Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Too Close for Comfort

• Start Topic

So the show is giving the couples $5k a month, I don't think they've ever said that on any season.

What's with all these people who don't cook? 

Has cooking become a lost art?  

Why?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10
(edited)

Wow. Tristan must have a lot of money saved up from when he played basketball or tutoring is a very lucrative business.  His condo is really nice.

Dave’s condo is a lot nicer than I would have assumed. He is really neat and his furniture is very nice. He also has art on the walls.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I think Tristan better keep a close eye on that 5k. I wonder how much stuff at Mia’s apt. was bought with the stolen credit card? 

How much $$ did she spend with the stolen card?  I thought she just bought something for the ex boyfriend with it.  I don't think she stole like millions of dollars.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

How much $$ did she spend with the stolen card?  I thought she just bought something for the ex boyfriend with it.  I don't think she stole like millions of dollars.

Oh IDK. I’m just being snarky because I don’t trust Mia. 

• Love 8

I have my own thoughts about Mia, and it's going to take me a while to articulate it.

Interesting that this season they're giving them $5k/month. 

How much $$$ does Amber spend anyway?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5
(edited)

Amber:  spend some money fixing that hair, if you spend anything.

ETA:  I am a budget spreadsheet person, too, so I’m on board with Bobby.  Danielle needs to invest in some laser hair removal.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 12

Oh, Danielle how in debt are you?  That's not good, not at all.

What did you all want them to do to Mia, execute her?  It's not like the woman killed someone.

Besides, I don't think she and Tristan will last the eight weeks. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, crgirl412 said:

I really do not like Mia at all.  I love Tristan and could watch him just living life.  He comes the REAL Bobby!  Money will bring it out!!

In his defense 15K in credit card debt is a lot. I wouldn’t have been too happy if my husband had that much credit card debt. But we knew each other before we got married and both have pretty similar views on finances. 

• Love 11

15K credit card debt?  Damn that is a lot.  I wouldn't want to marry anybody who has that shitload of debt. 

Also, I can't stand Danielle's voice...she's trying to sound like a little girl and failing at it.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, JAndy said:

In his defense 15K in credit card debt is a lot. I wouldn’t have been too happy if my husband had that much credit card debt. But we knew each other before we got married and both have pretty similar views on finances. 

I agree it's a lot of money for sure!  He looked pissed as though this was on ongoing issue in their years of marriage.  If he didn't want to deal with someone's debt, don't get married at first sight. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

What did you all want them to do to Mia, execute her?  It's not like the woman killed someone.

Besides, I don't think she and Tristan will last the eight weeks. 

I think it’s intersting timing that the warrant for her arrest went out after she got on the show. The guy knew where she was. 

Agreed, I don’t think they last. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Oh. The Hobby Lobby GOD letters.  Are those supposed to keep you from stalking and robbing people, Mia?

No .. to get you out of the klinker.

• Love 5

They get the 5k for two months, if Danielle and Bobby put that on her CC debt, then it’s 2/3 paid off. Simple. It’s funny how they keep saying the money is from the experts, like they are giving them their own personal money. 

I love that Danielle fosters dogs and I love Henry. 

I love Paisley too. She’s just feeling out her new home. Dave seems easily stressed out. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 16
44 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Wow. Tristan must have a lot of money saved up from when he played basketball or tutoring is a very lucrative business.  His condo is really nice.

Dave’s condo is a lot nicer than I would have assumed. He is really neat and his furniture is very nice. He also has art on the walls.

He probably owns a tutoring franchise where they make bank!  It is very expensive to send your kids to one and they don't pay their teachers well at all.  I worked at Huntington Learning Centers when I was a new teacher in the '90s.   

https://www.franchisechatter.com/2018/01/17/10-best-tutoring-franchises-2017-2018/

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

They get the 5k for two months, if Danielle and Bobby put that on her CC debt, then it’s 2/3 paid off. Simple. It’s funny how they keep saying the money is from the experts, like they are giving them their own personal money. 

I love Paisley too. She’s just feeling out her new home. Dave seems easily stressed out. 

Dave is very rigid and it’s making Amber nervous.  There’s going to be a clash there.  He doesn’t care for the cat either.  Not good.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

So the show is giving the couples $5k a month, I don't think they've ever said that on any season.

What's with all these people who don't cook? 

Has cooking become a lost art?  

Why?

When my husband and I were first married I did the cooking. I didn't really enjoy it and I wasn't very good at it. My husband decided that since he liked cooking and was much better at it, he would take that job over. We've been doing it this way for 40 years. We both know our own strengths.

• Love 9

I’m trying very hard to like Dave, just because he seems like the most stable of the three guys, but he’s really making it a challenge tonight.  He’s so tightly wound.  He’s being careful to say all the right things, all tied up in neat little bows, but it’s just not quite adding up.  That bleached woman of his (and her cat!) is going to drive him nuts.  I love her quote from the preview for next week: “I already have friends.  I don’t feel Iike I need new friends.”  Does this woman know what marriage is or has all of that hair dye gotten to her brain?  She doesn’t have to be BFFs with them, she just has to sit down to a meal and be pleasant for 90 minutes.  Dave is getting ready to find out what his gym buddy was talking about.

As for Danielle, wow!  $15K of debt!  I don’t want to judge because some people really do go into debt for unavoidable reasons, but she gets a Bark Box every month (as seen on the spreadsheet), plus eyelashes and $450 of waxing each year?  That shit adds up fast.  I see no issue with someone buying those things for themselves, but don’t rack up five figures of debt over it!  I don’t have a whole lot of money, so these eyelashes will just have to be good enough for everyone!

Tristan and Mia.  I don’t even know what to say about these two.  I just hope Tristan keeps an eye on the money.  I don’t trust Mia in the slightest.  I’m looking forward to Tristan’s mama grilling her next week!  Maybe she can step in where the experts miserably failed.  

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, retiredviewer said:

When my husband and I were first married I did the cooking. I didn't really enjoy it and I wasn't very good at it. My husband decided that since he liked cooking and was much better at it, he would take that job over. We've been doing it this way for 40 years. We both know our own strengths.

I know why I don’t enjoy cooking:  After working all day long, I don’t feel like coming home and doing more work in the kitchen.  I only cook because I have to. Both of my parents worked full-time jobs (my mom was *not* domestic)  so there wasn’t a lot of fancy cooking going on at my house growing up either -  it was really simple meals that could be pulled together quickly.  So I didn’t really learn to cook from my parents either. 

I’ve taken a few cooking classes as an adult but mostly so I can get a handle on the fundamentals and basics so I wasn’t stuck eating the same meal every night of the week  or eating out constantly.  Cooking is still a chore to me.

I totally identify with Danielle not cooking.

• Love 10
48 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

It's not really fair to Bobby if they are living in his house, paying both his mortgage and her rent, and also paying off her ridiculous credit card debt. I wouldn't do it. It's not like they were medical expenses or something that you could empathize with. She blows money on travel and grooming that she can't afford.

Dave pretends that he's compromising but he is a huge control freak who wants his way all the time. Did you see him straightening the remotes on the table? What a weirdo. He had no intention of moving out of his place and I can tell that he wouldn't have been willing to even consider the notion. Amber is so desperate to make it work and get a baby out of him that she's appeasing him at every turn, which is sad to see. She's an older version of Danielle: doesn't save, just spends like there's no tomorrow and on stupid stuff (in her case, hundreds of cheap shoes and tacky jewelry).

Danielle has it good. Bobby is financially stable, owns his home, cooks and is handy around the house. Why he didn't have a girlfriend before and needed to go on this show is something that I'm sure we'll find out sooner or later. Danielle doesn't do anything except spend money. I love her basset though! Based on her Pioneer Woman basset items, she's a total Basset Person, so I can't hate on her too much. I am, too. 

Mia seems depressed or something. She must be imagining how all of her transgressions are going to look on tv and then how they will explode all over the internet. She should have bailed on all of this when the experts gave them the chance. She should not be on the show.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 20
8 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

I’m trying very hard to like Dave, just because he seems like the most stable of the three guys, but he’s really making it a challenge tonight.  He’s so tightly wound.  He’s being careful to say all the right things, all tied up in neat little bows, but it’s just not quite adding up.  That bleached woman of his (and her cat!) is going to drive him nuts.  I love her quote from the preview for next week: “I already have friends.  I don’t feel Iike I need new friends.”  Does this woman know what marriage is or has all of that hair dye gotten to her brain?  She doesn’t have to be BFFs with them, she just has to sit down to a meal and be pleasant for 90 minutes.  Dave is getting ready to find out what his gym buddy was talking about.

As for Danielle, wow!  $15K of debt!  I don’t want to judge because some people really do go into debt for unavoidable reasons, but she gets a Bark Box every month (as seen on the spreadsheet), plus eyelashes and $450 of waxing each year?  That shit adds up fast.  I see no issue with someone buying those things for themselves, but don’t rack up five figures of debt over it!

Tristan and Mia.  I don’t even know what to say about these two.  I just hope Tristan keeps an eye on the money.  I don’t trust Mia in the slightest.  I’m looking forward to Tristan’s mama grilling her next week!  Maybe she can step in where the experts miserably failed.  

Tristen is so enamored with Mia after one night.  I just don’t get it.  It’s like he never had a woman before.  I fast forward when they come on.  I don’t think she’s sincere.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Mia seems depressed or something. She must be imaging how all of her transgressions are going to look on tv and then how they will explode all over the internet. She should have bailed on all of this when the experts gave them the chance. She should not be on the show.

It does seem she has some sort of mental health issue.  Also she’s not being genuine. 

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

As for Danielle, wow!  $15K of debt!  I don’t want to judge because some people really do go into debt for unavoidable reasons, but she gets a Bark Box every month (as seen on the spreadsheet), plus eyelashes and $450 of waxing each year?  That shit adds up fast.  I see no issue with someone buying those things for themselves, but don’t rack up five figures of debt over it!

But BarkBox is awesome! Totally worth it! I’d cut out the lashes and waxing

• Love 2

Danielle needs to keep those caterpillars over her eyes groomed or all hell will break loose....right now they are on maintenance...the heavy lifting has been completed.

Just like Molly had to have her blow outs and nails done...Danielle needs to have her brows and eyelashes, those are non negotiable expenses.

Don't people get second jobs anymore to pay off their debts?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Danielle needs to keep those caterpillars over her eyes groomed or all hell will break loose....right now they are on maintenance...the heavy lifting has been completed.

Just like Molly to have her blow outs and nails done...Danielle needs to have her brows and eyelashes, those are non negotiable expenses.

Don't people get second jobs anymore to pay off their debts?

I don’t know from those eyebrows, but aren’t they the kind that get put on and are permanent with no maintenance?  They stay like that forever like a tattoo?

• Love 1

I'm trying to figure out if she pencils in heavily but definitely at least for the show she has the brows groomed professionally.

Her skin looks good so probably regular facials, too.

Two full time jobs' incomes...15K can be paid off if they just tighten the belt for a bit...

Bobby should think of the 15K  is the amount he would have spent on courting and wooing Danielle.

They also saved money on the wedding since Lifetime picked up the bill....

• Love 8
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

Amber:  spend some money fixing that hair, if you spend anything.

ETA:  I am a budget spreadsheet person, too, so I’m on board with Bobby.  Danielle needs to invest in some laser hair removal.

Did you peep the $50 budget item for lashes? 

• Love 1

Interesting how all  decided to keep and live in the guy's places.  Why am I thinking the producers told them to do this? More drama??

In all other seasons, they get a new place together.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 9

I'm not a Danielle fan.  She ran up debt goofing off and traveling in her 20s and now Bobby should be responsible for that?  I'd flatly tell her to handle her own debt and I wouldn't mix accounts except to pay joint bills.

The amount doesn't bother me too much, $15K isn't too bad.  I'd pay that off if my wife was knocking everything else out of the park - but Danielle isn't.  Didn't Cortney from season 1 have debt in the high 20s?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

I'm not a Danielle fan.  She ran up debt goofing off and traveling in her 20s and now Bobby should be responsible for that?  I'd flatly tell her to handle her own debt and I wouldn't mix accounts except to pay joint bills.

The amount doesn't bother me too much, $15K isn't too bad.  I'd pay that off if my wife was knocking everything else out of the park - but Danielle isn't.  Didn't Cortney from season 1 have debt in the high 20s?

If I remember correctly Courtney’s high debt was student loan debt.   I consider that more understandable than credit card debt — even though both kinds of debt suck. 

• Love 5