Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Bro-d Trip

• Start Topic

(hope I'm not stepping on any toes or breaking any rules by creating this......)

So, Dutch is back from 'Green World'.  That's not a bad thing.  Interested in why the green pool crystalized.  I'm guessing it might be something to do with The Lady tried to prevent Dutch's escape, but was too late in doing so.  Or wasn't too late, but Dutch fought through it.

Ok, I want to retract my statement from last week.  Hullen!Johnny is a huge bag of dicks.  I'm ready for him to be back to normal ASAP now.  I loved how his humanity/conscience, in the form of Dutch, was really fighting to stay intact.  Quite telling that even though he keeps beating him up both physically and emotionally, H!Johnny keeps protecting D'avin when it matters most - when his life's on the line.

I guess its the motherhood, or whatever, but DSK is actually kinda *gasp* likeable now.  I still hate her for killing Pawter, but she's just a lot easier to stomach (so far) in this new season.  With the mention of Pawter, I have to call H!Johnny out on his continual lying, like calling Pawter the love of his life.  We all know that's not true, because the real loves of his life are Dutch and Lucy, in any order.

Poor D'avin.  Its one thing to be turned into a 'green finder' but your warning system is puking your guts out?   Talk about your dirty jobs.

Lucy, you beautiful ship.  Great to have you back in rotation.  Great callback that the solution to preventing the purge was the song that thief!Johnny was blasting when he originally tried to make off with her.  Congrats to Pip for figuring it out.  He's smarter than he looks.

Poor Pip being the emotionally needy one in his & Zeph 'non-relationship'.  You're doing TAF a service, man, sex helps the girl think!  .... and she's been thinking a lot.  Still kinda giggling at the close to the scene when Turin came to them to find out if they found Lucy, then Zeph wondering if maybe they could use a 'doll' to find her;  "I need to think.  Cmon Pip, we're going to my room."   Lol.

• Love 5

The gang is back together!  Well, kind of since John is almost a different person now thanks to the Hullen juice and Dutch is currently unconscious after coming out of the green goo.  Still, progress, right?!

The Pree/Pip/Zeph trio was pretty fun, and I'm glad they were able to get Lucy out of safe mode, before she purged them all.  Should have known that the passcode would end up being the song John was playing when he first broke into her (that sounds kind of wrong.)  But Pip getting infected by that spider or whatever has to factor in later on, I imagine.

Della Seyah shows why no one can manipulate the master of manipulation.  That warden guy didn't have a chance.  That said, I feel like the bit where they had Hullen John bring up her past vile acts (especially killing Pawter) was a friendly reminder that she's still bad news, and probably isn't going to get a happy ending.

Poor D'Avin.  Even though I'm sure he knows John isn't himself anymore, some of those remarks had to sting.  Well, that and the shot to the waist (even though he at least had a bulletproof vest one)!

And, of course, the episode ends with Della Seyah's water breaking.  Man, I can't wait to see how this group plays doctor!

• Love 6
(edited)
4 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

And, of course, the episode ends with Della Seyah's water breaking.  Man, I can't wait to see how this group plays doctor!

Bzzzzt!  

(Operation skill game reference)

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 3

It's late and I don't remember if there was any indication from earlier episodes if real Dutch knew what was happening outside Greenspace, but I didn't get a good feeling about her emerging from the green. I wonder if it was because Johnny was in trouble but too soon otherwise?

This one had a lot of the typical weakness of any transitional episode but was redeemed by Pip, Zeph and Pree, with the mention of a Jaqobis sandwich. And DSK... even though it feels so wrong. 

• Love 2

Since the last time we saw Dutch was in the snow with green veins growing toward and on her, I think it’s just as likely that the person who stepped out of the green is The Lady or Dutch possessed by The Lady. 

• Love 6

The gang is all together! Well, except Johnny, who is Hullen and going insane. And Dutch, who is in some kind of goo coma. And now Della Seyah is in labor, with this gaggle of weirdos being the only people around to help with the birth. So, good news and bad news. 

I like seeing more of the Jaqobis relationship and their issues, even if its being warped by Johnnys Hullenness. I think at this point, Johnny is over D'Avin leaving the family, and their issues are more over D'Avin being Big Brother towards Johnny, while Johnny feels like his brother is always getting one up on him, and doesn't take him as seriously as he wants to be taken. Becoming Hullen just makes all those issues bigger. Poor Johnny is going to feel awful when he gets back to normal, and he and D'Avin will definitely need to talk this out when he gets cured. Even if D'Avin knows that this isnt really Johnny, some of those barbs have to have hurt, even beyond having to turn his brother into a monster to save his life. 

Della Seyah is a manipulative mastermind, so its not surprising that she took over that colony in about five minutes. However, as much as I enjoy the weird funny dynamic she has with the Jaqobis, I did appreciate Johnny reminding D'Avin of all the awful things she has done. DS is a lot of fun as a character, but the show shouldn't forget that she is a pretty crappy person who has done awful things and has yet to show real regret. 

Love the Pree/Pip/Zeph combo, and now Lucy is back! Of course she would wake up for Johnny, her one true love. Cracked up at Pree and Pop becoming temporary Killjoys, complete with Killjoy oath while Zeph got super caught up in the moment. Waiting for that spider to make its nasty return though. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, johntfs said:

I think it's kind of funny that being Hullenized turns most people into sociopaths (and Johnny into a psychopath), but Kendry has become, overall, a more decent human being.

I've been attributing it to the effect of the pregnancy. We should know more soon, I guess. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Guess I should re-phrase my statement about H!Johnny defending D'avin's life.  When it comes to others trying to kill D'avin, he will save him... but he doesn't seem to care much if his own actions put D'avin's life at risk; ie the (attempted) gunshot to the kidneys and the (attempted) strangling.  Kind of a 'he's my brother, if anyone kills him it'll be me!'.

2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I like seeing more of the Jaqobis relationship and their issues, even if its being warped by Johnnys Hullenness. I think at this point, Johnny is over D'Avin leaving the family, and their issues are more over D'Avin being Big Brother towards Johnny, while Johnny feels like his brother is always getting one up on him, and doesn't take him as seriously as he wants to be taken. Becoming Hullen just makes all those issues bigger. Poor Johnny is going to feel awful when he gets back to normal, and he and D'Avin will definitely need to talk this out when he gets cured. Even if D'Avin knows that this isnt really Johnny, some of those barbs have to have hurt, even beyond having to turn his brother into a monster to save his life.

I may, or may not, have been secretly hoping for an angry "and then you waltzed in and stole my girl! [IE, Dutch]" kinda line while H!Johnny was airing it out with D'avin, but alas, ML and the other PTB can't make it that easy on us shippers.

• Love 3

Oh man, we're in for so much Jaqobi angsting once Johnny's dehullenized. D'avin's guilt trip back in season one and two will look like a walk in the park compared. And yes, I'm glad Hullen Johnny reminded D'avin (and the audience) of all the bad sh*t DSK pulled. B*tch killed my girl Pawter.  But points for 'villainsplaining'.

As always Pree was a delight.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Guess I should re-phrase my statement about H!Johnny defending D'avin's life.  When it comes to others trying to kill D'avin, he will save him... but he doesn't seem to care much if his own actions put D'avin's life at risk; ie the (attempted) gunshot to the kidneys and the (attempted) strangling.  Kind of a 'he's my brother, if anyone kills him it'll be me!'.

H!Johnny did jump on top of D'avin when he set off the explosion and was hurt pretty bad.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 8/4/2018 at 3:34 PM, AnimeMania said:

H!Johnny did jump on top of D'avin when he set off the explosion and was hurt pretty bad.

True, but then he shot him (somehow not knowing D'avin was wearing armor) and then was in the process of strangling him when Dutch arrived and shot H!Johnny.

ETA:  H!Johnny still needed an alive!D'avin at that point to locate the green pool.

Well, he's clearly very impulsive and unstable in this new situation. I don't think any one action can be taken as a sign of his true intent, as there's not really any consistency and what he wants seems to vary from moment to moment. It's coming off more like a meth freakout than the stone cold killer vibe of other Hullen.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:44 AM, Kyrielle said:

Since the last time we saw Dutch was in the snow with green veins growing toward and on her, I think it’s just as likely that the person who stepped out of the green is The Lady or Dutch possessed by The Lady. 

Possible, but I'm leaning towards it being Dutch.

I think the first episode was happening somewhat in parallel to the last two.  My guess is that Khylen somehow knew that Johnny had been hullenized and this would be enough of a motivator for Dutch to fight back and escape the green and ultimately save the world.  That's the important role Johnny had to play.  My guess is that the green veins growing on her was how she ultimately came to know the danger Johnny was in and sheer force of will about saving him led her out of the green.

• Love 1

For a second I thought maybe it isn't dutch.. But aneela come out to see the birth of her kid.. But Naw its prob dutch.. If I'm believing the the promos.... So now all I wanna know... Is "The lady" Aneela( and I guess also Dutch's)  mom.. And when will Killjoys find a way to bring  Sci-Fi Capt. Canada himself (Roger Cross) onto the show in some way.... I've been waiting since they killed Dark Matter

• Love 1
On 04/08/2018 at 2:50 PM, johntfs said:

I think it's kind of funny that being Hullenized turns most people into sociopaths (and Johnny into a psychopath), but Kendry has become, overall, a more decent human being.

Maybe if you start out a sociopath it turns you normal.

• Love 1

I am kind of confused by Lucy's plan.  So she put a tracker on the elevator and then followed it somewhat but set it up so most likely only Johnny would be able to reactivate her.  But since Johnny was on the elevator, he'd both have to know that Lucy followed and also have to escape the elevator and find her.  It just doesn't make sense to me. 

That said, I did like the episode although Hullen Johnny is already starting to get old. 

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, Matt K said:

I am kind of confused by Lucy's plan.  So she put a tracker on the elevator and then followed it somewhat but set it up so most likely only Johnny would be able to reactivate her.  But since Johnny was on the elevator, he'd both have to know that Lucy followed and also have to escape the elevator and find her.  It just doesn't make sense to me.

That was kinda my thinking.  I was trying to figure out that if she did put the tracker on the elevator, then why didn't she go planet-side to pickup Johnny/D'av/DSK?

But then we wouldn't have got those good scenes of Zeph, Pree & Pip on Lucy trying to figure out how to reactivate her before getting all the air vented and suffocating - then going to find the Jacqobis'.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

That was kinda my thinking.  I was trying to figure out that if she did put the tracker on the elevator, then why didn't she go planet-side to pickup Johnny/D'av/DSK?

But then we wouldn't have got those good scenes of Zeph, Pree & Pip on Lucy trying to figure out how to reactivate her before getting all the air vented and suffocating - then going to find the Jacqobis'.

As I understand it, tracking the elevator and picking up Johnny, D'avin and Delle Seyah was her plan.  However, she was pursued by enemy ships before she could enact it and hid on that moon, putting herself in basic mode so that the Hullen couldn't download her memory banks and hunt down Johnny and D'Avin.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, johntfs said:

As I understand it, tracking the elevator and picking up Johnny, D'avin and Delle Seyah was her plan.  However, she was pursued by enemy ships before she could enact it and hid on that moon, putting herself in basic mode so that the Hullen couldn't download her memory banks and hunt down Johnny and D'Avin.

I need to pay way more attention, it seems.

........ or re-watch the episodes a bunch. 

• Love 1