Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Buffy was on WB network which the CW use to be  and probably was made on less money then Arrow and they could make actors look like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5F2xxRidH_FSgpzn6mu7

So I don't think it's beyond them to put a few wrinkles on some one who is probably suppose to be between 50-60 years old. I think it's either a vanity choice by Juliana and Colton or a half assessed can't be bother putting in any effort choice by the make up artist. 

They did put a few wrinkles on them.

maxresdefault.jpg

Neither have the power to go against what BS wants. 

7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

She did have wrinkles around her eyes but the lighting is so damn dim you can't see them except in the close ups

Yeah, up close she was somewhat wrinkled. 

In this pic she just looks like your ~cool Aunt Dinah who lets you drive before you have a learner's permit, and sneaks you beer when you visit because it's safer for you to get drunk with her than out at some party!

• Love 2

I'm more focused on Dinah's hair, TBH. Look how bleak the future is, yet it looks like Dinah has time to go to a hair salon and get her hair done, maybe even between scenes. "Hold up, I'll tell you what else has gone horribly wrong in the past X years, but first, I have a hair appointment. Maybe a mani/pedi too." 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

This is what real people look like nowadays (even outside of Hollywood, I know plenty)

40.jpg

They arent going to be all wrinkled up.

LOL I don't know that Sandra Bullock Jennifer Aniston and their expensive beauty regimes and most likely (definitely) plastic surgery makes them "real people".  

Star City is suppose to be apocalyptic. Those citizen definitely don't have Hollywood beauty regimes and plastic surgeons.  

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I trust her opinion usually but not sure how they will make me really care if it's only Oliver 

2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

So how are we on the Felicity is dead thing?

I'm cool with her being a "villain". Or maybe E2 Felicity kidnapped real Felicity in the future. 

I swear they practically screamed she's not really dead or evil.  

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm cool with her being a "villain". Or maybe E2 Felicity kidnapped real Felicity in the future. 

Well, she was supposedly only "murdered" 2 weeks ago so her being dead is unlikely. I also don't think she's evil at all, not with with the heavy-handed way they tried to make out she was. EYE ROLL.

I'm hoping Oliver and Felicity are just doing their own thing and only now need some help or something.

Just now, Mellowyellow said:

@BkWurm1 is it all Oliver next week? After I'm going to sit through the ffing Oliver B.S. scenes this week????

Nothing is ALL just one character but everything points to it mostly being focused on him.  And Diaz.  

I don't think she's dead or a villain- I think she and potentially Oliver want people to think she's dead/gone evil. 

Im thinking that either her and Oliver infiltrated or are trying to infiltrate an evil organisation/group by pretending to be bad in some kind of under cover mission or the show will do a dramatic twist and we learn Dinah and co are the ones that are evil and corrupted and she's playing  or misleading William.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Well, she was supposedly only "murdered" 2 weeks ago so her being dead is unlikely. I also don't think she's evil at all, not with with the heavy-handed way they tried to make out she was. EYE ROLL.

I'm hoping Oliver and Felicity are just doing their own thing and only now need some help or something.

Yeah, they kept saying she changed and associated with some really dangerous people but doing whatever it takes easily explains stuff.  

24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

(Poor Felicity, responsible for getting Oliver out of Slabside and planning Curtis' birthday party.)

So those spoilers where everyone is dressed up, are probably gonna be for his birthday. God, I hope not.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

So those spoilers where everyone is dressed up, are probably gonna be for his birthday. God, I hope not.

Oh god. If she planned all that for his whining ass (which he will probably still somehow whine about)...someone is going to have to peel me off the wall. 

Thanks in advance.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Isn't' that two weeks ahead?  Curtis's party is next week.  I'm hoping it gets canceled when Slabside riots.  

"Curtis, we are co-opting your party because MY HUSBAND GOT OUT OF PRISON. Since I planned the party anyway, I figured you wouldn't mind. K thx"

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Oh god. If she planned all that for his whining ass (which he will probably still somehow whine about)...someone is going to have to peel me off the wall. 

Thanks in advance.

SAME. It just seems like too much of a coincidence. I want nothing more than to be totally wrong.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Of all things why would he escape and then break INTO the prison? 

This is the brain trust of a villain we have this year. Sigh. 

Since Anatoly off practicing his American accent, what beloved character does Diaz kill? 

• Love 2
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

I’m guessing Stan when he breaks into prison?

That would be hilarious if KA thinks the newly revealed killer will earn him cred.  And really, beyond that we have Rene and Curtis.  No way Diggle dies.   

KA really isn't reading the room, again, if he thinks that we will care if Stanley dies.  Although since it's in the prison, he's the one mostly liked. 

I'm still hoping that the "beloved character" is Curtis since he hasn't appeared in the flash forwards.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

KA really isn't reading the room, again, if he thinks that we will care if Stanley dies.  Although since it's in the prison, he's the one mostly liked. 

I'm still hoping that the "beloved character" is Curtis since he hasn't appeared in the flash forwards.

We're going to have to play a guessing game of "How stupid is KA" to guess which character it is. 

• Love 2

Theory: Felicity and Oliver went underground in the future for something related to Maya. Just like no one wanted to help in the present, everyone turned their backs on them in the future but are acting like they are the problem. Just like everything Felicity and Oliver are doing in the present is for their family, so is everything they do in the future.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, calliope1975 said:

This is the brain trust of a villain we have this year. Sigh. 

Since Anatoly off practicing his American accent, what beloved character does Diaz kill? 

With Avacados huge ego it would not surprise the F out of me if he read the script of the Dinah scene that Felicity was "murdered" and just assumed "It totally was me. Come on writers". 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Theory: Felicity and Oliver went underground in the future for something related to Maya. Just like no one wanted to help in the present, everyone turned their backs on them in the future but are acting like they are the problem. Just like everything Felicity and Oliver are doing in the present is for their family, so is everything they do in the future.

I'm actually hoping if Maya is in the FF and runs into Dinah she treats her coldly. Shes sussopledy Anti Vilgante so I do wonder If she is cause she watched Her mom and Dad get destroyed by it/do everything they could to save the city just to get no thanks for it. I could see her hating it cause the lifestyle "Killed" her mother maybe her father as well! I so want Maya if she is Felicity and Oliver's daughter to be a very Devoted Daughter 

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1

So, did Laurel actually make a deal to exchange Oliver for Diaz, or was she playing Felicity? I was wondering if she used that story as a front to get some good 'ol murder justice on Diaz on her own. I couldn't tell if her weird facial expressions were smug at Diaz because he was going to prison, which surely she knows he'd try to get out of, if she was just satisfied that he was going to prison even though he didn't seem too bothered by it, or if she was communicating to him that something else was going down. I'm guessing it was real because Oliver somehow gets out of prison, but at the same time the FBI didn't give two shits about Diaz so I can't imagine they would care enough to swap out a prisoner for him when Oliver would already be willing to help them with their case from behind bars. 

I guess it's just Arrow being Arrow? 

Edited by apinknightmare
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

So, did Laurel actually make a deal to exchange Oliver for Diaz, or was she playing Felicity? I was wondering if she used that story as a front to get some good 'ol murder justice on Diaz on her own. I couldn't tell if her weird facial expressions were smug at Diaz because he was going to prison, which surely she knows he'd try to get out of, or if she was just satisfied that he was going to prison even though he didn't seem too bothered by it. I'm guessing it was real because he somehow gets out of prison, but at the same time the FBI didn't give two shits about Diaz so I can't imagine they would care enough to swap out a prisoner for him when Oliver would already be willing to help them with their case from behind bars. 

Honestly I would give the writers huge props if they did a twist that BS had been helping Felicity this whole time just to help get Diaz in prison because that's where he wants to be for his evil plans and that the "I'm good now" was just her gaslighting Team Arrow and she's still working with Diaz and still bad.

But because these writers are basic and unimaginative I'm going to assume Laurel was just happy that she put away a bad guy and saved Oliver. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Honestly I would give the writers huge props if they did a twist that BS had been helping Felicity this whole time just to help get Diaz in prison because that's where he wants to be for his evil plans and that the "I'm good now" was just her gaslighting Team Arrow and she's still working with Diaz and still bad.

But because these writers are basic and unimaginative I'm going to assume Laurel was just happy that she put away a bad guy and saved Oliver. 

I didn't necessarily think she was working with him, just that maybe she wanted to kill him herself so she cooked up a scheme to get him out of SCPD so she could do it - only that goes awry since he breaks into prison for some idiotic reason.

5 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

So, did Laurel actually make a deal to exchange Oliver for Diaz, or was she playing Felicity? I was wondering if she used that story as a front to get some good 'ol murder justice on Diaz on her own. I couldn't tell if her weird facial expressions were smug at Diaz because he was going to prison, which surely she knows he'd try to get out of, if she was just satisfied that he was going to prison even though he didn't seem too bothered by it, or if she was communicating to him that something else was going down. I'm guessing it was real because Oliver somehow gets out of prison, but at the same time the FBI didn't give two shits about Diaz so I can't imagine they would care enough to swap out a prisoner for him when Oliver would already be willing to help them with their case from behind bars. 

The FBI barely cared about Diaz when he was loose but Dinah made a point about how the FBI were going to get their noses rubbed in it that they didn’t have anything to do with his arrest.  By giving them the prisoner, I was thinking they get to pretend he’s their victory and save face. Basically that Star City trades the glory of doing what the FBI couldn’t for Oliver’s release from his deal.  I liked the notion because it also meant Dinah would have to stop the smug crowing.

• Love 1

I love that the stills for an episode that will presumably heavily feature Diaz have no Diaz in them. Can we keep the tradition of characters getting focused on ends up in them dying? Stanley is right there. Come on, buddy, do it for your hero. If they had Stanley off DDDragon, I'd happily give up my dream of Felicity doing the deed. 

Oliver's team up with Turner has potential. 

7 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Oliver's team up with Turner has potential

Yeah, especially since he probably has to go break him out from the hole. Like,

Oliver: Ok, this is awkward. I'm sorry that I accidentally implicated you for something my friend turned secret evil person did, wanna be allies in this riot?

have waited 8 freaking episodes! WHAT IF I GET NOTHING?????

It's only been 6 episodes, and if there's not one in 707, then you have to wait 7 and wouldn't have to worry about Bamford

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, especially since he probably has to go break him out from the hole. Like,

Oliver: Ok, this is awkward. I'm sorry that I accidentally implicated you for something my friend turned secret evil person did, wanna be allies in this riot?

It's only been 6 episodes, and if there's not one in 707, then you have to wait 7 and wouldn't have to worry about Bamford

I've decided Bamford is the least of my probs if Oliver walks out of jail end of 707 and they sit at the breakfast table a week later in 708 which could very well happen.

17 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Guys what if the writers don't give us an Olicity reunion scene? They didn't in S6. The whole freaking Island blew up and NO ffing reunion! 

I have waited 8 freaking episodes! WHAT IF I GET NOTHING?????

I think the difference is this whole season has built up Oliver and Felicity fight for each other.  They are the reward.  So Oliver’s freedom isn’t complete until he reunites with Felicity whereas when they blew up the island the main question was, who survived and how?  So now I’ve convinced myself we will get a reunion shot in 707. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I think the difference is this whole season has built up Oliver and Felicity fight for each other.  They are the reward.  So Oliver’s freedom isn’t complete until he reunites with Felicity whereas when they blew up the island the main question was, who survived and how?  So now I’ve convinced myself we will get a reunion shot in 707. 

I hope you're right. I'll even take a half bodied Bamford shot if the alternative is a cut to the breakfast table a week later.

I don't nit pick the dumb shit one this show but I better get a reunion shot.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

Isn't that Part of Mayas character description? I was joking to myself before they revealed who Futures Felicity's last known Contact was that the name Maya would come up lol

Kind of. Maya was supposed to be an anti-vigilante cop named Jessie Bowden (per Tvline's and the Hashtag Show's sources), then was reportedly a thief (per leaked audition sides), and the underground fighter came once KM was cast, so I'm honestly curious as to whether all of these people are supposed to be the same woman or not

Ngl, I had the exact same thought during 706 (not that it would say her name or anything, but would just have coordinates that lead to the underground fight club, which is what's basically happening anyway) 

• Love 2

If Maya isn't Blackstar, maybe Blackstar is someone who knows where Maya is? 

And how sad is it that I can see Dinah, as Oliver and Felicity's "friend," knowing that's why Felicity went underground and just omitting that from what she's told Roy and William. 

Roy and William: "Dinah, didn't you think to tell us Felicity was looking for her daughter?"

Dinah shrugs: "Felicity changed. She refused to work with us when we decided her family didn't matter (again). She was wrong, evil, etc. We're right."

Roy and William call the cops on Dinah: "We'd like to report a vigilante sighting." 

• Love 3