Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: Grand Finale

• Start Topic

(edited)

Asia’s heart must have sunk when none of those butterflies took off. Everyone in the audience looked confused.

I want a season where some queen takes off her wig and spiders crawl out.

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Love 5
(edited)

Aquaria won that lip sync.

eta:  Aquaria wasn’t happy with the tie.  It didn’t seem like she could keep the disappointment off her face, and I have to agree with her. 

Edited by PeaceLily2
  • Love 18

Eureka won that lip sync for me. Shame. I thought Kameron made a smart move choosing Asia so that the two front runners, Aquaria and Eureka, would have to pick each other off in the semis, but Ru was not having it. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Guess Ru wanted Aquaria and Eureka to battle for the win, and the wheel didn’t make that happen so he had to do that “you’re both moving on” bullshit.

Edited by Michichick
  • Love 9
(edited)
13 minutes ago, PeaceLily2 said:

Aquaria won that lip sync.  

I yelled out YAAAAAASSSS BITCH!  when she hit that dance from the If video!  No way that should've been a tie! 

Edited by Dani331
  • Love 16

Someone sent the wrong memo to Asia saying they would lip sync to Mariah Carey ´´Butterfly``? Otherwise, no reason for rely on that prop for either Janet Jackson songs.. Not the best lip sync songs, but agree with both results. It was very close between Aquaria and Eureka.. Aquaria gave it all the way, Eureka build it better.. Best decision to keep both, otherwise it would be too obvious the winner (no way Kameron is taking it).

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Dani331 said:

Preparing myself for the damn rigga-morris (in my Alyssa voice).  ?

Ok, I was wrong!  Lol.  Was Aquaria shading Eureka with that second chance thing?  ??

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, CaioF said:

Someone sent the wrong memo to Asia saying they would lip sync to Mariah Carey ´´Butterfly``? Otherwise, no reason for rely on that prop for either Janet Jackson songs.. Not the best lip sync songs, but agree with both results. It was very close between Aquaria and Eureka.. Aquaria gave it all the way, Eureka build it better.. Best decision to keep both, otherwise it would be too obvious the winner (no way Kameron is taking it).

When the butterflies didn’t do what Asia wanted them to do the first time, then the second time, she should have just left them alone and lip synced.  

• Love 13

Oh, Asia. As someone who's gone to too many bad weddings, as soon as I understood what she was trying to do I was like "....she knows those butterflies are gonna be sleepy as fuck and not fly, right?". I've seen a few brides (all of them at dry weddings, too, so it was so paaaainful) try similar stunts and they never, ever worked. I'm guessing she didn't practice that, which she reeeeeally should have. Also, kinda really fucked up to have living things in the fray of a LSFYL, I bet at least one of them ended up on the bottom of a size 14 pump.

They gotta figure something else out for these finales. That final three lip sync was a fucking mess, and wasn't at all fun to watch imo. 

• Love 21
(edited)
6 minutes ago, PeaceLily2 said:

When the butterflies didn’t do what Asia wanted them to do the first time, then the second time, she should have just left them alone and lip synced.  

Unless they were trainned not only to fly but also to dance to the beat of the Janet Jackson songs, It wouldnt be enough still. It seems to me she saw what Sasha did last season with the petals but she totally missed the mark. Sasha used them at the right time, as a bonus (like Aquaria did with the fireworks on Bang Bang), not to let the lip sync/the energy the song calls in second plane.

They gotta figure something else out for these finales. That final three lip sync was a fucking mess, and wasn't at all fun to watch imo. 

The combination of Kameron moving on and Aquaria X Eureka first lip sync probably forced Ru to consult producers and change it on last minute, otherwise it would be like revealing the winner before the final lip sync. Better songs next season (the Janet songs made wide open, apart from Asia messing up) or having a tie breaker to avoid more than two queens lip syncing together.

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Totally agree.  I think yet another lip sync is dumb for the finale anyway.  The winner should already be decided by then and just have everyone play til it's announced.

2 minutes ago, CaioF said:

Unless they were trainned not only to fly but also to dance to the beat of the Janet Jackson songs, It wouldnt be enough

lmao

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

I'm glad Aquaria won. Let's see if Ru will treat her like the others.

I can't wait to see Raven on Fashion Photo Ruview but she probably won't be there.  She's had nothing to say about her all season lol

The camera cut back and forth on that final lip sync so often that I felt I couldn’t tell who was doing well. I’m not surprised at the final decision though. Rupaul was always in Aquaria’s camp.

It’s weird to me that this season was built so much on people showing their vulnerability as they talked about rape, religious conversion camps, racial and cultural beliefs that separated people from their families, and growing up living hand to mouth, and yet the winner is the one who expressed not a single one of these issues.  

It’s kind of like the message for this season is, “No matter who you are or where you come from, you can make it — just not as a far as the pretty, rich white people.” Which is true for the most part, so at least there is honesty in this.

• Love 21
(edited)

Asia's butterfly gag is something that only works when the cameras are only on you. Maybe it's a gag for a movie or a music video, but certainly not a lip sync against another queen. It was a mess. Also I'm not happy that she dragged live creatures into this shit only to be probably stepped on.

Honestly, it was a toss up for me in the head to head with Eureka and Aquaria. I say this for two reasons: 1. the cameras did a shit job of focusing on Eureka to know what she was doing during the bulk of the lip sync and 2. even though Aquaria had some dance training as a kid, she's slightly terrible or more correctly undisciplined (she's all big big big, nor does she understand how to dance a narrative through line in a song).

The 3 part abomination...ugh. Aquaria. I guess. Doesn't understand nuance for shit when she dances or how to build. Once again, Eureka built up through the song better, but her moves weren't as strong. And because Aquaria went big for the first 2/3rds of the song, she was dragging a little by the end. I couldn't tell what was going on with Kameron because the camera work was a fucking mess.

Soooooo...I guess congrats to Aquaria. But she like the rest of the final four were going to have to do a lot to impress me if they had won because I wasn't really loving any of the finalists. She's certainly not my least favorite winner and she's more talented than Tyra. But I don't care what Ru says, Aquaria wouldn't even be in my top 20 or 30 favorite queens. 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 13
(edited)
13 minutes ago, ChelseaNH said:

So I'm old, but watching Asia, I kept thinking, "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

Hahahahaha!  I remember that episode!  

Edited by PeaceLily2
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, CaioF said:

The combination of Kameron moving on and Aquaria X Eureka first lip sync probably forced Ru to consult producers and change it on last minute, otherwise it would be like revealing the winner before the final lip sync. Better songs next season (the Janet songs made wide open, apart from Asia messing up) or having a tie breaker to avoid more than two queens lip syncing together.

The final lip synch was by three artists. Could this possibly have been because RuPaul already knew there would be a final three?

• Love 12

Asia lost that for herself...butterflies and flowers for a Janet Jackson song???  It was awful...I was embarrassed for her.

I dislike Eureka intensely, and was so afraid she'd win.  Aquaria was my top choice, with Kameron a close second.

Sasha is gorgeous.

Miz Cracker, I loves ya.

And I thought Monet was adorable when she won Miss Congeniality.

• Love 14

Eureka benefited from TWO non-eliminations this season. No wonder Aquaria was upset.

They should've nixed that butterfly stunt from the get-go. Even if they had fluttered away, chances are they would've died in that theater. Stupid and cruel.

• Love 19
(edited)

I was wondering last week why only Asia was giving ´´Fuck it, I already lost``vibes (for those that dont know, the reunion is tapped after the finale) while all the other three kept themselves together, even Kameron while queens went for her. Now it makes sense, because till that moment, all three recorded their winner moment/where still on the game. Funny tho, that even knowing that, the some queens still picked Asia as their winner instead of Kameron lol.

PS: Was me, or at the least how the camera cut (whe never know how much it was edited) but by the end of Kameron X Asia lip sync, Kameron looked down/ saw the poor butterflies and looked disgusted?

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

The camera cut back and forth on that final lip sync so often that I felt I couldn’t tell who was doing well.

I can't stand the camera work during lip syncs and for the dance numbers too.  Just keep it still so we can see how everyone's doing!

• Love 12

My favorite was Kameron and she's still amazing to me. 

I loved her grandma's video, and how proud her grandma was of her. 

Kameron is still quite the lip sync assassin. She eliminated 3 queens and needed 2 queens to take her down. 

Kameron!

• Love 10