Type keyword(s) to search

Marissa Hermer: Little Miss Perfect?

My British brother-in-law said that while it isn't the smartest move, Marissa's citizenship change might make sense in terms of whatever her pre-nup says.  Part of a potential proposed settlement might be held shares in the family business for any children.  She now has two I believe.  She could have been promised a bigger settlement should they divorce if she promised to keep family assets in trust for her children and enjoy the income of part or whole for her whole life.  This is big in French marriages to a non-national and certain trusts there require both parties to be full citizens.  I hope I explained that correctly.

And she does sound like Caroline Rhea!  Also her voice matches her looks and mannerisms.  Not sure if it is a social act or whether it is just her.  But it keeps her not unlikeable so far.

I wonder if she gave up her American citizenship or holds dual citizenship now?  Maybe she did it for tax purposes.  New rules have the IRS sniffing around non-US spouses income.  Many Americans have given up their citizenship for that reason. 

I'm pretty sure she has dual citizenship and did not renounce her US one as the show's press said and tried to imply in the first episode or so.  I do think whatever it was, it was probably part of the pre nup in regards to the children.  I'm pretty sure during the final filming she is pregnant with their second son (some of her talking heads, unlike silicon bloated Caprice, Marissa looks quite pregnant just in the fullness of her face). Anyway some people with significant assets have pre-nups that allow for greater divorce settlements if the spouse agrees to keep those assets in nation as it were.  in other words Matt might have provided a greater monthly allowance to Marissa if she agreed post divorce to keep the kids in Britain and any child support from the Hermer Ignite group holdings in the UK as well.  My sister has a similar type of agreement in keeping their kids in the UK at least so many months out of the year should they divorce (up to a certain age),

I thought the same. I didn't think Marissa was renouncing her US citizenship. She's going to be a dual citizen. It makes sense, especially when it comes to her children.

I also assumed the citezenship was a protective measure about her kids. We don't even know if her kids are US citizens and it makes sense that she would want to make sure there are no legal hoops to staying with her children if anything happens to her husband.

• Love 1

I also assumed the citezenship was a protective measure about her kids. We don't even know if her kids are US citizens and it makes sense that she would want to make sure there are no legal hoops to staying with her children if anything happens to her husband.

Exactly. When you look at it in that context, it makes perfect sense. I assume her children were born in Britain, but maybe they weren't? It's pretty easy to maintain dual citizenship in the US and in Britain, right? Only living in specific countries would make that next-to-impossible.

I don't mind Marissa. The baby shower drama was kind of eyerolling, but for the most part, I think she prefers to stay out of trouble with the others. She seems eager for everyone to get along.

Smug doesn't look good on any woman and the way she treated Juliet over tea was just plain mean. "I'm not going to kiss you"? What the heck was that about? She sat there with her smug little face while Juliet tried to talk to her. I don't blame Juliet for wanting to have a home style Thanksgiving. All Marissa wants is to show off to her London friends what a fine party planner she is and the women all call her a social climber.  We've seen it before. 4th of July, etc. She likes to pat herself on the back a little too much. It reminds me of what happened to Bethany on RHONY when Jill did the very same thing. Look what happened to them. Bethany tried to work it out with Jill and Jill did the exact thing that Marissa did, she ignored her and refused to get past it.  Jill faded in the background and Bethany rose to fame. Juliet is funny and cute and very open about wanting to know people in the right places...Marissa is much more sly and underhanded about it. I hope the same thing Jill faced will come slamming down on Marissa's next party...

• Love 2

Smug doesn't look good on any woman and the way she treated Juliet over tea was just plain mean. "I'm not going to kiss you"? What the heck was that about? She sat there with her smug little face while Juliet tried to talk to her. I don't blame Juliet for wanting to have a home style Thanksgiving. All Marissa wants is to show off to her London friends what a fine party planner she is and the women all call her a social climber.  We've seen it before. 4th of July, etc. She likes to pat herself on the back a little too much. It reminds me of what happened to Bethany on RHONY when Jill did the very same thing. Look what happened to them. Bethany tried to work it out with Jill and Jill did the exact thing that Marissa did, she ignored her and refused to get past it.  Jill faded in the background and Bethany rose to fame. Juliet is funny and cute and very open about wanting to know people in the right places...Marissa is much more sly and underhanded about it. I hope the same thing Jill faced will come slamming down on Marissa's next party...

I have to agree with your comment about the smug look on Marissa's face.  She seemed so thrilled that Juliet had come crawling to her and seemed happy to say she just wanted to be 'f' instead of 'bff'.  It was awkward.  She could have felt that way but let the friendship die a natural death instead of being so gleefully abrupt about it.  I think Marissa wants to be top dog of the American group and Juliet's friendship with Caroline has been grating on her.  JMO

• Love 3

Orissa is unbelievably annoying. I feel like she thinks that she is the top of the pops because she married a British man and they have that restaurant or whatever. I just really hate how simpering she is and all the bullshit about just wanting to be a good person. In my experience, when you're a good person and do good things for people, you don't have to remind people about it constantly. I think that Juliet is a little pinched face troll, but at least you know what you're getting with her.

• Love 4

There's actually a semi-major outcry against Marissa going on at @bravotv's Instagram page tonight that was vaguely bemusing.

Bravo's IG announced a "Instagram Takeover" with Marissa today.

Seemed harmless enough and as a follower of theirs over there I've actually enjoyed a few fun random pics on these days here and there from various bravolebrities.

Most of them maybe post 2-3 pics tops, no biggie.

Anyways, Marissa posted no less than NINE pics of herself within 8 hours there. Not surprisingly, the commenters were not kind to her over such a complete and total ambush of bravo's feed like that. Because any decent Instagrammer knows that you don't clog feeds up like that, whether you're Nene Leakes or the Pope! Hell, even Paris Hilton knows not to post more than 6 IG pics a day!!

Needless to say, it really changed my former opinion of her. Not only is she a typical self-absorbed famewhore, but she really does have an abnormally high opinion of herself and what people think of her. But then again, this smug bitch was proud to pose with a giant wiener in her face in the London Times, so I shouldn't be so surprised.

• Love 1

It appears I am obsessed with this show.  I find Matt Hermer to be the most intriguing of the husbands, and want to see a little more of him and Marissa.  I think their day-to-day lives are probably the most interesting of this group, as they appear to work together in their restaurant business, and Matt actually lives full-time in London.  I don't like her as much this time around, she really put me off during the Juliet BFF or F dinner... but if they aren't dealing with housewife-like drama, she's ok.  She must have some hidden depths to have landed Matt.

I found their wedding pics:

http://nycweddingphotographer.com/blog/2010/07/03/matt-and-marissa-at-the-wollfer-estates-vineyard-in-southhampton/

• Love 3

Great pictures.  I loved seeing the one of Matt and Marissa signing the ketubah, a Jewish marriage contract.  They tend to be very ornate and pretty and I kept mine even though I've been divorced for more 10 years.

It appears I am obsessed with this show.  I find Matt Hermer to be the most intriguing of the husbands, and want to see a little more of him and Marissa.  I think their day-to-day lives are probably the most interesting of this group, as they appear to work together in their restaurant business, and Matt actually lives full-time in London.  I don't like her as much this time around, she really put me off during the Juliet BFF or F dinner... but if they aren't dealing with housewife-like drama, she's ok.  She must have some hidden depths to have landed Matt.

I found their wedding pics:

http://nycweddingpho...n-southhampton/

Wow, great find balshureen! I And thanks for sharing. Loved looking at the wedding album. What a beautifully done event. 

I tend to agree with you about Marissa. I find she and her husband rather interesting: their love, their businesses, their home, and their relationship. He reminds me of the Italian actor/director Roberto Benigni:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000905/?ref_=nv_sr_1

• Love 2