Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E18: Rebound

• Start Topic

So much nose-sticking where it doesn't belong from Donna and Kelly in this episode. But even with all that, the moment that most made me cringe-scowl was Donna's silent "hying" when Noah and David made up and shook hands. That's right: a Silent Hying. I will accept corrections on the spelling.

• Love 3

I loved the wedding dress, but can’t figure out why the bridesmaids dresses were so godawful, unless they were too cheap to do alterations for characters shown for a few minutes. The puff sleeve and ill-fitting bodice situation was painful.

I loved the wedding dress, but can’t figure out why the bridesmaids dresses were so godawful

Seriously!  Even for the year this episode was in, 1998, those dresses are WAY outdated.  By about 12-15 years I would say.  

I wish someone would choke David and Brandon with their chain-link and double, dainty necklaces (respectively).

• Love 1

Seriously!  Even for the year this episode was in, 1998, those dresses are WAY outdated.  By about 12-15 years I would say.

Not by so much, I'd say. In terms of fashion/pop culture, the 80s didn't end until 1992 and there was plenty of holdover thru 1994. 

And there were also plenty of people over 40 who kept their 80s lewks for the rest of the decade. 

So, the dresses would've been acceptable for a wedding as far as 1994 (especially a budget one), but 1998? Yeah, no. 

• Love 1

Kelly is the worst. You're not a doctor!!!! 

On 17/04/2018 at 12:41 PM, MCMLXXVII said:

I loved the wedding dress, but can’t figure out why the bridesmaids dresses were so godawful, unless they were too cheap to do alterations for characters shown for a few minutes. The puff sleeve and ill-fitting bodice situation was painful.

I knew a bride who made sure that her bridesmaids had bad dresses,  so she could look good.  Suffice to say about 2 of them don't talk to the bride anymore. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kimmykun said:

So, the dresses would've been acceptable for a wedding as far as 1994 (especially a budget one), but 1998? Yeah, no. 

Right, and this was over a year after the Bessette-Kennedy wedding (Sept. ‘96) which led to a more minimalist trend. 

• Love 1

I loved the wedding dress, but can’t figure out why the bridesmaids dresses were so godawful

Seriously!  Even for the year this episode was in, 1998, those dresses are WAY outdated.  By about 12-15 years I would say.  

I wish someone would choke David and Brandon with their chain-link and double, dainty necklaces (respectively).

My friend got married in 1998 and I remember she was so excited about our dresses. They were thees long maroon numbers that were fitted on top and had an organza overlay. Very basic but I guess at the time they weren't hideous like these monsters. I think some brides really liked the idea of having a dress a gal could use again.
To be fair, I did wear that dress one other time for a holiday party.

15 hours ago, CarmenMacCodykins said:

So why would she have the expectation that Steve is supposed a big womanizer?

Steve's always been known to flirt shamelessly with other women, even when he was in a relationship.  He always flirts with Kelly.  He flirt with Leslie while with Celeste when they started college.  He flirted with some random chick at a pool party while he was with Claire at the beginning of senior year which precipitated their breakup when she dated Dick.  So even though Janet only knew him for five minutes, he hasn't really changed his stripes or his penchant for flirting so she probably saw it pretty quickly.

Edited by Earmuffs Mom
typo
  • Love 2