Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E22: One Day More

The squad is on high alert after an apparent threat is made on Riggs' life. With Murtaugh taking on more responsibility at work, he and Riggs have to deal with their changing relationship. Meanwhile, Trish gets caught up in some trouble and Molly asks Riggs to make a big decision about their future.

Season (Series?) Finale

• Love 1

I don't want them to split up Riggs and Murtaugh. It won't play right with him as the boss. They have made him too goofy this season to pull that off. Clayne has been a favorite of mine since Justified and Leverage. Hope the rumors of his bad behavior are blown out of proportion. 

• Love 3

I think they're just setting things up for a (possible) next season. Splitting up the dream-team (no pun intended) would make for an interesting cliff-hanger. But of course Murtaugh can't become permanent captain. That wouldn't work with the general formula of the show and it would be foolish to get rid of Avery.

Not sure Riggs really needed more family drama but here we are.

• Love 3

Well until the last few seconds, that certainly felt like a series finale. Heck, I guess even killing Riggs would work as a series finale. 

I was kind of fast forwarding through a few of the fight scenes and Riggs family drama since I really can't stand that drama.  Did Murtaugh pull out of the captain job? 

(edited)

While not quite "shoot Riggs in the face"  like I thought......

For a second there I thought they were actually going to go with Riggs leaves town for Texas happy ending.    Then I realized the show don't play like that.  More like shoot Riggs in the chest.  Wake up from coma with a shiny new body.   Ya know....like life.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

^I think that's it exactly. It will be touch and go, but a version of Riggs survives (while the Clayne Crawford version is apparently dead), thus paving the way for how the experience makes him a "whole new man". Insert meta jokes here. 

I have to confess that I haven't liked much of anything about this season. If they do recast and move forward, then it will be interesting to see how things progress, if they can recapture some of season one's glory, etc. 

That said, I do think ending on that particular note was a pretty crappy thing to do to the fans - the bts situation has been going on for apparently quite some time, so the notion that the show might not continue wouldn't be news to the producers, writers, etc., yet they chose to go that route for what could conceivably be the last scene we ever see from the show. Maybe it was their way of killing Crawford's version of the character and perhaps referencing how his behavior might have actually killed the entire show (which turns a blind eye to how the powers that be allowed things to devolve to this point in the first place, but I digress). Regardless, for me, it was an unpleasant way to cap off a less-than-satisfying (in my opinion) season. 

It will be interesting to see what happens next in this saga. 

• Love 3

Before the ending shooting, I thought they could have replaced either one the team of Riggs and Murtaugh. Riggs could leave for Texas or stay in LA with a new partner and  Murtaugh could be the Captain. This season was way too dark for a buddy cop TV series.

11 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Before the ending shooting, I thought they could have replaced either one the team of Riggs and Murtaugh. Riggs could leave for Texas or stay in LA with a new partner and  Murtaugh could be the Captain. This season was way too dark for a buddy cop TV series.

I was wondering how they would deal with Murtaugh being captain, too. I haven't watched the whole season, but that must be part of the reason they had them off with other officers: if they wanted to see how a recast might go/new partners. 

• Love 1

I didn't accept that ending, much  less expected. I've read about him having ego problems, but even to the extent of his co-workers? Getting shot from his step brother was way out of the wall for me. Only last weeks show, he was complaining to Riggs that 'they' made me do it", as he was carrying the money, and Riggs visiting him in the hospital, and now he comes around to shoot him? This finale was a real tense one...you wanted Riggs to kill his father, and I hope that is the end of his character, it certainly looked like it. BTW, how did the brother know where Riggs was at the Cemetary?

• Love 2

After two episodes, I tuned out this season.

Something felt off, boy was it ever!

Damon refuses to accept that Roger is the straight guy to Riggs's loose cannon.

That's why season one was so entertaining.

After his on set injury, he refused to do any stunts.

Guess that's why he's Captain and Kevin Rahm is probably out of a job.

From what I've seen, the cast supported Clayne.

Notably Keesha Sharp, that spoke volumes to me.

With that said, I think Damon pulled rank, issued an ultimatum and got Clayne fired.

He was RT articles announcing Clayne's ousting on Twitter.

Also comments from fans siding with him and happy about his dismissal.

• Love 2
(edited)

Going into the finale I didn't know anything about the fate of the show, Riggs, or Crawford, so now that I've read up it does explain a few things.

But something I could not puzzle out is why there was a hit on Roger. Attorney guy is laundering money, using Trish's accounts. How does that lead to them trying to kill her husband? Does it have something to do with him becoming captain?

Edited by snarktini
  • Love 3
(edited)

Finally got to watch the finale, which I thought was a really great episode. It makes me really sad that the show I loved these past two years won't be back. I don't suppose there's any way they'll have Riggs survive and say he went back to Texas after all? Because season 3 is going to be a real downer if Riggs' last words to Rog were, "Thanks for saving my life," and then he dies fifteen minutes later...

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Finally got to watch the finale, which I thought was a really great episode. It makes me really sad that the show I loved these past two years won't be back. I don't suppose there's any way they'll have Riggs survive and say he went back to Texas after all? Because season 3 is going to be a real downer if Riggs' last words to Rog were, "Thanks for saving my life," and then he dies fifteen minutes later...

I agree and I can't even bring myself to watch it. I'm sad.