Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, ursula said:

The closest thing we've got to any of the cast/crew acknowledging Iris's social media attacks was when Grant went on record to defend DP from Iris fans "attacking" her for her liking racist tweets attacking Iris/CP. When the fans pointed out the ridiculous double standard of him defending DP from being called out on her bad behaviour --- while saying nothing about the actual racist hate that CP was getting (wow, why does that feel or sound so familiar...), Grant's reaction was to go off twitter. 

Does that count?  

On 7/20/2018 at 1:57 AM, Trini said:

I've been able to identify - Todd Helbing Eric Wallace, Sterling Gates, Thomas Pound, Judalina Niera, Lauren Certo, Kirsten Kim, Jeff Hersh,  Joshua Gilbert,  Jonathan Butler, and Gabriel Garza. (Plus 3 I'm not sure about) -- Essentially the same writers as last season. Sam Chalsen might still be with the show, but he's not in this photo.

(There seemed to be quite the exodus after seasons 2 and 3. It's interesting that this group has stayed - for now.)

Yes, I agree. There was stability this year, which is a good thing. Sam is still with the show, per his Twitter. I’m also hoping that have hired a black female writer who wasn’t available for the picture. Having 2 black women, 1 biracial woman, and white woman  as regulars means (to me at least, and I hope anyone who is thinking about it) realize that a black woman should be on the writing staff. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Kate45 said:

Instead, some of them used Candice being the target of racist hate as a way to build their own fan base, since they were a member of the “acceptable” group. Calling out the racism and defending Candice would hurt the building of said fan base. So, they stayed silent and let her get the brunt of the nastiness. 

Not saying something is one thing - actively liking some of that hate content is another. 

Considering how much of a fanbase DP had before she started the show, I think it's less about building her fanbase and more about her agreeing with those comments. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Katsullivan said:

The closest thing we've got to any of the cast/crew acknowledging Iris's social media attacks was when Grant went on record to defend DP from Iris fans "attacking" her for her liking racist tweets attacking Iris/CP.

When did this happen? DP liked a tweet shading WA after the Pilot and another one about OTF before s2. I haven't heard anything about her liking racist anti-Iris/CP tweets and I certainly haven't heard anything about Grant going on record to defend her from Iris fans attacking her for it. And I'm someone who's been in the fandom since s1.

I actually remember Grant retweeting an anti-SB tweet and berating SB fans who were hating on Iris and Ronnie. He did get mad at trivial stuff and had his Twitter meltdowns when Iris fans pointed out he never called out the racism Candice gets but that's different than defending DP from Iris fans who were attacking her for her racist anti-Iris likes. 

Edited by Starry
missing word
(edited)
1 hour ago, Katsullivan said:

Not saying something is one thing - actively liking some of that hate content is another. 

Considering how much of a fanbase DP had before she started the show, I think it's less about building her fanbase and more about her agreeing with those comments. 

Not saying that's what she was doing since I wasn't a witness to these incidents but it could be both. It could have been agreeing with those comments and building up more of a fan base, no public figure can have too big of a fanbase.

The fact that most fans can't come up with one crew/cast member strongly defending Candice, is notable, cause of how strongly and quickly I have seen other cast members defend their co-star. 

Edited by SevenStars

Video of the Kevin Smith panel at Comic-Con - with Tom C., Grant, and Carlos:

So this is 98% Kevin Smith. Tom and Grant talk a little bit about their Tom and Grant short in the beginning; Kevin tells about his cameo in the Season 4 episode he directed; and he announces that Tom, Grant, and Carlos will be in his Jay and Silent Bob sequel. So only watch if you like/tolerate Kevin. (I can see how people like working with him; he seems good at positively inspiring others.)

ComicBook.com Comic-Con interview with the cast:

Yeah, so I'm gonna need for them to NOT have The Flash panel last next year. It seems like all the press interviews with the cast were done before the panel, before they could really talk about some things.

'A Binge-Watcher's Guide To The Galaxy And Must-See TV'

The Flash

PREMISE: After his mother is killed by what looks like a yellow streak and his father is convicted of the crime, young Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) devotes his life to forensic analysis in hopes of clearing his dad's name. When a science experiment goes awry, giving him access to the "speed force," he becomes the fastest man alive. Now, he works tirelessly to fight metahuman crime.

CAST: Grant Gustin, Candice Patton, Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, Jesse L. Martin, Tom Cavanagh, Hartley Sawyer, Jessica Parker Kennedy, Danielle Nicolet.

THE SHOW'S SECRET WEAPON: Family. The Flash is about the bonds that tie us together. And how, no matter how you might be related to them—by blood, by choice, by accident—it's family that matters.

I really liked the part about family.

• Love 1
On 7/23/2018 at 11:15 PM, Katsullivan said:

From [8:00]

Reporter #1: Can you tease whether we'll see some [Caitlin/Iris] in the upcoming season?

DP: I don't know. My understanding is that we're going to see Iris as a reporter which makes more sense than having her in Star Labs .... I am excited to see her have her own identity [unclear] away from Star Labs.

Reporter #1: ..... ?

Reporter #2: Thanks very much! Bye!

??????

I really cannot stand DP.  She is such a shady b!tch.

• Love 2
On 8/5/2018 at 6:36 PM, adora721 said:

Ladies with Gumption podcast about female friendships in the Arrowverse: https://ladieswgumption.tumblr.com/post/176658659574/your-favorite-ladies-with-gumption

Flash discussion starts at  46:37

The constant laughing and giggling on that podcast made it excrutiating to listen to, but I couldn't disagree with her points.  She also mentioned that we don't see more Caitlin/Iris because the "actors don't want it" ... is there some interview where this was laid out?  I've only heard of this on gossip sites.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, phoenics said:

She also mentioned that we don't see more Caitlin/Iris because the "actors don't want it" ... is there some interview where this was laid out?  I've only heard of this on gossip sites.

It's gossip. The show has never been interested developing Iris/Caitlin. I wouldn't put that on the actors.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Trini said:

It's gossip.

I’m actually astonished that you can continue to believe it’s just gossip after the evidence that’s been presented to us in the last few weeks.

In some posts, some stated that SB wasn’t a viable option; we now know that SB was always on the table as a viable option from Grant Gustin himself. So, speculation on that has been proven true.

We also have media evidence that DP and CP only tolerate each other: CP not clapping for DP, the awkward, stiff picture with them at the autograph station, DP implying that the SnoWest friendship won’t be displayed since Iris is no longer in the lab, etc . So, we have evidence that the actors real-life dynamic is “icy” (pun intended).

In other posts, some have claimed the actors had no control or say in what happens to their characters. We now have evidence from their own lips that the actors do have some control. GG controlled whether SB happened. Danielle Panabaker said, “No” to a Ralph and Caitlin romance, unless you believe that Hartley Sawyer is lying.

We may logically speculate that there were other instances where the actors also gave input on what happened to their characters. It also logical to assume that, of the two female actors, DP had the most influence in the first three seasons because of her connection to AJK and his wife. (Obviously, DP didn’t have more power than GG.) Therefore, if DP didn’t want a friendship between Iris and Caitlin, it didn’t happen. And there’s plenty of evidence on the show of missed opportunities to make them friends long before S4.

We can no longer state with certainty that the lack of a SnoWest friendship has nothing to do with the actors’ influence, real-life animosity, or preferences. We can no longer say with certainty that those cut scenes of Iris and Caitlin hugging was just to save run time; after all, that hug would take only a few seconds to show.

It’s now more likely that the SnoWest friendship happened as a result of media scrutiny and pressure to do something about this huge elephant in the room of the two females not having a real friendship for years.

Ladies with Gumption (LWG) are media; they attended SDCC as members of the press. In fact, it was a member of LWG who asked Grant the question that generated the confession from Grant that he put the kibosh on SB and pushed for WestAllen. LWG talked with the cast and watched the cast interactions in person. So, if LWG are speculating that the SnoWest friendship didn’t happen because of the influence of the actors, then we cannot say that it’s just gossip.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, adora721 said:

So, if LWG are speculating that the SnoWest friendship didn’t happen because of the influence of the actors, then we cannot say that it’s just gossip.

Speculation isn't facts. Until someone from the show says something, I think the show's track record of disinterest in female/female relationships (not just Iris/Caitlin) is a far more likely reason.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, Trini said:

Speculation isn't facts. Until someone from the show says something, I think the show's track record of disinterest in female/female relationships (not just Iris/Caitlin) is a far more likely reason.

Considering there have only been two long-standing females on the show, Iris and Caitlin alone cannot be used as evidence that the show has disinterest in female/female relationships.  

However, we have seen them invest a little time in Iris and Linda's relationship for the short time she was on the show. We have seen Iris and Cecile having genuine interactions, which should only improve now that she's a regular. Even Iris and Marlize have a striking and believable connection. ETA: Let's even throw in Fefe, who has a friendship with Iris that's believable (notwithstanding the wedding debaucle).

And yet, we haven't seen much believable and genuine friendship between the two main females in 3+ seasons. And based on what DP said, we're not likely to see much in S5 of that friendship either.

And while speculation isn't facts, it is based on evidence in the public sphere, which raises it above just gossip, which is idle talk based only on rumors.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 3

They do base a lot of this stuff on actor chemistry, especially with long running shows. For example, I think Iris and Felicity turning out to be a fun pair was because the actresses obviously hit it off and like each other, as you can tell from their social media postings. So the writers played to that for them. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, adora721 said:

Considering there have only been two long-standing females on the show, Iris and Caitlin alone cannot be used as evidence that the show has disinterest in female/female relationships.  

I never said that they were the only evidence.

51 minutes ago, adora721 said:

And while speculation isn't facts, it is based on evidence in the public sphere, which rises it above just gossip, which is idle talk based only on rumors.

It's being alleged that the actresses don't want their characters to have a relationship and I don't see any evidence of that. Plus, we also know that there have been storylines that the actors did NOT like/want that happened anyway. There are multiple variables that go into how the show plays out, etc., and blaming the actresses (and somehow it's tends to be the actresses) is easy to do, as I've seen elsewhere.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Trini said:

I never said that they were the only evidence.

It's being alleged that the actresses don't want their characters to have a relationship and I don't see any evidence of that. Plus, we also know that there have been storylines that the actors did NOT like/want that happened anyway. There are multiple variables that go into how the show plays out, etc., and blaming the actresses (and somehow it's tends to be the actresses) is easy to do, as I've seen elsewhere.

We actually know it’s the opposite. For example, Candice has been on record on several occasions over the years saying how much she’d like to see an Iris/Caitlin relationship. Just in January, Danielle talked about waiting to see the Iris/Caitlin relationship to grow. We saw the most amount of growth for the Iris/Caitlin “friendship” in season 4, even though it seems that the 2 actresses don’t seem to like each other. 

Personally, I just think the show wasn’t interested in making a friendship grow. I think they started with it in season 2, but it quickly fell off. The show runner at the time said in an interview that building an Iris/Caitlin friendship was a priority, but we never saw that happen. She left after episode 9. 

Also, the actresses have zero chemistry, so I think that plays into why the show didn’t want to pursue an on screen friendship.

Bottom line: I think the relationship between the two characters didn’t happen because the show didn’t care about it. Not because of any actress drama. They are still professionals and can work together even if they don’t possibly personally like each other. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, adora721 said:

However, we have seen them invest a little time in Iris and Linda's relationship for the short time she was on the show. We have seen Iris and Cecile having genuine interactions, which should only improve now that she's a regular. Even Iris and Marlize have a striking and believable connection. ETA: Let's even throw in Fefe, who has a friendship with Iris that's believable (notwithstanding the wedding debaucle).

And yet, we haven't seen much believable and genuine friendship between the two main females in 3+ seasons. And based on what DP said, we're not likely to see much in S5 of that friendship either.

And while speculation isn't facts, it is based on evidence in the public sphere, which raises it above just gossip, which is idle talk based only on rumors.

They did the bare minimum for Iris and Linda. The writing for them in s1 was atrocious and they got two episodes in s2 before Linda was put on a bus and no-one mentioned her ever again.

Iris and Marlize worked well together on screen but a friendship between them is just as believable as a friendship between Iris and Frost, meaning that it's not that believable. The only difference is that unlike special snowflake Caitlin/Frost Marlize got called out. And even if I did buy her connection to Iris, she's gone. The writers are not invested in Iris/Marlize nor are they interested in Iris/Linda.

Jury's still out on Iris/Cecile but the fact that Cecile got more memorable scenes with Harry than with Iris is telling.

I have liked Iris/Felicity since Felicity's first appearance on Flash but the writers forgot about them for the entirety of s2 and s3 and then crapped all over them with the wedding debacle.

And Iris and Caitlin actually did get scenes together in s4. The problem is that for whatever reason the fans didn't like them.

Let's also think about the other recurring female characters. Patty had no meaningful interactions with either Iris or Caitlin. Same with Jesse. Same with Cynthia. Same with Cecile's daughter. Caitlin worked at Mercury Labs with Tina McGee and I don't remember them sharing one scene together. All the mother/daughter relationships are antagonistic, Iris/Francine, Caitlin/Carla, now even Nora and Iris are on bad terms. Just compare them to the father/son or father/daughter relationships.

All of this to say that despite what Candice/DP may want in regards to Snowest or other female friendships I don't see the writers accommodating them. They don't want Snowest? They were still forced to have scenes together in s4. They want other female friendships? The writers are not granting them their wishes. I'm sure Candice would love to work more with Kim, Malese Jow and Emily but the writers are just that bad when it comes to female interactions.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Starry said:

And Iris and Caitlin actually did get scenes together in s4. The problem is that for whatever reason the fans didn't like them.

Because as someone mentioned in the podcast, their scenes were so forced. Especially after what happened in season 3. First off, they didn't even try to write in an apology to Iris from Caitlin. For some reason the apology went to Joe as he if was the one affected the most. Second, in 4x05, they established they were only work friends, and they forced the maid of honor thing. Also, the way the friendship was written. Iris/Caitlin scenes displayed a one sided friendship.

• Love 7
On 8/7/2018 at 7:17 PM, Kate45 said:

We actually know it’s the opposite. For example, Candice has been on record on several occasions over the years saying how much she’d like to see an Iris/Caitlin relationship. Just in January, Danielle talked about waiting to see the Iris/Caitlin relationship to grow.

So, I did some research to find these instances you mentioned and came up with the following, which, I have to say, doesn't really have me convinced that either actress was genuinely advocating specifically for a Caitlin and Iris friendship. Seems the advocating was more for female friendships in general:

WonderCon 2015 – April 3-5, 2015: https://youtu.be/M2Cgc6_LkHM

Starts at minute 5:15

DP says she’s happy to be the only woman in the lab, but says that you’ll see some Iris/Caitlin interaction. This isn’t exactly advocating for a friendship.

9/21/15: https://www.themarysue.com/candice-patton-dragon-con/

Reporter: It sounds like you may be in the lab more often now? Do you get to interact with Caitlin more? Because I mean, female friendships are not something that are really on the show – it seems like it’s a boy’s club. How will your relationship with her – your friendship, develop?

Patton: Yeah, I think it’s just hard when you only have 2 female characters on the show. And I think we’re remedying that this season with a lot of other female characters – Patty, and Linda Park is coming back. As far as Iris’ relationship with Caitlin, I don’t know that it’s that in-depth yet. One thing they do share in common is that – caught myself almost saying something…. [LAUGHTER] I don’t know, to answer that question. But I do know that there will be more female relationships. Iris West and Linda Park specifically have a friendship that will be prevalent in season 2, which I’m excited about. They work together, and they are both very strong willed women and they support each other. And I think that’s a great message for people to see.

Reporter: Is there any relationship in particular, now that you’re a part of the team, that you’ve seen grow in season 2 and you really like?

Patton: That’s a great question. [PAUSE] No. I wish I could say – I mean, I think there’s a little small dynamics between Iris and Barry – I mean Iris and Cisco and Iris and Caitlin. I find myself with them often when Barry’s off saving the world, and Iris is in the lab with Cisco and Cailtin. So there’s a little bit of banter that happens. And that’s nice. But in terms of deep, new relationships with these characters? Not so much, yet. But that doesn’t mean that that couldn’t evolve over time.

8/4/17: http://flashtvnews.com/iris-caitlin-friendship-to-develop-in-flash-season-4/29448

“We’re definitely going to see Iris’ relationship with Caitlin especially developed this season, which we haven’t seen before, which will be really nice for fans,” Candice Patton told Entertainment Weekly. “Fans have been wanting to see more female dynamic on the show, and there will definitely be that. They’re working closely together. Caitlin has been through so much herself in relationships, and I think if anyone can offer advice, it would be her, so she’s there quite often to give Iris advice on her relationship with Barry and how to move forward.”

8/23/17: https://www.ibtimes.com/flash-candice-patton-wants-malese-jow-return-linda-park-2581536

“I keep advocating for Linda Park to come back because I feel like they, of all the characters, could have a really great female friendship,” Patton said (via Comic Book Resources). “I don’t know if that’s something that’s going to happen. But we’ve got Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker), we’ve got Gypsy (Jessica Camacho), Jessie Quick (Violett Beane), who’s kind of taken off for now. … The female friendships [on the show] are kind of not as strong, but I don’t know. We’ll see. Maybe Season 4. Maybe.”

Although Patton told Comic Book Resources in the same year that “there’s a friendship” between Iris and Linda, and that Iris and Patty Spivot (Shantel VanSanten) “have the potential to have a very amicable friendship,”

2/16/18: https://www.player.one/flash-season-4-danielle-panabaker-candice-patton-interview-124147

While filming Season 3, she had to give Executive Producer Todd Helbing a call. She was frustrated the plan was for Caitlin to get yet another tragic love interest instead of delving deeper into pre-existing relationships or letting the series explore the complexities of her dual identity in one strong story arc.

“All of these are things I expressed for a long time. Season 3 in particular, I couldn’t believe they were giving me another love interest. I remember calling Todd Helbing and being like, ‘Are you serious? Is this what’s happening right now?’”

“It’s nice to get to delve into something different, play more with the boys and do the superpowers of it all, but I do miss the relationships,” Panabaker said. “That’s what makes Flash so special, the love we all have for each other. I’d like to see them lean into that a little bit more. Caitlin and Iris, Caitlin and Wells, Caitlin and Cisco…”

ETA:

June 2016 SDCC:

Even when asked a direct question about a Cait and Iris friendship, CP turns it into a generic  or general answer about  female relationships being friendly and supportive - not specifically about those two characters.

Edited by adora721
2 hours ago, Starry said:

All of this to say that despite what Candice/DP may want in regards to Snowest or other female friendships I don't see the writers accommodating them. They don't want Snowest? They were still forced to have scenes together in s4. They want other female friendships? The writers are not granting them their wishes. I'm sure Candice would love to work more with Kim, Malese Jow and Emily but the writers are just that bad when it comes to female interactions.

I agree with this, and that's why the scenes don't work between the two because they don't want it, but have to do it. However, with other females that interact with Iris, it had some sense of being genuine even though short-lived. Even Caitlin and Amunet's relationship kinda works.

• Love 1

So Grant Gustin is hitting back at the people who don't like the new Flash costume. Go read the whole rant for yourself. It's well covered by mainstream media like People, CNN, Indepedent, etc...

This is the best part though:

“As far as the body shaming. That’s what pisses me off. Not even just for my sake,” he said. “I’ve had 20+ years of kids and adults telling me or my parents that I was too thin. But there’s a double standard where it’s OK to talk sh*t about a dude’s body.”

So let's repeat that again:

THERE'S A DOUBLE STANDARD WHERE IT'S OK TO TALK SHIT ABOUT A DUDE'S BODY.

Shut the ever-living f*#k up, Grant!

Mr. #ChoiceMaleHottie needs to take several seats.

First of all, people complaining about the tacky Flash suit =/= body-shaming him personally. Like I don't doubt that there is a small fraction of people snarking about him being "too thin", but all the criticism I've personally seen is about the suit, not his body, so the people who are taking shots on his body are in the vast minority.

Secondly, even if they are "too thin" ---- oh my goodness, is he for real? Is he really claiming that his attributes of white, straight, tall, good hair and skin, and not overweight are disadvantages?  Or that people complaining that he's #TooThin is anything compared to the violent verbal and physical bullying that overweight kids, kids of color, trans kids, disabled kids, go through because of how they look?

Did he really just claim that some a handful of people snarking at him on the Internet is more acceptable than, oh I don't know, the societal and institutional system of objectifying women????? Does he have any idea what #MeToo is?

Lastly, look at all the mainstream media coverage of his statement, defending him, supporting him and bashing on the "haters". Or the fact that he's literally being nominated for his looks while he's ranting about not everyone loving them. Has any mainstream media ever covered the pathological hate that Candice Patton received from the moment of her casting ---- instead media actually contributed to this hate. (Leading lady Danielle Panabacker anyone? The Flash has finally fixed its "Iris Problem").

Grant works with someone who got mailed a dildo because of the way she looks (Black) --- who was sidelined professionally by her boss, snubbed and put down by a co-star (that he has defended)--- Yet he has never once in five years of working together felt the need to make a statement on Candice's treatment, like say Minka Kelly recently did for Anna Diop before an episode of their show even aired. 

And he thinks that this statement is a good look on him?

What an idiot.

Edited by Katsullivan
  • Love 5

I expect he'll soon post a "sorry you got offended" un-apology for the "double standard" remark. He and Evangeline Lilly need to have a talk about men complaining about superhero suits.

Has any mainstream media ever covered the pathological hate that Candice Patton received from the moment of her casting ---- instead media actually contributed to this hate. (Leading lady Danielle Panabacker anyone? The Flash has finally fixed its "Iris Problem").

I think there was recent coverage on her and the actress that plays Josie in the last CON? But before that, sadly no. Candice Patton and Kat Graham (Bonnie Bennett from Vampire Diaries) are two actress who faced notorious fandom backlash from their casting announcements and dealt/deal with a lot of racism directed towards them and their characters. But mainstream media never touches it. If anything, mainstream media tends to add fuel to the fire with incendiary reporting. So yes, it's sad but unsurprising that Grant's rather melodramatic reaction to relatively mild fan criticism gets so much coverage and support while the hate brigade directed as Candice is either: ignored, or subtly encouraged. 

Yet he has never once in five years of working together felt the need to make a statement on Candice's treatment, like say Minka Kelly recently did for Anna Diop before an episode of their show even aired. 

Well the cynical lesson there for you is that just because someone plays a hero on TV doesn't make him a hero in real life. 

Edited by ursula
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, adora721 said:

https://youtu.be/r1Zoy5_GLKE

This was one of their earliest interviews when things were presumably good between them. Notice the (perhaps inadvertent) subtle shade at minute 2:50

I mean, she could have just said that she was happy to be representing women in STEM.

The fact that they sent them out together was shady anyway.  They spent most of the time before the show and during the first two years diminishing CP's lead status by constantly having DP out front with her or alone.  And we rarely got to see CP/GG together doing press.  It was pretty blatant.

Also - the interviewer looked like he wished only DP was there - his body language toward CP was very dismissive.

And DP's quip was so petty.  She was so gunning for CP's spot.  I'm so glad CP and EBR and the rest unfollowed her on SM.

• Love 2

Well, this is out officially now:

• This isn't really a good picture to see the details, so I'm still going to wait to make a judgement overall,
  • I liked the Season 4 suit, so I'm a tiny bit disappointed it's changing again so soon.
  • It looks like the biggest changes are the step away from p/leather, and no more zip closure up the front. New details on the boots.
  • No, no no no, NO. The chinstrap is needed here. Please bring that back.
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, Trini said:

Well, this is out officially now:

• This isn't really a good picture to see the details, so I'm still going to wait to make a judgement overall,
  • I liked the Season 4 suit, so I'm a tiny bit disappointed it's changing again so soon.
  • It looks like the biggest changes are the step away from p/leather, and no more zip closure up the front. New details on the boots.
  • No, no no no, NO. The chinstrap is needed here. Please bring that back.

Agree about the chin strap being needed. I just went to look at the 2024 newspaper article, and there's a chin strap or jaw guard on the suit in the picture for 2024. Isn't that inconsistent?

Edited by adora721

Now if only we could get new cast promo photos -- there hasn't been any since Season 1. (Season 1!!)  With three new regulars for Season 5, it would be a good time. You'd think that they'd scrounge up some portraits for the network's #1 show....

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Trini said:

Now if only we could get new cast promo photos -- there hasn't been any since Season 1. (Season 1!!)  With three new regulars for Season 5, it would be a good time. You'd think that they'd scrounge up some portraits for the network's #1 show....

I miss the days when full cast promos were a thing. TheCW has a lot of unreleased promo shoots from over the years that they dont release to anyone for some odd reason.

• Love 2

I an't help but think about that none of the writers chose Caitlin as a favorite to write for. Even Ralph got picked by someone. This is probably reaching. I wonder if the way Caitlin is written on the show is due to none of the writers like writing for her.

9 hours ago, SevenStars said:

I don't like it in picture, maybe it will look better in movement. 

Yeah, I'm going to need to see it in motion, and with better lighting, and full length; but I do like some of the new details. (I still like the old suit better, so far, though.)