Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E16: Power of Veto #5

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

On 8/2/2018 at 4:22 AM, amazingracefan said:

So they didn't believe Rachel on Angela's name being brought up but they do believe her on Bayleigh's power app.

Tyler didn't need to win veto and he didn't need to try some convoluted bluff about Scottie.

We know that but how would he?  He would have to trust Bay's word 100%  Unlike Rachel the Easily played, he doesn't believe every single word out of Bay's mouth.  And rightfully so.

On 8/2/2018 at 8:30 AM, ghoulina said:

Only problem is, Bayleigh could just put Brett back up next week. How EXACTLY does that power work? Does she have to use it at a certain point? Can they backdoor someone with Veto and then Bayleigh waltzes up and changes that? I need more details, because her power makes me very nervous.

There are two versions of it.  One, the official one.  Two, the one Rachel came away with and told her side.

Official Version:  Bay can changed the original nominations BEFORE a HOH makes until there are 8 people left in the game.  (Note: I said next 8 weeks at first but Nashville caught by error so correcting it here now.  Thanks, Nashville).

No info if she will know the HOH noms in advance.  Probably not since she has to make the decision to use her power before the noms are announced so she will have to guess who that HOH will be putting up.  After she replaced the HOH noms with hers, her power is done forever.  If someone comes off the block the HOH makes the replacement choice and could well place Bay herself up on the block.  This power is a 2-dged sword.

Rachel's Version:  Bay didn't tell Rachel the full story and Rachel guesses at one point and asks Bay directly "next week" and Bay nodded so Rachel "assumed" she got the full story at that point and didn't ask anything else and told Angela her version that Bay's power was for next week only.  Rachel also thought that Bay could change the noms AFTER the HOH made them public at the ceremony which she can't. They seem unclear about what happens regards the veto too.

So now members of L6 know Bay has the power app for sure and think they know what it is when they only know the general power but definitely have the wrong info on how long it can be played (and when during the nominating process it can be played.  So their knowledge is both helpful and hurtful at the same time too. 

So no way would Tyler dream at that point to use his veto and piss Queen Bay off if Bay could guarantee he would be up next week no matter who got HOH.

Edited by green
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, green said:

Official Version:  Bay can changed the original nominations BEFORE a HOH makes them for the next 8 weeks.  No info if she will know the HOH noms in advance.  Probably not since she has to make the decision to use her power before the noms are announced so she will have to guess who that HOH will be putting up.  After she replaced the HOH noms with her's, her power is done forever.  If someone comes off the block the HOH makes the replacement choice and could well place Bay herself up on the block.  This power is a 2-edged sword.

Thank you! So the best hope would be that they're able to Veto one of Bay's noms OR someone (Tyler) is able to convince her that whoever is HOH is going to put up someone she'd want up anyway and she doesn't use it. This would work best if someone not so deep in L6/5 was HOH. Still not sure they'd be able to convince Ms. Power Hungry, though. I think she's going to want to use that power no matter what. So the best hope will probably just be Veto. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Thank you! So the best hope would be that they're able to Veto one of Bay's noms OR someone (Tyler) is able to convince her that whoever is HOH is going to put up someone she'd want up anyway and she doesn't use it. This would work best if someone not so deep in L6/5 was HOH. Still not sure they'd be able to convince Ms. Power Hungry, though. I think she's going to want to use that power no matter what. So the best hope will probably just be Veto. 

Well yes and no.  She has the power for a number of weeks yet but can only use it once then it is gone.  So she also wants to hang on to it as long as she can for when it is obvious to her that she will be nominated.  Unfortunately Tyler's side thinks her power ends next week so they may miscalculate because of that.

Edited by green
1 hour ago, green said:

Official Version:  Bay can changed the original nominations BEFORE a HOH makes them for the next 8 weeks.  No info if she will know the HOH noms in advance.  Probably not since she has to make the decision to use her power before the noms are announced so she will have to guess who that HOH will be putting up.  After she replaced the HOH noms with her's, her power is done forever.  If someone comes off the block the HOH makes the replacement choice and could well place Bay herself up on the block.  This power is a 2-edged sword.

One point of clarification/correction: Identity Theft (Bae’s Power App) isn’t good for 8 weeks - it’s good until Final 8.  Which means Bae has to use it on one of the next three HoH’s initial nom picks, or it times out.

017F79CC-9B59-4715-90BD-A72953B297DD.thumb.jpeg.f5bf0da19568915f29e217ee38a2fed1.jpeg

Edited by Nashville
Damn autocorrect
  • Love 5

Thanks, Nashville.  I'm as bad as Rachel thinking I know what the heck this app is about which is kind of humiliating for me, haha.  Is Tyler's until the final 8 too?

• Love 2

Also the HOH would guess that Bayleigh must have used the Power if the nominations end up being different from what the HOH chose. Unless the HOH doesn't know about the Power App, then they would be super confused.

16 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

Interrupted for weather alerts in Atlanta.  Boo.

I live in the Atlanta suburbs.  They interrupt TV when a leaf blows across the street so they can report on the wind force.  It makes me crazy.  I come from Chicago and we've had snow storms of the century without all this pomp and circumstance.

• Love 5

Don't understand why everyone is getting snowed by Tyler...especially Angela thinking that Rachel is lying?  I thought she would have been tighter with Rachel than Tyler. It's making everyone look really, really dumb.

I do think it speaks well of Tyler that everyone immediately assumed he'd never do that so Rachel must be lying. He really has everyone snowed so I do have to give him credit for playing this game well. 

However, I can't help but be a tad suspicious of that easy Veto win. Three of the six couldn't even complete it in time, and it looked hard. It only took Tyler six and half minutes?? Either he's incredibly lucky or someone laid out the pieces for him in the right order.

Bayleigh can't go home soon enough for me at this point. Her voice is so shrill and so nasal it's like listening to nails on a chalkboard. Never noticed it until she became HoH and started getting a lot of screen time.

And apparently there's someone in the house named Angela. Did other people know about this?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, North of Eden said:

I thought [Angela] would have been tighter with Rachel than Tyler. It's making everyone look really, really dumb.

Especially as Rachel wants to take Angela to the end, whereas Tyler…not so much.  Kaycee, Sam and possibly JC all seem to figure in his plans more prominently than Angela does.  Not exactly the horse I'd be wanting to hitch my wagon to, were I her.

I mean, I understand that keeping Brett is best for Tyler's game, as it keeps another meatshield in the house and diminishes the target on Tyler's back.  I just can't figure out why Angela should be caring what's best for Tyler's game, where it appears that Rachel wants to be "ride or die" with her.

If this is an example of Angela the Walking Quaalude's "strategy", she can go right back into the medicine cabinet, IMO.  Feh.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, green said:

Thanks, Nashville.  I'm as bad as Rachel thinking I know what the heck this app is about which is kind of humiliating for me, haha.  Is Tyler's until the final 8 too?

Nah, I think that’s what the problem was - you simply got the timelines for the two apps swapped.  It’s Tyler’s app that had an 8-week shelf life, not Bae’s.

Quoted from the Live Feed Summary thread:

On 7/8/2018 at 10:46 PM, Nashville said:

Reward App = Tyler; chose The Cloud app.  Tyler can keep himself from going OTB at any one Nomination Ceremony or Veto Meeting.  Can be used once at any time over the next two months/8 weeks.

That was 8 weeks starting July 6 (when Tyler received the App), so he has until August 31 to use it.

581B869E-22ED-4602-A05A-06C4138548FB.jpeg.11e6c6f2f7cce18744da602be23fb5b7.jpeg

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • Love 2

I don’t like JC. He’s such an ass to Fessy and I don’t understand why Fessy continues to back him up.

Rachel. Rachel. Rachel, my dear. You were sitting pretty - hysterically pretty albeit but you had no worries about going home until you started getting inside your head, again.

Quit worrying so much about other people’s game. Worry about your own. It’s okay to be loyal to your alliance but not to the point of sabotaging your own safety in the B.B. house to do it. 

Angela turned on Rachel QUICK. I see a lot of myself in Rachel. She’s loyal, a worrywart and insecure. Something tells me she wasn’t always so pretty growing up and she had trouble making friends. Now that she’s pretty, her childhood insecurities are keeping her from making friends as she’s the type to need constant valiadation or reassurance that she’s being “accepted” by her peers. The first sign of not being “liked” and she runs in tears. I relate. But she needs to snap out of it to come out on top. 

Fuck Angela and her hairy upper lip. Rachel tries to help you and it took you 1/4 of a second to turn against her when she was helping you. Angela, Kaycee (is that her name?), JC and NoStar can leave the B.B. house anytime yesterday. ?

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

Rachel. Rachel. Rachel, my dear. You were sitting pretty - hysterically pretty albeit but you had no worries about going home until you started getting inside your head, again.

Doesn't this ALWAYS happen? People are their own worst enemies; it's so frustrating to watch. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

Doesn't this ALWAYS happen? People are their own worst enemies; it's so frustrating to watch. 

Frustrating AND entertaining - kinda like a lap dance, when you stop to think about it....  ;>

• Love 3

No, I am sorry. There is *no* fucking use for punctuation mistakes...if someone paid attention beyond 2nd grade. (The past tense is still "past," idiots!!!!) There is no reason why, if that person referred to themselves (eg, your girl, your gueen (no, how about you're a fucking idiot and let's fucking not), or referred to themselves in the third tense; and again), no one should refer to themselves in a sense, regarding Queen Bayleigh, who should only be referred to as such. FUCK YOU, WHORE!!)

• Love 2

I don't want either Brett or Rachel to leave! I like them both.  The veto comp was fun! Bayleigh is ridiculous as HOH, as you all noted.   

How many Yass type things are there? There was yass gaga and my favorite, when a lady asks a cat if he wants a treat and then acts like he says Yass.  You want one! YASS.  It is hilarious.  

Tyler is so good at this.  He is my fave!

Edited by Cherry Cola
Cat not dog. Oops. Yass

I did not like Angela from minute one when she told us how beautiful other people think she is, but she comes across as coolly calculating.

Rachel, on the other hand was acting like SUCH a spaz I think Angela just couldn't take her seriously.

So then Angela and Kaycee had a discussion and come up with something they (erroneously) thought made more sense.  

And Tyler, of course, is going to play along with whatever keeps him out of trouble.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Okay. Thanks for the helpful answer. It may not be obvious to everyone. It's certainly not obvious to me. So I was simply wondering if someone was seeing something I was not. I am not sure what exactly Angela would be jealous OF. But if you don't want to expound on your statement, that's cool. 

I’m sorry, didn’t mean to sound rude. I am so upset that Angela made a mountain out of a mole hill when talking about what Rachel said instead of her telling Rachel to think about who was telling her that stuff.(The same person that put her on the block.) Between her and Cassee they could have turned her back around and avoided all of the crap. Angela even said that Rachel was a lier and that she lied right to her face. Rachel did not lie to her, she chose to say she did. When Angela found out she had not lied to her she still told Brad that she lied. She wanted Brad to hate her, why? Simple, she wanted the attention he was giving her. She wanted Rachel out because Rachel was well liked by most and her by , not so much. Angela was very jealous of Rach because Rach had a great personality and she was pretty and fun to be around. This is all my opinion though. Sorry again. ?

Angela was never really Rachel’s friend if she was able to turn on her so fast instead of trying to help her.?

23 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Aren't the Flintstones (tv series/movies) before Brett's time? 

Granted, Boomerang just put them back in their cable lineup again this week starting with the very first episode, but Brett is in the house.  They don't have tv or the internet.

Giving Bayleigh that much power just ruins the game.  I think the fix was in for the HOH and the Power Application.  I don't think she earned either one.

The best way to keep Brett and send Rachel packing is to out Bayleigh's Power Application.  Bayleigh would know that Rachel leaked the info.

Yes, I agree.

36 minutes ago, D.CBies said:

When Angela found out [Rachel] had not lied to her, she still told Brad that she lied.

His name is "Brett".  Not that I really care.  And good point.

36 minutes ago, D.CBies said:

She wanted Brad to hate her, why? Simple, she wanted the attention he was giving her. She wanted Rachel out because Rachel was well liked by most and her by , not so much. Angela was very jealous of Rach because Rach had a great personality and she was pretty and fun to be around.

I've been hesitant to co-sign your "Angela is just jealous" theory, but after this past episode, I may have to do so.  I'd been enjoying the Palmetto Pair precisely because they seemed to be a well-balanced duo; Rachel was social and vivacious and a bit high-strung, and Angela was lying low and staying mellow and being the calming influence.  "Let's not worry about it yet" was practically her go-to line.

But then Rachel practically RUNS to her bff/F2 partner to say "don't trust Tyler" and Angela will hear no heresy spoken against her High Priest.  FFS.

31 minutes ago, D.CBies said:

Angela was never really Rachel’s friend if she was able to turn on her so fast instead of trying to help her.?

Sad but true.  And here I thought I'd found my new Ballsmashers :-(  (Counting Kaycee and maybe Sam in the group.)  I guess it's easier to stay dedicated to "Sisterhood" when you actually are, you know, sisters.  Ah, well, it was a nice dream, anyhow.

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

His name is "Brett".  Not that I really care.  And good point.

I've been hesitant to co-sign your "Angela is just jealous" theory, but after this past episode, I may have to do so.  I'd been enjoying the Palmetto Pair precisely because they seemed to be a well-balanced duo; Rachel was social and vivacious and a bit high-strung, and Angela was lying low and staying mellow and being the calming influence.  "Let's not worry about it yet" was practically her go-to line.

But then Rachel practically RUNS to her bff/F2 partner to say "don't trust Tyler" and Angela will hear no heresy spoken against her High Priest.  FFS.

Sad but true.  And here I thought I'd found my new Ballsmashers :(  (Counting Kaycee and maybe Sam in the group.)  I guess it's easier to stay dedicated to "Sisterhood" when you actually are, you know, sisters.  Ah, well, it was a nice dream, anyhow.

Rachel was very wrong for taking the a bite of the apple from Balee and believing everything she said. Rach was at a very vulnerable point and Balee took advantage of it. Rach did make a fatal mistake that is her fault. If she was my friend I would have shaken the sense back into her brain. I was soooo mad at her for being sooo stupid. Big Brother is not for the faint of heart. Rachel had to go in the end or she would have messed up her teams game. They really did have to cut her. All I’m saying is that Angela didn’t have to enjoy it so much. What a cold hearted .....!!!!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, D.CBies said:

They really did have to cut her. All I’m saying is that Angela didn’t have to enjoy it so much. What a cold hearted .....!!!!

Agreed, she realllly got into sending her home as a liar and team albatross. Girl is cold blooded for sure.

• Love 2
On 8/2/2018 at 8:18 AM, icemiser69 said:
On 8/1/2018 at 10:53 PM, willco said:

I wish they'd evict Rockstar-- every time I see her, I think I'm watching H.R. Puff-n-Stuf in 1973. ( A really dated reference that shows my age, anyone born in the 60's will know what I mean.)

Does that make Bayleigh, Witchiepoo?

I miss the talking flute (Freddy).

Heh....Witchiepoo used to scare the shit out of me.

Witchiepoo.jpg

• Love 1
On 8/2/2018 at 12:52 PM, Halting Hex said:

Especially as Rachel wants to take Angela to the end, whereas Tyler…not so much.  Kaycee, Sam and possibly JC all seem to figure in his plans more prominently than Angela does.  Not exactly the horse I'd be wanting to hitch my wagon to, were I her.

I mean, I understand that keeping Brett is best for Tyler's game, as it keeps another meatshield in the house and diminishes the target on Tyler's back.  I just can't figure out why Angela should be caring what's best for Tyler's game, where it appears that Rachel wants to be "ride or die" with her.

If this is an example of Angela the Walking Quaalude's "strategy", she can go right back into the medicine cabinet, IMO.  Feh.

I’ve come to the conclusion that Angela is, and has always been, all about Angela only. 

21 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Agreed, she realllly got into sending her home as a liar and team albatross. Girl is cold blooded for sure.

Yes, her goodbye message to Rachel was probably the most sarcastic and hateful one yet in B.B..