Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Watching the new episode and I like that they're showing more of Alexis. She didn't get a lot of screen time last year, but she is really pretty. I'm not sure where she stands regarding dance skill, but assuming she sticks around I could see her being a good fit for the front triangle.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, cardsfan720 said:

I think Natalie was in her early 30s when she made the squad.  She's one of my all-time favorites.  Beautiful, classy lady!

I really liked Natalie as well. :) She is beautiful, smart, well spoken and mature. That's more than I can say for a few of our current vets who lack that polished maturity.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

They’re mentioning the cover a lot. Wonder if they’ll surprise release it at the end of the episode?

It’s already been released according to this ordering site I found! Kelli made cover. 

5285480F-7999-47AC-8E55-83808E8FA19B.png

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Sarah99 said:

What in the...?

I've thought for years DCC and all of their resources SURELY can find better photo editors. I'm not saying Photoshop the girls within an inch of their life, but damn, some basic balancing and corrections would be nice.

Oh wait I’m taking a dump 

B363D9E3-2BB8-4A92-A97B-2AA743D444C5.jpeg

• Love 10
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yes.  In the big calendar even

It’s not in the big one... but is in the mini from the calendars I’ve seen up for pre order. Still.... it’s definitelt no bueno ??

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, jmarie said:

Dayton’s been to how many games but doesn’t know the opening dance ???

They didn't call her out, but I'm pretty sure VK was shown messing up too(there are so many blondes that look similar from far away but I'm pretty sure it was her). And I agree. that is one dance that they shouldn't be messing up on having grown up around it.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, lizzi6692 said:

They didn't call her out, but I'm pretty sure VK was shown messing up too(there are so many blondes that look similar from far away but I'm pretty sure it was her). And I agree. that is one dance that they shouldn't be messing up on having grown up around it.

I thought i noticed that. She definitely had mistakes. And overall looked a little sloppy/out of control. Maybe she was trying too hard to be big and bold? A lot have commented that that’s how she looks dancing. 

Edited by Kethomp
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

WTF???? Gonna aw Nose Nose Nose for dayssssssss so stop with the plastic. 

092718CA-A396-4C07-9781-55EB1F478611.jpeg

It is bad. I was so concentrated on the boobs I didn't even notice it that first time around.

Just now, Kethomp said:

I thought unnoticed that. She definitely had mistakes. And overall looked a little sloppy/out of control. Maybe she was trying too hard to be big and bold? A lot have commented that that’s how she looks dancing. 

The part I saw she was at least a count off from the people around her. And while that could be the cause, I think it's kind of ridiculous that Dayton got called in and she didn't. IMO from that clip Dayton didn't mess up more than VK did.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, lizzi6692 said:

The part I saw she was at least a count off from the people around her. And while that could be the cause, I think it's kind of ridiculous that Dayton got called in and she didn't. IMO from that clip Dayton didn't mess up more than VK did.

Totally agree! 

3 hours ago, lizzi6692 said:

Miranda posted this picture on twitter. If she has attempted to have her boobs fixed, it clearly wasn't done very well. The botched boob job is still pretty obvious.

DlTV5WGUcAAClad.jpg

That's Miranda?! I swear every picture I see of her she looks different

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Honestly feel bad for Savannah ...Kelli WTF is ur problem ??? Seriously why would you promote something like this.  This poor girl will NEVER live this down 

Poor Savannah! As if pulling her bottoms down isn’t bad enuf, her expression is far from sexy, more like RBF or maybe she has cramps??

• Love 5

Next week my second favorite episode, makeovers.      I love the first day of auditions, but I also love makeovers, and wish they showed more of them.    I hoping they show a lot of Jalyn's hair makeover, and do something about Brennan's (in my opinion) too light hair, and VK's over the top way too big hair.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Next week my second favorite episode, makeovers.      I love the first day of auditions, but I also love makeovers, and wish they showed more of them.    I hoping they show a lot of Jalyn's hair makeover, and do something about Brennan's (in my opinion) too light hair, and VK's over the top way too big hair.  

Like most seasons, they’ll do trims and baby highlights, curl it and call it a day. 

Kelli will pretend like it’s a drastic difference and makes the girls pop more. ?

• Love 9

I still can't get past the girl's who don't YouTube this video to have some sort of edge. Of course Brennan, Erin and Madeline would have an edge because they've been taught it before, but at least have the basic concept of the dance.

I can clearly see Dayton's cut was due to style, behavior (being late) and presumed attitude (I feel ya girl, I have RBF too). I'm not sure I 100% agree with this cut yet, because there is more to come, but I may find it justifiable. 

I cackled when I saw VK crying after the office visit---I'm sure a mean girl, but seriously, I hate her and I didn't even have to see her much this week. 

Why wasn't Kristen called into the office? And how did they not know M's history? Their stalking skills are failing. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

I still can't get past the girl's who don't YouTube this video to have some sort of edge. Of course Brennan, Erin and Madeline would have an edge because they've been taught it before, but at least have the basic concept of the dance.

I can clearly see Dayton's cut was due to style, behavior (being late) and presumed attitude (I feel ya girl, I have RBF too). I'm not sure I 100% agree with this cut yet, because there is more to come, but I may find it justifiable. 

I cackled when I saw VK crying after the office visit---I'm sure a mean girl, but seriously, I hate her and I didn't even have to see her much this week. 

But seriously, why wasn't Kristen called into the office? And how did they not know M's history? Their stalking skills are failing. 

Right? Also, do they do the same sideline/quarter change dances every year? Is it possible to find some of those? Especially for girls who know memory will be an issue...

• Love 2

After watching this episode, I think that Dayton never really wanted DCC to begin with but instead felt like it's what she "should" be doing and not what she wants to be doing. I know she has a more laid back attitude but it's coming across as like she doesn't care...I mean she was LATE to makeovers? HOW?

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, hereforthedrama said:

Poor Dayton...I feel like every week they're just going to show something that's "wrong" with her until she gets cut. :(

If she was late to makeovers I think her cut will be sooner rather than later. As we've seen in previous seasons, that is behavior Kelli has a pretty black and white stance on.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

After watching this episode, I think that Dayton never really wanted DCC to begin with but instead felt like it's what she "should" be doing and not what she wants to be doing. I know she has a more laid back attitude but it's coming across as like she doesn't care...I mean she was LATE to makeovers? HOW?

It's possible. It may also be that it's something she liked the idea of, but when reality hit, it wasn't what she actually wanted.

I think if DCC was Dayton's true path she'd still be in classes, trying to learn power and working on her memorization skills. I think the fact that she was happy enough to take a job dancing on a cruise ship with zero plans to come back speaks volumes. 

I still really like Dayton. If I were her age, I would have gravitated more towards her than VK, but I'm not sure the DCC is the right path for her.

That said, I'm still disgusted by Kelli's overt favoritism towards one and not the other. Even if I believe her cut was reasonable, I don't think it'll be enough for me to reverse how I feel about Kelli. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

WTF???? Gonna aw Nose Nose Nose for dayssssssss so stop with the plastic. 

092718CA-A396-4C07-9781-55EB1F478611.jpeg

Miranda doesn’t look anything like this in person. She’s beautiful in person and whoever took this photo should have their camera taken away. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

She took 20-30 hours a week for all of her teenage years, spent several weeks away at intensives every summer from the age of 12, honing her skills. This may not be her path, but she is talented or she would have never landed the RCL job. DCC is very different than studio/concert performance life. 

Well, look at Nicole H, Kelli, Jenn K, etc - there are a lot of talented ladies out there who had to learn the DCC style or who didn't make it to TC their first time.  Sydney, who's been dancing since she was how old, had to get help from Crystal.  It's just a different style, and then add to that learning so many dances - all while you are being followed by a camera.  

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

She took 20-30 hours a week for all of her teenage years, spent several weeks away at intensives every summer from the age of 12, honing her skills. This may not be her path, but she is talented or she would have never landed the RCL job. DCC is very different than studio/concert performance life. 

What is so different about DCC? Is it the style? 

Dayton is awesome... she’s going to have so much fun!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, PrincessLeia said:

Miranda doesn’t look anything like this in person. She’s beautiful in person and whoever took this photo should have their camera taken away. 

Remember that Star Magazine cover shot of Lauren?  She looked totally different.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

I love that you are on this forum and giving insight into the efforts that Dayton made to make this team. She seems like an amazing dancer with a bright future! 

• Love 17

It always amazes me that they take 60000 pics of the girls and still choose such bad ones for the calender. Maybe they need to hire someone with an expert, unbiased eye to choose them. 

Edited by Trixi
Spelling
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

What is so different about DCC? Is it the style? 

Dayton is awesome... she’s going to have so much fun!

Yes....style is more power/Pom, kind of it’s own beast. Dayton is classically trained - ballet, pointe, lyrical, contemporary & jazz. 

• Love 24