Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, adora721 said:

By accident, I saw a screen shot of the "Composure Magazine" cover DP did back in 2015 (?) online yesterday. I'd heard about it, but never seen it. I found the link to the article.

The cover calls DP, "The leading lady of the  CW's Flash"; I find it hard to believe TPTB were OK with that. Later in the article, it doubles down on that in the excerpt below:

"Last year saw much discussion about roles for women in the entertainment industry, and there has never been a better time to champion feminine power on screen. “The Flash” has embraced this from the beginning, as its hero owes much of his crime-fighting success to his leading lady. “I’m so proud to play such an intelligent woman on television,” Panabaker gushes about her character’s credentials as an accomplished bioengineer."

Was there any fan  backlash on this when the article claimed that Barry owed "much of his  crime-fighting success to his leading lady", Caitlin? I know people went insane when Iris declared "We are the Flash".   

DPLeadingLadyComposure.PNG

What a snake.

8 hours ago, phoenics said:

Fans even wrote the magazine to explain to them that their cover was wrong.  They never corrected it.  I hope it's folded since then.  Jerks.  Damn - I'm STILL mad.  And honestly this was when DP became essentially dead to me and I lost ALL respect for her.  Everything people have said about her plotting with AJK and conspiring against CP became so much more probable after this.  And this is after she spent time pre-pilot and during S1/2 doing EVERYTHING she could to erase CP ("I love being the only woman at Star Labs!" when asked about Iris eventually being there more, and pimping SnowBarry right in front of Candice and Carlos in an interview - you should have seen their side eye at her, to countless other micro-aggressions and foolishness over the years).

No wonder there seems to be no love lost between them after what DP did.  No wonder EBR and CL DROPPED DP from their social media.  You KNOW some shit went down and they've chosen to back CP because they KNOW DP is shady AF.

Well, those 2 were promoting Caitlin Snow over Iris West in some interviews so I won't go that far. As nice as it would be to think they saw an injustice and chose the right side, it's more likely that they had their own personal falling outs with DP.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Katsullivan said:

What a snake.

Well, those 2 were promoting Caitlin Snow over Iris West in some interviews so I won't go that far. As nice as it would be to think they saw an injustice and chose the right side, it's more likely that they had their own personal falling outs with DP.

Those interviews were way back.  Recently they dropped DP on social.  Maybe it was a personal falling out but CL is super tight with CP (they founded Shethority together) - I wouldn't be surprised if it was related.

• Love 1

Interesting story that's connected to Tom Cavanagh: Apparently he and his family lent their New York apartment to a woman who was stuck in NYC after delivering her baby prematurely:

Upper West Side mom Maureen Cavanagh showed The Post article to her husband, “The Flash’’ TV actor Tom Cavanagh, and said “We need to help this girl.”

The actor’s family was going to be in Vancouver during September as Cavanagh filmed his show, so they gave Holbert their apartment for the month.

“It made me happy to be able to help her in this small way, just to give her a place to stay,” Maureen Cavanagh said.

The family even extended their time away so Holbert could continue to occupy the apartment before returning home this week.

• Love 1

I bought the article because I was told that DP gives total credit for Shethority to Caitly Lotz alone.   I even found the interview with Candice and Caity that tells the story of how they both came up with the Shethority idea. And indeed, in the article, DP doesn't mention Candice's contribution at all (see screen shot):

image.png.52670e73ed921ceee7535cbe95395368.png

She also states that they offered her the director job instead of her asking for it; in other interviews, she said she asked for the directing job (see screen shot):

image.png.7d7efff2710f04191021067f0a50b54d.png

Also, the pointed comment that Grant and Carlos will really show up for her. As opposed to the others? The tension is very striking. 

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 4

?  Did she mention everyone but Candice?

---

Anyway, are there any new quotes about the new season or the KF arc? (Or DM me the article. I'd like to read the whole thing for myself.)

• Love 4
4 hours ago, adora721 said:

I bought the article because I was told that DP gives total credit for Shethority to Caitly Lotz alone.   I even found the interview with Candice and Caity that tells the story of how they both came up with the Shethority idea. And indeed, in the article, DP doesn't mention Candice's contribution at all (see screen shot):

image.png.52670e73ed921ceee7535cbe95395368.png

She also states that they offered her the director job instead of her asking for it; in other interviews, she said she asked for the directing job (see screen shot):

image.png.7d7efff2710f04191021067f0a50b54d.png

Reading the actual article vs. reading comments about said article doesnt seem as bad. Saying that Caity was the one who approached them isn't bad especially if it is true (which it probably is since Caity is close with just about everyone in the Arrowverse)

As far as the directing thing, she could've asked to direct an episode and they offered her an episode. 

• Love 2

Presenting an idea and being given credit for the realization of an idea are two very different things. For example, let's say you came up with an idea and then worked on it before telling your boss about it. Your boss presents the idea to your company. However, you were the one to work to make that idea come to fruition. Would you be happy for your boss to take the credit just because he or she presented the idea?

The facts are that both Caity and Candice made Shethority happen; it was their collective brain child. Even if Caity did the talking to DP and others, it doesn't mean Caity gets the sole credit for bringing Shethority to fruition. 

Here's a great example of shared credit

"Wilbur and Orville always took shared credit for their innovations, and maintained a close relationship throughout their lives. Behind the scenes, however, there was a division of labor. With his sharp instincts, Wilbur was the business mind and executive of the operation, serving as president of the Wright company."

Edited by adora721
  • Love 2

She never said "Caity started Sheority" she said "She was the one who presented this idea to us" which to me is a very big difference. Caity was the one who talked to the girls about what her and Candice's idea. Caitys presentation was crucial in getting everyone together.  But if what I suspect is true and Caity is the one who brought it up to everyone, Danielle told no lies and imo didnt do anything wrong by not saying anything about Candice. 

There is a big difference between the two people who came up with the idea and one person trying to take sole credit for said idea vs. someone from the outside saying that someones presentation helped sell them on said idea. 

Even with the shared credit example, that is looking at the entire picture, but if you go deeper you would probably have people who would say "Wilbur was the one who sold me on this idea"  Why? because Wilbur was the one they interacted with while Orville was even more bts. Its like being the face of a franchise. 

• Love 1

I think it's Dp's choice of words. Before you read her quote, the interviewer talks about shethority as a whole. DP response started off with " I have to give sole credit to Caity." Then, her last response, "I don't think we'd be here, if not for her." Again this whole response was about shethority as a whole. In a way, this does sound like DP discrediting Candice. Especially the last part

"I don't think we'd be here, if not for her." - That does sound like she's giving sole credit to Caity

• Love 5

DP stated, "I don't think we'd be here if not for her." Meaning without Caity, Shethority wouldn't be here. That is giving Caity sole credit for Shethority.  It doesn't matter if Caity was the face of the original presentation, the fact remains that Caity didn't do this alone. By excluding Candice, DP is leading people to believe that Candice had no part in bringing Shethority to fruition, which is in fact a lie. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Trini said:

?  Did she mention everyone but Candice?

---

Anyway, are there any new quotes about the new season or the KF arc? (Or DM me the article. I'd like to read the whole thing for myself.)

DP didn't mention Candice, but also left out Jesse L Martin and Jessica Parker Kennedy. No new tidbits about KF or her arc that we don't already know. The article is behind a pay wall. I bought it for $4.50. 

It was also interesting how she left out how AJK had gotten her the job; she credits Greg Berlanti as being the major draw for her to play the part.

image.png.d7e70cce95db4ff49a0f06e2b1a71a99.png

Edited by adora721
  • Love 2

Jessica Parker Kennedy interview with Access (video).(Filmed the same day as her interview with ET/Leanne Aguilera) She talks a little about suiting up, and Grant helping her with moving like a speedster. What's new is that there are new clips from the season premiere interspersed throughout the video.

Youtube:

• Love 1

Yay! New trailer! This one looks like it has scenes from at least the first 3 episodes:

Don't hurt Cisco! Or Joe!! Barry FINALLY reads that future newspaper! Nora!

• Love 2

Barry FINALLY reads that future newspaper!

I always thought it was odd how stressed they were about the byline and the date of the paper but never paid much attention to the giant headline.  Your best friend/husband/etc. is supposed to vanish in a great crisis and that's something you just ignore?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

I always thought it was odd how stressed they were about the byline and the date of the paper but never paid much attention to the giant headline.  Your best friend/husband/etc. is supposed to vanish in a great crisis and that's something you just ignore?

Am I missing something but hasn't it always been clear that the "Crisis" was The Flash chasing Thrawn into the past to the night of Nora's death?

And that no one has ever tried to do anything about it because this event, this "Crisis" is a fixed point in the future, and in fact, if The Flash doesn't go back in time to stop Thrawn, then Thrawn sill succeed in killing baby!Barry and the timeline they all exist in will disintegrate?

That's hardly a guarantee after everything that's happened, and it doesn't explain why Barry didn't just travel forward to 5 seconds after he left instead of going MIA long enough to warrant a huge newspaper headline.  Barry seems to be pretty accurate with his time traveling.  Or maybe Iris was ordered by her publisher to try to drum up sales with a giant, eye catching headline?

3 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

it doesn't explain why Barry didn't just travel forward to 5 seconds after he left instead of going MIA long enough to warrant a huge newspaper headline. 

The time travel rules in this world aren't consistent but it seems (again obvious to me) that the Original!Barry couldn't travel back to his timeline because his timeline didn't exist anymore. The "Crisis" is essentially the first Flashpoint. The one that created the timeline that we all know of.

• Love 1

New interview with EP Todd Helbing previewing Season 5: 'The Flash' Season 5 Takes on a New Structure

A few quotes I want to comment on:

"One of the pitfalls that we ran into is that it's hard in 23 episodes to have one storyline play out so this year, while there is certainly a spine, we have two or three major stories that go on in different increments – like a first act, second act, third act,"

This sounds promising, but I'm still going to wait and see.

[Re: the theme of legacy:] For Barry, it's what's more important, being the Flash or a good father? With Iris it's what do I really want to do, be the team leader in STAR Labs or get back to my roots and be a journalist?

The answer is both. They can do BOTH, Todd!

There are a lot of things going on with [Nora] – her relationship with Iris is not as great as her relationship with Barry, it's a little more contentious. We dive into that. And then her relationship with her father and the Flash and why it's so easy for them to get along and it's not just because they're both speedsters. And her story is also tied in to Cicada and there is a specific reason why she came back at the time that she did. She has three big stories going on."

"The way that Nora factors into it and where it goes is going to be really interesting and we can't wait until you get right in the [episode] 7, 8, 9 part of the season."

I'm glad that Nora will be a big part of the season; but I've burned by your promises before, Todd. (I'm assuming that he means episode 10, and not 9, because that's the crossover episode.)

[Re: 100th episode:] "We wanted to do something special," he says. "The writers and I had conversations with Greg [Berlanti] and we wanted to take the audience on a trip to remind everybody of all the cool stuff we've done for five years now. We wanted to relive the coolest moments on our show so we came up this conceit and it both honors what we've done so far and also propels the show for the rest of the season. And Tom Cavanagh directed it so that felt appropriate since he's been such a big part of this show and played a zillion characters."

Oooh I smell Speed Force shenanigans!

• Love 2

Jessica Parker Kennedy (Nora) is scheduled as a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly late night Monday/early Tues. this week. Check your listings; but the episode will be up on NBC.com the next day.

More of the Access Hollywood interview with Jessica PK -- She's doing her best not to give away anything major; but there are a few new tidbits of info, and a couple more clips(no audio) from the premiere:

• Love 2