Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, SamBeckett said:

Glenn, of course. Abraham. Beth (though she was disliked by many, but I would argue her contribution could have and should have continued).

Beth was a background character until her escape from the prison with Daryl, where she managed to capture some enormous, rabid fanbase. She wasn't a very good character, but at least we got to KNOW her, so her death - no matter how ridiculous - had some sort of impact. Now, we get to know virtually no one, and the characters fly by as though in a high-speed turnstile but we are supposed to feel something when they get offed: OH, not Neil! OMG, Earl might get bitten! Some guy tries to save the horses and dies. Who cares? No series can be successful unless audiences feel some kind of connection or care about the characters. Yes, we joke about red shirts. They were a staple of Star Trek, but we knew and cared deeply about the main cast of characters.

36 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

After tonight's episode, the majority of the cast is going to be people I barely know.  How can I care about a show like that?  I've been watching from the beginning. One would think tptb would want to keep a viewer like me.  I have no idea what kind of viewers tptb want to keep.

One would think that, but when listening to Kang it becomes apparent that silly, no-talent hacks are running things and truly believe they are creating art. That's even sadder than if they said, "Look, we don't know what the hell to do next, so we're ending this show" but instead we get, "We're putting out garbage, but as long as we get paid we're in until we squeeze out the last nickel. Anyone want to buy some action figures?"

• Love 4
On 3/22/2019 at 8:42 PM, leto said:

Wow! Carol is definitely going to get all murdery again. I may have to start watching again just to see it. 

I'm sad it's Henry because that's just going to destroy Carol. However, if it gets rid of that awful wig I'm in favor of Stabby Carol returning

• Love 6
4 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Tonight's episode was leaked. I have seen photos of the pike victims. Horrible. Very sad. Apparently, the whole build up to the execution is very dramatic and well done. I look forward to Carol teaching Alpha a thing or two about brutality in return.

Oh there will be blood.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm sad it's Henry because that's just going to destroy Carol. However, if it gets rid of that awful wig I'm in favor of Stabby Carol returning

Will she though? I thought it looked like there was a time jump in the promo since they're now in winter, it doesn't seem like they're planning to do anything with the Whisperers and Carol just looks defeated... which I guess would be a different reaction than we'd expect, so they might go that way (and make this even lamer). But maybe I'm reading too much into that short promo.

On 3/21/2019 at 8:09 AM, OoohMaggie said:

Theres only one problem with losing Henry, and that is somebody has got to replace his scatty teenager role, welcome to the team Lydia!

Yeah but who's gonna be her love interest? I assumed Henry was going to be Carl's replacement.

• Love 1

I just watched a great movie called " Snow Walker" and now we're getting them here? And why are they not frozen, as any meat would be? I always wanted to see them frozen in weird positions, like some fucked-up yard ornaments.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

While I'm kind of intrigued to see what they can do with walkers in the snow, when did all these people become amateur weathermen?  I suppose they've had plenty of time since the time jump to educate themselves on reading the changing weather signs, but I know as a modern person I'm shit all for planning without the Weather Channel and checking the app on my phone.  The execution on FTWD's hurricane wasn't the greatest, but they at least acknowledged that it was hard to predict or know what they were dealing with until they were already in it.

Um...soooooo....where they goin? 

And really? "weigh station"? Isn't that like......for trucks? Color me naive but I'm hella confused. What IS HAPPENING? lol

1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

While I'm kind of intrigued to see what they can do with walkers in the snow, when did all these people become amateur weathermen?  I suppose they've had plenty of time since the time jump to educate themselves on reading the changing weather signs, but I know as a modern person I'm shit all for planning without the Weather Channel and checking the app on my phone.  The execution on FTWD's hurricane wasn't the greatest, but they at least acknowledged that it was hard to predict or know what they were dealing with until they were already in it.

Maybe his ears popped. Hehehe

12 minutes ago, Gemini Gipsy said:

Um...soooooo....where they goin? 

To get into trouble, that’s for sure.  Maybe they’re helping John-Boy get home before Christmas morning.

12 minutes ago, Gemini Gipsy said:

And really? "weigh station"? Isn't that like......for trucks? Color me naive but I'm hella confused. What IS HAPPENING? lol

I think it’s more along the lines of “way station” - as in, a station along the way.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

That's a righteous hat, Eugene.

And why for the love of all that is holy is Negan out again?  Don't tell me they decided to take him with them wherever they're going as some kind of mascot.  Sure, why not let him babysit the kiddies while they're at it since he was already all but doing that before. 

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

They all look like members of the Donner party or as though they stepped through the wardrobe to Narnia.

I wonder if they all carried out a raid on ‘Washington Snow & Ski’ 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, dvil said:

Yeah but who's gonna be her love interest? I assumed Henry was going to be Carl's replacement.

Man, those contract negotiations must’ve augured it in spectacularly doubleplusquick.

3 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Sure, why not let (Negan) babysit the kiddies while they're at it since he was already all but doing that before. 

Why not? He can tell them bedtime stories: "So, did I ever tell you little sorry shits about that day was I busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest - y'know, with all the murdering and torturing,  and I only had enough time to screw one of my wives? No? Okay, then. Once upon a time..."

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I just watched a great movie called " Snow Walker" and now we're getting them here? And why are they not frozen, as any meat would be? I always wanted to see them frozen in weird positions, like some fucked-up yard ornaments.

You always say what I’m thinking.

so, snow, 32 degrees.  How do the whisper idiots survive it?  Hibernation like bears?  Explains Elpha ‘s and Bayda’s chub.  

After all these years it snows in Virginia.  Hell, it snows more in Florida than it does on TWD. 

• Love 1
On 3/23/2019 at 5:34 PM, nodorothyparker said:

Didn't even notice him.  I was completely distracted that Rosita was wearing a pair of pants I owned as a teen in 1989.

Edit to add that the enormous Shiva statue amuses me to no end.  We've been told over and over that the Kingdom has been struggling to keep things going or even feed themselves yet they've apparently had the time and resources to construct a giant tiger statue for their main balcony.  Weirdly, it seems completely in character for Zeke.

What about those dumpy crotch pants poor Diane was kitted out in?  Diane deserves more screen time and better fucking pants. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

It seems like the only person having a good time is Negan.  He's the only person who knows just how stupid these people REALLY are?  Why are they wandering around in the woods, in the snow?  Somebody mentioned the Donner Party but, based on these clips, the Donner Party was a model of efficiency and good planning compared to this.  And all those people who were panting for 'murdery' Carol, it looks like Carol's adopted Lydia.  Because she needed to find a kid MORE fucked up than the one she had before.  When Lydia dies, is Carol going to adopt Negan?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Somebody mentioned the Donner Party but, based on these clips, the Donner Party was a model of efficiency and good planning compared to this.

I mentioned Donner. I'm just waiting for them to start eating each other. Voluntarily going out wandering in the woods in the middle of winter is not something anyone with half a brain would do. You have to figure your enemies are also hunkered down waiting for conditions to improve. The guy (whoever he is) wearing jeans? I live in a very cold climate and wearing jeans is a big no-no - almost worse than wearing nothing. Your legs will freeze and it really hurts. OTOH, we have walkers - who are just meat -  still mobile when they would have to be frozen. This is not subjective. Duh.

25 minutes ago, phoenix780 said:

I can't wait to read about the tv movies, if their general attitude towards explaining things is "getting in the weeds."

Just what does that even fucking mean?? I admit I miss a lot, never watch TTD or whatever, or read any dumb interviews, but still, this "non-speak" is ultra-annoying.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

The guy (whoever he is) wearing jeans? I live in a very cold climate and wearing jeans is a big no-no - almost worse than wearing nothing.

What was that film with Sidney Poitier and Tom Berenger tracking a fugitive? Berenger was the skilled mountain guide / tracker, wading through thigh deep snow in his Levi’s, always bugged the hell out of me.

• Love 2

I can't venture a guess as to what they are doing in the next episode. Looking for supplies? And what is this station they are trying to make it too? I would assume hunkering down where you have shelter is preferable to wandering around in a snow storm, so I'm looking forward to finding out how the writers are going to explain this latest dumb fuckery

4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

What was that film with Sidney Poitier and Tom Berenger tracking a fugitive? Berenger was the skilled mountain guide / tracker, wading through thigh deep snow in his Levi’s, always bugged the hell out of me.

Shoot to Kill.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

I can't venture a guess as to what they are doing in the next episode. Looking for supplies? And what is this station they are trying to make it too? I would assume hunkering down where you have shelter is preferable to wandering around in a snow storm, so I'm looking forward to finding out how the writers are going to explain this latest dumb fuckery

What I got from the promo was that the kingdom has fallen, they can't sustain themselves anymore and they're moving to some other community, but a storm catches them off guard on the road there.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, natyxg said:

What I got from the promo was that the kingdom has fallen, they can't sustain themselves anymore and they're moving to some other community, but a storm catches them off guard on the road there.

It seems like the little wagon train should have more people then, or maybe what they showed in the preview just made it seem like a smaller group than it actually is. 

• Love 1

We’ve got Michonne saying that “we either make it to the next way station or we die”, we’ve got the King saying they’ve got to hit the way station before “The mother of a storm hits”, exactly what, or where is this way station? How has The Kingdom fallen?  I hope they give more of an explanation than they gave as to how we ended up with a Tara shish kebab.

Is there another, however small,  time jump on the horizon, as somebody mentioned are we just seeing the tail end of the baggage train from The Kingdom, or is there a reason there are so few people in it?

I get it’s pointless to ask why our communities aren’t living in southern climes where they can grow food all year round, and where winter storms and snow wouldn’t put their lives at risk.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

We’ve got Michonne saying that “we either make it to the next way station or we die”, we’ve got the King saying they’ve got to hit the way station before “The mother of a storm hits”, exactly what, or where is this way station? How has The Kingdom fallen?  I hope they give more of an explanation than they gave as to how we ended up with a Tara shish kebab.

Is there another, however small,  time jump on the horizon, as somebody mentioned are we just seeing the tail end of the baggage train from The Kingdom, or is there a reason there are so few people in it?

I get it’s pointless to ask why our communities aren’t living in southern climes where they can grow food all year round, and where winter storms and snow wouldn’t put their lives at risk.

I'm wondering, if it's the kingdom that fell,  why all these people from Alexandria and hilltop our with them at all? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

, we’ve got the King saying they’ve got to hit the way station before “The mother of a storm hits”, exactly what, or where is this way station?

How would he know what kind of a storm is coming? He doesn't have a weather app, unless Eugene made one with old lightbulbs, copper wire, and string.

I thought it was silly that the Saviors, armed with all kinds of weapons, bowed down to a guy carrying a baseball bat. It's not nearly as silly as a bunch of idiots wearing zombie faces allowing some dumpy little woman to decapitate them, stab them and abandon their babies to be walker food. Has the ZA turned everyone into sheep? Does no one ever say, "Hey, wait a minute there..."?

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Maybe I dozed through it, but has anyone mentioned the need to replace the younger people who could have bred the next generation?  Much less keep some sharper intelligences going in the gene pool?  

growing food ....they should have mastered that by now. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

How has The Kingdom fallen?  I hope they give more of an explanation than they gave as to how we ended up with a Tara shish kebab.

I dunno, but I'm guessing the answer is somewhere in the weeds.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Has the ZA turned everyone into sheep?

I don’t get why the groups didn’t join up and go and eliminate the threat, before the pikes and especially after.

Carol hasn’t avenged Henry, it’ll be interesting to find out why, it wasn’t that long ago she was setting people on fire. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Sounds like a Steven Seagal film, but thanks.

Not really, and it has real, good actors, unlike ol' Wooden Steve.

46 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I don’t get why the groups didn’t join up and go and eliminate the threat, before the pikes and especially after.

Truly, you'd think they would have learned something from the debacle with the Saviors - that standing around on platforms making speeches and shooting out windows may not be the best solution.

• Love 3
On 3/25/2019 at 9:20 AM, AngelaHunter said:

That scene was ruined for me after I saw this:

daryl and carol romance - the walking dead meme.jpg

And the OCD in me couldn't be detracted from the perfectly spotless new soles of Daryl's shoes.  

It's the little things  😄 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I read that Heath will be in the movies, the other night. I can't remember where I read that, though. I can't believe they brought him back after all this time. I know that people kept asking where he was - I guess he was supposed to have been followed by the garbage people, and sent off in that helicopter? 

• Love 1
On 3/25/2019 at 11:10 AM, OoohMaggie said:

Daryl and Carol again, one of the best,

Absolutely! So good and so shocking. Maaan I wish Carol would cut her hair! I know other characters wear wigs too, but for me, her's is so distracting. I want to focus on Carol and the acting and be drawn into the story. Not being distracted wondering when Legolas is going to show up. I am really glad they're exploring winter in the show. I too wonder why the zombies haven't frozen.

Edited by OrigamiNightmare
  • Love 2
On 3/25/2019 at 6:07 PM, AngelaHunter said:

The guy (whoever he is) wearing jeans? I live in a very cold climate and wearing jeans is a big no-no - almost worse than wearing nothing. Your legs will freeze and it really hurts. 

In terms of outdoors wear in mixed weather conditions, the absolutely positively ONLY thing jeans have going for them is durability; in every other aspect, they suck egregiously.  Denim is usually all or majorly cotton-based material, which means it easily sheds heat and absorbs moisture.  This is ok in daytime desert environments, but a quick trip to HypothermiaVille in colder climes - or virtually anywhere else for that matter, once the sun goes down.

On 3/25/2019 at 6:07 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Just what does that even fucking mean?? I admit I miss a lot, never watch TTD or whatever, or read any dumb interviews, but still, this "non-speak" is ultra-annoying.

Someone is channeling their inner geek bigtime.  “Going off in the tall weeds” is an OLD old bit of computer jargon, coined back around the ‘60s-‘70s by machine-language and assembly-language programmers.  It refers to when a machine-language-level program suddenly and unexpectedly jumps the rails out of ALL anticipated possible program branch options and goes off whodafuck knows where, never to be seen again - a catastrophic form of crash.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Someone is channeling their inner geek bigtime.  “Going off in the tall weeds” is an OLD old bit of computer jargon, coined back around the ‘60s-‘70s by machine-language and assembly-language programmers.

That's interesting. I wonder what terms she used to Google that.

suddenly and unexpectedly jumps the rails out of ALL anticipated possible program branch options and goes off whodafuck knows where, never to be seen again

So a lot of the plots here "Went off into the weeds" it seems.

This is ok in daytime desert environments, but a quick trip to HypothermiaVille in colder climes - or virtually anywhere else for that matter, once the sun goes down.

Especially when jeans get wet and then freeze. Say "Goodbye" to a lot of the skin on your legs. We had a trick when I was young and foolish and had to be stylish no matter the weather - we wore pantyhose under our jeans in the winter. Maybe our gang is using that method.

• Love 2