Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07 Study War No More

• Start Topic

Violet celebrates her 60th birthday, Nova and Remy grow closer, and Darla and Ralph Angel discuss custody. Plus, Violet learns more about her new business arrangement, and the Bordelon family is devastated to discover the Landry's true plan for the land.   

I sincerely hope Nova and Remy grow closer to deciding they are not interested in each other. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Remy, leave Nova alone.  I can’t stand either of them. 

RA is once again a jerk.  He really screwed Darla over.  I hope she gets custody and takes Blue away.  

Hollywood’s mother,  STFU.  At least she was right in the end about Vi having scars from her past.

Glad to see Charley on a date.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 8

I like seeing Prosper moving at Vi’s birthday party.

It’s nice to see Vi coming around for the big wedding but I think she and Hollywood need to really sit down and have a talk on what they want before getting married.

Remy has no shame. Nova is trying to keep her distance but I wouldn’t be surprised if she gave in.

I’m glad Charley is giving Romero a chance but I hated Charley correcting herself to say “Ra’s farm” instead of our farm.

I’m guessing Darla and RA are working on visitation without the court’s influence. I know she has a shaky past but I wonder if she can get fairness with the court on visitation.

Jacob is really slimy and Charley really needs to keep her distance from him. 

• Love 5

I like Hollywood's mother.  Happy to see Vi realize what she has. RA now that's just wrong, Darla didn't deserve that.  I like that Darla is standing up to RA. Proud of Charley ,she kept digging until she found the truth. I don't anticipate anymore vibes between she and Jacob, she's too consumed with her goal. Interested to see her next move on this.  Nova and Remy , maybe not, at least right now. Nova is also consumed with recent info on her father and her book , now this new tea from Charley . The Landry's are very dangerous  people, Charley has to watch her back.

• Love 6
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I sincerely hope Nova and Remy grow closer to deciding they are not interested in each other. 

YA THINK ! The FAMILY dosen't need this drama there is enough going on right now !

• Love 3

Vi's "Bless your heart" when she saw Hollywood's mother (who was just on How to Get Away With Murder) was perfect shade.

I was tearing up when Prosper said he was grateful that Ernest called him the night he was thinking of committing suicide, and that it was brave to show Prosper he was hurting. I really like Prosper. He reminds me a little of my grandpop, who was one of my favorite people.

I'm glad Charley is giving Romero a chance. She deserves some happiness.

It ain't a Black multi-generational party without the electric slide!

I'm really glad Darla is standing up for herself.

The irony of stealing land from Black farmers to create a private prison that will house predominantly Black bodies is not lost on me. Powerful. GET THEM, BORDELONS.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Vi's "Bless your heart" when she saw Hollywood's mother (who was just on How to Get Away With Murder) was perfect shade.

Thank you! I kept wondering where I've seen her. 

3 hours ago, byrd said:

I don't anticipate anymore vibes between she and Jacob, she's too consumed with her goal. Interested to see her next move on this.  The Landry's are very dangerous  people, Charley has to watch her back.

When all is out in the open I wonder how Jacob will explain himself. Can't blame all of this on Landry. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Arcadiasw said:

When all is out in the open I wonder how Jacob will explain himself. Can't blame all of this on Landry. 

She was also on Lost. She's kind of a "hey, it's that actress!"

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Neurochick said:

RA is once again a jerk.  He really screwed Darla over.  I hope she gets custody and takes Blue away.

5 hours ago, byrd said:

RA now that's just wrong, Darla didn't deserve that.  I like that Darla is standing up to RA.

There was no reason why RA couldn't have introduced Darla and Trinh. That was just rude. If that's RA's new girlfriend, Darla has a right to know who will be spending time with her kid.

I was so glad to see Romero. I was wondering if he would appear again. I admit that for a second I thought it was a different actor. He looked really different from the side.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

So true.. that's why I'm very interested to see this play out. Charley is very smart , I just hope cooler heads will prevail, and does not decide to go nuclear as this will blow Charley's cover . Hopefully they'll all realize this.  Jacob or Landry doesn't need to see her coming for them.  I  like Romero for Charley..

• Love 5
2 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

There was no reason why RA couldn't have introduced Darla and Trinh. That was just rude. If that's RA's new girlfriend, Darla has a right to know who will be spending time with her kid.

The sheer depths of this show's misogyny is staggering.

• Love 4

I searched my usual place when I have a question about an actor, but IMDb did not list Hollywood's mom, but I KNEW I had seen her on some other show. Rose from Lost!  Hey Rose!!

• Love 1
(edited)

OK, so Darla is 100% a better person than I am (or maybe just more of a doormat) because there is no way I would have let RA just drive off giving me the stinkface at the corner store. I would've called out to Blue and introduced myself to Trinh, all while pretty much ignoring RA. Darla needs to go to the courts STAT to work out this custody agreement. I also don't see why Blue had to stay all day and night at an adult family member's birthday party.  Blue could have wished happy birthday to Vi and then went off with his mother after about an hour or so visit. RA was just being his usual POS self...ugh.

Remy is another one that makes me sick. When he stood in front of the sink, I wanted to grab those glasses from Nova, fill them up with water and dump it all over his pathetic head. He really has no shame, going from one sister to the next. Why is Nova not questioning his insistence on weaseling his way into this family?

I've been Hollywood in a May/December romance myself. Its not easy when you are trying to create life experiences with a partner that's been there, done that and has more than a little bitterness in them.  Hollywood's mom is on point. Hollywood really needs to take some time to think about what life experiences he's willing to miss out on in order to be with Vi.

The prison reveal is not shocking but realistic and heartbreaking. I like the twist for storyline purposes as it gets the whole family involved. I really hope the Bordelons win this David vs. Goliath battle.

Sadly, I see no chemistry between Romero and Charley. I do hope she continues to play the field though. I also hope she slaps Nova upside the head one good time for even entertaining the thought of Remy.

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 5
(edited)

Jacob, Charley is not trying to be somebody's dirty little secret. At least with Romero she doesn't have to be worried about being seen with him in public. Or what his hidden agenda is against her family.

Were we supposed to understand that Willa Mae is only a few years older than Vi?

His last name is where Hollywood draws the line? Step into the 21st century, Wood. Maybe you could could take Vi's name.

A private jail. I was thinking it was going to be oil or some other drillable resource but that probably would've been found long before now.

The irony of stealing land from Black farmers to create a private prison that will house predominantly Black bodies is not lost on me. Powerful. GET THEM, BORDELONS.

And what's possibly just as bad: it'll likely also be used to house undocumented immigrants from below the southern US border until they can be deported. Maybe Romero and other members of the Latinx/Hispanic community will join the fight against it.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2
On 7/12/2018 at 10:45 PM, AgentRXS said:

Sadly, I see no chemistry between Romero and Charley. I do hope she continues to play the field though. I also hope she slaps Nova upside the head one good time for even entertaining the thought of Remy.

Caught up and I see what you mean. Jacob is very likely a snake but they have chemistry. Romero is more of a blank slate at this point but sparks between he and Charley seem to be absent.

Charley needs another option or they need to not make Jacob a true snake. Or both. 

• Love 2
(edited)

The "take land from poorer people to make a private prison funded by rich assholes" plot is literally the latest evil scheme on Riverdale this season. Maybe the Landrys are in bed with the Lodges too?! But, for serious, its so tragically ironic to build a private prison which will certainly hold a majority black population on the lands that were owned by black farmers before they got bought out. What a bag of dicks the Landrys and their cronies are. 

I dont think Keke and Micah are going to be together for much longer. Micah clearly feels pulled towards the Woke crew, and Keke is kind of over that scene, or at least those kids in particular, and I dont see this ending well for them. Too bad, because I like Keke. 

Remy is so gross, hitting on Nova while her sister, his ex, is in the same house. And I can totally see Nova giving up her reservations to get with him. We have pretty well established that Nova has no real issues hooking up with guys that she really shouldn't, but I hopes she can resist the urge. Charley would probably finally have a brain shut down. 

I get Vi not wanting to take Hollywood's name, and thats her call, but I can also get why Hollywood was upset. Vi keeps shutting down his attempts at helping her and being her partner, so I can see why he has gotten touchy, as he seems to feel like Vi really wants little to actually do with him.

STFU Ralph Angel. Just...stop.  

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I dont think Keke and Micah are going to be together for much longer. Micah clearly feels pulled towards the Woke crew, and Keke us kind of over that scene, or at least those kids in

particular, and I dont see this ending well for them. Too bad, because I like Keke. 

Same re: Keke. I know Micah is at that age where he is trying to find himself but I am honestly at the point where I'd be fine if he followed his trash ass father to LA.

Remy is so gross, hitting on Nova while her sister, his ex, is in the same house. And I can totally see Nova giving up her reservations to get with him. We have pretty well established that Nova has no real issues hooking up with guys that she really shouldn't, but I hopes he can resist the urge. Charley would probably finally have a brain shut down. 

I read a post on Tumblr about the show and the poster called out Remy's tendency to prey on vulnerability when it comes to the Bordelon sisters. I can see that. He seems like he wants to be in charge to shape/fix "his" woman. I liked him initially but I've been side-eyeing him since mid-S2. While I am not a fan of the duo nor their behavior of sneaking around, I don't find it surprising. I've seen some tweets in which people are shocked that the writers went there and firmly believe that Nova would never do this to Charley. I don't think Nova will spill the beans to Charley. I see Charley finding out about Nova and Remy is a dramatically soapy fashion. 

I caught up on the last 3 eps last night. so some of my thoughts are a mix of what happened in this ep plus things from eps 5 and 6. 

Has the family come up with a plan to counter-act Charley's that they dislike so much that they froze her out? It's been a while.

Ralph Angel continues to be an emotional void. He doesn't have to forgive Darla but he needs to do better with dealing with his emotions, especially in front of Blue. I keep waiting for RA to slip up and inadvertently let that child know he's not his biological father. I like Trinh from what I've seen of her so far. I don't need to see Ralph Angel and Darla reunite... just learn to co-parent amicably. I do think the show will end up putting them back together at some point, though.  

Expanding a bit on the Charley/Romero and Charley/Jacob stuff... the dinner date with Romero was alright. I thought it was cute that he wants to cook for her but I don't see any chemistry between them. In a lot of ways, their conversation made me think he's very similar to Charley in terms of stress in his life, family, and how he deals with it. I think Charley needs someone unlike herself who she can let loose with. She's all bundled up stress from so many things pulling at her. I am not looking forward to her finding out about Nova  & Remy as I think that'll blindside her as much as Davis's revelation that he had a child a few years younger than Micah living in the same city as they used to live. As for Charley/Jacob, as I posted prior, I think they have [strong] chemistry. He's definitely playing her in some way about the land but it's still too nebulous to pinpoint how much. That said, I think that kiss with her shook him judging from the look he gave her right after, so I am curious where they go from here. Flips side, I don't think Charley is as immune to Jacob as she would like to be. She doesn't trust him but I think that kiss shook her too. I also don't get the stalker vibe from Jacob... he's no Hank from Claws. Jacob wasn't pleased Charley wanted time/space after their kiss when he asked her out but I didn't get any extra rage vibe from him over her declaration. 

This may be an unpopular opinion, but Vi is on my last nerve. The stuff with her icing out Darla in front of Blue, her attitude towards Charley while also not offering any alternatives, her behavior with Hollywood regarding her business when he tries to help her so she won't do too much since she's ill. I get it in that Vi wants to be an independent, strong woman and keep her own name but the way she goes about it annoys me so much at this point. She just turned 60 and at times she acts like she's 15 with how she deals with things. Ralph Angel isn't the only one emotional stunted. Hollywood ain't perfect but I am amazed he doesn't snap at her more often cause she acts so extra with him at times, especially when he tries to help her. I know she has scars from her late husband but I need the show to do better with having her come to terms to more with her history there. That said, I did laugh about her opening the door on Micah and Keke then making sure it stayed open. My mom pulled that move a few times. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Caught up and I see what you mean. Jacob is very likely a snake but they have chemistry. Romero is more of a blank slate at this point but sparks between he and Charley seem to be absent.

Charley needs another option or they need to not make Jacob a true snake. Or both. 

You don't always have sparks on that first date or first meeting. Sometimes it has to build. But in TV land it has to be immediate or next. 

I dont think Keke and Micah are going to be together for much longer. Micah clearly feels pulled towards the Woke crew, and Keke us kind of over that scene, or at least those kids in particular, and I dont see this ending well for them. Too bad, because I like Keke. 

I get Vi not wanting to take Hollywood's name, and thats her call, but I can also get why Hollywood was upset. Vi keeps shutting down his attempts at helping her and being her partner, so I can see why he has gotten touchy, as he seems to feel like Vi really wants little to actually do with him.

Micah and Keke's conversation was sadly foreshadowing. For Keke, I think it's "Been there, done that, over it." Micah is now experiencing this and depending how far he lets the woke kids take him, may cost his relationship with Keke.

Vi is still carrying that baggage. Not easy but she has to let that go.

10 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

Has the family come up with a plan to counter-act Charley's that they dislike so much that they froze her out? It's been a while.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but Vi is on my last nerve. The stuff with her icing out Darla in front of Blue, her attitude towards Charley while also not offering any alternatives, her behavior with Hollywood regarding her business when he tries to help her so she won't do too much since she's ill. I get it in that Vi wants to be an independent, strong woman and keep her own name but the way she goes about it annoys me so much at this point. She just turned 60 and at times she acts like she's 15 with how she deals with things. Ralph Angel isn't the only one emotional stunted. Hollywood ain't perfect but I am amazed he doesn't snap at her more often cause she acts so extra with him at times, especially when he tries to help her. I know she has scars from her late husband but I need the show to do better with having her come to terms to more with her history there.  

Nope. They just wanted voice their complaint and criticism of Charley and no solutions as usual. 

I'll join you in the corner with our annoyance with Vi. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Arcadiasw said:

You don't always have sparks on that first date or first meeting. Sometimes it has to build. But in TV land it has to be immediate or next. 

12 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

For sure there is a higher bar with TV vs reality cause IMO viewers need to see something to build from when it comes to potential pairings and getting tongues wagging in the audience. For me, Romero was fine, I just didn't see anything there between him and Charley. They don't need to be fire from jump but a spark of some kind is what gets viewers interested in the potential. Obviously mileage varies. I haven't closed the door on them just yet... I'm just meh on them from what I've seen. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Expanding a bit on the Charley/Romero and Charley/Jacob stuff... the dinner date with Romero was alright. I thought it was cute that he wants to cook for her but I don't see any chemistry between them. In a lot of ways, their conversation made me think he's very similar to Charley in terms of stress in his life, family, and how he deals with it. I think Charley needs someone unlike herself who she can let loose with. She's all bundled up stress from so many things pulling at her. I am not looking forward to her finding out about Nova  & Remy as I think that'll blindside her as much as Davis's revelation that he had a child a few years younger than Micah living in the same city as they used to live. As for Charley/Jacob, as I posted prior, I think they have [strong] chemistry. He's definitely playing her in some way about the land but it's still too nebulous to pinpoint how much. That said, I think that kiss with her shook him judging from the look he gave her right after, so I am curious where they go from here. Flips side, I don't think Charley is as immune to Jacob as she would like to be. She doesn't trust him but I think that kiss shook her too. I also don't get the stalker vibe from Jacob... he's no Hank from Claws. Jacob wasn't pleased Charley wanted time/space after their kiss when he asked her out but I didn't get any extra rage vibe from him over her declaration. 

The pie date was Romero was cute. Their chemistry was fine. But I want more than cute for Charley. She had cute with Remy. I want someone who will challenge her. Also someone who likes cut throat business Charley. That could be Jacob...or not. LOL.

As for Jacob and Charley, I enjoy their scenes. The actors have a nice energy and the characters interactions are unpredictable. Jacob is an alpha male and Charley is an alpha female. They get each other while still playing one another. I think the kiss meant something to both of them. Hopefully, the writers continue with their "relationship". I predict that Jacob will join Charley in going against Sam Landry. Jacob wants to be more than Sam's lackey. Jacob's side of the family might want the business to go in a different direction. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, cassieb said:

I want someone who will challenge her. Also someone who likes cut throat business Charley. That could be Jacob...or not. LOL.

As for Jacob and Charley, I enjoy their scenes. The actors have a nice energy and the characters interactions are unpredictable. Jacob is an alpha male and Charley is an alpha female. They get each other while still playing one another. I think the kiss meant something to both of them.

This is a good point. We know Davis ain't shit and continuously did Charley dirty with all his women on the side plus that secret kid only a couple of years younger than Micah. Remy seems to only like women when they are vulnerable and couldn't handle cunning business Charley. I also grew tired of Remy passing judgment on her very quickly.

Romero seems nice enough so far but I also don't see him necessarily appreciating cutthroat Charley, though it's too early to be certain. I am just going off first impression that he falls more in the realm of nice guy but hopefully without Remy's useless judgement. I think that's why I am curious where this goes with her and Jacob, not solely cause of chemistry with Jacob but because he doesn't seem cowed by Charley when she's in cunning and cutthroat mode about business. And the writing for them hasn't been too predictable, so that's a welcome change. 

20 hours ago, cassieb said:

The pie date was Romero was cute. Their chemistry was fine. But I want more than cute for Charley. She had cute with Remy. I want someone who will challenge her. Also someone who likes cut throat business Charley. That could be Jacob...or not. LOL.

A friend and I were discussing this last night along with how much Remy & Nova hooking up is in poor taste and it seemed like Charley called Romero partly to try to distance herself from being shook by that kiss with Jacob. The timing of her finding his number lodged in her purse after turning down Jacob for a date is suspect.

Anywho, l look forward to whenever Charley finds out about her ex and her sister though I would bet money that Vi will side with Nova whatever happens. 

• Love 1
On 7/12/2018 at 6:36 AM, Empress1 said:

On 7/16/2018 at 10:36 PM, tennisgurl said:

But, for serious, its so tragically ironic to build a private prison which will certainly hold a majority black population on the lands that were owned by black farmers before they got bought out. .  

Not just Black bodies -- Black slaves.  Angola Prison is a horrid example.