Type keyword(s) to search

Love Island (UK) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Finally! I was hoping a forum would pop up. Ive been watching Love Island on Hulu here in the US. I'm over half way with the season that just aired this summer. I'm not really much of a reality show person but somehow I got sucked into this. 

10 hours ago, OnceSane said:

It was awesome!  I highly suggest watching the previous seasons as well.

I have! Camilla was my favorite last season. This one I'm questioning Georgia and Sams decision to stay on the island but to be split up. 

• Love 1

We're just over half-way through the most recent season and we're loving it.  Somewhat embarrassed to say we watch an episode almost every night.  I'm rooting for Dani and Jack...my husband just wants Dr. Alex to finally get some action <lol>.

• Love 1

So I found the show on Hulu after my friend was talking about the show and I started with Season 1. I'm on episode 15 now. The show is so addictive. I don't know if it's the "banter", the accents or what. I feel like it has some of the stuff Bachelor in Paradise falls short on - BiP is sometimes at its best when it's group dynamic fun stuff, but it does it so rarely. And while Love Island definitely has loads of ginned-up drama, it also has people cooking up breakfast together in the morning, running out into the pool in the rain, etc.

Would love to read more chatter about Season 1 if anyone's seen it. I think most of the boys are pretty terrible, though Jordan is lovely to look at and I like the way he carries himself in general. And newcomer Max seems all right. "Bring in the Jonathan" is entertaining. Of the girls, Zoe is my favorite, though I understand people who wouldn't like her. But maybe because I'm also a tall churchy girl with a prominent nose, I identify with her in some way. I'm warming up to Jess. I was completely on her side in her reaction over the stuff she overheard Luis and Josh saying in the hot tub, when they said the girls on the show were below their standards. Lauren has seemed to accept and even thrive being "just friends" with the guys. Hannah's Scouse accent! - I adore it.

• Love 2

I’m about halfway through the most recent season. The Brits are just better than us Americans. Period. This show is so much better than BiP and the contestants are much more civil and mature (even though they tend to be younger than everyone on Bachelor in Paradise). I also love that this show proves Chris Harrison’s entire job can be replaced by text messages. And the voiceover work is actually funny. We’ll see if the show keeps up, I’m at the point when Georgia is just lying to everyone and being an obnoxious brat. The show up until now has been really fun, but I have a feeling this Georgia chick is now going to start stirring up drama all the time to get airtime. 

• Love 4
On 9/9/2018 at 10:28 AM, OnceSane said:

Right?  Why stay?  Just leave together and be happy.  Guess the famewhore genes are strong in them.

Just caught up. It’s pretty clear Georgia just wants to be on TV. I looked her up and she’s an Insta-Ho with over 1M followers. It’s a shame this season became the Georgia-Show because the rest seem like genuine, real, likeable human beings. But Georgia has just hijacked the show to promote herself with dumb catch phrases. Ugh. Maybe previous seasons won’t be so fake (though I couldn’t get into the first season as it seemed more meathead). 

Alright folks! Current season early faves?! I had an immediate girl crush on Lucie (I know big surprise lol) but she's turning out a bit boring...okay very boring lol. Loving me some Amber and have since the beginning - I love fiesty/snarky personalities, plus she's easy on the eyes. 

As far as the guys? Hmmm, I'm warming to Anton. Curtis was an early fave but he's starting to feel a bit formulaic. Like you can tell he's doing the right things in order to secure the win. Nothing wrong with it, but it's become too obvious so it takes me out of the funness of the show...

Overall, everyone is pretty likeable to me. Like there's literally no one there I hate or love to hate yet... Hopefully Casa Amor (sp?) changes that! 😎 

P. S. Anyone have the inside scoop yet on why Sherif was kicked from the show?! 

1 hour ago, RealitytvLover said:

Current season early faves?!

Amber and Yewande.  I lost a lot of Anton love when I found out he did blackface.  IDK why he's still there, but whatevs.

1 hour ago, RealitytvLover said:

P. S. Anyone have the inside scoop yet on why Sherif was kicked from the show?!

There are currently two rumors floating around (well, three, but that rumor was already debunked by the person spreading it).

1) Outside communication--Sherif snuck in his phone and got caught trying to contact the outside world (supposedly he was checking to see if Anna was following him on IG--SO DUMB IF TRUE!).

2) He masturbated in the hot tub.

As dumb as the former sounds, I hope it was that because the latter is just nasty!

• Love 2

Is anyone watching this?  Yewende should have gotten a silk  front wig, but I'm super impressed at what she has accomplished at 23.  The girl of middle Eastern descent has had A LOT of work done. She might be more silicone than water.

• Love 2

I'm watching but every time I come on here to comment I give up because I doubt anyone will read, lol.

This show used to be fun, but they really missed the mark this season with who they picked. They've had some interesting people come into the Villa, but as always the people selected to start the season dominate the show. The problem is that none of them are particularly likeable.

I think Tommy and Mollie Mae are faking their relationship for the money and fame, but at this point I don't even care. Let them win. Nobody else is even close to being a good match. I wish we could all just vote, if we agree to let Tommy and Mollie Mae win can we cut out the mandated five-minute speech Tommy gives every episode about how he's completely happy with Mollie May and has found everything he wants with her? It's getting tired.

I never really liked Amy, but I have no idea what Curtis is trying to do here. Just dump her. It would be a lot less painful. I'm not sure what he's trying to salvage here. And I'm not sure why she's still engaging him, unless it's simply that both have realized that if they break up they'll either leave the Villa or have nothing to talk about.

Then there's Amber. I truly believe she is an awful, toxic person. I've heard from some commenters that they want Michael to apologize for how he treated her, but from my view he's in an unhealthy relationship and just needs to get out. If they were a couple you knew in the real world, you'd just want Michael to get out, no matter how messy or uncomfortable it was. Amber is nothing except self-absorbed, immature, mean, unable to admit she's wrong, (and a compulsive liar because of it), and prone to mood swings. You can't reason with her, so I have no problem with Michael being super defensive. She's not going to listen to reason (or anything, really) so why bother trying to appease her?

Then there's Anna. She's enabling Amber and irredeemable in her own right. After being nasty and immature toward the boys because they dared dump her friends, she's now doing a much worse game with Ovie and Jordan, and doesn't seem to notice the hypocrisy at all.

It's too bad they don't have another fan vote for popular couples, because I imagine Michael and Joanna would be safe at the top, whereas Amber and Anna would quickly discover that nobody on the outside really likes them

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Stan39 said:

If they were a couple you knew in the real world, you'd just want Michael to get out, no matter how messy or uncomfortable it was.

I completely disagree.  Michael's attempts to rewrite their story ain't working for me.  His major problem was that she wasn't gassing him up the way he wanted.  Especially after the public called him whipped, he wasn't having that and set out to prove the public wrong.  Before the tweets, Michael's main complaint was that Amber didn't open up enough for his taste and that she could sometimes be immature.  This turned into her being "pathetic" when he chose to recouple.  And Joanna can miss me with acting as his echo chamber when she knew nothing about Amber.

Anna is trying to play Jordan and Ovie and I think she may get burned by both.

Amy is just sad.  I'm not convinced Curtis is straight, but no one should put that much of their self-worth into whether they have a man (or woman).  Her note-taking when talking with Jourdan had me rolling.  Her subtle racist vibe does not.

The producers clearly want Tommy & Mollie Mae to win.  Fine.  But I feel pretty sure he & Lucie will fuck at least once after leaving the villa.

45 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

I completely disagree.  Michael's attempts to rewrite their story ain't working for me.  His major problem was that she wasn't gassing him up the way he wanted.  Especially after the public called him whipped, he wasn't having that and set out to prove the public wrong.  Before the tweets, Michael's main complaint was that Amber didn't open up enough for his taste and that she could sometimes be immature.  This turned into her being "pathetic" when he chose to recouple.  And Joanna can miss me with acting as his echo chamber when she knew nothing about Amber.

Anna is trying to play Jordan and Ovie and I think she may get burned by both.

Amy is just sad.  I'm not convinced Curtis is straight, but no one should put that much of their self-worth into whether they have a man (or woman).  Her note-taking when talking with Jourdan had me rolling.  Her subtle racist vibe does not.

The producers clearly want Tommy & Mollie Mae to win.  Fine.  But I feel pretty sure he & Lucie will fuck at least once after leaving the villa.

I still disagree about Amber. Michael may not have said it until the recoupling, but she’s an awful human being. Go back and watch. She’s completely self absorbed. She treats all the guys like crap unless they kiss her ass. And she rewrites history to fit her version, in which she never does anything wrong. Joanna DID walk up to her to say hello and Amber ignored her. Even after her sit down listening to Joana explain events, she still goes back to the girls and says she just wished she came up and said hi. She also blew off Michael back when Maura took him on a date, yet refused to admit that, too. Or when mollie May goes to the terrace to comfort Amy, Amber goes out and turns the conversation into her. She’s not a good person. And all she’s taken away from the breakup is that she needs to open up more. What she needs is to grow up, admit when she’s wrong, apologize, and actually care about other people. 

Amy is really sad. But I also think Curtis enabled her. Most of the guys do, though. They fought so hard just to impress the girls to get them to like them that the girls started taking them for granted. So of course when new girls show up that actually show interest, the guys respond. Mollie Mae saw this with Tommy and was lucky they were both in the Villa to do something. Yewande had a chance, but became a dull slug that no guy would want to hang out with. And Curtis finally realized that it’s not healthy to constantly tell someone they’ve done nothing wrong/have nothing to worry about/are the only one. But he could also be gay. 

Don’t know what Maura sees in him, unless this show is scripted. Entirely possible 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Go back and watch

I don't need to go back and watch.  I saw a strong, confident woman who wasn't going accept being a doormat (or being something else she's not).  Michael wants a lapdog and that's just what he got in Joanna.  Someone to co-sign whatever he says as though it dripped from God's lips.  Amber has admitted she was wrong--is it easy for her?  No, but I cut her some slack since she's only 21.  Which is why I also give her a pass for Michael gas-lighting her into thinking SHE was the only issue in the relationship.  I really hope she doesn't try to go back to him, I'd rather see her and Ovie hook up.  They have a nice chemistry and they make each other laugh.

Amy needs serious help.  If they do any psychological testing pre-show, it failed.  No one should be using their "half" relationship as verification of their self-worth.  I think Curtis is at least bi, he shows way more interest/affection to Tommy than he ever did Amy.  However, Amy is way too fragile and takes this whole thing way too seriously.  Curtis should have ended it before Casa Amor, but he thought he still had a shot at the money.

• Love 1
(edited)

Okay, I'm not sure how I posted nothing but blanks. It might have been my dog walking across my keyboard. Since I am here...

I just started watching the current season but I watched seasons 2, 3 and 4 before this one. I'm on episode 3 and at this point cant keep most of their names straight. For the guys, I know there's a sandwich guy (because Mr. voice over mentions it 😂), a firefighter and a boxer. And for the girls, I can remember Amber (not a good first impression) and the scientist (most likely to wither away from neglect).  I suppose I'll pick up everyone's names soon enough.

I'll be watching more and will catch up to you guys soon!

`

Edited by nichelle
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/5/2019 at 9:31 PM, Stan39 said:

[Amber]'s completely self absorbed. She treats all the guys like crap unless they kiss her ass. And she rewrites history to fit her version, in which she never does anything wrong.

I share your impression of Amber at my current point in the series. I believe a lot of it is that she is immature for her age, even being as young as she is. She definitely "rewrote history" about how the laughing from the balcony went down, off the top of my head.

But she very much seems to want someone to pour tons of effort into her while giving very little effort back. That is not how healthy relationships work. Unfortunately I see the same kind of situation currently with Yewande in her relationship, but I get the impression from their THs that Yewande's behavior comes from a lack of self-confidence and inexperience with men, while Amber's seems to be more from entitlement.

It is interesting how different it has been up until now from American series! Both the dating behaviors and interactions with fellow contestants seem starkly in contrast with what I'm used to. 😮

Edited by kita
Mistype!
  • Love 3
On 7/7/2019 at 8:07 PM, kita said:

I share your impression of Amber at my current point in the series. I believe a lot of it is that she is immature for her age, even being as young as she is. She definitely "rewrote history" about how the laughing from the balcony went down, off the top of my head.

But she very much seems to want someone to pour tons of effort into her while giving very little effort back. That is not how healthy relationships work. Unfortunately I see the same kind of situation currently with Yewande in her relationship, but I get the impression from their THs that Yewande's behavior comes from a lack of self-confidence and inexperience with men, while Amber's seems to be more from entitlement.

It is interesting how different it has been up until now from American series! Both the dating behaviors and interactions with fellow contestants seem starkly in contrast with what I'm used to. 😮

Sounds like I'm a little bit deeper into the series, but so far I'm agreeing with your assessment. Especially of Amber. I find her mean, hypocritical, hare-trigger and she's always looking to gaslight someone to make herself look better. She has an issue with a new girl later on, the girl tries to approach her, and Amber ignores her, then insults her looks.

Then when the new girl and Amber have a show-forced discussion about that initial meeting, Amber claims her issue is that the new girl ignored her. NG points out that she DID try to approach Amber, but Amber turned her back on her. All the while Amber has this smirk on her face, ready to jump on anything the other woman says. Amber is so foul, IMO.

• Love 2

I'm all caught up on Hulu and I'm a little bummed that there aren't more people posting about the show.

I feel like this season has a really ugly vibe compared to previous seasons. Amber, Anna and Amy are strong with the mean girl vibes (Mollie-Mae isn't great either but she's not as aggressively awful). In past seasons when there's been drama, contestants have certainly gotten heated but the fact that Amber and Anna are so aggressive in their attacks on who they feel have "wronged them" is so ridiculous that I've been wondering if the villa is actually set in a junior high school and not Mallorca. I've read articles that viewers in the U.K. have been reporting contestants on the show for their behavior which tells you something when your fun summer show consumption tastes this bitter. I think this year it's really down to poor casting.

Also, I know that I should feel badly for Amy with the whole Curtis fiasco but....I really don't. She was downright horrible to Lucie, and honestly, writing "Mrs. Curtis Pritchard" all over her Trapper Keeper was so deeply pathetic that I had to roll my eyes. Yes, you haven't had a proper adult relationship but you've traveled the world as an air hostess so it's not like you've only lived in one of those small eccentric English villages in an episode of Midsommer Murders. Grow up. 

These girls do realize that while the girl code is great and all, they are still on a gameshow. Contestants are looking for fame (I mean, love, definitely love), Instagram likes and early skin cancer not staged best friendships. I miss the days of "I'm so loyal" Georgia from season 4. Despite her PeeWee like attachment to her word of the season, at least when Georgia caused drama with Laura, the hounds of reality show hell weren't leashed on her the way that Amber and Anna go after anything and anyone they don't like (which is pretty much everything that doesn't fit into their very narrow Instagram filter). 

The guys are meh. Although I am enjoying the addition of Ovie who just seems generally cool and low-key funny.

I say give the prize to the best couple on the show...Tommy and Curtis. They have the best chemistry of anyone in there. Plus, Curtis makes sure everyone gets their coffee in the morning which is reason enough to give him a prize. That and you have to appreciate a guy who scripted out exactly who his character on the show was going to be and committed to the role. All the bouquets of cheap gas station flowers to Mr. Pritchard!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ZeeEnnui said:

I'm all caught up on Hulu and I'm a little bummed that there aren't more people posting about the show.

I feel like this season has a really ugly vibe compared to previous seasons. Amber, Anna and Amy are strong with the mean girl vibes (Mollie-Mae isn't great either but she's not as aggressively awful). In past seasons when there's been drama, contestants have certainly gotten heated but the fact that Amber and Anna are so aggressive in their attacks on who they feel have "wronged them" is so ridiculous that I've been wondering if the villa is actually set in a junior high school and not Mallorca. I've read articles that viewers in the U.K. have been reporting contestants on the show for their behavior which tells you something when your fun summer show consumption tastes this bitter. I think this year it's really down to poor casting.

Also, I know that I should feel badly for Amy with the whole Curtis fiasco but....I really don't. She was downright horrible to Lucie, and honestly, writing "Mrs. Curtis Pritchard" all over her Trapper Keeper was so deeply pathetic that I had to roll my eyes. Yes, you haven't had a proper adult relationship but you've traveled the world as an air hostess so it's not like you've only lived in one of those small eccentric English villages in an episode of Midsommer Murders. Grow up. 

These girls do realize that while the girl code is great and all, they are still on a gameshow. Contestants are looking for fame (I mean, love, definitely love), Instagram likes and early skin cancer not staged best friendships. I miss the days of "I'm so loyal" Georgia from season 4. Despite her PeeWee like attachment to her word of the season, at least when Georgia caused drama with Laura, the hounds of reality show hell weren't leashed on her the way that Amber and Anna go after anything and anyone they don't like (which is pretty much everything that doesn't fit into their very narrow Instagram filter). 

The guys are meh. Although I am enjoying the addition of Ovie who just seems generally cool and low-key funny.

I say give the prize to the best couple on the show...Tommy and Curtis. They have the best chemistry of anyone in there. Plus, Curtis makes sure everyone gets their coffee in the morning which is reason enough to give him a prize. That and you have to appreciate a guy who scripted out exactly who his character on the show was going to be and committed to the role. All the bouquets of cheap gas station flowers to Mr. Pritchard!

I’m a bit surprised you didn’t mention Maura who seems to be pretty bad—worse on my watching than Amber.  I think that when Curtis chose her over Francesca it was all downhill.  But i never saw earlier seasons so i have nothing to compare it to.

(edited)

I’m a bit surprised you didn’t mention Maura who seems to be pretty bad—worse on my watching than Amber.  I think that when Curtis chose her over Francesca it was all downhill.  But i never saw earlier seasons so i have nothing to compare it to.

I've only watched through episode 30 on Hulu so Francesca has not arrived yet in the villa (they're still dealing with the aftermath of the Casa Amor massacre). They only drop five new epodes each week so I'll have to wait. So there is still time for me to add Maura to my TV shit list - so far she's been fairly entertaining and only mildly obnoxious. 

I recommend going back to past seasons. They're all on Hulu. Seasons 3-4 were very entertaining. Good viewing when you're busy doing chores and only have to half pay attention.

Edited by ZeeEnnui
Forgot to add line
  • Love 2

I'm all caught up, and holding true to my earlier assessments! I really had no problem with Amy, and I don't think she ever did anything awful to Lucie. Lucie was just very overdramatic about it (as usual). It is always very telling to me when a girl says, "I've never had any girl friends, only guys," or whatever that line was. If you can't get along with 50% of people, the problem is with YOU, Lucie, not them.

It really sucks to be a non-original cast member. I'm just watching through season 2 right now (someone said it was the biggest trainwreck of them all, and damn if that isn't what I'm here for, folks), so I'm sure this happens every season, but if you are a non original cast member on the chopping block with an OG, expect to GO DOWN. Even if no one likes the OG, the other OGs will swarm in to save them!

I'm currently trying to compare the cattishness of Amber & co. to season 2's Kady... I have not yet deliberated...

(edited)

Catching up on the last episodes now, and here's my petty comment for the day:

Are they not allowed to have hair dye in the villa? Molly-Mae, you have to do those ROOTS, woman!

Update: Heard who won, I'm mad about it, not watching the rest; I have no interest in seeing that play out.

Edited by kita
update

Are they not allowed to have hair dye in the villa? Molly-Mae, you have to do those ROOTS, woman!

Update: Heard who won, I'm mad about it, not watching the rest; I have no interest in seeing that play out.

I think they gave her a choice: orange bronzer or hair dye. Mollie-Mae made the unwise decision to go the full Oompa Loompa.

I also saw the winner announcement on Instagram. Not. Cool. U.K. Voters. Not cool at all. I'm going to finish because I love this trash show in all of it's horribly cut bathing suit glory but now I'm going to hate-watch.

How soon do we think Tommy is going to break up with Mollie-Mae to be with Lucie. I give it 1-2 months.

• Love 2

I watched the whole thing but managed to stay spoiler free. I was shocked. Then I searched online and read through some social media posts that gave me an idea of how the UK fans were feeling. Oh well. My actual favorite person on the show was Ovie. I love that guy!

• Love 2
On 8/5/2019 at 12:05 PM, OnceSane said:

Yay for Amber!  And Greg.  She was my fave through the whole season, so I'm glad to see her win the game and the money.

Can I ask why she was your favorite? I'm asking because I am legitimately baffled by the volume of support she seems to have, I really can't see it from the other side.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, kita said:

Can I ask why she was your favorite? I'm asking because I am legitimately baffled by the volume of support she seems to have, I really can't see it from the other side.

She made me laugh.  Her confidence in her self-worth.  I liked that she wasn't willing to just jump into anything and, though a bit bratty when first meeting Joanna, turned it around.  I liked that she wasn't going to settle for Michael scraps when everyone tried to push her back in his direction.  A lot of things.

I'm honestly shocked she won.  I didn't think she had support like that with the general public.  I honestly thought Tommy & Mollie Mae would win as they fit the type who usually do.  But I guess people really believed Mollie Mae was faking her feelings for Tommy.

• Love 1
On 9/14/2018 at 12:30 AM, traboule said:

So I found the show on Hulu after my friend was talking about the show and I started with Season 1. I'm on episode 15 now. The show is so addictive. I don't know if it's the "banter", the accents or what. I feel like it has some of the stuff Bachelor in Paradise falls short on - BiP is sometimes at its best when it's group dynamic fun stuff, but it does it so rarely. And while Love Island definitely has loads of ginned-up drama, it also has people cooking up breakfast together in the morning, running out into the pool in the rain, etc.

Would love to read more chatter about Season 1 if anyone's seen it. I think most of the boys are pretty terrible, though Jordan is lovely to look at and I like the way he carries himself in general. And newcomer Max seems all right. "Bring in the Jonathan" is entertaining. Of the girls, Zoe is my favorite, though I understand people who wouldn't like her. But maybe because I'm also a tall churchy girl with a prominent nose, I identify with her in some way. I'm warming up to Jess. I was completely on her side in her reaction over the stuff she overheard Luis and Josh saying in the hot tub, when they said the girls on the show were below their standards. Lauren has seemed to accept and even thrive being "just friends" with the guys. Hannah's Scouse accent! - I adore it.

It’s weird because there’s not a lot of drama to get worked up about like American shows. I agree with you about Zoe. She’s also my favorite gal but I also like Hannah a lot. I think when Hannah and Jon got the power couple move, they should have gotten rid of Omar and Jess. I’m not quite to the end of the season. Max just came in and he seems cool. Can’t stand the new girl hating on Jess. Zoe explained her well when she said she’s a flirt and she kind of puts her foot in her mouth a lot. It made me feel sorry for her.

I’ve been binged watching the UK version on Hulu the last month or so.  Here are my random thoughts on seasons 2-5:

Season 2:  love that Cara & Nathan have made it a go in the real world and their baby boy Freddie is adorable.  Knowing what happens to Sophie a few years later made watching this season a bit difficult for me.  Maybe I shouldn’t have googled so much before watching!

Season 3:  Again, knowing what happens to Mike makes things hard to enjoy part of this season, especially after he comes back at the end for another go.   And good for Jess & Dom to have made it work in the real world.   Camilla & Jamie too.  Wish they had won.

Season 4: favorite was by far Georgia.  Loved her and see that she’s getting ready to film the US version of “Ex on the beach” with Sam (that should go over well, not).   Never got into the Dani/Jack storyline so no surprise they didn’t last.  His teeth alone would send me running.  And if Laura the air hostess was 29, then I’m 29 too.

Season 5:  add me to the small list that LOVED Amber.  Thought she went on a true journey, with at the beginning thinking that she was hot stuff, that all the guys would fall over themselves to be with her to realizing that would not be the case then to having to deal with Michael and his loser ways to then getting this gift from the producers in Greg coming on the show and having an instant connection. 

I know a lot wasn’t shown of them, but I think his grandmother dying just a few days after he got there and him having to leave the villa for the funeral did make a difference in what we saw about their relationship.  Plus, Greg deserved to win the money for (1) telling Curtis “what was your thought process behind that” when he found out that Curtis advice to Jordan was to talk to India first over Anna and (2) for writing a poem during the love declarations .   So, they are easily my second favorite winners after Cara & Nathan.  Will they last, doubt it as they are both so young and he’s now actively training for the Tokyo Olympics so he'll have a tough upcoming year with rugby but who knows.

As for the others, don’t see anyone else lasting except Ovie & India.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

Anyone out there watching the current season on Hulu?  

I'm watching the current season, but I'm so bored.  There's no there there.  Yeah, it's the first couple weeks, but nothing is really happening.

• Love 1

I’m watching, but not sure for how long. This may be the worst group they’ve had. Nobody seems all that into each other, and the women seem particularly stuck up and self-absorbed this year.

1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

I’m watching, but not sure for how long. This may be the worst group they’ve had. Nobody seems all that into each other, and the women seem particularly stuck up and self-absorbed this year.

Pretty much everyone sucks.  Just the personalities are so...nonexistent.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Pretty much everyone sucks.  Just the personalities are so...nonexistent.

I had hopes for Sophie and Shauna, but Shauna is pretty petty and immature and Sophie is callous and self-centered. Plus, I’m only five episodes in and they’ve already giving up even showing half the cast. 

So sad about Caroline's suicide.   Wish she would have gotten the help she so needed.

Def puts everything into perspective and you wonder how ITV will edit the last week of the season as does anyone really care now who "wins"!?!

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

So sad about Caroline's suicide.   Wish she would have gotten the help she so needed.

Def puts everything into perspective and you wonder how ITV will edit the last week of the season as does anyone really care now who "wins"!?!

Wait, did they say it was a suicide? The article I read only said that she had been found dead in her flat and that her family had requested that the media back off and give them some privacy right now while they process what's happened.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Wait, did they say it was a suicide? The article I read only said that she had been found dead in her flat and that her family had requested that the media back off and give them some privacy right now while they process what's happened.

Yes.

7 hours ago, nichelle said:

Very sad. There have been a number of suicides from those on this show. I don't know if I am recalling the number correctly, but isn't this the fourth? 

Sounds right. It was so bad the show started mandatory counseling sessions for Islanders when they left the Island to prep them for the outside. Sadly, I’m not sure Caroline was afforded this resource as she’s a host and not a contestant. (And, to be fair, I don’t think we know the whole story of what happened with Caroline)

Getting back to the current season, it’d be great if they changed up the format. The show is getting stale and this cast is still pretty lame. It’s the same “drama” and personality types every season, with the same storylines. As much as the show originally had twists and turns compared to other shows, now people have figured out the format (more or less) and know how to play the game. 

17 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Getting back to the current season, it’d be great if they changed up the format. The show is getting stale and this cast is still pretty lame. It’s the same “drama” and personality types every season, with the same storylines. As much as the show originally had twists and turns compared to other shows, now people have figured out the format (more or less) and know how to play the game. 

Do you think Finn is a huge game player?  I keep seeing stuff around Twitter but opinion seems split.  I think he's a little too pretend-perfect.

1 hour ago, OnceSane said:

Do you think Finn is a huge game player?  I keep seeing stuff around Twitter but opinion seems split.  I think he's a little too pretend-perfect.

Really? Aw, that’s a shame. I don’t follow Twitter or read about the show outside of here. There are so many unlikeable cast members this season (Callum, Shaughna, Paige, Siannese, Natalia) that I was hoping Finn was legit.  

Can someone explain the Mike/Jess situation for me? I skipped about a week of the series because I was bored, then started watching for Casa Amor. As I understand it, Mike wasn’t paired with anyone but started connecting with Jess (who was with Luke M?). All the girls seemed shocked when Mike came back with Priscilla, but as a single didn’t he have to couple up with someone to stay in the Villa? And, honestly, I never heard Jess even mention Mike when he left, it seemed like all she thought about was picking between Ched and Biggs. I honestly didn’t know there had ever been anything between her and Mike until the recoupling, due to how they both talked and behaved. So, I’m not sure how the narrative became that Mike is untrustworthy and that’s why Jess picked Ched. It never really seemed like she was ever picking Mike. 

• Love 1