Type keyword(s) to search

Magic Word: Charmed in the Media

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

That’s hilarious how the timing of it lined up to match with Dohertys departure. 

Same season. 20 year anniversary of said departure....wow. Both played the eldest sister. I see you HMC cursing the show lol

• LOL 3

I thought when I read it it lined up with Shannen Doherty's departure season 3 wise but I didn't realise it was to the day. Hehe. 

I haven't been watching this season but Macy used to be my favourite. Poppy, Madeleine...will Rupert be next?

1 hour ago, Featherhat said:

I thought when I read it it lined up with Shannen Doherty's departure season 3 wise but I didn't realise it was to the day. Hehe. 

I haven't been watching this season but Macy used to be my favourite. Poppy, Madeleine...will Rupert be next?

He is joining Netflixs Bridgerton for S2....

• Useful 1

Maybe they'll just recast her. If not, looks like Joséfina is the new Charmed One. I'm guessing that it's going to be Joséfina. It was too convenient that a cousin suddenly shows up this season, they must have had some idea that Madeleine might leave & wanted to be ready with a replacement. And in the "huh, I had no idea" category, TIL that Mareya Salazar is transgender.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, GaT said:

Maybe they'll just recast her. If not, looks like Joséfina is the new Charmed One. I'm guessing that it's going to be Joséfina. It was too convenient that a cousin suddenly shows up this season, they must have had some idea that Madeleine might leave & wanted to be ready with a replacement. And in the "huh, I had no idea" category, TIL that Mareya Salazar is transgender.

From the sounds of it, they wont be recasting the role. Brexit as fans have been calling it has been a rumor for couple months now it feels so it definitely wasnt an out of left field situation. 

On 6/3/2021 at 6:01 PM, Cranberry said:

Rumors:

Apparently our British potentials here are Rupert Evans (who makes the most sense as he's been cast on Bridgerton) and Madeleine Mantock (who is apparently unhappy with the show, and who people speculate is being silenced as she's gone dark on social media/her Twitter has basically been wiped). Losing either of them would result in pretty big changes to the show.

Edited by Primal Slayer
26 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

From the sounds of it, they wont be recasting the role. Brexit as fans have been calling it has been a rumor for couple months now it feels so it definitely wasnt an out of left field situation. 

Any idea why she's leaving?

(edited)
18 minutes ago, GaT said:

Any idea why she's leaving?

Of course nothing legit but from what I gage from twitter (I didnt realize there were such intense ship wars in this fandom...) she wasnt happy with the show, the storylines, how they wrote her character. Very deja vu with Shannen Doherty.

It's very strange that Sarah Jeffries has been active today on twitter, liked a tweet that said to continue to support the show but hasnt said a word or retwetted or liked anything about Mads leaving and wishing her well.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 2

So it really was her! I expected Rupert, although like I said back in early June, there had apparently been rumors going around about how unhappy Madeleine was for a while. I'm not in this show's fandom (I just don't care about it enough), so I don't know any details. I wish her well, though.

I haven't watched the last six episodes. At this point I might not even bother. The show is such a mess.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

It's very strange that Sarah Jeffries has been active today on twitter, liked a tweet that said to continue to support the show but hasnt said a word or retwetted or liked anything about Mads leaving and wishing her well.

She might not be allowed to. At least until her final episode airs. I remember when both Patrick Dempsey left Greys and Sophia Bush left Chicago PD no cast members commented and it became obvious after a while there’d been some sort of gag order put on the subject.

1 hour ago, Avabelle said:

She might not be allowed to. At least until her final episode airs. I remember when both Patrick Dempsey left Greys and Sophia Bush left Chicago PD no cast members commented and it became obvious after a while there’d been some sort of gag order put on the subject.

I would think if there were then they wouldn't have their official Twitter tweeting about it. But she didn't even like their goodbye message to her. Though we'll see what Friday brings.

Well, shoot.  Macy is my favorite and the only sister I actually care about, LOL.  Pretty much the only story that I am invested in is Macy and Harry's relationship.  It seemed weird that the show had the stupid "allergy" storyline that interfered with their romantic relationship this season, but Madeleine leaving may have been why, I guess.  I won't be surprised if Rupert Evans leaves as well, I suppose, but Bridgerton shouldn't be a major factor since (major book/show spoilers ahead) 

Spoiler

the character he is playing is currently dead.

I think I'm out after this season finale episode.  The storylines this season were not engaging, I don't care much about the two remaining sisters, and I don't care at all about Josefina.  Nothing to keep me tuning in, bleh.    

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

Pretty much the only story that I am invested in is Macy and Harry's relationship. 

I did like their relationship, so knowing that she's leaving will affect how much I enjoy the remaining episodes this season, since I'm only halfway through right now.  That's the problem with knowing behind-the-scenes info, I guess.

On 7/21/2021 at 9:44 AM, SonofaBiscuit said:

Well, shoot.  Macy is my favorite and the only sister I actually care about, LOL.  Pretty much the only story that I am invested in is Macy and Harry's relationship.  It seemed weird that the show had the stupid "allergy" storyline that interfered with their romantic relationship this season, but Madeleine leaving may have been why, I guess.  I won't be surprised if Rupert Evans leaves as well, I suppose, but Bridgerton shouldn't be a major factor since (major book/show spoilers ahead) 

Hide contents

the character he is playing is currently dead.

I think I'm out after this season finale episode.  The storylines this season were not engaging, I don't care much about the two remaining sisters, and I don't care at all about Josefina.  Nothing to keep me tuning in, bleh.    

Yea, that's me as well. Very disappointing! :-(

But I wish Madeleine well!!! 

‘Charmed’: Jeffrey Lieber, Joey Falco & Nicki Renna Tapped As New Showrunners For Season 4 Of CW Series

CMD318a_0295r.jpg?w=320&h=213&crop=1

Jeffrey Lieber, Joey Falco and Nicki Renna take over as showrunners for Season 4 as they replace Liz Kruger and Craig Shapiro who helmed the series since the beginning of Season 2.

Season 4 will tackle the major death at the end of the previous season. Joey Falco shared that “this seasons is going to be about grief and trauma, and how that can change people.

(This sounds horrible, I wish they would have gone lighter and an actually make us like/care about the sisters. Show the fun side of having magical powers, which they stopped doing after Season 1. They could also focus on the some of the fun/interesting magical creatures they all but killed off in the previous seasons.)

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

‘Charmed’: Jeffrey Lieber, Joey Falco & Nicki Renna Tapped As New Showrunners For Season 4 Of CW Series

CMD318a_0295r.jpg?w=320&h=213&crop=1

Jeffrey Lieber, Joey Falco and Nicki Renna take over as showrunners for Season 4 as they replace Liz Kruger and Craig Shapiro who helmed the series since the beginning of Season 2.

Season 4 will tackle the major death at the end of the previous season. Joey Falco shared that “this seasons is going to be about grief and trauma, and how that can change people.

(This sounds horrible, I wish they would have gone lighter and an actually make us like/care about the sisters. Show the fun side of having magical powers, which they stopped doing after Season 1. They could also focus on the some of the fun/interesting magical creatures they all but killed off in the previous seasons.)

You have to be really good at your job to reboot a successful show that laid the groundwork for you to adapt and make better but somehow fail at doing so and become a bigger mess than the OG already was. That's talent. 3 showrunners in 4 years, already lost 1 lead actress, a minor reboot after the first season...

• Love 1
On 8/27/2021 at 2:50 PM, AnimeMania said:

I'm kind of glad.  Both Season 2 and Season 3 were wildly uneven with a lot of tedious episodes.  Kruger and Shapiro seemed to lack interest in actually focusing on the sisters.  

Edit: I just looked them up, and all three were staff writers for the show.  Jeffrey Lieber came up with the original script for "Lost" which was revamped by JJ Abrams et al.  

Agreed.  The last two seasons were depressing in a boring kind of way.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

‘Charmed’: Lucy Barrett Joins the CW Series As New Co-Lead Alongside Melonie Diaz & Sarah Jeffery

Lucy-Barrett-CW-2.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Australian actress Lucy Barrett has become the co-lead in the upcoming Season 4 of The CW’s Charmed reboot succeeding Madeleine Mantock who played co-lead Macy for the first four seasons.

Her name, backstory, powers, and connection to Mel and Maggie are being kept under wraps.

She is an artist, with a wild, unpredictable love for life and a one-of-a-kind view of the world that serves her well in her art, which is her life’s passion. She’s fun, irreverent, impulsive, strong-willed, and will bring a brand-new energy to the Power of Three.”

On 9/8/2021 at 12:26 PM, AnimeMania said:

‘Charmed’: Lucy Barrett Joins the CW Series As New Co-Lead Alongside Melonie Diaz & Sarah Jeffery

Lucy-Barrett-CW-2.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Australian actress Lucy Barrett has become the co-lead in the upcoming Season 4 of The CW’s Charmed reboot succeeding Madeleine Mantock who played co-lead Macy for the first four seasons.

Her name, backstory, powers, and connection to Mel and Maggie are being kept under wraps.

She is an artist, with a wild, unpredictable love for life and a one-of-a-kind view of the world that serves her well in her art, which is her life’s passion. She’s fun, irreverent, impulsive, strong-willed, and will bring a brand-new energy to the Power of Three.”

Well, she certainly looks like she could be a sister, so I guess mom really is a slut. 😁 I'm surprised Josefina isn't the third Charmed One, I really thought she would be because it would be so easy to make it her.

Also interesting is that season 4 is being referred to as a "reboot". I thought this version of the show was a reboot, so they're rebooting the reboot?  I hope they're getting them out of that SafeSpace place which I still don't understand. Just put them back in the real world.

On 9/9/2021 at 12:34 PM, GaT said:

Also interesting is that season 4 is being referred to as a "reboot". I thought this version of the show was a reboot, so they're rebooting the reboot?  I hope they're getting them out of that SafeSpace place which I still don't understand. Just put them back in the real world.

Maybe a reset is a more appropriate word in this case?  They're re-setting the premise with the loss of a core character required for the show's mythology of the Powers of 3.  Sort of like when shows do a time jump to reset the story again.

I too wish they would leave SafeSpace behind.  Unfortunately, I think it might be more cost effective to use the set they have, and filming there reduces the number of on-location shoots.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

shi-ne.jpg

Shi Ne Nielson has a recurring role on the fourth season of The CW’s Charmed as Roxie, the mercurial owner of the Blue Camellia, a mysterious bar with an emotional history that caters to a dangerous collection of magical miscreants. Part fixer, part-confidant to those who drink at her establishment, part heartbroken hero…Roxie is the keeper of many secrets…including her own. She’ll play a central role in the action and drama of Season 4 as the Charmed Ones bring her deeper into their lives and their hearts. The question is…can they trust her?

On 2/12/2022 at 3:48 PM, AnimeMania said:

shi-ne.jpg

Shi Ne Nielson has a recurring role on the fourth season of The CW’s Charmed as Roxie, the mercurial owner of the Blue Camellia, a mysterious bar with an emotional history that caters to a dangerous collection of magical miscreants. Part fixer, part-confidant to those who drink at her establishment, part heartbroken hero…Roxie is the keeper of many secrets…including her own. She’ll play a central role in the action and drama of Season 4 as the Charmed Ones bring her deeper into their lives and their hearts. The question is…can they trust her?

these Charmed ones dont seem that powerfull ... they always need someone else to fix the problem

• Love 1
4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

The-CW-Charmed-Season-4-Poster.jpg?q=50&

What a letdown of a poster. I'd expect this for an average episode but not to promote Charmed reboot 3.0 Season 4.

1 hour ago, GaT said:

I hope the poster is accurate & Sarah Jeffery has actually figured out how to style her hair.

The bangs really aged her last season
image.png.dfb4d8230b789c64eda30d01f7ef525c.png

4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Natasha Henstridge Cast in ‘Charmed’ at CW (EXCLUSIVE)

Natasha Henstridge is joining The CW’s “Charmed” the a recurring role of Diana, a strong, confident, and wry-witted, Whitelighter. It was believed that Harry (Rupert Evans) was the only Whitelighter left, but Diana seeks Harry out in the hopes that he can help her escape from the bizarre, magical predicament in which she finds herself.

yawn

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

Charmed has been Cancelled.

Since this comment probably should have been posted some time in season 1, I'm not surprised.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Camera One said:

I guess the show has already stopped filming, so they wouldn't have a final episode that wraps the series up?  

The writers weren't sure of a s5 so they wrote their own Something Wicca This Way Goes type ending. Wraps up some things while leaving the door open for more stories. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/1/2022 at 2:02 PM, GaT said:

They made her head look enormous

She's just unattractive, so is the other one. Mantock wasn't bad but she left. I wonder if this Woke reboot being cancelled coincided with CW being up for sale.

Usually CW run their shows into the ground regardless of poor ratings.

Edited by LadyIrony
20 minutes ago, LadyIrony said:

She's just unattractive, so is the other one. Mantock wasn't bad but she left. I wonder if this Woke reboot being cancelled coincided with CD being up for sale.

Usually CW run their shows into the ground regardless of poor ratings.

It 100% has to do with the future of the CW being under new ownership 

• Love 1