Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

21 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Actually anybody can become member of the organization that conducts the Saturn Awards for a small amount of money i think the fee this year was between 25-40 dollars for a year membership and it allows you to vote in this. 

I know this information, and nothing in my post refutes this information. I didn’t say anything about how people became voting members of the Saturn Awards. Anyone can join for about $30 to vote on the nominees—which is why I said people call it a popularity contest.

However, that’s not how the nomination process works since only select people out together the nominations before the entire voting base votes for the winner. 

Either way, it’s still nothing like the Teen Choice Awards, which is what you stated at the beginning. 

On 6/28/2018 at 7:43 PM, Trini said:

tumblr_pb1oy6yUfr1uvcgjlo3_540.gif

The best part of this is Danielle N. making it rain, and Jesse's "see what i have to put up with" face!

I love that!

There is one I saw on twitter where Iris and Barry are dancing and Candice asks "where were those moves in the bedroom?"  And Grant stops and says "Gurl!"

• Love 3

Yeah, apparently the whole gag reel is out; I think you can get it with an iTunes season pass? (Or look for it on social media)

I'd love for the writers to look at this gag reel, and try and and incorporate some of that fun into the show!

• Love 1
On 6/30/2018 at 9:23 PM, DearEvette said:

I love that!

There is one I saw on twitter where Iris and Barry are dancing and Candice asks "where were those moves in the bedroom?"  And Grant stops and says "Gurl!"

Hahaha!  I just watched that part - sooooo funny!

• Love 1

Super cute!! ❤️ But why no Carlos, Jesse, or Tom??

------

Have a question for the cast? Post your questions as VIDEOS using #askCWSDCC for a chance to be featured on our Facebook Live!

---

DCTV TV Guide Comic Con special cover:

SP18_WB_C1C_DCComics_SM.jpg

These are getting worse each year...

Tom C. and Grant will be taking part in Kevin Smith's Comic Con show/panel:

I have a show in Hall H on Saturday night! I’ll be doing Q&A, watching #Hollyweed with an audience for the first time, and welcoming special guests @grantgust and @cavanaghtom, who’ll be debuting their flick #tomandgrant at the panel and telling us all about it!

All I know for a fact is that he's on a vegan diet and is taking medication, though I assume his cardiologist has him working out as well.  It really is doing wonders for him and he's talked a lot about how great he feels. 

• Love 1

https://www.etonline.com/the-flash-star-danielle-panabaker-to-make-her-directorial-debut-in-season-5-exclusive-105876

"I’m incredibly excited and grateful to be directing my first episode of television, and especially honored that it will be an episode of The Flash," Panabaker said exclusively to ET. "Over the past 15 years, I have been lucky to work with many talented directors with a vast array of styles and methods. I have always loved the collaborative process, and my insatiable curiosity has lead me to watch, learn, and absorb as much as I can from those around me."

"I am so humbled by this opportunity to utilize everything that I have learned as a storyteller to bring an episode of The Flash to life," she continued. "I couldn’t be more thrilled to have the chance to work alongside our extremely talented (and vast) team that works so hard to make each and every episode of the show. I wouldn’t be here without the support of my Flash family, and I am so thankful for this opportunity to continue to grow and challenge myself as an artist. 

I'm assuming that it's an early Season 5 episode (before the crossover) if they're announcing it this early. I'm glad for her, and for another female director.

• Love 3

EW piece about Shethority (that Candice is a part of): http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/16/arrowverse-stars-shethority-website/

The idea was solidified during the filming of the 2016 Arrowverse crossover, which brought together characters from four CW superhero shows — Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, and Supergirl. While their characters teamed up in front of the camera, the women found themselves talking more and more in-between takes. “It’s usually one or two women on each show and all the sudden there were five or six of us and we started really talking,” Lotz says. What resulted was a conversation so impactful that the actors decided they wanted to involve others, from other actors to fans. So together, they launched social media handles for Shethority in October of 2017. “We want it to be a safe space for female-identifying humans,” Legends of Tomorrow star and Shethority member Maisie Richardson-Sellers says. “People can come here, share their stories and be heard.”

Less than a year later, Shethority has more than 120,000 followers and is feeling timelier than ever. “There’s been this movement of female empowerment and women standing up and asking for what they deserve and demanding respect and equality,” Patton says. “Shethority came around the time of the #MeToo and all of these other movements, and I think it has to do with where we are in our society.” Lotz, Patton, and other women use the Shetority pages to talk about what’s affecting them, and they encourage fans to do the same. So far, members have posted about everything from gun violence to body image. “There is no substitute for the authenticity of actually talking to one another,” Arrow star and Shethority member Emily Bett Rickards says. “Any question you have, most likely someone else is having as well. You’re continually learning about yourself and the people around you.” Patton adds, “We found that the more women speak to each other and speak truthfully, we have way more in common than we have differences.”

Flash cast to be interviewed by Kevin Smith for IMDb's Comic Con coverage:

There usually aren't any spoilers -besides whatever storylines that are approved for promotion - but it might be worth it for the cast interactions. And maybe Kevin will leak which episode he's directing.

Congrats to Danielle. She mentioned wanting to direct a long time ago (season 2? season 3?), so good for her for making it. There's a process to it I think. I remember when one of the actors on Vampire Diaries was directing the showrunner spoke about how they don't just let the actors direct but they had to put in the work to show they were dedicated (something like that). They had to shadow other directors and do all kinds of things before they were allowed. That's another show obviously, but I can imagine there's a similar process.

• Love 1
(edited)
On July 16, 2018 at 5:55 PM, Trini said:

https://www.etonline.com/the-flash-star-danielle-panabaker-to-make-her-directorial-debut-in-season-5-exclusive-105876

I'm assuming that it's an early Season 5 episode (before the crossover) if they're announcing it this early. I'm glad for her, and for another female director.

12 hours ago, RedVitC said:

Congrats to Danielle. She mentioned wanting to direct a long time ago (season 2? season 3?), so good for her for making it. There's a process to it I think. I remember when one of the actors on Vampire Diaries was directing the showrunner spoke about how they don't just let the actors direct but they had to put in the work to show they were dedicated (something like that). They had to shadow other directors and do all kinds of things before they were allowed. That's another show obviously, but I can imagine there's a similar process.

Very happy to see that at least some here are happy for Danielle. Good luck to her. I met her once & she's very sweet. 

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Proteus said:

Very happy to see that at least some here are happy for Danielle. Good luck to her. I met her once & she's very sweet. 

I think most are happy for her. I think she's wanted this for a while, so good for her!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Trini said:

Writers Room photo:

I've been able to identify - Todd Helbing Eric Wallace, Sterling Gates, Thomas Pound, Judalina Niera, Lauren Certo, Kirsten Kim, Jeff Hersh,  Joshua Gilbert,  Jonathan Butler, and Gabriel Garza. (Plus 3 I'm not sure about) -- Essentially the same writers as last season. Sam Chalsen might still be with the show, but he's not in this photo.

(There seemed to be quite the exodus after seasons 2 and 3. It's interesting that this group has stayed - for now.)

Flash cast interview with ET at 9:45am Pacific time:

Also writers Gates and Pound are at Comic Con; Gates was part of the Page to Screen panel:

• Love 1

nothing that has been posted about any of the CW shows so far from Comic-Con  is making me want to watch next year, especially arrow and Supergirl. Sounds like some really boring and frustrating storylines coming up on all the shows