Type keyword(s) to search

Odd News: Odd Couple in the Media

I'm not sure if this is a new ep or a repeat, but according to a press release on the CBS Press Express (CBS network/CBS show PR-related) website, Thomas Lennon will be guest hosting The Late Late Show (the 1 Craig Ferguson used to host) on March 17th (which would be very late this Tuesday night/very early this Wednesday morning). And Matthew Perry is among the guests.

It airs on CBS at around 12:35AM Eastern/11:35PM Central Time (after The Late Show with David Letterman), for an hour. Please check your local listings, though, for the correct time & channel in your area (if you're interested in watching/DVRing it) as the post-late news late night shows may be time-shifted into different timeslots, or even air on different networks/channels than the correct network/channel.

The Kevin Pollack show on Earwolf.com has posted their new podcast show with Matthew Perry as the guest. I really enjoyed it and towards the end there's some interesting backstory on how Perry pitched the show to the network bosses.

Just dropping in to congratulate the show!  Excited for Season 2.

While I wouldn't say I was excited, I am surprised that I'm pleased the show will be back at some point. I thought it was awful at the beginning, and Matthew Perry is still the weak link, but Thomas Lennon and the other supporting players really bolstered what was a mediocre remake.

• Love 1

Matthew Perry is still the weak link, but Thomas Lennon and the other supporting players really bolstered what was a mediocre remake.

I wonder if it might have been a better idea to have Perry play Felix, since he plays more of that sort of character in a lot of things he's been in, and have Lennon (who I think has a broader wheelhouse to pull from) play Oscar. Guess it's too late to experiment with that. 

(edited)

I wonder if it might have been a better idea to have Perry play Felix, since he plays more of that sort of character in a lot of things he's been in, and have Lennon (who I think has a broader wheelhouse to pull from) play Oscar. Guess it's too late to experiment with that. 

I'd laugh at an episode where a character (maybe the girl neighbor) gets bonked on the head though and wakes up in an episode-long fantasy where they're each the opposite.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 3

OK, this is more about the Klugman/Randall version than the Perry/Lennon version, but it's still about the show so...

The Complete Series of the Klugman/Randall version is coming (back to) DVD this Summer. I think in June sometime. What little details there are about the release are here:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/20896

In other Randall/Klugman news, Officer Murray Slaughter died 10/30/15 from complications of gall bladder trouble.  RIP Murray. He's with Mimi now.

• Love 1

Tonight, Thomas Lennon tweeted:

Thomas Lennon ‏@thomaslennon  14m14 minutes ago
In two minutes, Tweet me with #TheOddCouple and I shall write you directly. Love, Tom.

He kept his word.  I tweeted him and he messaged me back.  Automated message, I'm sure, but it still made my day.  :-)

• Love 3
(edited)

Since the new season premiered, can someone please start an episode thread or at least an All Episodes thread? I'm not really sure how to do it.

When looking at the forum page listing all of the topics, look for the Green "Start Topic" button. Click on it.

You'll be taken to a screen that in this case will say "Posting a New Topic in The Odd Couple (2015)"--or something comparable in some other show's forum.

Look down a bit for a little checkbox that says "Use episode format?" and check it.  Now instead of filling in a text only title you can instead elaborate with a Season number, episode number, official episode title, and the date of the broadcast. If you don't know those details for a show you can go to http://thetvdb.com and use the little search blank (in the upper right corner next to the phrase "login") to search for a show by name and see the episodes listed in the results it gives you, or if you don't like that website, plain old normal Wikipedia more often than not will have the same information too, if you search a show by name there and then find the part of the Wikipedia entry that typically says something like "Episodes" or "list of episodes" (which usually leads to another Wikipedia page).

Then just fill out the main body of the post like you normally would with any post and hit "Post New Topic" at the bottom.

Edited by Kromm
On 5/3/2016 at 10:45 AM, SmithW6079 said:

They're running two new ones a week. That can't be good. Looks like CBS wants to get rid of the show before the summer. 

From what I  read so far, it's doing well in the Thursday night spot. I just thought the two nights a week is because it's sweeps month 

Is there anyone to write about the show...keeping it on, I mean? I don't really watch it very much (I do sometimes) but my parents really enjoy it and are disappointed about it possibly just being burnoff.