Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, zorak said:

Faysal to Kaitlyn:  "I don't know.  I just want to get to jury." 

Figures. It's always the Duds with nothing to offer the show that talk like that.

I still have no idea how Faysal made it through casting. He puts me to sleep whenever I try to listen to him for more than about two minutes.

• Love 1

How is the vote leaning right now? I heard Scottie tell someone (I forget who) that he doesn't care, he just wants to see them campaign against each other. Scottie is cracking me up this week. Anyway, basically what I'm asking is who does Tyler want gone because that's most likely who will go.

Brett is clearly the bigger threat, so I figure that's who Tyler wants gone. But with Brett gone Kaitlyn will probably latch herself even more so to Tyler, which is bad for him.

Just now, gunderda said:

I think BB has fun with the bros on the episodes. I have a feeling the one leaving has a good chance to come back. 

I don't think so, unless Sam uses her power. Otherwise there's really just no way they can justify bringing them back.

(edited)
8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

How is the vote leaning right now? I heard Scottie tell someone (I forget who) that he doesn't care, he just wants to see them campaign against each other. Scottie is cracking me up this week. Anyway, basically what I'm asking is who does Tyler want gone because that's most likely who will go.

Brett is clearly the bigger threat, so I figure that's who Tyler wants gone. But with Brett gone Kaitlyn will probably latch herself even more so to Tyler, which is bad for him.

A few posts above this one someone posted that Tyler wants Winston out (for now anyway) because he is bad for the alliance.   I assume that meant he is more a liability which is certainly true.

Over in the TV thread ByaNoise posted a link to yet another clueless Swaggy interview.  So in case you are through going into that thread anymore here is it. 

When told Scottie at the time was thinking of putting up Brett and Winston, Swaggy dismissed it as Scottie not having the stones to do it and also he didn't have the votes.  Hello, he doesn't need "votes" to nominate anyone.  They also told him Tyler got the second power app.  He still can't believe he didn't get a power app because, you know, he won TWO (only one with two parts but Swaggy isn't a math genius apparently) competitions and provided America with a showmance.  So he "deserved" it.  Clueless to the end ... and beyond.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-20-swaggy-c-williams-eviction-interview-1126995

Edited by green
  • Love 9

Sam was just out in the backyard talking to Tyler.  The camera switched to them mid conversation so I'm not sure what all was said before that.  But the part I came in on was Sam telling Tyler that she can tell that there are little signs here and there that Scottie has a crush on her.  She said she cares for Scottie's heart and that there will come a point where she will have to be straight up with him that she's not interested in that.  She told Tyler that if Scottie brings up stuff like that to him to just tell him that Sam still has feelings for her ex.

• Love 1

Unpopular opinion, but for me Sam sometimes crosses over into the strongly dislike-able category. I like her fight/spirit and her genuine kindness. I laughingly enjoy that she has the kind of soft baby-voice that Kaitlyn pretends to. But I also think she's gotten a little too big for her britches. Lately she's been talking about how this game is really not that hard and how she thinks she and Scottie are smarter than average. [*Petty superior asshole comment (yes, I'm the same kind who judges HGs on glaring yet popular grammar errors like "it's good for him and I"): watching them play the alphabet game in the first couple days, she and Scottie were doing famous people and she goes "C.... Tchaikovsky." Scottie did not correct her.) She seems so very proud of the "fact" that she has not told a single lie in the house yet, and graciously accepts compliments for such. IMO,there's nothing wrong with lying in this game, and is quite frequently needed to win, but since she's not a fan, she doesn't seem to understand many basic elements and history of the game. Yet at the same time she makes batty cow eyes at the camera while addressing Evil Dick and cutesy "who, me?" gestures when throwing the last HoH comp. She's lolling around Scottie's HoH room and giving him winks and pinkie swear promises to the nth degree and then thinks he might like her? Through at least last night she was still talking about how "nobody talks to her" and then is having a heart-to-heart with Scottie and Tyler? It's like this weird combination of naivete and disingenuous behavior that to me comes off as hypocritical.

And then there's the constant mother henning (yup, making up that term) that on the one hand is very sweet and probably generally appreciated, but can easily cross the line into smothering or even condescension. (Granted, I'm a grown adult - even older than Steve, GASP! - who doesn't need mommy to wash her dishes or braid her hair.) True, the first week punishment was absolutely awful, but going from "I hate everyone here" to "I really connect with you" with Scottie and Tyler is just suspicious. Oh, and last night she broke out the perennial nail in the coffin when she said something to the effect of "I get along with men better than women." Of course, it sounded very sweet in her gentle twang as she was curled up behind the bed, but it still made me groan.

My apologies for the extended rant. Despite the criticism, I still like Sam in some ways, but hypocrisy is my most-hated of all personal characteristics, and she's really pinging my hypocrite radar. Overall, I'm thrilled that this season really has lots of good players and interesting HGs, and alliances are not trapped in amber.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Hmm Sam said something like this year there was more incentive to make jury than in seasons prior. So maybe they've upped the salary? 

There’s been incentive to make jury since sequester at the jury house became part of the deal.

Problem is, in recent years with the majority of each cast having been recruited and there for exposure in lieu of actual fans that just want to play, it caused a shift in how things were playing out.

Hoping the promise of additional cash would motivate the herd to play to win rather than play to 9th place, they’ve shifted things around so the compensation increases each week they remain in the house for 9th - 3rd places rather than the same payout to each jury member. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the earlier link to the Hollywood Reporter’s interview with Chris and his bitterness @green. Good stuff, indeed.

It was interesting to go from that to the pregame nonsense of the herd. Who knew most could become even more loathesome retroactively? At this point, Rachel’s the only one that’s still likable.  

• Love 1
(edited)
59 minutes ago, cork dork said:

It was interesting to go from that to the pregame nonsense of the herd. Who knew most could become even more loathesome retroactively?

RS  had a baby in December and wasn't working so she thought she'd go on the show?????  With a 6 month old baby at home?????   I just don't understand these people.  How can a mother abandon a 6 month old baby for 3 months for a TV show? 

"I have three kids and had to figure out what to do with them." 

Gee bitch. Are they interfering with your rock star lifestyle? She's dropped to new low for me.  I didn't think it was possible, but she managed it. 

ETA:  I know she's not the first mom to do this (to get the money so their kids can have a better life?) but her attitude really annoys me.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Skycatcher said:

RS  had a baby in December and wasn't working so she thought she'd go on the show?????  With a 6 month old baby at home?????   I just don't understand these people.  How can a mother abandon a 6 month old baby for 3 months for a TV show? 

"I have three kids and had to figure out what to do with them." 

Gee bitch. Are they interfering with your rock star lifestyle? She's dropped to new low for me.  I didn't think it was possible, but she managed it. 

ETA:  I know she's not the first mom to do this (to get the money so their kids can have a better life?) but her attitude really annoys me.

I agree. That was my first reaction to episode 1 where they showed her  with husband (boyfriend?) and kids.  Yes, I'm sure someone is caring for her kids.  But attachment disorder is a real thing, and babies suffer when the person they're most attached to disappears.  By the time she returns, the child could have been without her for a third if his/her life.  I have a very low opinion of any parent who would do this to a baby.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

I agree. That was my first reaction to episode 1 where they showed her  with husband (boyfriend?) and kids.  Yes, I'm sure someone is caring for her kids.  But attachment disorder is a real thing, and babies suffer when the person they're most attached to disappears.  By the time she returns, the child could have been without her for a third if his/her life.  I have a very low opinion of any parent who would do this to a baby.

I sort of agree but I think it's also a double standard because there are a number of contestants who have young babies at home. Except they were guys, so no one thought anything of it. I mean just off the top of my head:

1. Jason from last year left his pregnant wife. He already had a young child and wifey was about to give birth to baby #2. 

2. Derrick also left his wife and young baby at home. In fact, he would use anyone plotting against him as "trying to take food out of my baby's mouth."

3. Cody (BB19) had a daughter. His HG's wouldn;t believe this was true. 

4. James (BB17 and BB18) also had a daughter and he was behind of child support payments.

5. Enzo (BB12) also had a wife and young child at home

Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are way more. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I sort of agree but I think it's also a double standard because there are a number of contestants who have young babies at home. Except they were guys, so no one thought anything of it. I mean just off the top of my head:

1. Jason from last year left his pregnant wife. He already had a young child and wifey was about to give birth to baby #2. 

2. Derrick also left his wife and young baby at home. In fact, he would use anyone plotting against him as "trying to take food out of my baby's mouth."

3. Cody (BB19) had a daughter. His HG's wouldn;t believe this was true. 

4. James (BB17 and BB18) also had a daughter and he was behind of child support payments.

5. Enzo (BB12) also had a wife and young child at home

Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are way more. 

How can you forget that Devon has a daughter ?????? It was a  running joke his season. LOL

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Actually, Jason didn't know his wife was pregnant until he was already in the house. I believe he found out in an HOH letter that he got for the double eviction, and then he was evicted a couple of weeks later.

Truly, I don't really care if Rockstar chose to come into the house with a 6 month old at home. Unlike Keisha from CBB, this isn't Rockstar's first child so she knows what to expect. As long as she doesn't complain about it, then whatever, her choice. If she was someone who had to go travel for work for a couple of months in order to pay the bills, then my reaction would be roughly the same (as long as she has someone to help care for the child, two-three months out of an infant's life won't ruin the child's life forever). Though, I admit I say this as a single woman who doesn't have kids so I could be completely wrong. 

But she seemed to already have some issues with her boyfriend, who made it clear he did not approve of her decision, so I think that's the bigger issue for me. Clearly, there's a spat there that might further distance that relationship and Angie seemed pretty upset that her boyfriend would not support her decision to come into the house. So, in that sense, with Angie's family situation sounding a bit unstable from what she described on the feeds, that should have been the reason for her to maybe not choose to come onto the show.

• Love 1

When you’re struggling financially BB might sound like some easy money. They do get paid REALLY well.  I’m pretty sure they get paid more than me and I’ve been at the same job for 11 years and it’s a good career office job. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

But she seemed to already have some issues with her boyfriend, who made it clear he did not approve of her decision, so I think that's the bigger issue for me. 

The boyfriend seems to be taking it just fine on twitter. He even ate pb&j only during this past week since she's a HN. I don't know if he's faking it for the social media attention or if maybe he just got over whatever issue he had quickly.

I have been waiting for the whole 'How dare she leave her baby!' thing to come up. I'm surprised it took so long. Thank you so very much @Growsonwalls for bringing up all the men who left young children and never once got any blowback for it.

I should just be grateful that Scottie didn't do Tyler's bidding this week and that he put up the bros at all, but I am greedy and need Brett to go instead of Winston.

Oh also, @Dewey Decimate, I completely agree with you on Sam.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

all the men who left young children and never once got any blowback for it.

Generally speaking, men are not the primary caretaker/bond for an infant, so no blowback.  Psychologically separation anxiety can affect an entire life.

5 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Also Rockstar is a lot of things but she hasn't trotted out this "I'm doing this because my family's starving" as a reason she's untouchable. And I respect that. Because that does become tiresome. 

Agreed. I was referring to the usual excuse used by moms on reality shows.  My annoyance is with mothers of infants. I think older children with stand separation better.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Also Rockstar is a lot of things but she hasn't trotted out this "I'm doing this because my family's starving" as a reason she's untouchable. And I respect that. Because that does become tiresome. 

I haven't seen her use it as a reason she's untouchable necessarily, but I have seen Rockstar say that her family is living paycheck to paycheck (and someone else in the house mentioned it about her, too) so she has brought it up.  Her financial situation was front and center when she was having her meltdown about how her partner didn't understand why she was going on BB.  Also, she's made repeated comments about Brett not needing to be there because she can tell his family has money.  So, while she hasn't made Derrick level obnoxious comments about other people in the game taking food out of her baby's mouth, she's definitely made it known that her family is struggling financially, and based on her Brett comments, she seems to think that makes her more worthy to be on BB and win.

• Love 4

Rockstar's name is "Rockstar."  It's not Stay-At-Home-Mom or Part-Time-Barista.  Her name kind of means that she's required to be on television.  Plus, children are often annoying.  I think I've rested my case pretty adequately.

• Love 13
(edited)

The obvious comparison IMHO to Rockstar having a baby is Libra. How old was that baby? Only a couple of months I think, and Libra took ENORMOUS flack for it. Much more than Rockstar has- I even remember Julie piling on and letting her feelings show. Maybe more than once. (Libra did have a stay at home husband IIRC.)

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

Generally speaking, from a developmental psychology perspective, babies have their primary attachment to their mother.  There is a biological tie there. Babies have an emotional connection to the one person who provides most of their care, and then that attachment extends to others.  But the primary attachment is crucial.   Some of your examples are not infants, but young children.  Attachment issues are really more about the first three years of life, but especially infants.  when there is a lack of consistent caregiving - like the primary caregiver leaves -  attachment problems can occur.  

It's not about judging, or having a "double standard", I'm just pointing out, from my experience and training  in the mental health field that a mother leaving an infant for an extended period of time can wreak havoc on the baby's life  and the consequences can be long-lasting.   (see Failure to thrive syndrome, and Reactive attachment Disorder). 

It's also unusual for a mother who has bonded with her baby to be eager to leave for an extended time.  (now, when the kids reach adolescence, moms and kids are generally OK with a break).

Edited by backformore
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, backformore said:

Generally speaking, from a developmental psychology perspective, babies have their primary attachment to their mother.  There is a biological tie there. Babies have an emotional connection to the one person who provides most of their care, and then that attachment extends to others.  But the primary attachment is crucial.   Some of your examples are not infants, but young children.  Attachment issues are really more about the first three years of life, but especially infants.  when there is a lack of consistent caregiving - like the primary caregiver leaves -  attachment problems can occur.  

It's not about judging, or having a "double standard", I'm just pointing out, from my experience and training  in the mental health field that a mother leaving an infant for an extended period of time can wreak havoc on the baby's life  and the consequences can be long-lasting.   (see Failure to thrive syndrome, and Reactive attachment Disorder). 

It's also unusual for a mother who has bonded with her baby to be eager to leave for an extended time.  (now, when the kids reach adolescence, moms and kids are generally OK with a break).

Hmm it's not so different from moms who have to go back to work after a few months of maternity leave. Women used to get so much flack for that. So far I've not seen any evidence that Rockstar is a bad mother so I just feel hesitant judging her. In general I find the way women tear each other part in the "mommy wars" horrifying. 

• Love 7
Just now, Growsonwalls said:

Hmm it's not so different from moms who have to go back to work after a few months of maternity leave. Women used to get so much flack for that. So far I've not seen any evidence that Rockstar is a bad mother so I just feel hesitant judging her. In general I find the way women tear each other part in the "mommy wars" horrifying. 

This isn't "mommy wars", not at all.   Working mothers generally work 40 hours a week, they're not away 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

And, as I said, it's not about judging, as much as it is about pointing out how leaving an infant for an extended time can be detrimental.  

• Love 6

I’m going to agree with backformore and I’m also going to be  judgmental.  A woman working 40hours a week and  being away from her child is one thing, but being gone for 3 months and leaving an infant and two small children behind to hang around a house with a bunch of 20 something’s, reliving your glory days on national television; dancing around bra less and sunning yourself is not exactly what Gloria Steinem had in mind. Yes, women in the military are deployed for long periods and I’m sure we are not trying to guilt trip them about being away from their children,but this is kind of a different animal.

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, backformore said:

This isn't "mommy wars", not at all.   Working mothers generally work 40 hours a week, they're not away 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

And, as I said, it's not about judging, as much as it is about pointing out how leaving an infant for an extended time can be detrimental.  

I know plenty of working mothers who because of economics have to away from their newborns way more than 40 hours a week, if that includes commute, second jobs (yes there are working moms who have a day and night job). And they used to get torn apart because they couldn't afford to stay at home with their children. Thank god the Phyllis Schlafy's of the world are no more. As I said Rockstar is a lot of things but she's never spoken about her children except in a loving, healthy way so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that if she was having a lot of money problems she might feel that this is the right decision.

• Love 3

Rockstar bringing up to Sam that Brett doesn't need the money.  She says she's not trying to be judgey but his family is loaded and he's doing just fine in life and doesn't need to be there.  She says Brett needs to go over Winston because Brett is a slick salesman who stands in the way of her winning the money.

• Love 4

That's one reason I don't like Rockstar at all.  I don't even think she knows that. She just made it up in her head.  And of course Sam is gullible enough to go along with that.  Bleh.

• Love 5
Just now, vb68 said:

That's one reason I don't like Rockstar at all.  I don't even think she knows that. She just made it up in her head.  And of course Sam is gullible enough to go along with that.  Bleh.

Brett has never outright said his family has a lot of money but he has mentioned some things that definitely made me think his family is most likely wealthy.  That being said, just because Brett's parents may have a lot of money doesn't mean that he does, too.  Regardless, how much money a person does or doesn't have, should have no bearing on whether or not they deserve to win BB, and I find it really annoying that she brings that crap up.

Now Rockstar is in the kitchen telling Kaitlyn about her talk with Sam and what she told Sam about Brett and how she floated the idea of an all girl alliance to Sam.

• Love 6

Rockstar was in the kitchen with Kaitlyn and Angela doing her best to try to persuade them that Brett needs to be the one to go.  And of course she felt compelled to throw in that Brett's family is loaded as a reason to get rid of him.  Kaitlyn and Angela were not exactly jumping on the Brett hate train.  Although I do think that Brett is a bigger threat than Winston to win the game, I kind of want him to stick around just so he can continue to be a thorn in Rockstar's side because I can't stand her.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, zorak said:

That being said, just because Brett's parents may have a lot of money doesn't mean that he does, too.

That's the point. She doesn't know HIS situation.  Sometimes wealthy people are just skim flints who don't share. I have a friend who tried to cater  to her father for years and always scheduled her vacation time to see him and what not. And she was completely left out. He thought he made his own money, so she should too.  So that you can always assume from a person's relatives is wrong. And it has nothing to do with the game anyways.

Edited by vb68
17 minutes ago, zorak said:

Brett has never outright said his family has a lot of money but he has mentioned some things that definitely made me think his family is most likely wealthy.  That being said, just because Brett's parents may have a lot of money doesn't mean that he does, too.  Regardless, how much money a person does or doesn't have, should have no bearing on whether or not they deserve to win BB, and I find it really annoying that she brings that crap up.

Now Rockstar is in the kitchen telling Kaitlyn about her talk with Sam and what she told Sam about Brett and how she floated the idea of an all girl alliance to Sam.

I'd say that a lot of these houseguests do likely have money in some way, or else they wouldn't be able to afford to go on this show. Some quit their jobs to be on Big Brother, and others are lucky to have a job that their boss allows them to take these months off, but how comfortable must they feel if they know they could be fine after the show's done and they're looking for a new job or going back?

It's just annoying for Rockstar to say that some don't deserve to win, or to even be there, because they may have money. 

Also, Rockstar just spilled this all girls alliance to Sam. There's a lot of blabbermouths in the house, and I know Sam can be one of them, but Rockstar's inching upward with that. There's a reason why Fessy told Bayleigh not to tell anyone else about her power. If Rockstar knew, I get the feeling that everyone would have known by now.

• Love 1

Now Rockstar is bitching in the storage room to Haleigh about Kaitlyn.  Rockstar is annoyed by the fact that when she was in the kitchen with Kaitlyn and Angela, Kaitlyn said that she promised to be loyal to Brett early on in the game and she doesn't want America to think she is disloyal in light of what happened with Swaggy.  Haleigh and Rockstar brought up to each other how Kaitlyn told them that she was the only ones that she is loyal to.  They are not happy with her.

2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

It's just annoying for Rockstar to say that some don't deserve to win, or to even be there, because they may have money. 

I completely agree.  I mean Sam lives in a camper in her parents' backyard and I've never heard her play the "I am more worthy of winning this game because I don't have a lot of money" card.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, zorak said:

Now Rockstar is bitching in the storage room to Haleigh about Kaitlyn.  Rockstar is annoyed by the fact that when she was in the kitchen with Kaitlyn and Angela, Kaitlyn said that she promised to be loyal to Brett early on in the game and she doesn't want America to think she is disloyal in light of what happened with Swaggy.  Haleigh and Rockstar brought up to each other how Kaitlyn told them that she was the only ones that she is loyal to.  They are not happy with her.

This is why I really like the L6 girls compared to S6 girls. I feel like Rachel/Angela do less bitching about other girls than Rockstar/Haleigh. I know Rachel and Angela have done some bitching, but it seems like Rockstar and now Haleigh bitch daily about others. Even Kaitlyn does her fair share of bitching due to jealousy of other girls. 

• Love 6

Rockstar just pulled Kaitlyn into the geometry room specifically to remind her that Brett threw out Haleigh and Rockstar's names to Scottie as people who needed to go on the block.  Kaitlyn claims that she keeps forgetting about that but thanked Rockstar for the reminder.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

That's the point. She doesn't know HIS situation.  Sometimes wealthy people are just skim flints who don't share. I have a friend who tried to cater  to her father for years and always scheduled her vacation time to see him and what not. And she was completely left out. He thought he made his own money, so she should too.  So that argument bothers me.

Was her Dad named Joan Crawford?

As far as the women working thing, women have always had to work.  Not upper-class women, but poor women worked and families back in the day were often separated by economics or war or early mortality.    Kids were shipped off to other relatives or to apprenticeships or what have you.  I'm not saying any of this is ideal, it's just that human beings spent a lot of time with infants being separated from their moms for one reason or another (and that's still true in many parts of the world).  All things being equal, though, I'd say it's probably better for child development for them to be with their parents as much as possible.  Yeah, the safety net in the US isn't as great as in other developed countries, but Rockstar probably could have found ways to get enough money to care for her kids without having to go on Big Brother.  While I don't think her participation is anywhere near the worst thing that could happen for a child (and I'm not saying that others are), I don't think it's optimal either.  

Babies are hard to care for and need a lot of attention (geez, babies!).  I think both parents should be as available as possible if that's an option.  So, I guess I'm on the side of people saying Rockstar shouldn't have come on BB.  Go on "Price is Right" instead.  That's only a day.

And I do think that about the men who left babies at home as well.

• Love 4