Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

Noooo! I love Joe, but why do they get to xover and not Iris? Ugh, I hope they’re trolling. If Ralph crosses over, while Iris has never had the chance to (and the 1 big xover doesn’t count), I’ll be so pissed.

23 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

It's a freaking joke at this point, most cops spend a year or more undercover on a single assignment.  Dinah would have to be a 20 year veteran to have done all the undercover jobs they attribute to her.  

My friends and I had a joke that we were surprised that they didn't just get the cake that they got for Oliver in 522 made by Dinah when she was an undercover baker, and that was in s5!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Noooo! I love Joe, but why do they get to xover and not Iris? Ugh, I hope they’re trolling. If Ralph crosses over, while Iris has never had the chance to (and the 1 big xover doesn’t count), I’ll be so pissed.

They’ve got the perfect set up. Iris is back in journalism, an exclusive with Oliver Queen would be a get. Felicity is pregnant, maybe a heart to heart about motherhood. 

But alas... nope.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Chaser said:

They’ve got the perfect set up. Iris is back in journalism, an exclusive with Oliver Queen would be a get. Felicity is pregnant, maybe a heart to heart about motherhood. 

But alas... nope.

Not sure Iris having an adult daughter that showed up years before she's ever going to be pregnant really qualifies her to give a lot of advice about motherhood.  Felicity probably has more experience parenting William (both before Oliver went to jail and then even more so while they were in Witness Protection) but they could I guess talk about changed perspectives.  Or could have if they ever let Iris have any friends.   

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Posted 714 description in Spoiler Only thread.

Does the lack of mention about FF mean no FF? Cause you'd think an episode titled Brothers and Sisters and right after that cliffy would have FF

Kat said shes in 13 14 15 16 and 17 as well 

17 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Does the lack of mention about FF mean no FF? Cause you'd think an episode titled Brothers and Sisters and right after that cliffy would have FF

The FF crew were in the cast list of the script for 714 and they definitely filmed them for 714, and the press releases have never mentioned the FFs so far this season (probably to keep up that line Beth had about "the FF won't be in every episode" kind of mystery to it). It is really sad that even after the cliffhanger and twists were revealed that they didn't at least mention it in the press release though. C'mon, Chico.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

It is really sad that even after the cliffhanger and twists were revealed that they didn't at least mention it in the press release though. C'mon, Chico.

She probably wasn't thinking of (or didn't know about) the break after 13, and wrote it as if it would be released before that ep had aired.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

After learning Olicity are having a baby and Mia is their future daughter, I can’t  wait to watch more Argus and Diaz and Emiko. Really sooo excited 😑

I can see it now. We'll be watching it and cursing for our Olicity scene while Oliver tries to be chummy with Emiko as she continues to act sour. 

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

She probably wasn't thinking of (or didn't know about) the break after 13, and wrote it as if it would be released before that ep had aired.

Ah, I thought she wrote them week of posting. She was complaining about how hard it was to write the press release for 707 the Wednesday before the press release came out.

2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Ah, I thought she wrote them week of posting. She was complaining about how hard it was to write the press release for 707 the Wednesday before the press release came out.

Maybe she does! I don't know - it's hard to tell since she sucks at her job in every way. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

From Chris King's review of 713...

... No longer is this future storyline simply about an “abandoned” William halfheartedly trying to figure out what new disaster is coming for Star City; instead, it’s about two Queen siblings who have never met, who apparently didn’t even know the other existed, working together to not just save the city but create a stronger between themselves as well and, hopefully, find their parents in the process. If that sounds a lot like Oliver and Emiko’s storyline in the present day, you’re not wrong, and I don’t think it’s an accident.

I'd rather see more of this... and less of Diaz and the Ghost Initiative. Unfortunately, the show seems to be building up to a big Dante reveal, which means more Diaz.

It's still funny how Diaz always needs someone or something else to be scary (Cayden James, super drug, Longbow Hunters, Dante), while Stan was scary all by his lonesome.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9

They still all have to start to tie together soon. Like, because Curtis is gone, Diggle probably needs Felicity's help. Felicity when she helps finds out about the new Suicide Squad and gets mad. Cue forest nightmare. Gets upset with Diggle, Oliver (and maybe Diggle) find out that Felicity is pregnant, something comes to head with the Ghost Initiative, the team finds out something about Dante that connects to Star City.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I know Brothers and Sisters refers to Mia/William and Oliver/Emiko but I hope it also speaks to Felicity/Diggle.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, I think that Dig/Felicity brother/sister thing was dropped a long time ago.  To be honest, I don't even know if it actually existed in the show or was just fannon.  They've been solid in Oliver/Diggle brotherhood since S2, no coincidence that happened after the show killed Tommy off (pretty sure that was supposed to be the main theme of the show).  However, with Felicity, starting in S3, when she became the official Love Interest they moved Diggle away from Felicity to fully be Oliver's Bestie.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

I think it was canon in Season 2 - he paid attention to her and cared about her feelings then (being there for her when she felt like she wasn't a valuable member of the team, sitting in front of her house all night when Slade was on his rampage, etc). He's been a barely there to terrible friend to her in the 5 years that followed, though. 

• Love 16
46 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think it was canon in Season 2 - he paid attention to her and cared about her feelings then (being there for her when she felt like she wasn't a valuable member of the team, sitting in front of her house all night when Slade was on his rampage, etc). He's been a barely there to terrible friend to her in the 5 years that followed, though. 

Yep.

I’m still bothered by him going to her in 307(?) about Ray.

But I also feel like the show wants us to think Felicity and Diggle are close without actually having to show it. We’re supposed to just accept that they talk off-screen and that’s fine, which it isn’t. And after what they set up at the beginning of the season and Diggle’s Diaz secret coming out in 714, I just wish I didn’t have such low expectations for that resolution. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Imagine if Felicity's working at home when Laurel stops by with a bunch of healthy food.

Laurel: "Well, you turned down meeting for drinks last night, so I figured you're pregnant." 

"Here, have this banana with an exceptionally long stem. You need the potassium!"

• LOL 1

I'm going to be really annoyed if Felicity tells Laurel before Oliver.

Ok did SA get a hold of Felicity's wardrobe too? 

I don't care much for Emiko, but the actress is stunning. I wish Felicity was with them instead of having lunch with Laurel.

• Love 2

It will be interesting to see if all the Laurel fans who are suddenly concerned about Emily's welfare for being disrespected by being stuck with a pregnancy storyline change their tune if Laurel is the one learning about the pregnancy first lol.

The sad thing is Laurel is really the only person who has been a friend to Felicity this season. I hate that that's true, but look at the others. Yes, it's stupid, given that Laurel was trying to kill them all last year, but it is what it is and that's the story they're telling this season.

I wish they'd bring Alena or Rory back, even just for 2-3 episodes. They could still have the Felicity/Laurel friendship since they love it so much , but Felicity deserves to have more than one friend. 

1 minute ago, Soulfire said:

That's just unnecessary. 

• Love 3
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

The sad thing is Laurel is really the only person who has been a friend to Felicity this season. I hate that that's true, but look at the others. Yes, it's stupid, given that Laurel was trying to kill them all last year, but it is what it is and that's the story they're telling this season.

I actually like Laurel and Felicity's scenes (more so when they were being snarky to each other, but still). I don't mind them being friends, but I'd like it if all the awful shit that Laurel did to her and her family was addressed and apologized for instead of everyone pretending like it didn't happen. I know these writers are lazy as shit, especially when it comes to Laurel, but that should be one of the very first boxes you check off in a ~redemption story.

• Love 12

Honestly I boil down the Laurel and Felicity instant friendship to the writers both wanting to validate Laurels redemption and trying to be pro-feminism and pro-bechel test. Two women having a friendship not based around men and women supporting women all that jazz.

But the problem is they skipped like a thousand steps on Laurels redemption journey and on actually developing a genuine friendship between them which intentional or not just makes it seem like they are trying to gaslight the audience 

• Love 14

Imagine if Felicity got to have scene with Lyla who (a) has given birth, (b) can relate to raising a child in a dangerous environment, and (c) could have an interesting discussion with her about using Diaz for the sake of catching a bigger bad. But why would anyone want to see that when Felicity is needed for Laurel Redemption Duty?

• Love 18

They really needed to find a way to put BS in the episode, huh? 😬😂

As Oliver is off bonding with his sister for most of the episode, I think it’s pretty obvious BS is gonna find out Felicity is pregnant before Oliver does. Not a fan of that but it is what it is. 

These stills are so boring though. I will only be watching so I can see Felicity tell Oliver she’s pregnant, and that probably won’t happen until the end. 

2 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

But why would anyone want to see that when Felicity is needed for Laurel Redemption Duty?

Im pretty sure the answer to that question is this:

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

They really needed to find a way to put BS in the episode, huh? 😬😂

I mean really what is Laurel really contributing as a character to the show right now in any meaningful way? She's not mentioned or seems to be a factor or player in the flash forwards and she doesn't seem to be much of an active player in the present storyline either. Being Felicitys bff seems to be her only relevant storyline right now, now that her redemption journey is basically over.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

But the problem is they skipped like a thousand steps on Laurels redemption journey and on actually developing a genuine friendship between them which intentional or not just makes it seem like they are trying to gaslight the audience 

Yeah, they probably could've mollified this for a lot of people by just letting Felicity and Laurel have an honest conversation where Laurel apologized for kidnapping, assaulting, and/or trying to kill each member of the Queen family at one point or another. Making Felicity act like she has amnesia about all of that leaves a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

But whatever. Laurel had better buy them a banging baby/sorry-I-tried-to-kill-you-once! gift.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Recent podcast interview with Kelly Hu - sounds like 714 is the last episode with China White (she was in 711-Past Sins)...

-- KH: "China White is back... Well, she's not dead. I did a couple more episodes... I shot them, one is yet still to air... Well, I did two of them. The first one aired."

-- KH is not aware of any talks about a Ghost Initiative spin-off series.

-- KH said that there was a deleted scene (in past season) with her and Michael Jai White showing that their characters (China White and Bronze Tiger) had a relationship. She was disappointed that it didn't make the cut because she had dieted for the lingerie scene.

#260 Kelly Hu - Lady Deathstrike from X2 and China White from Arrow
https://www.spreaker.com/user/10945005/cbc-ep-260-kelly-hu

Edited by tv echo

If they needed a friend for Felicity, Lyla is right there. Plus she’s a mother herself. This is why the BS scene feels so forced. Makes me cringe. And I say that as someone who hasn’t hated BS/Felicity scenes. I just don’t like this instant BFF thing they’re trying to sell. 😬

5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I hope this is the last we see of Diaz. Please let this be the last we see of Diaz.

I hope this is last we see of that mall-cop uniform on Diggle. It's a crime against humanity.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3