Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, BellyLaughter said:

It's a curious choice to (presumably) present nothing truly earth shattering in the season final.... for a show that has shed half its audience in the past 2 seasons you'd think they would be desperate to hook what's left of it.....

This show specializes in cutting off its nose to spite its face.  I don't know, maybe they think it makes them artistes or something.

• Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:57 PM, OoohMaggie said:

I get it’s pointless to ask why our communities aren’t living in southern climes where they can grow food all year round, and where winter storms and snow wouldn’t put their lives at risk

But, I guess the south has extreme heat spells, droughts, tropical storms/hurricanes... I've always thought there's no perfect place to live. What, too, about disease to crops in a time where there aren't pesticides and such. No perfect place in our times; worse in a ZA. Also, refridgeration should be a bigger issue in the south. But then again, never has been so far! lol

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:35 PM, Nashville said:

I'm also very confused about distances in this area.  One day Alexandria and Hilltop are close enough

In the show, they place fast and lose with this. OoohMaggie, I thought you once posted a map of the supposed area?

Nowadays, Alexandria is about 15-20 minutes by car (7miles) outside of Washington DC. I thought Hilltop was supposed to be near Culpepper, VA. An online site says distance between the Alexandria, VA and Culpepper is 77 miles (124 km), a 1 hour 30 min drive by car. Not a close trip by foot. Says would take 3.56 gallons of gas.

For fun, article: Where Is Everything Located on The Walking Dead? Tara and Heath were on a 2 week trip before finding Oceanside. The Chesapeake bay's western shore is not far way and could be a potential location. Reddit conversation on Geography of Areas. I don't believe one could skate from Alexandria to HT (just from my living in the region.)

I'm not sure about the bridge problem, though, as the settlements would be east of I-95 with the nearest big "river" being the Shenandoah River, which is way far west. The Blue Ridge Mountains would be a problem before the Shenandoah River. So, if this is the area, I'm not sure why they need a huge bridge between the communities, or why they can't cross any smaller tributaries/rivers... why they're supposedly so cut off. The trip to DC is different, as one would have to cross the Potomac River to get there. There's no close way to DC w/o crossing The Potomac River.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Cherokee Rose said:

For fun, article: Where Is Everything Located on The Walking Dead? Tara and Heath were on a 2 week trip before finding Oceanside. The Chesapeake bay's western shore is not far way and could be a potential location. Reddit conversation on Geography of Areas. I don't believe one could skate from Alexandria to HT (just from my living in the region.)

The article cites Hilltop and Kingdom as each being about 20-odd miles away from Alexandria, not the 50 I was recalling; the 20-mile figure makes better sense, though, as that would put the Alexandria distance to those two communities within the one league (30 mile) figure commonly regarded as a day’s normal walking distance over .  Maybe the 50-mile figure was the distance between Alexandria and the Sanctuary...?  

We had a big ol’ discussion about it back around S6 or S7, but that was a while back and I could easily be misremembering the details.  I do remember, though, a firm consensus that Alexandria had to be something like twice as far away from Sanctuary as the other two communities; they already had a well-established history of exploitation by the Saviors, while the Saviors had no clue Alexandria even existed - at least, not until CDB’s wanderings brought them into uniformly violent contact.

7 hours ago, Cherokee Rose said:

I'm not sure about the bridge problem, though, as the settlements would be east of I-95 with the nearest big "river" being the Shenandoah River, which is way far west.

That was hardly a “river” they were bridging with the Rick’s Final Stand bridge; more like an oversized creek or stream.

• Love 4

I'm not sure about the bridge problem, though, as the settlements would be east of I-95 with the nearest big "river" being the Shenandoah River, which is way far west. The Blue Ridge Mountains would be a problem before the Shenandoah River. So, if this is the area, I'm not sure why they need a huge bridge between the communities, or why they can't cross any smaller tributaries/rivers... why they're supposedly so cut off. The trip to DC is different, as one would have to cross the Potomac River to get there. There's no close wayto DC w/o crossing The Potomac River.

Its the "RandombodyofwaterinGeorgia thatwearehopingnoonewatchingwilltry andmatchuptoanexistingriverinVirginia" River, haven't you heard of it?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I think way back when they made a point that Alexandria wasn't THE Alexandria that exists adjacent to DC.  It's just some glorified subdivision/planned community with the same name.

• Love 3
(edited)

Article from ComicBook, 'The Walking Dead' Actually Revealed The Hilltop's Exact Location'.

image.thumb.png.d443e79138f40f416f7bce8a199c36c8.png

Many of the fan wiki's state this (in reference to the comics): "The Alexandria Safe-Zone, or simply Alexandria, is a walled-off community in AMC's The Walking Dead located in Alexandria, Virginia, near Washington, D.C."

I always thought that Alexandria was supposed to be the real Alexandria, VA. They traveled far enough north, and the group did venture into Washington DC (without crossing The Potomac River. lol) in the S9Ep1 to get the wagon and stuff.

15 hours ago, Nashville said:

That was hardly a “river” they were bridging with the Rick’s Final Stand bridge; more like an oversized creek or stream

True. The banks were "river" banks, but the river was unimpressive. But this area was very dry last year! lol. It's just that the people keep mentioning being so cut off without "Rick's bridge." Over the years, they've crossed bodies of water without such fuss.

15 hours ago, Nashville said:

We had a big ol’ discussion about it back around S6 or S7, but that was a while back

Sorry to re-tread ground. The geography does seem to fit the Northern VA area... esp. 20-30 years ago, when it was less built up.  We're never quite given the distances between the communities, probably so the writers can play with the distance.

Edited by Cherokee Rose
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cherokee Rose said:

Sorry to re-tread ground. 

Wasn’t suggesting you were re-treading; more like my recollection of forum discussions from a couple of years back might not be the most accurate. 😉

• Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

This scene wasn't shown in the episode, right?

It was, during Siddiq’s heartfelt speech to the assembled crowd, just before the end of the episode. It showed Black Bart’s valiant attempt at a rescue.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 3

I think I'm genuinely curious to see how they handle Alpha next season. I want to see the heroes just deal with a villain, but I also have this weird feeling like it's only fair that she gets a redemption effort, after the governor got all those episodes, and Negan got to rescue a small child and a beloved animal. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

It was, during Siddiq’s heartfelt speech to the assembled crowd, just before the end of the episode.

Thank you. It's amazing how much I miss.

2 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

and Negan got to rescue a small child and a beloved animal. 

Who can hate a guy who loves kids and animals?  Of course, everyone will forgive him all that other stuff, like throwing a doctor into a fire, and the raping, etc because he saved their beloved Judith. Even Daryl, who suffered severe beatings, cruelty, and degradation at Negan's hands will be grateful for Dog and let bygones be bygones. Just one big happy family!

• Love 5

I just saw this.  While a lot of it just makes me tired  -- Negan further integrating into life at Alexandria like he's a normal human being and NOT a dangerous psychopath, "shittin' pants," Alpha's continued atrocious "accent" -- Michonne!  Michonne and Zeke! Michonne with the bat!  Carol!  Carol's "bitch has to die!" Carol with a reasonably human looking wig!

Every time I'm convinced I may be finally done, they show me at least a couple of things I really do want to see.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

From the article:

The possibility remains that Gurira could — like former costar Andrew Lincoln — move over to star in Walking Deadmovies for AMC, but no mention was made of that at the panel, other than a message at the end of the panel that read “Rick Grimes returns. Only in theaters,” as a shot of a helicopter flew towards a city.

Seriously?  Are they kidding with this?  This far in, nobody's paying theater prices to see a Rick Grimes movie.  Isn't this part of the greater AMC all zombies, all year long plan they've been promising with two shows and now a third in the works?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

From the article:

Seriously?  Are they kidding with this?  This far in, nobody's paying theater prices to see a Rick Grimes movie.  Isn't this part of the greater AMC all zombies, all year long plan they've been promising with two shows and now a promised third?

Word. I'd wait for it to come out on dvd. I'll pass on seeing it in theaters. It's a joke now.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, peach said:

Did they. .did they seriously part iron shields...to let a tiny little girl through to stab something?

Oooh yeah, Eugene has obviously been instructing our people in the military tactics of the Roman Legions

• LOL 2
20 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Word. I'd wait for it to come out on dvd. I'll pass on seeing it in theaters. It's a joke now.

Same. I can't believe it's not going to be a Netflix or Amazon release. 

• Love 2

"What'd I tell you about crossing ma boordah?" apologies for the language but, fuck off, just fuck off Elpha! Come on Daryl, just you and Carol get on the bike and head west, i'd pay to see that.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Same. I can't believe it's not going to be a Netflix or Amazon release. 

If it was that, I'd be noping even more. I'm no fan of Netflix or Amazon. I'd have to wait that much more for it to come out on dvd.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Eugene has obviously been instructing our people in the military tactics of the Roman Legions

LOL.  Last season gave us a mashup of LOTR and old Westerns.  Between the Roman legion hardware and the boats and beaches, this year appears to be paying homage to early 2000s Russell Crowe movies like Gladiator and Master and Commander.  If the zombies or Whisperers break out in selections from Les Mis, I really am out of here this time.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

From the article:

Seriously?  Are they kidding with this?  This far in, nobody's paying theater prices to see a Rick Grimes movie.  Isn't this part of the greater AMC all zombies, all year long plan they've been promising with two shows and now a third in the works?

I know someone who's at Comic Con rt now, and he posted that. All I could think of was paying for a ticket and basically just getting Nelson going HA HA at me.

OK, I admit there were some things in the trailer that looked interesting but not enough to watch the show again. I'll continue to read these threads because you guys' take on the show is more interesting than the show. Plus there will be plenty of clips to watch.

• Love 2

Danai confirms that S10 will be her last.

Not sure if I should be hopeful about Kang's statement or not.

“I can confirm this is the last season I’ll be on this amazing TV show as Michonne,” said Gurira on the panel. “I would just like to say this has been one of the purest joys in my life."

"We’re doing some pretty unique stuff,” Kang teases. “Again, it’s nothing I can really get into, but we tried some stuff that we’ve never done on the show with her, and I’m very excited about it. Hopefully we land it, and hopefully, we’ll give her a good send-off from The Walking Dead, where she’s been such a major part for all these years.”

Remember, even though this out there in the media, it is considered a spoiler on Primetimer.

(edited)

I wonder how they will write out Michonne. Will she be killed or will she leave or maybe be kidnapped? Then there are her children.

Michonne and Ezekiel's romance is a surprise. I wonder how long it has been since his break up with Carol. Maybe there has been a time jump.

I don't think that anything romantic is happening with Daryl and Carol. I think that Daryl's romance will be with Connie. 

Negan... *shakes head* At least with Danai gone, I can just watch YT clips of characters that interest me.

A theater release of Rick's movie? I think that AMC has finally lost it.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I wonder how they will write out Michonne. Will she be killed or will she leave or maybe be kidnapped?

Michonne will probably head off to a peace conference with the walkers somewhere....*

Naw - I’d actually be inclined to say the ending is already written: something will happen to make Michonne suspect Grimy isn’t actually dead, and she’ll pack up and take off to find her twu wuv.

* MMPR fans will get the reference. 😉 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Every time I'm convinced I may be finally done, they show me at least a couple of things I really do want to see.

The only trouble with these things that peak our interest, is that they generally turn out to be a huge letdown.

I will bet the deeds to my house that our group playing 'Maximus' on the beach, will have me rolling on the floor in hysterics, there isn't a shadow of a doubt about that!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, raven said:

"We’re doing some pretty unique stuff,” Kang teases. “Again, it’s nothing I can really get into, but we tried some stuff that we’ve never done on the show with her, and I’m very excited about it. Hopefully we land it, and hopefully, we’ll give her a good send-off from The Walking Dead, where she’s been such a major part for all these years.”

As Maggie appeared on screen 11 episodes before Michonne, and she got a "she's someplace far" from Siddiq, I can't wait to see the level of discrepancy between the two send offs.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 5

"Rick Grimes Returns", in theaters only? Is this for real? Like, seriously? It better damn well be a comedy.

I wouldn't even watch it as a tv movie. Oh, but maybe I should. Maybe we can finally learn about the mysterious, silent, invisible helicopter we've been seeing for two seasons?

Will I pay 15$ to go watch this in some dreary cinderblock movie theater, eat 20$ popcorn drenched in yellow cooking oil and listen to millennials texting, twittering, tweeting and updating their FB statuses? Hmm, I guess I don't really give a shit about a helicopter or what hijinks Ricky G has been getting up to with the Trash Queen.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, raven said:

"We’re doing some pretty unique stuff,” Kang teases.

Either it's "unique" or it's not. There is no pretty/sort of/very/slightly unique, you fucking grinning idiot.

Well, I guess I do concede that dreaming up a pack of overfed, purebred, cropped and docked dogs appearing 10 years post-ZA was "pretty" unique. Yay, you.

• Love 3

I think they're vastly overestimating how much viewers really want to know what the deal with the mysterious helicopters is.  I mean, sure, it's one of the longest teases in TV history going all the way back to the very first season and I'd like to know what the story is there as much as anyone.  If it was an AMC movie of the week kind of thing, of course I'd watch it because I've hung in this far, even knowing that with this franchise the big reveal is likely to be underwhelming as hell.  But that doesn't automatically translate to caring enough to pay to see it in the theater.  Not when you know you can probably wait 5 minutes after the premier ends and it will be spoilered for you online for free.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Well, I guess I do concede that dreaming up a pack of overfed, purebred, cropped and docked dogs appearing 10 years post-ZA was "pretty" unique. Yay, you.

That Negan / dog scene has clearly affected you, you need to let it go ,just let the dogs go, and if you cant let them go, just let them out, you need some canine therapy. 😋

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Michonne and Ezekiel's romance is a surprise.

And they just told us, so they've spoiled their own surprise.  And they've told us Michonne is leaving, so they've really let most of the air out of their surprises.   They can't even tease correctly.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I mean, sure, it's one of the longest teases in TV history going all the way back to the very first season and I'd like to know what the story is there as much as anyone.

Yeah, I bet TPTB would like to know too since they obviously stuck a "Hey, how cool is this?" helicopter in there with no clue how to resolve this. 

1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

That Negan / dog scene has clearly affected you, you need to let it go ,just let the dogs go, and if you cant let them go, just let them out, you need some canine therapy. 😋

Yes, I freely admit that stupidity and the purring tiger-killed-by-rotting-corpses idiocy did bug me to a ridiculous level, especially when I see overpaid morons gleefully bragging about their dazzling brilliance in conjuring such up. So, yeah - I stay annoyed. Thanks for the vid, but I'll skip it.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

I'll bet this ridiculous video is more entertaining than all of the next season and will look like CITIZEN KANE in comparison to 'GRIMES: THE MOVIE COMING TO A THEATRE NEAR YOU!!!' 

Who do they think will actually PAY more than their cable bill to watch a tarted up episode of Walking Dead?

I'm so glad that Danai is finally getting herself out of this shitshow.  She should have left the second she was nominated for a Tony Award or the second she booked 'Black Panther' but she wouldn't be the first to suffer from misguided loyalty.

I'm happy to see the possibility of a Michonne/Zeke hookup.  God knows they both are due some good loving after the cold fish both of them were stuck with.  Of course, the clock is ticking for Zeke and pairing him with Michonne isn't going to give him more time.  It would be nice if, during some pillow-talk, Michonne was FINALLY allowed to tell her story.  I think fans of the character are at least entitled to that.  Best case scenario would be for Michonne, Zeke and her little boy (whatever his name is) ride of into the sunset, leaving Judith to be raised by Uncle Negan.

All of the Daryl/Carol stuff in the trailer proved to me just how desperate Gimple and his crew are.  I thought they'd wait until the last season, so maybe they know something we don't.  The saddest thing is that Daryl and Carol have as much romantic fire as Eugene and Rosita.

I'll probably watch out of respect for Michonne and Danai, but I won't like it.

• Love 2