Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Wha--.Brett? Really? Brett? I know they've talked a bunch and I know they've hung out a bit, but Sam's NEVER shown signs of a crush with him. She's shown that they're friendly, but I know I talked about this yesterday, whether here or on Reddit, that Sam has shown to like all the other guys in the house currently but Brett. She got jealous of Angela because I thought it was because of Tyler. She's really liked Scottie. She did call JC her best friend and they bonded yesterday. And, of course, there's the Fessy flirting. But with Brett, I thought it was always just a friendship, if anything. Ok, back in week 1 when I found myself liking Brett more and I had liked Sam at that point, I joked about how the two might like each other and get together by the end of it. The night they stayed up until 5am talking, it was the first time Sam had stayed up late and I thought they were cute together, even if Brett seemed disinterested; I just thought he was being really nice toward her.

But that was then and this is now. I still cannot believe it, honestly. 

1 hour ago, Ceeg said:

I....I can’t believe Sam is crushing on Brett. That’s legit insane. I wonder if maybe she said Brett but really meant Tyler and didn’t want to put it out there that she likes Tyler. Idek I’m so confused. Sam needs to go. 

I'm going with changed names (Brett for Tyler) until I'm told otherwise. Unless Sam is playing a long con of hard to get, I don't believe she has a crush on Brett. But then again, I have been perplexed with Sam's liking for Scottie earlier on when I never saw them hanging out much, and her freakout about Bayleigh this past week.

I do want to say that I'd rather Angela left this week than Rockstar, so I hope Rockstar or Haleigh win veto and pull her down so Kaycee goes back up. Plus, I'd be entertained to see if Sam goes after Kaycee next since I still believe Sam wants Tyler to herself (she's taking out Tyler's girls one by one). 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, mooses said:

Guys. I just want to say we've been wrong. Sam isn't in love with Tyler. She has a crush on Brett.

Really.

And is scared he's making her look stupid on TV, and she feels vulnerable and that he's making her believe she's "some super special girl that deserves a super special guy." 

Now, Brett can be charming, but I don't think he's doing this on purpose. And Sam kind of knows she's reading into things, but it's making her feel vulnerable and kind of hopeful, which makes her mad and is bringing out her insecurities because "a guy like Brett" could never be into her.

She confessed this to Rockstar, who was pretty cool and handled it well. She kind of told her to keep her guard up because it's a game and she doesn't advise exploring it, but she's a great person and all types of guys will be into her. And she knows she doesn't see that she's wonderful, but everyone else does. (And Sam added: "I'm not bipolar." And Rockstar said: "Not that there'd be anything wrong with that.") 

My favorite part of the conversation was when Sam asked Rockstar's opinion about Brett at first, Rockstar said, "He's growing on me like a fungus."

ETA: Then Rockstar brings the conversation to trash talking Kaycee and Angela. So...she's trying? But it really was overall super sweet and Rockstar ended up being the coolest I've seen her so far.

Holy shit balls ! Who would have thought it was Brett ???  And we like to blame Scottie for everything. This is not what I thought I would wake up to ! Brett !! The object of her obsession??? I am flummoxed. And now I am laughing hysterically.  Can it get any better than this ? Yes it can ! Angela stays thursday night.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, missyb said:

Holy shit balls ! Who would have thought it was Brett ???  And we like to blame Scottie for everything. This is not what I thought I would wake up to ! Brett !! The object of her obsession??? I am flummoxed. And now I am laughing hysterically.  Can it get any better than this ? Yes it can ! Angela stays thursday night.

I just...I feel like I need a clip of this confession so I can laugh my ass off and try to guess if she's serious or not. I am still stunned.

I guess the true blindside this week is this. 

• Love 8

Sam said repeatedly last night that she had no one to talk to. No one. Everyone she said it to said "what ?"  You can talk to me. She said not about game. 

So it makes sense that this is what she has been keeping bottled up. Her crush on Brett. Who was the going to tell  who would not laugh at her ( in her mind). She sees the other girls as close to Brett but not her. 

I also remember part of a conversation yesterday, maybe with RS, when Sam said " Brett, fuck him, I hate him". Kind of startled RS.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

They let Meghan walk last year because she felt she was losing her mind and realized the game wasn't okay for her mental health. Sam is legit having a nervous breakdown. Just let her go.

It makes me wonder just how bad Meghan was. They really try to keep people from DORing

7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Sorry.  Just can't feel sorry for Angela.

This made me lol so hard!

5 hours ago, mooses said:

My favorite part of the conversation was when Sam asked Rockstar's opinion about Brett at first, Rockstar said, "He's growing on me like a fungus."

YES!

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ah, the yearly "America loves us!" stupidity lol. Also, Kaycee honey, America doesn't even know who you are.

I like how she thinks winning a bullshit twist is some big strategic accomplishment.

• Love 3

I read elsewhere that while the Sam/RS conversation was going on, JC and Tyler were talking in the HN room. JC says to Tyler, did you notice that Sam would not let anyone touch Bretts picture ( on the half way cake)? He says, I think Sam has a crush on Brett.

JC has some pretty good insights. He is observing everything ( except L6/4).

• Love 5

The last few days Sam has been aggressive toward Brett and after her confession last night to RS, I can kind of see that she could have a crush. Sometimes we are mean to the ones we like as a defense. I'm just still kind of flummoxed over this revelation. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Wha--.Brett? Really? Brett? I know they've talked a bunch and I know they've hung out a bit, but Sam's NEVER shown signs of a crush with him. She's shown that they're friendly, but I know I talked about this yesterday, whether here or on Reddit, that Sam has shown to like all the other guys in the house currently but Brett. She got jealous of Angela because I thought it was because of Tyler. She's really liked Scottie. She did call JC her best friend and they bonded yesterday. And, of course, there's the Fessy flirting. But with Brett, I thought it was always just a friendship, if anything. Ok, back in week 1 when I found myself liking Brett more and I had liked Sam at that point, I joked about how the two might like each other and get together by the end of it. The night they stayed up until 5am talking, it was the first time Sam had stayed up late and I thought they were cute together, even if Brett seemed disinterested; I just thought he was being really nice toward her.

But that was then and this is now. I still cannot believe it, honestly. 

I have to say: with THIS bit of news straight out of the Space Force, a small part of me has started wondering - hoping, really - that us, the entire House, and the rest of the viewing public have been taken in by a Game fakeout so cosmic in scale as to make Dan Gheesling’s strategems look like a child playing with Tinker Toys.  Has Sam truly been going off the rails?  Or has she been conducting her own disinformation campaign - a long con so successful, pretty much the entire PLANET has been taken in by it?

Yeah, I know.  But if that were the case, wouldn’t it be just fucking GREAT???

• Love 10

Sam is up and whistling.

BB- Stop whistling.

Sam in haughty tone- Well wake someone up who doesn't whistle then. 

We have nasty Sam this morning.  And I can watch the feeds all day today!   I am so happy!  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I have to say: with THIS bit of news straight out of the Space Force, a small part of me has started wondering - hoping, really - that us, the entire House, and the rest of the viewing public have been taken in by a Game fakeout so cosmic in scale as to make Dan Gheesling’s strategems look like a child playing with Tinker Toys.  Has Sam truly been going off the rails?  Or has she been conducting her own disinformation campaign - a long con so successful, pretty much the entire PLANET has been taken in by it?

Yeah, I know.  But if that were the case, wouldn’t it be just fucking GREAT???

Maybe it is Joe Schmo show and we are the schmos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Joe_Schmo_Show

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Why can I not remember Meghan? 

She had blue/gray hair.  She was friends with Alex, but then Alex turned on her.  Josh got up in her face and it triggered Meghan's memory of being attacked in the military.

• Love 2

The fuck did I just wake up? Sam is in love with Brett? I was expecting to open this thread and find out that Sam was, like, hovering over Tyler's bed all menacing like to give him the gift of a windchime that she made out of his nail clippings, pieces of hair from his brush, and animal bones. I didn't expect this. Next someone will tell me the Easter Bunny isn't real to just complete this mind blow. 

Poor Brett. He doesn't deserve this crazy. I mean, no one does but Tyler was doing a decent job of taking care of it for awhile.

But seriously. What the fuck?

9 hours ago, mooses said:

Maybe this will teach her to read the fine print before she signs her life away for 3 months? There's only 19 other seasons to reference.

Sam is very vocal about how she didn't watch a single episode of a single season, no siree. But she references Dani Donato in her pre-show inteview. So either that was written by BB or she's playing a long con. I still want to say long con but I'm not sure anymore. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

Why is it I look at this picture, and all I can hear is Davy Jones in my head singing “Girl”...?

That’s multiple degrees of fucked up right there, that is.

I regret that I have only one Like to give that.

3 hours ago, Ceeg said:

I....I can’t believe Sam is crushing on Brett. That’s legit insane. I wonder if maybe she said Brett but really meant Tyler and didn’t want to put it out there that she likes Tyler. Idek I’m so confused. Sam needs to go. 

Well here's the thing. It seems like Sam has a thing for all the guys period. So it's not really that surprising. It's just Brett's turn at bat so to speak.

And I'll say it. I hope L6 kicks The Hive's ass at this veto comp. L6 has done nothing wrong but play the game better. Kaycee>>>>>>>>>>>Haleigh every day and twice on Sunday for me. Kaycee is adorable and seems like she would be a good friend. Haleigh still has A LOT of growing up to do. Just a GIANT NO on her eyedrops idea.  No. No. No. I'm not sure I totally buy that it was just a really bad attempt at a joke, but even if it was, no. You don't put stuff like that out there.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 15
8 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Well here's the thing. It seems like Sam has a thing for all the guys period. So it's not really that surprising. It's just Brett's turn at bat so to speak.

Exactly. She just wants attention. 

It’s weird that she’s jealous of Angela because I don’t think Tyler has any kind of romantic feelings towards her. He had much better chemistry with Kaitlyn. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, vb68 said:

And I'll say it. I hope L6 kicks The Hive's ass at this veto comp. L6 has done nothing wrong but play the game better. Kaycee>>>>>>>>>>>Haleigh every day and twice on Sunday for me. Kaycee is adorable and seems like she would be a good friend. Haleigh still has A LOT of growing up to do. Just a GIANT NO on her eyedrops idea.  No. No. No. I'm not sure I totally buy that it was just a really bad attempt at a joke, but even if it was, no. You don't put stuff like that out there.

Fairly certain it was a joke. Same as the joke I've been making to the husband all week. Because he's laid out on the couch, recovering from a medical procedure, I told him that this is the only week of his life where he can tell me to get in the kitchen and make him a sandwich and I won't throw anything at his head. But that doesn't stop me from sing-songing back to him "And a little extra rat poison sprinkled on the mustard..." I would never knowingly poison my husband (so if he's suddenly poisoned, RCMP, it wasn't me! Pinky promise!) and he knows that and we both laugh about it but I would never actually do it.

*goes to hide the rat poison in a less conspicuous place*

Although I have to admit that until just now, I never thought about whether the neighbours can hear us through the open windows and what they think of it. Huh. I guess I'll know if the cops are at my door in the next few days. 

Haleigh wasn't serious about the eye drops and even if she was, Big Brother would shut her down immediately. 

And now if you'll excuse me, I think the husband needs another sandwich... 

P.S. It's been pointed out to me that history has shown, whoever wins OTEV doesn't win the game. So as much as it hurts me to say this, go Tyler. Win that OTEV veto.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, zorak said:

It reminds me of a mugshot of someone who has just been arrested for killing someone.

Sam's crazy eyes.png

I see a defiant teen who was caught shoplifting makeup at CVS. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 12
18 minutes ago, Cutty said:

It’s weird that she’s jealous of Angela because I don’t think Tyler has any kind of romantic feelings towards her.

Yeah I think Tyler views her as a vulnerable sister he has to watch over, or more likely the crazy Aunt he's stuck with for the summer.  He loves her in the sense you love family you see every so often but are happy when they leave.

And yeah Aunt fits. It's mindblowing to me that there's only what, 4 years between them?  

14 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Although I have to admit that until just now, I never thought about whether the neighbours can hear us through the open windows and what they think of it. Huh. I guess I'll know if the cops are at my door in the next few days. 

But that's my point. You aren't on TV playing a game with millions (*Cue Shocked Fessy) watching and judging your intent. Huge difference.

But I guess all these people say stupid stuff in frustration, so what do I know. I just thought it was in poor taste.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, vb68 said:

She does that and not only does she deserve to lose veto, she also deserves to leave next.

I would hope she would get a penalty nom, but wouldn't hold my breath.

Penalty nom!! No. That's poisoning. Not deadly more than likely but she doesn't know complete health history. Automatic expulsion from the game!!!

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

. Because he's laid out on the couch, recovering from a medical procedure........ I would never knowingly poison my husband........*goes to hide the rat poison in a less conspicuous place*

And now if you'll excuse me, I think the husband needs another sandwich.

After a week of needy-husband-on-the-couch you may be reconsidering your options. Remember where you hid that stuff.

LOL - just kidding. Hope you both have a speedy recovery.

• Love 2

Okay now Sam has moved to Brett the Preppy.  But Brett's background means Sam will never stand a chance.  He doesn't even see her except as a pal.  And that upscale Angela is who will get him. 

Hmmmm I've seen this plot line before.  Eponine from Les Mis.  If she breaks into "On My Own" we will know for sure.  Well actually she has been making non-musical "on my own" statements all along apparently.  Then I guess the only thing left is that she takes a bullet at the barricade trying to reach Marius, err Brett, and he will only then hold her in his arms and comfort her as they sing a duet together about flowers growing and she dies happy.

Edited by green
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, gunderda said:

I’m pretty sure Haleigh was joking and I don’t even like her but it’s a little weird (possibly alarming) that someone would know the harm eye drops in coffee could cause. 

It's common in Texas for waiter's to visine a rude customers coffee.

It happened to me once. (My obnoxious drunk friend) pissed off a waiter in an upscale restaurant in Houston. 

She did not order a cappuccino like the rest of us.

Man..Oh man...Lets  just say on our way home..One victom said can you exit soon because I gotta go.

We all ??? the car and we took the next exit off the freeway. That was worse vs 10 days of the stomach flu. 

My husband has been "visine'd" twice..."

And no..Not by me ?? ...It was before we met.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

After a week of needy-husband-on-the-couch you may be reconsidering your options. Remember where you hid that stuff.

LOL - just kidding. Hope you both have a speedy recovery.

LOL. He went in for a vasectomy earlier this week. Since he got shish kabob'd in the sack and took one for the team, I figure me being Chief Sandwich Maker and Ice Pack Fetcher is the least I can do. But I have been keeping the poisons nearby because come Day Eight of recovery, he's on his own for sandwiches. 

5 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I’m pretty sure Haleigh was joking and I don’t even like her but it’s a little weird (possibly alarming) that someone would know the harm eye drops in coffee could cause. 

Investigation Discovery. Old CSI episodes. Old Law and Order episodes. It's amazing what television teaches you. Also, every year when NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) comes around, I always say that my search history would make CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service) raise an eyebrow or two and come by for coffee and a chat. 

2 minutes ago, BBFanTX said:

It's common in Texas for waiter's to visine a rude customers coffee.

That's... special. *makes a note to never vacation in Texas*

• Love 12

So Fessy is really the Hive’s only chance. I can’t see RS winning OTEV. 

ETA: Oops I forgot about Haleigh. So close to 50/50. 

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 2

Just remember: no one who has won OTEV has won the game. 

So even if we lose Rockstar this week and Tyler wins Veto, that means he won't win the game. (Also applies for everyone else.)

Didn't Janelle (or someone) donkey kick someone during OTEV once? That could be fun. Can Fessy just stand there and play defense for Haleigh?

1 minute ago, Ceeg said:

OTEV can really go to anyone. It's a real luck competition. We had Michelle win in 18, and Mark win last year. It could be any of them this time, so I don't count Rockstar out. She could get lucky and find the answers faster than anyone else. It's also half mental because you need to know the answers, and Rockstar's great at memory comps.

3 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Haleigh? 

Big Meech and Liz have won OTEV. 

2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Didn't Janelle (or someone) donkey kick someone during OTEV once? That could be fun. Can Fessy just stand there and play defense for Haleigh?

I remember Elissa trucked someone out of the way, maybe McRae.

Edited by Cutty
E not A
10 minutes ago, Cutty said:

I remember Elissa trucked someone out of the way, maybe McRae.

That's what i was trying to remember.

6 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I think Tyler or Fessy will get it.

I think Tyler would know the answers quicker because Fessy is always so comfuzzed. 

5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

LOL Elissa was amazing in OTEV.

Thank you SO SO much for posting this; this was one of my all-time favorite OTEV comps ever - and Elissa shoulder-checking Andy to go headfirst into the log is my all-time favorite single OTEV snip.  If you squint right, you can almost see a Bugs Bunny set of stars circling around Andy’s head....  :D

2 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I think Tyler would know the answers quicker because Fessy is always so comfuzzed. 

In truth I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I wouldn’t write off Fessy so quickly - he’s demonstrated a surprising degree of adeptness at the memory-based stuff.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, Fessy, Tyler, and Kaycee are playing in OTEV. 

Brett's hosting.

Sam, JC, and Scottie are sitting out. Poor Scottie; he would have loved to play.

I said the same thing. Scottie would have loved to play Otev. 

• Love 2

I think it is possible Kaycee and maybe Angela play defense and try to block Fessy and then Haleigh for Tyler. At the very least the three of them will have some type of strategy. Kaycee knows how to block. lol

Edited by vb68
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, NailedIt said:

I said the same thing. Scottie would have loved to play Otev. 

I'm always sad when the super fans in the house don't get to play in iconic competitions like OTEV. 

ETA: I just said "iconic". My Haleigh is showing.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 16