Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Family Ties 2018.06.07

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, oceanview said:

I should have known that.  Thank you for explaining.  (Hitting my head on  the wall! )   Every now and then abbreviations come up and I wear myself out   trying to guess  what they mean, as I am not a Twitter person and I am OLD.         Some one nicely asked what SMH meant and I was so happy.  I  had no clue and  was "shaking my head" regularly at some of the dumb things people say or do    LOL

I can usually figure them out on my own, but when I get stuck, this site provides the answers quickly.  Just click on the magnifying glass icon and enter the acronym.  Voila!  I've had this site bookmarked for about 15 years! :D.         https://www.acronymfinder.com

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

That “Jimmy John’s” looks exactly like “Jersey Mike’s” up here in New York which came here recently.  I noticed the salami myself, lol.  BTW, buy one, get one free with coupon, haha.  They are giving “Subway” a run for their money.

We have both here (Chicago), although Jimmy John’s is way more prevalent. 

I very much prefer Jersey Mike’s over Jimmy John’s. 

• Love 1
On June 13, 2018 at 1:12 PM, Lemur said:

I when I was on Ambien, and I ate one of those mini-jars of peanut butter.  I also tried to drive my car.  I don't take Ambien anymore.

Same here - Ambien made me see everything in 3D (television looked like dioramas!), black out, and awaken in the morning in bedsheets covered with orange powder - apparently I made somnambulant trips to the vending machines in the apartment building to buy all things orange - Cheeseits, Doritos, and Cheetos - none of which I eat when conscious.  So yeah, Ambien is not my friend.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, ProudMary said:

I can usually figure them out on my own, but when I get stuck, this site provides the answers quickly.  Just click on the magnifying glass icon and enter the acronym.  Voila!  I've had this site bookmarked for about 15 years! :D.         https://www.acronymfinder.com

Cool.... thanks

On 7/3/2018 at 8:11 PM, oceanview said:

I should have known that.  Thank you for explaining.  (Hitting my head on  the wall! )   Every now and then abbreviations come up and I wear myself out   trying to guess  what they mean, as I am not a Twitter person and I am OLD.         Some one nicely asked what SMH meant and I was so happy.  I  had no clue and  was "shaking my head" regularly at some of the dumb things people say or do    LOL

Now I'm so happy... shake my head. Thank you!

On 7/4/2018 at 11:10 PM, SimonSeymour said:

We have both here (Chicago), although Jimmy John’s is way more prevalent. 

I very much prefer Jersey Mike’s over Jimmy John’s. 

Jersey Mike’s. Drooling over here.  That's a "we're in the big city" treat.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Jersey Mike’s. Drooling over here.  That's a "we're in the big city" treat.

Oddly enough, I didn't have Jersey Mike's until I'd been living in Jersey for nearly 20 years despite living at Ground Zero (literally, the original one is just a bit down the way).  I'd always avoided them due to the orange cheese issue and because chain sandwiches suck when you're used to corner delis.  But they do indeed kick the crap out of just about every chain except maybe Blimpie's who incidentally also cut their meats on-sight. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Oddly enough, I didn't have Jersey Mike's until I'd been living in Jersey for nearly 20 years despite living at Ground Zero (literally, the original one is just a bit down the way).  I'd always avoided them due to the orange cheese issue and because chain sandwiches suck when you're used to corner delis.  But they do indeed kick the crap out of just about every chain except maybe Blimpie's who incidentally also cut their meats on-sight. 

Taking my sandwich chain response to the Small Talk thread.
SMALL TALK: Y'ALL COME BACK NOW, Y'HEAR?

• Love 2