Type keyword(s) to search

Victoria "Vic" Moretti

(edited)

I love Katee Sackhoff, and I appreciate that she is really selling her character, but Vic is starting to bug me. I want the character to go somewhere different than the direction the books took, and I keep hoping they won't drag her down that path on the show. But the way she looks at Walt... no, just stop. Ugh.

Edited by RandomMe
  • Love 3

I'm starting to watch this series on Netflix, and I really want to like the show, but I'm two episodes in, and I can't stand Vic.  Which stinks because the rest of the show seems good.  I like all the other characters, I love Lou Diamond Phillips, I like the stories/plots.  But I really dislike the Vic character and so its becoming a distraction to watch the show because almost everytime she is on screen I get annoyed.  So, ultimately my question is twofold.  First - am I alone here, did everyone else like the Vick character from the word "go?"  Second - if you didn't like her character from the word "go", does she get any less annoying as time goes by?  Sometimes characters that really annoy me mellow out after a season or two, and if thats the case I can just tough it out, or start in season 2, but if she is always this way I gotta find another show.

• Love 2

I couldn't stand Vic from the start.  I don't know how many episodes you've seen thus far, and I don't want to spoil things, so I'll just leave it at that.  The only other thing I'll say is, don't let the dislike for Vic stop you from watching the rest of the episodes.

• Love 2
She jumps too fast and doesn't use common sense.  She's the type that says - See me, see me!

Plus, she thinks she is such a badass.  I just loved it when she was itching to get in the ring with that female MMA fighter--and got her ass kicked.

• Love 1

I want to like Vic but her adulterous infatuation with Walt really derails the character for me. I cringe every time we get a Vic/Walt ship moment. I wish Vic would just get a divorce already. Do these two have a romantic relationship in the books? Someone spoil me, please.

• Love 1
(edited)

I seem to remember over on TWoP someone saying that in the books they really did hook up.*  If so, I truly hope they don't follow the books because I won't be able to stand that.  

Good because the ragging on Vic on the main episode threads has gotten old real fast as are the relentless attacks on the woman in any potential relationship while going easy on the man.

Oh, I think Walt is a doofus when it comes to Vic, and his supposed "cluelessness" is annoying me to no end; he knows what's up and he certainly knows she's  married.  I just hope the writers don't go there.  Plus, I liked Lizzie, even though I thought she was trying too hard.

However, my overall annoyance with Vic has nothing to do with Walt.  I just don't like her (as I've commented in her thread).

*Edit:  I googled some of the reviews of the books and, alas, it does appear that they get together.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1

I'm not sure it's fair to suggest that those of us who disagree with the potential Walt, Vic relationship are doing it ust because we want to rag on Vic.  I, for one, am not crazy about her character - that is true.  However, why I really don't want them together is because (my personal view) of the lack of chemistry between them, sexually or otherwise.  I know that I am in the minority on that because most watchers do seem to like the father, daughter  relationship that they have built up on the show. I don't even care for that but, as I have mentioned, that is my personal view. 

As for Vic herself, it has been said her character is much better in the books.  I haven't read them so I can't attest to that.  I can only go by what I've seen.  In the first season, I really didn't mind her.  She seemed strong with just enough personal issues.  That was fine with me as sometimes the "strong, smart woman" can become just as cliched and boring.  I'm not really sure why I started to dislike her more last season, but she just was striking my last nerve.  I honestly think the boring stalker case did not do her character justice.  It should have showed her vunerabilities, but also her strengths.  For whatever reason, though, she just became more unlikeable to me.  Unfortunately, that has carried over to this season with the  possible Vic, Walt hook up.  (As an aside, that scene in the bathroom where she was looking at Walt's scars almost as a turn on started the character off on a bad note for me.)

• Love 1
(edited)
Good because the ragging on Vic on the main episode threads has gotten old real fast as are the relentless attacks on the woman in any potential relationship while going easy on the man.

If Vic and Walt hook up on the show, they're both idiots. But it's not Walt's job to make sure Vic keeps her wedding vows. That's entirely on her. She doesn't like her marriage? Get counseling or a divorce. But don't expect me to feel sorry for her or cut her any slack if she cheats. With anybody.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I googled some of the reviews of the books and, alas, it does appear that they get together.

Geez, really? I was hoping it didn't happen in the books. I hope the writers take Vic take through divorce before anything romantic happens.  It would be even better if Vic was single for awhile or dated other men before Walt. 

Some of the reviews suggest that there was an "intimacy" between them, but I didn't read anything about how long this lasted.  I agree that if she does get a divorce, it would be more interesting if she stayed single or dated someone besides Walt.  Plus, I can't imagine Walt being comfortable in a work situation with her if they're an item.  I think she could handle it, but I don't think he could. 

There was something about her, or maybe it's Katie Sackhoff herself, that turned me off Vic from the start.  However, I really started to dislike her when she hid Lizzie's gift to Walt from him (or did she throw it in the trash?  I forget).

I couldn't stand Vic from the start.  I don't know how many episodes you've seen thus far, and I don't want to spoil things, so I'll just leave it at that.  The only other thing I'll say is, don't let the dislike for Vic stop you from watching the rest of the episodes.

Thank you, I'm crossing my fingers for a "long walk off a short cliff" scenario, but it almost seems too much to hope for.

Yes, Walt and Vic do "the deed" in the books.  I don't think Vic is married in the books.  But, remember, there's no Branch in the books.  Point is: the TV show seems to be heading in its own direction.

I think the TV Vic started out okay.  Young energetic.  Big eastern city (Philly).  She could be the perfect offset for the western ways.  She could be "used" as a way for the writers to let Walt explain the Indian ways, or the cowboy ways, or the rancher ways.  That'd be useful for the audience.  In other words, it would give Walt an opportunity to educate Vic and the viewers about all the arcane western stuff.

I think the actress is attractive, and I think she has a natural chemistry with Robert Taylor.  I've bounced around a few forums, and it's interesting: I've not seen anyone in favor of them hooking up.  That's not to say that there isn't someone out there who is.

I'd like to think we have enough subject matter to deal with instead of having the leads hook up.  I mean -- how often does that work out well?  This show can tell a pretty good -- and different -- story.  We don't need soap opera.

• Love 2

I find Vic just plain and unattractive with kind of an abrasive personality.  IMO, Walt seems more like a concerned dad than romantically/sexually interested in Vic,  BTW, what happened to Lizzie (she's the ditzy blonde, right?)?

• Love 1
BTW, what happened to Lizzie (she's the ditzy blonde, right?)?

Lizzie basically broke up with Walt after she found Vic staying at his place last season when she was dealing with her stalker. I don't believe they've shown Lizzie since then.

I don't mind Vic so much as a character (though I cringed at her behavior at the pageant). I do think however that this is a place they should diverge from the books, at least, in regards to her and Walt hooking up. They didn't seem to have that kind of chemistry or relationship dynamic until the writers started to hit us over the head with it (Vic hiding Lizzie's present to Walt even though she tried to get him to ask Lizzie out in the first place, for example). When Lizzie finds Vic at Walt's, she even makes some comment about how she thought there were feelings there - I'd like that to have actually been shown instead of told to us. While I think they've tried to put some kind of foundation down on Vic's end (the gift incident, telling Walt while drugged that he's a real man unlike Sean in the episode she went hunting with Omar), as far as I could see we saw NO reciprocation from Walt at all. I don't think it works organically.

(edited)

I think the show is mostly Walt's POV so since he didn't see any intimacy with Vic, we didn't see it. It's only after Lizzie gives him a clue that we see there is something there, at least on her part and him distancing himself from her. I think it's interesting because we don't yet know if he's attracted or what his reasons are for the distancing. She works for him so there's that reason. He is clearly not ready for a relationship until he resolves the wife's murder. Speaking of that, it doesn't bug me that we don't know the wife, she is just the reason to make Walt suffer, as was Henry's frame up. Now that Walt has clued in to that he has a direction and more reason not to get involved with Vic or anyone. 

*remainder moved to episode thread.

Edited by thewhiteowl

Vic is getting on my last nerve this season.  They've turned her into an insufferable nag.  She's too much of a foot soldier, with no brains, and she's only lady-drama generator.

I liked her in the beginning, there was more cleverness to her role.  Character-wise... I can't imagine any reason why Walt wouldn't be completely put off by woman such as Vic, she's the opposite of what his "type" ought to be.

• Love 1

In my opinion, the actress drew a lot of people to this show that might not have otherwise given it a shot.  That's a good thing.  But then I think the writers got hung up on the fact that in the book Vic and Walt are an item.  So the writers didn't know what to do.  For the first season or so, the character was pretty good -- she was a fairly good police-person and added that humor that comes naturally when someone's a fish out of water.  (A cop from big-city Philly in the mountains of Wyoming!?!?!)

But then, things start going off track when Vic hid the gift from Lizzie.  That was childish and inexcusable.  There was never an explanation AND Walt never made her give him one.  (So, he's an enabler.)  From there, it slid downhill.  Then came Gorsky.

I vaguely remember that in the beginning, Vic had actually encouraged Walt to date Lizzie.  So how did she go from that to hiding Lizzie's gift?  Did it slowly begin to dawn on her that she wanted Walt?  If that's the case, then the writers did a pretty poor job of showing us the evolution of her feelings towards him.  At any rate, the writers have not done her character justice this season because I just hate her now.   I'm even more disgusted with Walt, because he pretends to be clueless about the whole thing. 

There was something about her, or maybe it's Katie Sackhoff herself, that turned me off Vic from the start.  

I actually quit watching the show in the second season, but it wasn't because I disliked Vic, or Walt, I actually liked the cast and I'm glad to see it's still doing well.  It was just the genre didn't really catch me and since I was unlikely to read the books, I just let it go on without me.  However, I had started watching it -- despite knowing that the premise was one that I was hit-or-miss with in the past -- because Katee Sackhoff was in it.  

I loved her as Kara Thrace on BSG, but fully admit that Kara was a really difficult character to watch.  By the end of the series she was damned near impossible to play too as even Katee Sackhoff didn't know "what" Kara was (long story, she was sort of the risen dead, but even the character didn't know that, leaving the actor in a nightmare "good luck figuring this out" no man's land).  Sackhoff did a great job with increasingly baffling material and I wanted her next gig to go well.  Looks like it did and continues to do so, but I did notice that Vic was not particularly catching me, specifically because of the ill-advised shipper vibes.  

Sackhoff is someone I enjoy, but she isn't a formerly trained actor, she's very naturalistic as a result.  It's part of what gave Kara Thrace a TON of raw emotional power and she doesn't hold back.  There's very little that is stiff or calculated in her performances ,she plays things from the gut, and unfortunately, in my opinion that means when a character she's playing has to do something that is emotionally muddy (like hiding that gift), she tends to show the heart behind the action (the raw emotion) vs. the intellectual questioning.  I think most grown women would have been mortified on their own behalf about hiding that gift and the guilt as well as the self-insight of "What are we in eighth grade here?" self-knowledge would temper that.  

This is just my opinion, but when Sackhoff is asked to do something with raw emotional  power, she can blow the doors off the barn in terms of how much emotional resonance she can bring to the moment.  There were times on BSG I didn't like Kara at all (and by the way, Katee Sackhoff admitted that there were times she could not STAND Kara and how hurtful and angry she was) , but Sackhoff could still gut-punch me without my having really granted the character permission to do so.  

However, she doesn't play subdued emotional complexity.  She's not a quiet kind of actor, and tends to sort of wear the character heart on her acting sleeve.  Then, for me here on Longmire as Vic, that trait combined with a couple of odd visuals.  She looks young enough to be Walt's daughter, and she actually looks younger (to my eye) than the actor who plays Walt's actual in-show daughter.  So the shipping-vibe had an unseemly edge to it, but Sackhoff's particular performance style really had her committing the character heart to that pull.  

Bottom line, it started to feel  a little bit icky to me, but beyond that, Katee Sackhoff, in the right role, can tear my heart out and make me sob floods, but that emotional accessibility actually seemed at odds with character of Vic, just because cops tend to be a little better at detachment and guarding their emotional response system.  

So that's just a long way to say that I think it likely is the actor for some, it was for me, but not in the "I can't stand that performer!" way.  I was and remain super fond of Katee Sackhoff and I wish great things for her.  One is that whatever her next project might be, that it is slightly better suited to her strengths as an actor.  

Ultimately I still really liked the actor, but had to admit that for my part, I thought she was miscast here.  I'm glad she's got a paying gig and long may it continue for the sake of her bank account, but that was my feeling on Vic.  

• Love 2

I was, in the beginning, very optimistic about Vic.  She was new to the geographic area and came from a big city; I empathised with her because I live in a big city and can't image living somewhere so rural.  I don't even drive so I wouldn't do well in an area that far from public transit!  I thought I would get to know the modern American west largely through Vic.  She would question things that seem normal to Walt and Branch and Ferg.  I thought she would be able to work with Matthias more effectively than Walt because of the bad feelings between the two men. 

I also liked that she was married.  I thought it would take workplace Unresolved Sexual Tension off the table.  Walt was grieving and then he met Lizzy.  Branch was involved with Cady.  Ferg's personal life appears to be his own business.  I don't like the idea of an office romance on this show because the cast is small and dating among themselves makes their world smaller.  Vic's world, in particular, became very small.  She rarely investigates without Walt and now she may be dating him as well.  It's made her less interesting to me.

• Love 1

I think the writers have messed with all the characters this season. The plots are too inward-focused. I don't understand this but it seems to be a trend. It must be easier to write.

In Longmore the main characters, who began season 1 with sympathy, cleverness, and sly humor, are this season week after week shot, drugged, falsely imprisoned, and variously brutalized. Then, exhausted, they set upon each other. They're all traumatized and feeling betrayed by their coworkers and in Vic's case by her spouse. Henry had zen detachment and a dry wit--you got the feeling nothing would faze him. Even Ferg who has escaped the physical mayhem thus far is angry. So I don't see a particular change in Vic, moreso than in the other characters.

As far as shipping with Walt, it may be in the books but would be nice if they do not feel the need to follow the books. Why should they? My objection however isn't the age difference--which I think is a prejudice whose popularity among otherwise liberal-minded people never ceases to surprise me, as it's consenting adults after all. Rather my objection is that the world in that office is already small, and workplace romances add more inward focus when they should be working together, out solving damn cases.

We might prefer it not to happen but it does seem pretty natural as both characters are several degrees of wonderful in spite of recent misguided and miserable plots.

I think it's pressure to "up the stakes", to make shows darker and more gritty. Not sure where this comes from though. Maybe it's cheaper, the season-long version of a "bottle episode"--they don't have to hire as many guests, and can re-use existing sets? I mentioned elsewhere that the same thing has happened in Suits, which in this sense is Longmire in The City--the once witty and nimble team that worked together is all at each other's throats now too, and there are similar negative reactions to the character of Rachel.

Edited by fauntleroy
  • Love 1

@stillshimpy! I remember your super thoughtful and interesting posts from TWOP--so glad to see you here too at PTV!

I'm about the biggest Sackhoff fan you'll find. She knocked me out in BSG (and actually in the short-lived, not very good Bionic Woman which I watched before BSG--if that show had made Sackhoff the lead instead of the villain -- it might still be running). I was excited to see her get a solid gig with a great cast on a respected cable network. I read the books, and was VERY excited for Vic, who is actually very Starbuck-like in personality on the page. So I couldn't have been more excited for Longmire before it launched and even through most of S1 I remained optimistic.

But when the show gave her nothing to do but be Walt's sidekick AND chose to show her up as incompetent detective several times so that Walt could be always right (a problem that's magnified on a larger scale as a problem with the show in general), I started losing interest. (There were other reasons too, but mainly I didn't care for how procedural the show was and how little character development and bonding there was---this problem was compounded as the seasons progressed.) The Vic on the screen was a pale shadow of the Vic in the books, minimized and downplayed so as not to pull focus from Walt. 

Then this season they finally, finally gave Katee some emotions to play (and she acted the hell out of the kidnapping episode), but they also made Vic pretty unsympathetic and unlikable in the process. Who turns their back on their civilian husband of several years who has just been kidnapped and assaulted to run after the sheriff who never seems to be in any kind of danger anyway? Who, upon being served divorce papers, doesn't even take a breath before asking for a pen? That's pretty cold. And all for a man who barely kind of gives you the time of day.

I agree that she looks way too young to be RT's love interest on an aesthetic level, AND that since there's no equal power balance between them, I'm not looking forward to when it inevitably gets romantic between them. I did not appreciate the "You punching me in the face is the best thing that's happened to me all week" bit, even though it's meant as a joke. I just don't see how these two can have a serious relationship when he gives her so little and she has such a major case of hero worship. (It only works in the books because Vic isn't there that much--and the relationship is treated very casually at least for the first six or seven novels.)

I think she could be a great Vic, if Vic was the fireball she is in the books. Here she's watered-down and forced to play nag/tagalong to Walt. (It's a show that's so heavy on machismo that the female characters and beta male Ferg get almost nothing to do.) Her personal storylines are always about her romantic life--(what was all that stalker nonsense for? It fizzled into nothing!) I would've loved to see her get some of the storylines they gave Branch. Sackhoff is especially good at bringing a menacing authority to her roles--she rarely gets that opportunity here though and it's a real shame. 

If it comes back, I'd love to see her facing off with Mathias and Nighthorse more. Or better yet, get her own season-long mystery to solve that has truly nothing to do with Walt. (Like Branch and Henry have had to some degree.)

• Love 3

I had never seen Katee Sackhoff before Longmire.  What I've seen from her as an actress, especially this season, is someone who acts like a sullen, snarky teenager when she's supposed to be doing her job.  For example, last night when she busted Nighthorse's tail light was just so juvenile and unnecessary.  I don't like Nighthorse at all, but I was actually kind of pissed of on his behalf. 

So, in short, she might have been a great actress in other roles, but I've been underwhelmed with her in this role.

Plus, she thinks she is such a badass.  I just loved it when she was itching to get in the ring with that female MMA fighter--and got her ass kicked.

The badass part was that she knew she was going to get her ass kicked.  She wanted to get the other boxer to talk.

• Love 1

Taragel!  Good to see you!  I remember you from TWoP and we PM'd about BSG a couple of times too.  Glad that you also migrated, seeing as I'm like the death and taxes of TV programming (kind of inevitable in several premises) I'm sure we'll bump into each other again, despite how big the 'net is, where there is Sackhoff? We'll be there, at least on and off, if not always.  

But I think you really summed up what started to not catch me about Katee Sackhoff in this role:  She's too much the sidekick to what seems an onscreen celebration of all things macho and Walt, while an interesting character (and I love the actor) is absolutely a type.  The actor is so good at playing that type that I nearly fell over when I saw him interviewed and he's Australian.  He's so good at playing Walt, that I paid him the ultimate compliment without realizing it -- I assumed he was just playing himself (i.e.  a real flesh and blood person).  I was wrong and he rocks hardcore in the role.  

Unfortunately that doesn't mean that the role speaks to me other than recognizing how flawlessly he executes it.  

I will pretty much ALWAYS show up watch something with any of the BSG folks in it.  I even watched that strange magic-precinct show that was only available online because it was a pilot that didn't get an order and I also watched almost an entire episode of Killer Women until my heart hurt so much for how little Tricia Helfer was being asked to do in the role.  

The only one I haven't watched is Bamber's version of Law and Order and that's only because it hasn't been available to stream.  

Also?  Yes, Katee Sackhoff ruled on that ill-fated remake of BW.  Michelle Ryan, heaven help her, wisely returned to her native shores and presumably tries to forget her time in it.  So like you, I was disappointed with the structure of the role and the emphasis of it and that's without the context of the books.  I am so glad she has a steadily paying gig though.  I just think it needs to march on without me, because whereas I like the lead in this show as an actor, the character of Walt felt too nostalgic for things I am glad we have tried to move past as a world. The emotionally inexpressive ,macho lawman with his hat always pulled down and his heart always hidden concealing his secret pain, manfully, of course, mainly by doing manly stuff....like drinking to excess and throwing punches.  He gives a flawless portrayal and one that adds layers to that too-simplistic description I just assigned to him, but by the same token, this is a character I've met before.  

I am so used to Katee Sackhoff being able to effortlessly pull focus, but the focus the writing for Vic provided was ....well, problematic for all the reasons you've outlined.  

@stillshimpy Yes! So good to see you too! (As for other BSG roles, I've seen everything too, lol. Or at least everything with Katee in it or Jamie Bamber--and there's been some terrible stuff. BUT-- Jamie's The Smoke? Which only aired in the UK? Was really phenomenal. He did his best work ever in it, too. I know it's on DVD but if it ever makes it to Netflix or Hulu, check it out!

But back on topic: Yeah. Sigh. Longmire will never be the show I hoped it could be and I just have to resign myself to that. I'll keep watching out of loyalty to the cast if it gets renewed, but it's so frustrating because it could be so much better in some ways!

This will contain spoilers.

The character of Vic Moretti confounds me. I'm not sure if it's the way the character is written or performed. I know there are fans of the character from the book series. I've read four or five of the novels and I'm not impressed with her constant use of profanity. I'm not really a fan of the relationship between Walt and Vic in the books. I may be prejudiced about the character and I don't mind admitting it. I don't understand the character on the TV series. Vic is suppose to be a former Philly homicide detective. Supposedly smart , capable and forward thinking in police procedures. She should be tough and empowered. She moved to Absaroka County due to her husband's job. We are led to believe that the transition to a small town has not been easy, she made the sacrifice but the marriage is shaky. Vic, occasionally sleeps in the jail cell, because of their arguments. When the TV show opens, she has only been in the Sheriff's department for six months.

The TV show wants to portray her as a tough, independent law enforcement professional. On the show, however, Vic rarely investigates on her own. She is always paired with Walt. He acts as her mentor even though she is a former detective. Walt solves nearly everything. Even Branch did his own investigation and solved a crime. She is hot tempered and usually makes inappropriate comments or cringeworthy actions. I still cringe at the scene of Vic walking and screaming through the Native American dancers' performance in the Miss Cheyenne episode. It was probably played for laughs but seemed very disrespectful on a show that is revered for its treatment of the Native American community and culture. In that episode, she leaves a crime scene unattended in order to find Walt. As a law enforcement officer, her objective is to serve and protect the public. Vic was aware of Branch's actions. He was a danger to himself and the public due to his severe PTSD. She waited weeks to report his behavior to Walt and only after she didn't get the reaction she wanted from Walt when her husband insisted she quit after their hostage situation. If she had acted sooner or as she was suppose too, there may have been a different outcome.

Her marriage is inconsistently portrayed. In one scene there is tension. She says her husband isn't a man because he is contemplating another transfer. In another scene, there is marital bliss. She blames her husband's job for being stuck in a small town yet we find out later the job transfer was to protect her. Also, we find out that Vic's marriage was a "rebound" relationship. She was escaping a toxic relationship with a married man and married Sean to get away. The relationship with Ed Gorski caused major upheaval in her life. Pretending to be on police calls while actually trysting with her lover, not good. Involved with a married detective and after ending the relationship, married another man on the rebound. I believe the Longmire writers realized that they were not portraying their leading lady in the best light and tried to ret-con the backstory. It didn't help that they gave more than one reason for Vic ending her relationship with Gorski and it had nothing to do with his being married. Prelude to moving to Wyoming, Vic turned in her former lover's partner to Internal Affairs. As a result, this detective committed suicide. She became the victim of harassment and threats, especially from her former lover. To protect her, Vic's husband Sean, put in for a transfer. They were supposedly in hiding from the Philly PD, yet they didn't change their names or professions but felt that dying Vic's hair blonde would be the ultimate disguise. When she is found and harassed again, she doesn't bother to inform her husband of potential danger. Why doesn't she tell Sean? She doesn't care about him because she's in love with her boss.

IMO, Vic has always obvious in her feelings for Walt. It was obvious to her husband, Walt's girlfriend, Lizzie, actually most everyone but Walt. Walt never showed obvious feelings for Vic. I think he cared for all of deputies and felt responsible for them. He seemed uncomfortable with her overtures. The view that Walt saving Vic and Sean from Chance Gilbert was a declaration of his love seems a fit far fetched. Walt also saved Branch by driving to the reservation and carrying him to medical treatment. He would try to save Ferg too. Since Chance Gilbert was a potential suspect in Martha's murder, Walt had another reason to go after him. Walt denied any romantic, extramarital feelings for Vic. In fact, he kept pushing her to talk with her husband and work at her marriage. Vic's later comments that Walt never encouraged her to stay in her marriage were false. She was like a high school cheerleader with a crush on the school's star quarterback. In fact, barely a few weeks after signing divorce papers, she's showing up at Walt's cabin with even more buttons undone and a six pack of beer. Then the hookup in season 4. Who is this character suppose to be. Is she someone to root for?

I think Katee Sackhoff's description in the Oh So Gray interview sums it up best. Vic has an unrequited crush on her boss but needs to not be defined by the men in her life. She needs to portray as capable and intelligent.

http://ohsogray.com/?p=4983

• Love 1

Strictly speaking on the Vic personality, I've noticed one major  trait that gets under my skin.  She is one nosy bit**.  If you notice, as soon as Walt comes roaring through the sheriff's office, she demands to know what's going on, or who was on the phone, where he's going, etc.  I wish Walt just say, "Vic, do your job!"   I have never been able to like her.

And to Vic, I say "Get a shirt that fits!"  We know you have boobs.  If you want to be treated as an equal with the other deputies, at least  stop swinging  your hips like a past prime runway model.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh, lord. I recently started watching and am a couple episodes into season 4. That's terrible news about the hook-up.

I don't dislike Vic as a character but neither do I find her compelling. Her sloppy, cleavage-busting uniform bugs me, but Walt sets a terrible example for that himself.

I'm trying to figure out why the thought of Vic and Walt starting a romance is so distasteful to me -- maybe because Vic was so moony and possessive of Walt from the jump while he remained obsessed with and devastated by Martha's death. Step off, Vic! Jeez.

I also think Walt is unkind, thoughtless, and terse past the point of rudeness. What's there to like about him, again?

Even now that Vic's divorced and Walt is getting past the worst of his grief, I'm still going to have to fast-forward though any scenes of them being sexual together.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 1

Vic has grown on me a bit over the seasons but I definitely do not want this to follow the book and have Vic and Walt end up together.  It's not the age thing, I just don't see any chemistry between them.  

I did have to laugh when the real sheriff of one of the counties in Wyoming (during Longmire Days) said that Vic was expected to report to work the next morning but would have to button up her shirt.

• Love 1

Huge Longmire fan, watched all 5 seasons.. can't wait until season 6

*spoilers*

So I was thinking we never really see travis and Vic hook up, we only see it through a flashback.... so I was thinking what if Walt and vic hooked up (so for them being a couple.. #longvic .. I ship it ) but we didn't see it on screen, so therefore her baby could be Walts? Might show us a flashback or something in season 6 (I hope so)