Type keyword(s) to search

Taken Season 2 All Episodes Talk

Drogo

Bryan Mills fights for his life inside a secret Mexican prison and plans a series of dangerous deals to put him on track for escape to the United States. But plans change when Mills and a young migrant girl are taken by human traffickers. Meanwhile, Christina Hart leverages her spycraft skills to obtain powerful new software that could locate Mills, and enlists two unlikely allies to aid in her mission to bring Mills home.

Since the ensemble that played the team were very very good, and now apparently our very very gone, I'm not watching this reboot of a pre-boot unless it gets very very genuine raves.  So, probably not.  Pity, that was a good cast, and the characters were written really well.

• Love 1

I really like this show and am glad it's back. I love that Mills is a kickass who can get out of any predicament and solve any problem on the fly. (If only all men were like that ... dream on, I know.) I can hand wave the plot holes in this show while I snark on and think, "Yeah, right," about plot holes in other shows (Blacklist, Blindspot). I don't care if the original team comes back or not since I never got to know any of them, I just remember one guy was a ginger and that's it. I love Jennifer Beales, she is compelling in everything I've seen her in. As for this being a prequel to the Liam movies, that doesn't even figure into how I watch this show. I just hope Mills doesn't get all verklempt about some random female AGAIN. And the IT guy needs to meet Patterson and RichDotCom. Maybe do a spinoff. I'd watch that, too.

• Love 4
On 1/13/2018 at 0:15 AM, themadman said:

So the whole team from Season 1 is out? And just two people + tech guy now? Must be some serious budget cuts.

I don't know maybe The Brave came in as a finished project late as the original team looked just like the team on that show, minus a female on the primary shooting team. You would have had two shows that looked exactly the same except one boss had blond hair. I guess since the movies had Bryan basically alone Taken was the one most likely to be rebooted.

Bryan following beads on the side of the road after a rifleman casually walks up to him, handcuffed or not why. He didn't fight them causing a want for revenge or anything personal. He just needed it to happen for a plot god looking after him to make the plan work.

On 1/13/2018 at 11:10 AM, saber5055 said:

I really like this show and am glad it's back. I love that Mills is a kickass who can get out of any predicament and solve any problem on the fly. (If only all men were like that ... dream on, I know.) I can hand wave the plot holes in this show while I snark on and think, "Yeah, right," about plot holes in other shows (Blacklist, Blindspot). I don't care if the original team comes back or not since I never got to know any of them, I just remember one guy was a ginger and that's it. I love Jennifer Beales, she is compelling in everything I've seen her in. As for this being a prequel to the Liam movies, that doesn't even figure into how I watch this show. I just hope Mills doesn't get all verklempt about some random female AGAIN. And the IT guy needs to meet Patterson and RichDotCom. Maybe do a spinoff. I'd watch that, too.

From your lips to NBC's ears!

I gave up on The Blacklist last season, right before two part season finale - that was how much I couldn't handle the crazy on that show! (Did it get better...and by "better", does Aram finally have more screen time or take his shirt off in every episode?)

Is it as good as Blindspot & Taken?

• Love 1
On 1/16/2018 at 1:56 AM, AnimeMania said:

I think they wanted the team to focus on Human Trafficking, so that the show would seem more like the movies. Otherwise the viewers would never be able to figure out how he got "a particular set of skills". 

The thing is the show presented us with a man who already had the particular  set of skills thanks to US Army Special Forces, he was just identified with the never give up, all the way spirit above and beyond all of the other special forces soldiers in the world. And now, even in the first season while assassinating US officials. it is more like just showing him exercising a James Bond like license to kill

On 1/13/2018 at 2:10 PM, saber5055 said:

I did like the team from last year, though I honestly could never remember any of their names so unfortunately I didn't miss them that much. 

Especially after that ass kicking opening sequence and Bryan's plan to escape.  Maybe it was just me but I felt like the fight scenes were better than last season's even just in that episode.   I think now that they've got a start with the weapon's lady and tech guy, they may slowly add in new characters to build up a new team.  Which in a way I think may work better in terms of making them memorable as individuals.

• Love 1

I was happy when this got renewed. I'm not going to miss the old team, as  like others said here, I don't even remember their names. They were not fleshed out characters in that way for me. I do hope that this season they will go a bit deeper into the background of all characters and that we get a bit more character development. Clive Standen and Jennifer Beals carry this show and I watch for them. 

ps. Does Christina still have that brain tumor? Was that resolved last season or is it just forgotten? 

When a plane crashes carrying Bryan Mills and a key witness in a murder investigation, a wounded Mills must call upon the survival skills his father taught him to overcome the elements, find a way out of the woods and protect the witness from a lethal team of mercenaries on their tail. Meanwhile, Santana organizes a "go big or go home" plan to locate the downed plane.

A laid-off worker kidnaps a high-powered accountant in revenge for his lost pension, and the team gets swept up in a case of class warfare when Bryan decides to help the kidnapper get justice.

Bryan and Santana must extract a nuclear physicist long thought dead, from a secret North Korean prison compound. Meanwhile, Kilroy faces a moral dilemma when Hart asks him to locate a criminal wanted by a foreign government.

I'm the only one watching this show. I wonder if Jennifer Beals has cleaners who follow Mills around to remove bodies, like on Blacklist, since dozens of cleaners were needed this episode. My first thought at the end, when Mills left the (loaded!) gun in front of the bad guy was that he would use it to shoot Mills. I was vaguely disappointed he didn't. I don't think he would have shot himself so quickly since he was a manipulator and those bank accounts could have been faked. But whatever, I guess!

6 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I'm the only one watching this show. I wonder if Jennifer Beals has cleaners who follow Mills around to remove bodies, like on Blacklist, since dozens of cleaners were needed this episode. My first thought at the end, when Mills left the (loaded!) gun in front of the bad guy was that he would use it to shoot Mills. I was vaguely disappointed he didn't. I don't think he would have shot himself so quickly since he was a manipulator and those bank accounts could have been faked. But whatever, I guess!

Remember she only has one computer hacker, a scrounger who shows up at the perfect place and doesn't miss with a sniper rifle or a rocket launcher and Bryan who is now attacking targets like a Terminator.  I had to laugh at the rejection of don't repeat Mexico orders. They were off duty and working as mercenaries but he killed an entire police division of a friendly nation.

I'm watching it and I'd talk about it but the episodes never seem to match the descriptions on the threads.  This is at least the second time the wrong episode was put up for the weekly thread.  

I don't know, I'm enjoying this season more than last.  The characters all get to do more because there aren't as many of them.(though I did like the team, but it was hard to keep track of them all)  Time isn't wasted on what IMO was a fairly lame and pointless, sorry, romance.  The action is better, I feel like they upped their game in that regard.   I think the hacking thing with Killroy could be an interesting plot to carry through for a bit and the human trafficking angle is interesting and gives it a focusing theme without making it specific to one particular character.

Edited by tessathereaper
edited for stupid grammatical and spelling errors, but I did only get 90 minutes of sleep last night, excuses, excuses
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ha! I swear when Christina said 'We can't have another Mexico, Bryan' the look on Bryan's face as he was backing out of the room was totally 'Maybe, we will and maybe we won't'.

I liked the old team. The new one isn't bad and it definitely feels less 'bulky' with just the five of them but Gaius Charles was a great ops leader.  Nice to hear that the team wasn't killed off just reassigned due to everything going south in Mexico. Which means the old crew can pop up as antagonists with the new crew for future episodes. 

One thing I love is that Brian is never badass James Bond suave in suits and perfectly groomed. He's badass in khakis and a hawaiian shirt and sneakers. Sure he'll wear a stylish peacoat or leather jacket but overall despite his size and Clive Standen's looks he really is a 'normal' dopey guy, LOL.

Bryan's confrontation with Lester was almost an exact replay of of Person of Interest's "Cura Te Ipsum" where John confronted the rapist with the 'What punishment do you deserve?' and was like 'Do I kill you or disappear you to a Mexican prison where you'll wish you were dead? Help me make that decision.' Makes sense since the new show runner worked on POI. On this show they let Bryan keep his hands clean but on POI we were left wondering what John did for a while.

Edited by TobinAlbers

I guess I'm not the only one who didn't find this episode interesting. However, Jennifer Beals rocks, she steals every scene she's in. I could watch an hour of just her talking. Or not talking. And if Brian is getting sweet on Santana, at least that's a better choice than the college girl from last season.

I agree.  Jennifer Beals is great.  And yeah Brian and Santana seem better than Brian and the girl from last season whose name I've already forgotten(if they are even going in that direction).  I really couldn't figure out what the writers were thinking with that - I mean I get the comforting over the death of someone they both loved(his sister/her best friend) but it still seemed pretty unlikely and felt shoe-horned.  I know sometimes people complain that characters who work together in shows get romantically involved and I do get that, complained about it myself, but I also understand why it happens that way.  Otherwise it tends to feel like "Why is this person here? What purpose do they serve other than love interest?"  If the characters are working together, well they both have a reason to be in the story and you aren't wasting time on scenes that don't really add anything to the overall story or trying shoe-horn the non-work involved love interest into the work(for example, having girlfriend kidnapped by people trying to get back at boyfriend even though she's got absolutely nothing to do with it)

When the wife of a war hero senator is taken, Bryan and the team must determine if her disappearance was orchestrated by a foreign government or someone closer to home. Meanwhile, Christina's meeting with an old friend brings up painful memories.

Bryan and Santana must extract a nuclear physicist long thought dead, from a secret North Korean prison compound. Meanwhile, Kilroy faces a moral dilemma when Hart asks him to locate a criminal wanted by a foreign government.

Who knew it was so easy to get someone out of a North Korean prison? I still like all the actors, including the Kilroy character, so that's something. The actor who played the physicist was also quite good. I'm not sure in real life that family would all live happily ever after, however. But it's teevee so okay. Next week looks good, it's Jennifer-Beal-centric!

Who knew it was so easy to get someone out of a North Korean prison?

It wasn't a north korea prison. It was more like a apartment complex with north korean guards and electric fences.

18 hours ago, fellini said:

It wasn't a north korea prison. It was more like a apartment complex with north korean guards and electric fences.

Any place with armed guards and surrounded by electric fence says "prison" to me. The Federal Correctional Institution at Sandstone, the low-security federal prison in Northern Minnesota is still a PRISON. The guy can't leave ... he's a prisoner.

Or, change my sentence to: "Who knew it was so easy to get someone out of North Korea?"

Yeah, that's even better.

Edited by saber5055
6 hours ago, meeeechiganman said:

I still cant figure out what this show has to do with the liam neeson character?  cause this seems to take place in present day.  so how can it be a prequel?   weird 

Since he already had the special set of skills from the Army before joining the unknown spy agency you are just to ignore things like cellphone technology and imagine that in about 5 years Brian will marry and have a daughter who gets kidnapped by sex slavers.

She will definitely return. Morgan Sachs ? 

I started watching for Clive Standen (?) and Jennifer Beals (??) but now my favorite moments are with Adam Goldberg and Jessica Lisa Camacho. They add much needed levity to the whole operation. 

On a more shallow note does anyone notice how Clive's hair color changes every episode and he has no stubble continuity scene to scene? Is he using Sun-In, like, whaa? 

And poor Jennifer Beals needs something  better than that awkward messenger bag or just nothing at all. She is literally saddled with so much baggage. 

When a bomb goes off in Washington, D.C., the team suspects an innocent man is being framed for the crime. Meanwhile, Kilroy tracks down a notorious hacker.

When a dangerous weapons dealer smuggles his wares into New York City, Bryan teams up with the FBI in a race to stop him before he reaches the safety of international waters.

When a CIA analyst's son is kidnapped, the team gets help from an unlikely source—another kidnapping victim. Meanwhile, Hart discovers the sinister motive behind the abductions.