Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Don't Ask, Don't Tell

• Start Topic

Holy cow, I didn't remember that Kelly Being A Bitch to Matt (and my gawd, I can't believe we've made it to Matt) about whatever Issue his case touches on started from their very first interaction.  Why Matt didn't tell her to lose her number after this is beyond me.

Here's something about Noah's drunk-driving case - didn't he kill Dead Beth in a drunk-driving accident?  Wouldn't that prior be in his record somewhere (he was college-aged so it wouldn't be in a sealed juvie record), even if the Hunters bought him out of a majority of the charges?  And again, why the doubling down on the Dylan 2.0 stuff ("I'm drinking because I have sads about my dad!") when 1.0's return is, like, three episodes away?

Shut up, David.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Worth noting, the guy who plays Matt (Daniel Cosgrove) came from the soap opera school of acting. I remembered him at the time as Scott Chandler on All My Children. I guess 90210 didn't give him his big break, because he went back to the soaps after, including AMC, Guiding Light, As the World Turns, AND Days of Our Lives (dang).

Most interesting (to me) is that his first credit is the delightful Jennifer Aniston/Paul Rudd 1998 movie, The Object of My Affection.

• Love 1

Matt is fine, I guess? Looks-wise, he's too much like a Sean Cody model for me to find attractive, but character-wise, he's not super offensive. Eh, we'll see.

I loathe Val's exit storyline. Of all the things they could've done, rehashing and retconing her abuse and then following it with going back to Buffalo with her heinous mother is the absolute worst. Gives me an idea for a user challenge, though: Five ways Val could've left the show that weren't this. Ugh.

Don't really care about the rest of the episode. David, and Sophie, and webcams, and zzz....

Next week we bid Brandon adeus. And we'll never see him (in person) again.  

• Love 4

I don't understand what is going on with Piss-Face David and Sophie. He seems to hate her 99% of the time...except for when he's sleeping with her. I wish Steve would just punch him in the face and we could be done with it. I never watched these seasons....is there any chance David will be one of the ones we never saw again??

Thanks Tara and Sarah for this nice long episode which filled up a good chunk of my drive today from Chicago to Milwaukee. I was getting off the highway and at a red light when Tara said "Brandon's new auburn tresses" and I started laughing out loud and Sarah's "old man men rinse" really sent me over the edge and I started crying. The person in the car next to me was totally staring. 

Kelly is shitty in so many ways in this episode. (her telling Donna to blow off work was almost exactly like Brandon telling her to blow off her first day at the Foundation Foundation so they could go to Hawaii) Her "I don't have any problems" speech, aside from being so untrue (like why are you complaining about Brandon not calling you back then, you daughter of a drug addict runaway dad having eating disordered coke fiend) is such bad writing. It would have made so much more sense if she was like "I now realize I'm a rich white girl with my whole life ahead of me, maybe I should stop obsessing about my failed wedding to this guy I met in high school and just live my life." I wish I had any sort of insight into what as going on in the writer's room at this stage of the show, were college interns in charge? 

User challenge ideas: 5 inappropriate moments in the show where the theme song could have kicked in (I kept thinking it was going to interrupt Val's heavy moment with her mom) and 5 ways the show would be better if Jon Wurster as Philly Boy Roy from The Best Show was a character instead of Noah.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Anyone else missing Jesse and his smackdown on white privilege (he be gone, he be outta here) when Noah basically gets off for this second DUI? Is this before mandatory sentencing? He bitches about rehab?

Wasn't Matt originally into Donna? I feel so bad for these people that they start bringing in... soap veterans who needed to fire their agents on the spot.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

Anyone else missing Jesse and his smackdown on white privilege (he be gone, he be outta here) when Noah basically gets off for this second DUI? Is this before mandatory sentencing? He bitches about rehab?

Wasn't Matt originally into Donna? I feel so bad for these people that they start bringing in... soap veterans who needed to fire their agents on the spot.

Most of these actors sucks so I don't feel bad for them. I feel bad for their agents. What else were they going to book them on?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

Just wait - Matt will also get Dylan out of jail time for breaking & entering with a handgun into the old Marchette mansion.  And when he's arrested, he has heroin on him.  And then later he gives a gun to Kelly which she ends up using to kill her rapist.  The gun is not registered and Matt tells Dylan he could be in a lot of trouble, so of course Dylan does his angsty tough guy thing.  And I guess it works since he never goes to jail, argh!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, meggonzo said:

Just wait - Matt will also get Dylan out of jail time for breaking & entering with a handgun into the old Marchette mansion.  And when he's arrested, he has heroin on him.  And then later he gives a gun to Kelly which she ends up using to kill her rapist.  The gun is not registered and Matt tells Dylan he could be in a lot of trouble, so of course Dylan does his angsty tough guy thing.  And I guess it works since he never goes to jail, argh!

Oh my, I must have stopped watching by then. I vaguely remember the boutique boutique and Sophie’s existence, but the rest is all new to me. Seems I didn’t miss out on anything, but I send my heartfelt thanks to our hosts for sticking with it! 

• Love 1

Gads, it’s milquetoast mall attorney Matt time. Ugh.
I’m pretty sure heroin-addicted Dylan does not have bellybutton-itis. He can however, apparently drink without issues or problems. Not that being an alcoholic prone to falling off the wagon and getting sick on two airplane bottles of vodka, were ever a remotely important part of his character.

WRITERS!!!!!!!!!!
Season 9 man howdy.

• Love 1