, Superclam said:

Yeah, there is no way in hell I'm seeing this "film" anywhere but my living room, when it comes out on netflix or HBO. I'm not spending an extra penny on this. 

x2!

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I stopped watching TWD, so I have no idea who Connie is...

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey's, Downton Abbey, Young Sheldon, Flash, Good Doctor, Supernatural and More
By Michael Ausiello / September 18 2019,
https://tvline.com/2019/09/18/downton-abbey-movie-spoilers-lady-mary-scene/

Question: Since Danai Gurira is leaving The Walking Dead, is the little girl who plays Judith leaving, too? She’s a really good child actor! —Lisa
Ausiello
: When TVLine asked EP Greg Nicotero that very question on the Saturn Awards red carpet, it sure didn’t sound like Cailey Fleming would be hanging up her hat during Season 10 of the AMC drama (which kicks off Sunday, Oct. 6). “Oh, that would be so sad” if she left, he said. “Cailey’s such a rock star. I would find that very hard to believe.”

Question: I don’t think any romance is happening given that the Whisperers are on the war path, but any intel on #Donnie from The Walking Dead? I don’t know how it happened, but I find them delightful. And I’m encouraged because it seems like the actors and Angela Kang seem supportive about the pairing. — E Sanchez
Ausiello:
The AMC series’ showrunner is indeed supportive of the pairing. After Season 9, “a lot of us felt there was some really interesting chemistry” between Daryl and Connie, she tells TVLine. In fact — perhaps in anticipation of exploring that chemistry in Season 10 — Kang sat down with Norman Reedus, who plays Carol’s perpetually-single bestie. “We’ve talked about, ‘What does a relationship for Daryl look like? Is he capable of it? Where is his heart?’ All of that,” she says. “Norman thinks very deeply about his character and has such good instincts, so we like to kind of check in with him and ask, ‘What are you thinking about this?'” (My guess: It’s a go.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Not even if it's "FREE!" You still have to get in your car, drive to some vast, hellish mall, find a place to park, stand in line for a ticket (in this case maybe not) and enter a tacky cinderblock bunker full of people acting as though they were raised by wolves and who are carrying on as though they're in their living rooms with their buddies. THEN, you get about 1/2 hour of frickin' commercials (I should pay to watch commercials?) and the movie finally appears and you strain to hear the dialogue (even though it's at playing at window-shattering decibels ) over the sound of cell phone chatting and face-timing or whatever the hell they do. By then, your regret at your decision to attend is at suicide-inducing levels.  I wouldn't go through that for anyone or anything, but for Rick Grimes? I think not.

x2!

Yeah - but I’d prefer being able to throw up all over the theater & leave, vs. throwing up in my own living room where *I’d* have to clean it up.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

x2!

O.M.G.   Are you in the portion of my brain where stubbornness resides?

Despite almost always getting spoiled on the really big things about major movies - what with the internet and social media, blabbermouths at work, etc -  because of waiting until they come out on home media formats, I would rather get the roots of my teeth drilled while watching paint dry on a ceiling than go through all that you described just to watch a movie in a theater.  No matter how much I might want to see it ASAP.

And I know I'm going to spend money, even if just a little, to get a many-times-rewatchable version at home so why waste precious income on overpriced tickets and snacks, too??

• LOL 2

I'm only guessing here, but when TPTB say the show will only be viewable at theatres, that they are referring to the same selected theatres that the previous Walking Dead & fear The Walking dead double bill were shown at. There is surely no possibility that TWD movie could be given a general, country wide release, as any normal Dwayne, The Rock / Cock, Johnson would receive?

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I'm only guessing here, but when TPTB say the show will only be viewable at theatres, that they are referring to the same selected theatres that the previous Walking Dead & fear The Walking dead double bill shows were shown at, some time ago. There is surely no possibility that TWD movie could be given a general, country wide release, as any normal Dwayne, The Rock / Cock, Johnson would receive?

My thoughts exactly.  I bet it's one of those Fathom Events.  Which cost MORE than regular movies.  Lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

why waste precious income on overpriced tickets and snacks, too??

Yes, because you have to practically be strip-searched at the entrance to make sure you're not smuggling in a box of "Glossettes". If you have a snack attack you must buy their pretend-fresh popcorn and pay extra to have it drenched in cooking oil with yellow food colouring drops, and a soft drink that is 6" of ice and 1" of product.

*sigh* I remember when going to a movie was a highly anticipated event and nothing but enjoyable.

I wasn't a fan of 'Richonne' on the show, as I didn't see their connection in that way personally. 

Same. I always saw it as an "any port in a storm" thing. But then, nearly all the relationships on this show seemed very forced to me, except (and don't throw tomatoes at me please!) Andrea and the Gov. That was the only time I ever saw anything approaching a natural progession and any chemistry at all between the participants.  I guess Kirkman and the Gimp just don't "do" mature, romantic interaction between adults very well. Maybe Negan and his rape victims are more up their alley? Who knows?

• Love 4
15 hours ago, peach said:

My thoughts exactly.  I bet it's one of those Fathom Events.  Which cost MORE than regular movies.  Lol.

I forgot about that, and you'll have to sit next to some nerd dressed as Daryl who'll be whooping every ten seconds, joy!

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 3
12 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I bought into 'Glaggie' enough - as it was between two consenting healthy young-ish adults looking for something to help them get through a non-ending shitstorm - but that was about the only one.  (although I see what you mean about the Andrea/Gov. thing, @AngelaHunter)

I thought 'they' worked really well, her early putdowns lightened the loooong stay at the farm.

• Love 1

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius. Commander of the Armies of the North. General of the Felix Legions. Loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next,"                                                                   "Now where is that little bald bitch?"

TWD_1001_GP_0622_0287_RT_180_cw180_ch180_thumb.jpg

TWD_1001_GP_0622_0418_RT_180_cw180_ch180_thumb.jpg

TWD_1001_GP_0622_0596_RT_180_cw180_ch180_thumb.jpg

TWD_1001_GP_0622_0627_RT_180_cw180_ch180_thumb.jpg

TWD_1001_GP_0622_0796_RT_180_cw180_ch180_thumb.jpg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 3
Just now, OoohMaggie said:

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius. Commander of the Armies of the North. General of the Felix Legions. Loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife'and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next,                                                                   Now where is that little bald bitch?"

TWD_1001_GP_0622_0287_RT_180_cw180_ch180_thumb.jpg

TWD_1001_GP_0622_0418_RT_180_cw180_ch180_thumb.jpg

TWD_1001_GP_0622_0596_RT_180_cw180_ch180_thumb.jpg

TWD_1001_GP_0622_0627_RT_180_cw180_ch180_thumb.jpg

TWD_1001_GP_0622_0796_RT_180_cw180_ch180_thumb.jpg

"I am Negan Spartacus!"

• LOL 4
20 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius. Commander of the Armies of the North. General of the Felix Legions. Loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife'and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next,                         Now where is that little bald bitch?" "     

OH dear lawdy! The comparison is postively brutal.

"Soooo...are you NOT entertained? Want me to talk about my dick? About how I could screw your brains out?"

twdnegan_gp_1001_0150_rt.jpg

• LOL 3
On 9/18/2019 at 1:34 PM, tv echo said:

Question: I don’t think any romance is happening given that the Whisperers are on the war path, but any intel on #Donnie from The Walking Dead? I don’t know how it happened, but I find them delightful. And I’m encouraged because it seems like the actors and Angela Kang seem supportive about the pairing. — E Sanchez
Ausiello:
The AMC series’ showrunner is indeed supportive of the pairing. After Season 9, “a lot of us felt there was some really interesting chemistry” between Daryl and Connie, she tells TVLine. In fact — perhaps in anticipation of exploring that chemistry in Season 10 — Kang sat down with Norman Reedus, who plays Carol’s perpetually-single bestie. “We’ve talked about, ‘What does a relationship for Daryl look like? Is he capable of it? Where is his heart?’ All of that,” she says. “Norman thinks very deeply about his character and has such good instincts, so we like to kind of check in with him and ask, ‘What are you thinking about this?'” (My guess: It’s a go.)

The actors do have some chemistry and Daryl is looking less like he spent the night in an oil drum with a dead possum these days, so there's that.  I'm guessing when he got bumped to "lead" in the wake of sweaty Ricky G's departure, TPTB told Reedus he had to at least give the appearance of maintaining minimal standards of hygiene since he's supposedly the main draw now.  The downside of a potential pairing is that we've seen repeatedly that Reedus is only as strong as his scene partner, which in this case will mean lots more furious note passing and mumbling to translate Connie's signing as we know Daryl will magically manage to become fluent in sign language over the break.  I find the actress likable enough and she certainly seems more than competent, but Reedus doesn't exactly have the best track record for enunciating his lines in a way that's always decipherable to human ears without closed captioning. 

Hey, maybe there's a metaphor for the relationship there.

You guys and those pics of the Oceanside Roman League are killing me.  Now I'm going to be dreading the inevitable Negan Biggus Dickus monologue.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

The downside of a potential pairing is that we've seen repeatedly that Reedus is only as strong as his scene partner,

Accurate. He's a great sidekick and follower, well, he used to be when he spoke in comprehensible sentences but he's no leader. Monologues are mandatory for every leader on this show and I can't see ol' Monosyllabic Mumbles doing that.

1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

in this case will mean lots more furious note passing and mumbling to translate Connie's signing as we know Daryl will magically manage to become fluent in sign language over the break.

I saw a movie called "Children of a Lesser God" about a relationship between the hearing William Hurt (expert in sign language) and deaf Marlee Maitlin. For the entire movie, he would speak while signing to her, she would reply in sign and he would then repeat out loud what she said. It looked ridiculous, because why would he repeat what she said when they were the only two people there? It was only for the benefit of the viewers, and we weren't supposed to be witnessing their conversations.

I did like the movie, but this got very old and very annoying very quickly. They should have used CC instead, as they do when someone speaks a foreign language, and if this thing happens with Daryl and Connie I really hope they use CC for her lines. Poor Daryl would spontaneously combust  if he had to spit out more than 10 or so words per episode.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

The actors do have some chemistry and Daryl is looking less like he spent the night in an oil drum with a dead possum these days, so there's that.  I'm guessing when he got bumped to "lead" in the wake of sweaty Ricky G's departure, TPTB told Reedus he had to at least give the appearance of maintaining minimal standards of hygiene since he's supposedly the main draw now.  The downside of a potential pairing is that we've seen repeatedly that Reedus is only as strong as his scene partner, which in this case will mean lots more furious note passing and mumbling to translate Connie's signing as we know Daryl will magically manage to become fluent in sign language over the break.  I find the actress likable and she certainly seems more than competent enough, but Reedus doesn't exactly have the best track record for enunciating his lines in a way that's always decipherable to human ears without closed captioning. 

Hey, maybe there's a metaphor for the relationship there.

You guys and those pics of the Oceanside Roman League are killing me.  Now I'm going to be dreading the inevitable Negan Biggus Dickus monologue.

I'm sure he'll manage in his own Daryl-ish way, with some coaching from his pal Negan...

-  points at eye
Want  -  folds forearms up and across his chest
To  -  holds up two fingers
F*  -  holds up middle finger
You  -  points at her

• LOL 2

^^ But TPTB have gone out of their way to present Daryl as a neuter. Not once in all these 10 long years has he ever displayed even an iota of interest in any woman, not even by a glance. Either he IS a neuter or has taken a vow of chastity. IF not he must have a raging case of carpal tunnel syndrome in his right hand. Maybe his left as well. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

F*  -  holds up middle finger

I don't know about where you are, but here in the UK Daryl would 'probably' be getting a smack in the face 🖕, especially if he's trying to be 'romantic' 😋

Edited by OoohMaggie
one too many 'be'
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

I don't know about where you are, but here in the UK Daryl would be 'probably' be getting a smack in the face 🖕, especially if he's trying to be 'romantic' 😋

Same here!😂 GIving "the finger" is not considered romantic.

Since Daryl is not partial to using words for any reason, maybe his courtship could be done with signs and pictograms: (and this is too silly even for me so I'm done)

daryl-dixon-norman-reedus-huge-paycheck-1112642-1280x0 copy.jpg

• LOL 4
11 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Since Daryl is not partial to using words for any reason, maybe his courtship could be done with signs and pictograms: (and this is too silly even for me so I'm done)

At least it would avoid any unpleasant confusion, I think, although with Connie being a classy lady, he'd still get a smack in the face 🤕

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 2
58 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

, I think, although with Connie being a more classy lady, he'd still get a smack in the face 🤕

I don't know, but I do know I need advance notice if Daryl is going to get it on with anyone so I can get popcorn ready and set up my DVR to record it. I know it will be in total darkness and I better not blink, but still - an occasion worth preserving for posterity.

Someone better take my Photoshop away too. This show is inspiring too many atrocities.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I've lost most, if not all interest in the show. I still haven't watched this week's episode of FTWD, and it feels like a chore that I have to do. I have no enthusiasm for the return of TWD. What's next after the inevitable defeat of the Whisperers, a villainous band that dresses as characters from The Brady Brunch?

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

What's next after the inevitable defeat of the Whisperers, a villainous band that dresses as characters from The Brady Brunch?

It was always a strange desire for a child of my age, but watching the irritating Housekeeper Alice, being slowly devoured by a group of the undead would have, and does get my full approval, count me in 😈

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, Gobi said:

I've lost most, if not all interest in the show. I still haven't watched this week's episode of FTWD, and it feels like a chore that I have to do. I have no enthusiasm for the return of TWD.

I don't watch any of the off-shoots, spin-offs or whatever but watching TWD is a chore for me too. I do it just for the live posting thread and to come here and join the hilarity. It's kind of the way I promise myself a glass of wine as a reward if I go and rake leaves for an hour.

3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

It doesn't fill my heart with eager anticipation,

I actually set my VPN to United Kingdom to watch that. 🙄 It did not fill me with the "Oh, can't wait!" feeling.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I actually set my VPN to United Kingdom to watch that. 🙄 It did not fill me with the "Oh, can't wait!" feeling.

Apologies, i've never had that happen before, it's usually the other way around, this should work in US/CAN,

• Love 1

You would have thought that these table reading exercises, would be the perfect opportunity for people to raise the point that what they are reading is complete bollocks, my character says or does what? are you fkin kidding me? a ten year old girl is going to do what with that hand cannon? 😱 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I don't care about the show anymore, so go ahead and spoil me.

But I have to know, are Rosita and Eugene together, and is that their baby in the pics for the upcoming season? 

(if so) I guess Rosita has a type, considering who she was with when they first showed up.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

But I have to know, are Rosita and Eugene together, and is that they're baby in the pics for the upcoming season? 

Spoiler

The father of the baby is Siddiq!

Edited by OoohMaggie
17 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

But I have to know, are Rosita and Eugene together,

Are they together? There seems to be a very strange Triumvirate of males forming a relationship with Rosita, with Father PP, Eugene and Siddiq, all seeming  to have an input into the child's welfare, as they say, just watch this space!

Edited by OoohMaggie
19 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Are they together? There seems to be a very strange Triumvirate relationship going on with Rosita, with Father PP, Eugene and Siddiq, all seeming  to have an input into the child's welfare, as they say, just watch this space!

Three Men and a Baby and Zombies.

• LOL 7