Type keyword(s) to search

Vampire Diaries In The Media

Whatever happened to Kol being a possible LI for Bonnie? I have been racking my brains trying to figure out who the fans know and liked. I think there were some Bonnie and Kol fans out there. Could this be a possibility.

That would be cool but I'm not sure how that can happen considering he's currently dead and star crossed with Davina on The Originals. If they bring him back on TO it's gonna take an elaborate story arc to move him from NOLA to Mystic Falls where he falls for Bonnie...

Unless they move Bonnie to TO someday--and of everyone on TVD, she'd probably be the one I'd most like to see over there because they could use more depth in the witch area--I don't see anything happening with Kol (or any other crossover romance or even crossover storyline, frankly, because I think they want those shows to be very separate for some reason).

Alaric, Enzo, it really doesn't matter to me. It can't be any worse than Jeremy!

*giggles he was pretty unfortunate. With the exception of Alaric though, he really has treated Bonnie like world class doodoo. I truly wish it were Damon or Kol. Those are the ones the fans really love, them and pudding pop. Gah! I hate these writers!

Edited by slayer2

0.6 for TVD, 0.4 for Originals on premiere night; both below last year's seasonal averages. People seem to over the franchise. 

TVD ruled CW for either 4 or 5 years; maybe it's time for a graceful bow.

• Love 1

Since when do Caroline and Bonnie know each other?!?

It's scenes like these where they are written as caring about each other and relying on each other that made me love TVD in it's first season, and for most of it's second and third, the actresses have always nailed making their friendships feel very real and organic, they're just rarely given the story  and screen time to prove it. More of t his show, all the time, less of Jo and lesbian heretics I do not care about.

• Love 2

It's a sweet scene, but it rings strange to me. I've always gotten the impression that Elena was the link between Bonnie and Caroline -- and frankly that Elena and Bonnie were closer to each other than either were to her. I mean, the treatment Caroline got from Bonnie right after her turning was really rough. I always thought they played that pretty consistently, which is why I always like the Stefan/Caroline friendship -- I'm a Steroline shipper of olde (they got me the instant Caroline turned and Stefan talked her down), but even without any romance I've always appreciated the fact that Stefan really seemed to treat Caroline as a real friend. That he saw the worth in her as a friend. Often I got the feeling that Bonnie and Elena more put up with Caroline out of habit than genuinely liked her.

I've always gotten the impression that Elena was the link between Bonnie and Caroline

I felt exactly the opposite Bonnie was the link between Caroline and Elena who tended toward rivalry, as the arrival of the Salvatore Brothers proved. And I always remember Caroline's calling Grams Miss Sheila, it was full of affection and history.

• Love 8

I felt exactly the opposite Bonnie was the link between Caroline and Elena who tended toward rivalry, as the arrival of the Salvatore Brothers proved. And I always remember Caroline's calling Grams Miss Sheila, it was full of affection and history.

I agree that this was the original dynamic between the girls.  However, I could understand how some might see it as Elena as the link over time.  Since the show became so Elena-centric with every relationship, it started to seem like she was the thing bonding every character.  

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 2

However, I could understand how some might see it as Elena as the link over time.

Well that was brought about by Caroline becoming a vampire, Elena was in love with a vampire so she was naturally more inclined to see Caroline as still Caroline, and Bonnie had legit reasons she wasn't comfortable trusting as quickly, I don't think Caroline ever held it against Bonnie when she couldn't be as close to her in the aftermath.  Obvs I think someone BTS (whoever could it BE?) just likes to marginalize Bonnie, and making her anti-Vampire on  a show that is entirely empathetic to Vampires, was the best way not to tell any stories about her.

On screen though the Caroline/Bonnie moments always showed me they were closer B.S. (before Salvatores) and eventually after them too.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 3

Yeah, especially after Bonnie's mum was turned. Caroline was there for Bonnie and defending her even against Elena trying to barge in when she was just not in the mood to see her. I always saw their relationship this way. I really wish this show realised that they can stop writing romance as the central plot. Elena's departure was supposed to facilitate that. 

So, I hate to say it but here it goes... I just started watching The Vampire Diaries. Yep thats right, im a newbie and that's because I noticed it was streaming on Netflix and decided to give it a shot. I'm now seriously hooked! I don't even think I can watch regular tv now.. not only beacuse I'm binge watching TVD but also bc I saw a preview the other day of a new upcoming episiode and it kinda ruined some of the story for me. None the less, I'm still going to watch. But beware of commercials for upcoming episodes, they contain spoilers LOL!

Edited by cn0te
  • Love 2

Welcome cn0te. Netflix is how I got into the show as well. I had always wanted to watch it but never got around to it and eventually was like 4 seasons behind lol. That's the great thing about Netflix you can catch up pretty quickly. But I did spoil myself a fair bit with season 6. 

The Vampire Diaries, The Originals Moving to Fridays in 2016

http://tvline.com/2015/11/23/vampire-diaries-originals-fridays-cw-schedule-2016/

I think this is a warning shot for Plec and crew to get their act together writing wise. It seems to me the network equivalent of putting them out to pasture. TVD and TO are no Supernatural or Smallville's. The former has a steady fanbase and the latter had a built in fanbase from comics that was ultimately loyal no matter how bad it got.

Thanks for posting. Interesting.

Yeah, I figured this was going to happen after they announced that other show would be premiering on a Thursday. I'll be interested to see what it does to the ratings. They're already pretty bad. If they sink further, I'm guessing they'd still get another season to wrap things up. Maybe a short one, though.

KG unfollowed the majority of the cast and crew on twitter apparently. Maybe she's finally leaving this fakakta show. Hope her and Ian are okay though.

Edited by slayer2

KG unfollowed the majority of the cast and crew on twitter apparently. Maybe she's finally leaving this fakakta show. Hope her and Ian are okay though.

If you look at who she is following on her Twitter account, she is following the majority of the cast and Julie Plec.

If you look at who she is following on her Twitter account, she is following the majority of the cast and Julie Plec.

Did you check recently like, today? Because tumblr was freaking out.

She must have really cleaned house, it looks like she's only following 24 people. 

Right? Hope she's doing alright.

I just checked too and she is still following Paul, Ian (and Nikki), Zach, Candice, Julie, Caroline, and Nina.

Well that's reassuring.

A lot of celebs clean their accounts from time to time to get rid of trolls. They get a lot of hate from certain fans. Kat's IG account gets a lot of spam from some Delena shippers who accuse her of all kinds of horrible things. Especially when she posts pics with Ian's wife. I don't blame her if that is why she did it. I never believed it until I started following her and reading some of the comments. 

Vampire Diaries, The Originals Friday-Night Crossover Confirmed

https://tvline.com/2016/01/10/vampire-diaries-the-originals-crossover/

The Salvatores and the Mikaelsons are reuniting.

Friday-bound Vampire Diaries and The Originals will stage a crossover later this season, CW president Mark Pedowitz announced Sunday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena.

“You will see, organically, a crossover this year,” Pedowitz confirmed. “Not of the size and scope of we do with Arrow and Flash. They have to make sense [story-wise].”

Regarding the sister series’ move to Friday night beginning Jan. 29, Pedowitz maintained that the scheduling shift should not be interpreted as a death sentence for either show. “The move is not to exile [the shows],” he said. “It’s a move to strengthen Friday night.”

Regarding the sister series’ move to Friday night beginning Jan. 29, Pedowitz maintained that the scheduling shift should not be interpreted as a death sentence for either show. “The move is not to exile [the shows],” he said. “It’s a move to strengthen Friday night.”

Riiiiigggghhhhht.

• Love 3

Vampire Diaries, The Originals Friday-Night Crossover Confirmed

https://tvline.com/2016/01/10/vampire-diaries-the-originals-crossover/

The Salvatores and the Mikaelsons are reuniting.

Friday-bound Vampire Diaries and The Originals will stage a crossover later this season, CW president Mark Pedowitz announced Sunday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena.

“You will see, organically, a crossover this year,” Pedowitz confirmed. “Not of the size and scope of we do with Arrow and Flash. They have to make sense [story-wise].”

This is great!!! I miss Stefan and Klaus together.

I hope Caroline doesn't tag along because I don't wanna be reminded of how much great chemistry she had with Klaus and how much she doesn't have that with Stefan, and of course how much Klaus doesn't have it with Cami.

• Love 2

I just hope the Originals don't get punked out to the Heretics. In fact I hope Klaus on co put the Heretics on notice that they are not nearly as powerful as they think they are.

I'd love to see the heretics drain all the vampire magic out of Klaus only to discover that his wound gets healed because human-Klaus was a werewolf. Of course, human Klaus hadn't killed yet, but really all he needs to do is murder someone before that vampire-turning sword wound gets him. I bet he could set that up. And I don't recall if we've ever had a backstory on werewolves, so whether they're magic and can be drained too is up in the air. Let's see a snotty heretic with a wolf bite, eh?

• Love 1

I think Kai actually did confirm that werewolves are magic. He absorbed the magic from the bite Tyler gave him. So they do have some protection from werewolves. But I don't know how much they have from Klaus going into one of his rages and just straight up ending them lol. 

• Love 1

I think the traveler Marcos also showed us that werewolves are magic when he pushed Tyler over the magic MF boundary. All the magic drained out of him until he was just human with the werewolf gene, and dead lol.

So, in theory the heretics could kill Klaus and any of the Originals without the white oak stake.

So, can anyone remember who sired the Heretics? was it Lily or Julian? 

I wonder which original sire line the Heretics belong too. 

Are the Originals still linked to their sire lines? I haven't watched S3 of TO so I don't know if Davina was successful or not with her spell to unlink them.

Edited by miss-vanilla

I buy the mentality about strengthening Friday nights. Genre shows have done surprisingly well there for the network. They moved Smallville there to die and it wound up doing BETTER than it did in its previous Thursday timeslot and went on for three more seasons.

• Love 1

Maybe the show will do well on Friday nights, stranger things have happened.

However, I respectfully disagree about the network moving them to Friday night wasn’t directly in correlation to the shows disappointing ratings.
Supernatural also did well in the Friday night slot, but TVD ain’t no SPN. 

I guess we’ll see how this plays out.

In season 4, when they wanted to use the Cure on Klaus, they believed that turning an Original human broke the sire line.

Ahh Yes, I remember Tyler believed that when he was taunting Klaus when he was trapped in the Gilbert living room, but Mama Original believed she could kill ALL vampires in S3 when she linked all her children to turn them human, so I'm not sure.

Kat Graham says it’s the ‘right time’ for ‘Vampire Diaries’ to end

http://zap2it.com/20...ams-right-time/

Uhmm..lol, is this Kat's way of telling us that Bonnie is going to be permanently killed off in the Season 7 finale or she's going to be sent to offscreen land with Jeremy? The show will end when Ian and/or Paul get sick of showing up IMO. I'm probably just reaching here, it's just strange to see Kat be so direct with saying the show should end.