Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, vb68 said:

But can JC figure out how tight L4 is in time for him to make a move? I'm not sure.  Brett was completely laying out JC's game last night. So Brett sees him. It wouldn't shock me if Brett ever gets HOH to try to take out JC instead of the more obvious RS.

I don't think Tyler wants Brett anywhere near the endgame though, and I don't quite understand why as I don't think he is particularly good. His social game is one of the worst in the house. Tyler would absolutely crush him in a jury vote. But that's neither here nor there. I'd be willing to wager that Brett is the next Level 6er that gets let go, but ideally not for a few more weeks.

If Scottie wins HOH I'd be shocked if he didn't take another shot at Brett, regardless how he's behaving right now towards Tyler.  

The more intriguing thing for me is if/when Tyler realizes he can't control JC any longer. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Cutty said:

The more intriguing thing for me is if/when Tyler realizes he can't control JC any longer. 

Totally agree. Tyler seems to be taking a "I'll deal with him when I have to" attitude about JC, and I think that's potentially perilous for Tyler and L4. JC could disrupt a lot of plans.  

1 minute ago, vb68 said:

Totally agree. Tyler seems to be taking a "I'll deal with him when I have to" attitude about JC, and I think that's potentially perilous for Tyler and L4. JC could disrupt a lot of plans.  

It could. JC has also yet to win a single competition so idk if he’ll ever be in the position to disrupt plans. 

8 minutes ago, Christi said:

Since Brett's is only 24 hrs Im praying that its an actual person he is attached to!! (Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I pray about lolol)

If it was a grandpa instead of a grandma, it could've been Jerry!

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Which is why it is so silly to act like Tyler is just running away with this thing. There are plenty of pitfalls for him out there.

• Love 2

Ah, remember last year when people were like 'they're just waiting until jury to get Paul?' Memories!

Why does Kaycee have to carry dumbbells around with her punishment? What exactly does her punishment entail?

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, Christi said:

Since Brett's is only 24 hrs Im praying that its an actual person he is attached to!! (Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I pray about lolol)

Since RS has her own punishment, we know it’s not her.  But could you imagine if she did have to be attached to him?

I don’t know who would go crazy first - RS or Bayleigh!

• Love 2

Sam is talking to Brett.  Sam feels like she's more sensitive to what men go through because of her brother, blah, blah, blah.

Sam says she had no idea that Bayleigh came from a well off family until she saw Bayleigh's HOH pictures.  Brett said he knew just from some of the things Bayleigh had said when talking.

• Love 2

Sam on a gender rant again. She's so awful lol.

I did like when she tried to whine about not being included in the girls alliance and Brett told her she wasn't not included. Shut her down right quick lol.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ah, remember last year when people were like 'they're just waiting until jury to get Paul?' Memories!

Yeah but he still didn’t win :D

• Love 5
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Sam on a gender rant again. She's so awful lol.

I did like when she tried to whine about not being included in the girls alliance and Brett told her she wasn't not included. Shut her down right quick lol.

Yeah, I don't understand why she keeps getting all whiny about not being included in the all girls alliance when she pretty much rejected the idea any time any of the girls ever brought it up to her.  She made it very clear she wasn't on board with it so why be shocked that they wouldn't try to include her?  And then in that conversation with Brett, she also said anytime anyone asks her if she wants to be a part of some group, she more or less sidesteps the subject completely, so again, what exactly is she complaining about?

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Yeah but he still didn’t win :D

We had to suffer through him all season long though!

And I I just know I'm gonna suffer through Tyler all season too, with the added suffering of him winning. At least I'm prepared.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lamima said:

And she half-assed it with the hacker power. 

Yes, she should have  picked Scottie to play veto.  As a gamer/player that would have been the better move. KC was okay, she hasn't come close to winning anything but picking Scottie would have added to confusion. I do give her credit for using it to throw Tyler up. Everyone thought he was too comfortable.

1 hour ago, vb68 said:

I think Tyler is planning on letting Angela and KC take care of JC. Then he still secures the jury vote.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 1

Apparently, KC had told the Hive that if she won veto she’d def keep noms the same. So that could be why Haleigh chose her. Scottie said he would take Tyler off. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why does Kaycee have to carry dumbbells around with her punishment? What exactly does her punishment entail?

She is an "Health Nut". So beside the costume, she has to carry the weights around as well.   And do the jingle when ordered to.

And, shes "NUTS" about working out.

I think Jesse's participation in this is great.

13 minutes ago, zorak said:

Yeah, I don't understand why she keeps getting all whiny about not being included in the all girls alliance when she pretty much rejected the idea any time any of the girls ever brought it up to her.  She made it very clear she wasn't on board with it so why be shocked that they wouldn't try to include her?  And then in that conversation with Brett, she also said anytime anyone asks her if she wants to be a part of some group, she more or less sidesteps the subject completely, so again, what exactly is she complaining about?

Not to mention, she always says, "i don't want to know". So last night, Angela was telling her thats all I can tell you now, but you are okay , always. 

Edited by missyb
  • Love 2

I think Tyler is an amazing game player.  He has all of the characteristics of a great leader (and yes, that includes his ability to empathize and reflect back what people are giving him) in the male package that is preferred by most people. 

The game strategy Tyler is playing is nothing new.   The 4 horsemen played it, Derrick played it,  Paul played it his second time through.   Once it's established,  it's nearly an impossible strategy to counteract within the game because the leader holds everyone's secrets and confidences and can use them at will.   When Tyler makes an alliance with Bay,  she thinks it's real so she openly discusses her strategy and targets with him.   He then uses this information against her, telling Angela that Angela is Bay's alternate target,  undermining Bay and solidifying his deal with Angela. He can only do this effectively because he has convinced the others to cover his tracks. 

The key to this strategy is getting out any other possible wannabe leaders.  Luckily,  BB producers don't usually cast many effective leaders, it's usually people who think they are better at it than they really are.  The big mistake that Paul made last year was not recognizing that leaving his weak followers alone with Cody in the jury house would screw him over because they followed him to vote against Paul.  Cody isn't a good leader (he can't see anyone else's point of view) but he has a strong leader- like personality that will do as a substitute for those needing to be led. 

Tyler is not going to have that problem this year.   There is not another person capable of pulling together a revolt either in the house or in the jury house.   One side failed because they all wanted to be leader but couldn't do it effectively, leaving Tyler to guide a team who had expressed that just the act of nominating Tyler is offensive. 

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

His personality is just so dull to me. He's just another BB12 Hayden.

I hear you. I think I’ve just been relieved after last season had so many reprehensible people in it.

• Love 7

While several houseguests are hanging out in the kitchen talking or hanging out in the yard, here's Angela laying in the HOH bed, staring listlessly.  I guess being a bitch takes a lot out of you.

Angela bland.png

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

ETA:  Hypocrite! Bay sitting there with Hay, bad mouthing other players while while she's reading the Bible.

That's what Bayleigh does during every group (meaning Haleigh and Rockstar) Bible meeting! She either throws shade with carefully chosen verses to read out loud or she breaks off the reading for some fast and furious game talk and snorting near her microphone before continuing on. Bayleigh's been doing this for weeks. 

12 hours ago, Wings said:

Less than 1/2 of 1 % of bats carry rabies.  When we lived rurally we had bat houses to encourage their presence.  They eat mosquitoes among other pesky bugs.  They are precious, misunderstood animals.  I Love them!  

Yeah but aside from the creepiness factor (to me!), I have this bugaboo about wild animals and letting them live their lives the way they should and I get irrationally angry when I hear about dumbasses feeding wild animals or worse capturing them, even for a short amount of time, just because you were curious. That's a living breathing wild animal. It doesn't need human interference. It doesn't need to be fed or petted or examined by anyone but a trained professional in cases of injury. We've already done a number taking away a lot of land from those animals and then we complain when they come back into that space. 

So yeah, I don't care what animal it was (although like I said, bats creep me out) or what she was doing. That is a shitty thing for Sam to do. You just don't fuck around with wild animals, no matter what your intent was. 

And just in general, please don't be that person who feeds the bears or pea fowl or whatever runs wild in your area. They were here first and they will survive if we stop interfering with their natural instincts. (Seriously, we've had this huge dust up about someone feeding wild pea fowl in our city and now it's a Thing. And if I have to see one more story on the news about someone not being Bear Aware, I'm gonna have to go to the dentist for all the teeth grinding I'll do.)

• Love 9

Also, Angela's telling Kaycee, Tyler, and Scottie about the all girls alliance. Or, maybe just the Tyler/Scottie noms told by the girls.

Rockstar just walked in so they had to stop conversation. Kaycee also had to perform her little jingle.

Edited by Lady Calypso

Haleigh and Bay whispering about who Angela will put up. “I know it’s not us, I just don’t know about Fessy.” 

This blindside is gonna be beautiful. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Ceeg said:

Haleigh and Bay whispering about who Angela will put up. “I know it’s not us, I just don’t know about Fessy.” 

This blindside is gonna be beautiful. 

I wish Button Boy would "accidentally" click the button to turn off fish/old episodes just in time for Angela to make her renom speech.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I wish Button Boy would "accidentally" click the button to turn off fish/old episodes just in time for Angela to make her renom speech.

I wish Rachel hadn't been evicted so that she could have done her post-mortem impressions. 

• Love 7

Bayleigh also said she’s isolating herself right now because she wants to pop off on so many people (she explicitly named Scottie and Sam, but I think she was talking about literally everyone but Haleigh and Fessy), but she knows she can’t because people hold grudges. God I hope she pops off on Angela tomorrow because I don’t think Angela gives a shit. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Bayleigh also said she’s isolating herself right now because she wants to pop off on so many people (she explicitly named Scottie and Sam, but I think she was talking about literally everyone but Haleigh and Fessy), but she knows she can’t because people hold grudges. God I hope she pops off on Angela tomorrow because I don’t think Angela gives a shit. 

Bayleigh is either going to pop off spectacularly or she's going to go back to her corner bed with her Bible and isolate herself like she did when Swaggy was on the block. Or both. Possibly sniping at people in between Bible verses. 

I already didn't get what I wanted this week so can I have this, BB? Please?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Yeah but aside from the creepiness factor (to me!), I have this bugaboo about wild animals and letting them live their lives the way they should and I get irrationally angry when I hear about dumbasses feeding wild animals or worse capturing them, even for a short amount of time, just because you were curious.

Ohhhh, yes.  I agree absolutely.

Angela better come through with her bitch ass on this renom speech and Bay better pop off. I swear if the feeds come back after the veto ceremony to no one doing a thing I'm gonna be livid. I want a fight already!

But my mind knows nothing will happen lol. More than likely Angela will just spew some bullshit about this being a last minute thing and Bay will just sit in her bed the rest of the day. Riveting!

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Angela better come through with her bitch ass on this renom speech and Bay better pop off. I swear if the feeds come back after the veto ceremony to no one doing a thing I'm gonna be livid. I want a fight already!

But my mind knows nothing will happen lol. More than likely Angela will just spew some bullshit about this being a last minute thing and Bay will just sit in her bed the rest of the day. Riveting!

I think this could happen. 

Who knew that the biggest fight might remain Brett vs Rockstar??

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Sandycat said:

I really love Rockstar’s attutde with her punishment. She is embracing it, as is Kaycee with hers. 

Remember when Paulie had to make pies by putting canned filling into premade crusts and he literally had a mental breakdown over it. LOL!

We'll see how they feel after a couple days though. That would get so tedious. A week is too long for RS' punishment. Although by like the 3rd day at most they'll probably ease up on them.

5 minutes ago, zorak said:

Anybody know what Rockstar is cooking up?

Joker's said it's a meatless meatball.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

His personality is just so dull to me. He's just another BB12 Hayden.

And that is the personality most likely to win BB... and pretty much any game of life. 

The biggest advantage these guys have is that people of both genders instinctively want to play with them. When this guy picks you to be his secret partner,  you feel better about yourself.   And,  of course,  you are the one who is the REAL partner, he's just fooling  the others. 

Females have a much harder time running this type of game,  partly because men are adverse to even the idea of a woman controlling them through partnership but also because it's harder for women to portray a benign good and still be seen as a leader. Couple that with the fact that females who have strong leadership qualities are usually not a part of the big brother experience (whether that's their choice or production's is debatable) and you see why it's so hard to win this game with a Hayden, a Derrick, or a Tyler in the house. 

Everyone likes to throw up Jeff's eviction as an example of how the game suddenly turned but Jeff didn't ever have this kind of tentacle hold on a house.   The times we've seen it,  it's been unstoppable.   Even Andy partially deployed this method in season 15, which allowed him to flip alliances. It's notable, though, that Andy is considered a "rat" for this type of game play where others are not labeled as such.  

Anyway, since I am one of the few who doesn't live in anticipation of the same people being fooled over and over again,  I am glad I'll be on vacation starting Friday. It's been a long time since a season where I resented my annual road trip interrupting my BB feed viewing and while this one was intriguing initially,  I am looking forward to not worrying about what I'm missing. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Sketcher said:

Anyway, since I am one of the few who doesn't live in anticipation of the same people being fooled over and over again ...

I was just thinking about this. Blindsides really aren't that fun or interesting when it's just the same 4/5 people getting blindsided every week. It's actually really tedious after awhile. If we must continue with this Tyler/L4 and co steamroll, then I'd at least rather see the 3 remaining others wise up to it already. That would be more interesting, even with them having no power to stop it. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Joker's said it's a meatless meatball.

I'm sure that will taste delightful because 1) it's a meatless meatball and 2) she said she screwed up the recipe.  She said it was supposed to be 1 can of beans and 1 cup of walnuts and she said she did 2 cans of beans and 2 bags of walnuts.

• Love 1

Yeah I need to take back my criticism of Sam micromanaging the cooking portion of Rockstar's punishment. Rockstar was flummoxed by having to grate a carrot. So... sorry, Sam. That one was all me. But you still suck.

• Love 7

Once Bayleigh’s blindside is over, I’ll be ready for L4+JC+Scottie to turn on each other. I’m just really relishing this week’s blindside in particular bc Bayleigh was such a raging bitch last week, it’ll be nice to see the repercussions of that. Also I think Angela will come through on the speech. She didn’t pull any punches with rachel’s GBM, and that was her best friend in the house. 

Somehow Rockstar has put herself in a decent position going forward. I think next week, she’d only go up if Sam or JC wins. Haleigh and Fessy will go up as a duo if L4 wins. L4 will go up if Haleigh/Fessy wins. And I think that will hold for the next few weeks. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Also I think Angela will come through on the speech. She didn’t pull any punches with rachel’s GBM, and that was her best friend in the house. 

She didn't say it to her face though. She's probably more of a coward who likes to talk shit behind backs but won't dare say it upfront. I hope not though!

5 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Once Bayleigh’s blindside is over, I’ll be ready for L4+JC+Scottie to turn on each other.

That's why I need RS/Hay/Fessy to somehow pull out an HOH win this Thursday because that's the only way that happens.

• Love 2