Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I really hope the cast enthusiasm indicates improvements on the screen. I would be thrilled if Eric Wallace is able to give the show a shot of energy and improve the storytelling. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

I just saw this interview with Eric Wallace. I don't think that it was posted here. He comes off as a genuinely caring guy who is passionate about the show and creating a safe environment for the cast. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Here is a youtube video of the Flash SDCC panel.  Not official or professional.  This comes from a Caity Lotz fan who attended all the Arrowverse panels.  Glad to see the panel, just kinda wish I could see their faces better.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Here is a youtube video of the Flash SDCC panel.  Not official or professional.  This comes from a Caity Lotz fan who attended all the Arrowverse panels.  Glad to see the panel, just kinda wish I could see their faces better.

These seem to be from a better angle. I haven’t watched them all the way through, so I don’t know about the sound quality.

• Love 1

Quote from Candice here: '10 Things We Learned at TV Guide Magazine's Fan Favorites Comic-Con Panel 2019'

Candice Patton was brought to tears talking about her love of her fandom and how they've embraced her as Iris West Allen. "I don't know, man. It's crazy. It's so important. I know how important it was to me as a young girl. And to be in a position where I even have a small part in opening that door. It's huge," she said.

"I always wanted to be the ingenue. I always saw people who looked like me being the best friend, the sidekick. I know how important it is for women of color to see themselves as beautiful and desirable. It means a lot to me. It's why I fight so hard for my position and try to speak out about diversity and inclusion. I'm never going to stop fighting that fight. So to have any kind of impact in this industry and for young girls who look me, I can take all the hate that I've got. I can live with that."

• Love 5
(edited)

Cast interview from the Warner Channel Brasil (in English):

Also The Flash cast is one of the casts answering questions in this video:

Edited by Trini

This article has quotes from Candice and Eric Wallace from the Comic Con press interviews; *spoiler-y* teases for Season 6: 'How More Authentic Stories Could Be On The Way For Iris West In 'The Flash' Season 6'

With Iris’s agency finally coming from and center, will we finally see some women of color, particularly Black women, write for the show, to help continue to foster culturally nuanced and even more authentic stories for our fierce lead?

Eric Wallace insists that we will: “The search is on. When I took over, I wanted to make sure that diversity, women, and people of color were seen and heard throughout all areas of production, particularly, in the writer’s room. There weren’t slots available but I have now been told that I can add to and it’s definitely a priority. So, hopefully, I will have something positive on that in the next six months or sooner,” he assured.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

Interview with Victoria Park (Kamilla):

On The Flash, Park plays Kamilla Hwang, an aspiring photographer and the girlfriend of Cisco Ramon, one of the show’s leads. She joined the popular superhero show not until its fifth season, and she remembers how anxious she felt the first time on set.

“Everyone on the show has been so amazing,” she said. “I get really nervous coming on to a set for the first time. Especially for a show that has been going on for so many years. I came in on the fifth season [and got] the first day of school vibes. Who am I going to sit with at lunch? Is everybody going to be nice to me? Everyone was so sweet.”

Naturally she shares many scenes with her on-screen partner, Cisco, played by Carlos Valdes, but if she had to choose her favourite it would have to be the scene where they go on their first date, well, hundreds of times, because it’s a comic book show and of course time travel is involved.

“Kamilla and Cisco go on their first date but because they keep going back in time to save something that happens, they go on a first date hundreds of times and each time Cisco comes in as a different version of himself,” she said. “That was a really fun scene to shoot because I stayed in the same place all day but Carlos kept coming out in these ridiculous characters and outfits.”

Park also had an answer to the question devoted followers of the show kept telling us to ask: Will Kamilla and Iris become friends?

“I love this question,” said Park. “I heard that she was talking about it at Comic-Con, but yes, we are friends. In season six, Iris expands her newspaper and one of the people who works for her is me. We definitely continue our working relationship, and I’d venture to say our friendship as well.”

John Wesley Shipp talks about filming The Flash, Elseworlds, the 1990 The Flash show, and other projects at last week's TerrifiCon in Connecticut.:

He doesn't give any details but mentions that he will be making an appearance in Season 6 (around 35:00).

Edited by Trini
3 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:
Deleted Scene #2

I can see why they cut this; but it rare-ish on the show to have a scene with just two women, and especially two Black women, so I'm glad it's on the DVDs.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Trini said:

I can see why they cut this; but it rare-ish on the show to have a scene with just two women, and especially two Black women, so I'm glad it's on the DVDs.

I'm kinda the opposite. I don't get why it was deleted. In the episode, Iris told Barry that she had a lead on their investigation. We really didn't learn what her lead was. We don't see Iris again until she finds out Barry was kidnapped by Merkel. 

Also, someone on Twitter pointed how this scene provides more context into why Merkel kidnapped Barry.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

'm kinda the opposite. I don't get why it was deleted. In the episode, Iris told Barry that she had a lead on their investigation. We really didn't learn what her lead was. We don't see Iris again until she finds out Barry was kidnapped by Merkel. 

Also, someone on Twitter pointed how this scene provides more context into why Merkel kidnapped Barry.

Agreed.  Also it is a classic show vs. tell.  This scene is showing us that Iris is actively investigating rather than her later having to tell us.  In storytelling, show (whenever possible) is always better than tell.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Trini said:

Unbelievable. I actually complained about them not having a scene with Barry and Iris alone in the hallway comforting each other when Nora was hurt and it turned out that they filmed one and deleted it for no good reason. Helbing...

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Unbelievable. I actually complained about them not having a scene with Barry and Iris alone in the hallway comforting each other when Nora was hurt and it turned out that they filmed one and deleted it for no good reason. Helbing...

Every year, the actors get blamed for the lack of intimacy (or whatever) and six months later the gag reel and deleted scenes (Comic Con...) come out showing it's not their fault. I hope we can skip that next season.

• Love 4

I was about to ask why they cut that but then I remembered that Barry and Iris were not allowed to have alone scenes or kiss during the Nora arc. It's par for the course for season 5. Words can't express how happy I am that Helbing is gone.

8 hours ago, Trini said:

Every year, the actors get blamed for the lack of intimacy (or whatever) and six months later the gag reel and deleted scenes (Comic Con...) come out showing it's not their fault. I hope we can skip that next season.

If only.

• Love 5

The Season 5 gag reel is out on social media; Grant is a giant dork as usual, and it was funny how he and Candice were like Jessica's parents as well!

---

Yeah the running stuff isn't easy; I'm glad they got a dancer to play a speedster!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

An audio drama based on the show is coming to Serial box in November:

Serial Box, the same company behind the “Orphan Black” sequel audio series, is partnering with Warner Bros. Consumer Products to develop new series based on “Arrow” and fellow “Arrowverse” shows “The Flash” and “Supergirl.” “The Flash” will be the first of the three to launch this fall.

Serial Box is working closely with Berlanti Productions to develop new storylines for the characters. Judging by the logline for “The Flash,” these series will exist outside of the main “Arrowverse” canon.

Husband and wife writing team and New York Times bestselling author Gwenda Bond and Christopher Rowe will create and write the new storyline for “The Flash.” Serial Box’s president and co-founder Julian Yap and head of content Hayley Wagreich will produce.

“We are thrilled to have the opportunity to super-serve fans of these incredibly popular series with new stories,” said Serial Box co-founder and CEO Molly Barton. “We look forward to working closely with the Berlanti team to ensure that their creations make a seamless transition to our audio and reading formats.”

https://www.serialbox.com/serials/the-flash

• Love 1

Answering here since the general show discussion thread has disappeared;

On 8/28/2019 at 6:28 PM, BeautifulFlower said:

Why was this scene deleted from the crossover episode? IT perfectly explains why Cisco said Iris knew something was off in part 2.

Now Sherloque is new so I can get his behavior. However, not Cisco and Caitlin. They've known him for about 4 years now. They should've been in the same mindset as Iris.

There seems to have been a lot of scenes cut that would have fleshed out the relationships better in Season 5. (I've seen a few of them that have been posted on social media.) The same things that many complained should have been in the season were written and shot, but didn't make it into the episodes.

I honestly need to want to know the names and titles of everyone who made final edit decisions, because there were more than a few bad ones made, just from the cut scenes we know about.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 5

*Spoilers* - for a character's look, but not really for a specific plot point: 'The Flash Boss Teases a 'Fun' Reason for Iris' Naturally Curly Change-Up'

It's in reference to this photo/post shared by Candice on her Twitter account.

ETA: It's disappointing that curly hair is 'news' since she wasn't allowed to have that in the previous 5 seasons, but I'll take the coverage; and use this as an example of microaggressions.

Edited by Trini
commentary!
  • Love 4