Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Pressure or Paradise

• Start Topic

I can’t be the only one watching. 

I am not a huge fan of any of these couples right now. Bobby seems nice but he kind of rubs me the wrong way. He seems weird but maybe that’s just him coming off on TV. 

• Love 12

LOL - 2 sides to every story. Gosh. I love how they are trying to spin this bullshit. They should actually screen the “participants” again before the wedding. This is so bad on the shows part. 

Just now, Gem 10 said:

Am I on the right thread?  July 24th.

Yes I double checked on my TV guide before I posted. I wish it was still July 11 though! 

• Love 10

If I was Tristan I’d cut my losses and run! I call bullshit that they didn’t find that arrest record until the day AFTER they did their background check. They let this happen for the drama it would bring. 

• Love 20

Amber is a lot prettier without all that makeup.  Her hair, though, is still tragic.  I'll bet she'd be gorgeous if she let her hair grow out and had a more natural makeup style.

I want to like Bobby, but I'm getting a bit of a Ryan Buckley vibe from him -- saying all the right things but the real person doesn't reflect that.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

If I was Tristan I’d cut my losses and run! I call bullshit that they didn’t find that arrest record until the day AFTER they did their background check. They let this happen for the drama it would bring. 

I agree.  What’s he in love after one day?  Ridiculous.  His wife is a thief.  Who does that?

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, JAndy said:

I had my first (and only) child at 30. My eggs are not “dried up”. If I were Danielle I wouldn’t find those comments funny. 

I have friends and relatives who had their first child in their late 30’s. If I were Danielle I’d worry more about those caterpillar eyebrows. 

• Love 14

I would think ideas about family structure and traditional gender roles — like stay at home moms or stay at home dad’s would be one of the very first things the experts would ask the participants.  Of course these useless experts did not ask or they ignored the answers and paired Bobby with Danielle.

• Love 20

Ok Bobby... My mother in law was a stay at home mom and so were my husband’s grandmothers and he NEVER suggested to me to stay home with the kids. Whoever said that he’s saying all the right things, I think you’re right. 

• Love 5

Dont know if this Tristen & MIA stuff is real.  If it is, I would go back home and let the experts figure out how I could get a divorce ASAP.  Let them figure it out.  Wonder what Mia’s Father thinks about that.  His little, innocent little girl, a thief.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Dont know if this Tristen & MIA stuff is real.  If it is, I would go back home and let the experts figure out how I could get a divorce ASAP.  Let them figure it out.  Wonder what Mia’s Father thinks about that.  His little, innocent little girl, a thief.

Oh yea. My ass would be gone so fast. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

And Mia’s father was all worried about them having sex right away. He should have worried about his precious daughter getting her ass thrown in the slammer for being a stalker and a thief. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I don’t for a moment believe they did a background check on Mia.  How convenient that the charges were filed the day after the “all clear” result came back.  That is total b.s. 

• Love 13
(edited)
3 minutes ago, JAndy said:

I don’t really believe Mia’s story at all. Just me? 

I don’t believe her. They held her for two full days. Her family couldn’t have hired a lawyer the first day to get her released if it wasn’t her? BSo

ETA:  Stalking doesn’t really seem an identity theft type crime to me — especially not three times! 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 20
(edited)

Identity theft? I call bullshit.  I really hope there is some proof provided one way or another.  I’m not taking Mia’s word, and Tristan shouldn’t either.

Wait...if I accuse an ex of stalking me, clearly I know that person.  So we are to believe this was not Mia’s ex, and the guy dated whomever stole her identity and thought she was Mia? Huh?!

Edited by CSunshine76
Had another thought
  • Love 17
12 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

Excuse me, how much vetting do they actually do?  Besides the elephant in the room of an f-in ARREST warrant for more than one charge that just happened one day after the vetting process ( very convenient) but how about the obvious not asking Danielle the basic question “do you want to be a stay at home Mom?” I’m sure even dating sites like E Harmony ask that basic question and they don’t have the “experts” that these three purport to be. And Amber and Dave were at the same gym and no one thought to ask about possible mutual “ friends” - your first Match dot com date would have figured that out. I’m calling bull shit on this whole show! 

Oh yeah.  I’m wondering if those experts really are who they say they are.  The three of them are looking more stupid as the weeks go by.  Truthfully, I  can’t stand them and you can put Jamie O in the mix.  After all this time, she still can’t interview for shit.

• Love 5

I just can’t believe how excited he was. Like what? Maybe he’s a better person than me but i would be really pissed off and annoyed. Especially since they just met! It’s not like a girl he’s known forever. 

• Love 12

Is Tristan really going to believe her? Is he that stupid that he’s not going to investigate this further? He’s known her for a hot minute. This show is getting to be more of a joke every season. 

• Love 12
Just now, brilliantbreakfast said:

How is it identity theft if she was stalking?  Wouldn't the ex-boyfriend who pressed charges know what she looked like?  Sounds to me like the show paid someone off.

You are absolutely right!  I can believe some pressure ($$$$) was brought to bear on the ex to drop the charges.  Doesn’t mean the stalking and credit card fraud didn’t happen.  Tristan, Tristan Tristan.  Could be that pressure was brought to bear on him too.

• Love 2

Is Mia saying that someone stole her identity and that person did the stalking?

Okay, but suddenly her story changes, she knows of the man who accused her.  So that’s proof it’s not like some random act.  

Sonshe does have a mugshot?

Paying people off?  Conspiracy theories much?

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Is Tristan really going to believe her? Is he that stupid that he’s not going to investigate this further? He’s known her for a hot minute. This show is getting to be more of a joke every season. 

Lol for sure! How many successful couples are there? 4? Are Shawneice and Jephte still together? 

5 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

DAVE: "And mean if I'm being honest, if I had known this going in, I would have dropped out."

I am dying to know what his gym buddy told him about her ... 

I wish he shared it with us! 

• Love 4

What so we are supposed to believe that somebody stole Mia's info, dated  a guy using that name, broke up with him and then stalked him using the same stolen name for more than 12 months. The police spoke to her twice once in person and once over the phone surely they would have the correct details to contact her. This chick is looking crazier by the minute.

• Love 20
(edited)

Which is more likely: that there was some other woman in the Dallas area pretending to be Mia, using her info and stalking a man which brought about these charges OR that Mia stalked an ex-boyfriend over a period of months, got caught and is lying about it? I think we all know the answer. This show is terrible for allowing this charade to continue. The fact that Mia so casually lies about what is going on is WEIRD. That is not normal or healthy behavior. Tristan is likely married to a complete psychopath.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 22
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I hate to bring race into it, but I believe if Mia was an African-American woman, Tristan would have bailed. 

Confused.  Last week they showed her parents .  Her mom is black, from Jamaica, and her father is from Trinidad.

I don’t think Mia is a psychopath, I just think she didn’t want to embarrass herself in front of the country.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5
(edited)

Don’t actual victims of identity theft need to file police reports in order to deny responsibility for any mischief the thief perpetrates?  Guess Mia forgot to do that.  /sarcasm off.

Edited by TattooFan
Correct typo
  • Love 9
Just now, Neurochick said:

Confused.  Last week they showed her parent.  Her mom is black, from Jamaica, and her father is from Trinidad.

I was under the impression that Mia was what they call in the Caribbean, "a coolie".  My bad. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1