Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E20: All You Can Eat

• Start Topic

I post this as I eat my dinner. :P

The BAU works with the CDC to determine whether or not a series of sudden deaths in Virginia are connected to bioterrorism. Also, Garcia and her step-brother work through a family issue.

Edited by Danielg342
Typo

letter-f.jpg

You know, I always wonder when CM is going to hit the bottom of the barrel. I'm convinced Penelope Garcia hit it tonight.

I'm not going to talk about the case because the case was just...stupid. There's no other way to describe it except that I'd be trotting out all the same criticisms I have for the show of late, and it's tiring pointing them out all the time. Especially when it's clear these writers will never "get it".

I did think the UnSub looked a lot like Chris Pronger. It's not him, though.

Oh, and Samia Doumit out-Garcia'ed Garcia tonight. Man, she was a cutie.

...but Garcia. Oh boy.

I predict a lot will be angry with her and the writers for what she did. I mean, really, there are no words.

In short, the idea that Garcia can absolve the killer of her parents isn't inherently a bad idea. It would be a good story, if it's done properly.

Problem is, the show did nothing to show that the killer really deserved remorse (no, being "stupid" isn't an excuse for killing), and worse, Garcia made it all about her by deciding to hijack her brother's victim impact statement by unilaterally deciding to forgive the killer and ask the parole board to release him.

All because when Garcia was a teen, her own "bad choice" meant her parents wouldn't have gone out that night and gotten killed.

Oh, poor little Garcia. She was so self-righteous tonight that even Olivia Benson took notice.

The sanctimoniousness of this episode was nauseating. It's right up there with "Burn" with displaying the worst of Garcia's emotional neediness, or, rather, the writers mistaking Garcia assuaging her own guilt somehow displays her compassion for others.

No Garcia, you don't dole out remorse simply because it would make you "feel better", and you certainly don't get to make unilateral decisions for your own family because of it.

You know what would have made this better? If Carlos and Penelope had gotten together and together made the decision to request the end of the killer's parole, because both decided that it would help them move on from their pain if the killer got released. Maybe Garcia says to the killer that "it still doesn't make up for what you did, but I hope that your time in prison has made you the better person you claim to be and that you won't cause pain to someone else."

Something like that.

Instead, we get sanctimonious, childish Garcia, the worst display of that on this series.

I need to throw up.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, partofme said:

What happened to Garcia's parents is tragic.   But 20 years in prison for vehicular manslaughter is excessive.  

I was thinking about that, too. Not that I necessarily disagree with such a sentence, personally, but I don't know that most drunk drivers spend THAT long in prison to begin with (though anyone who's more well versed in law and whatnot, feel free to correct me if you've got statistics and stuff on that!). We've all heard the stories of people having multiple DUI arrests before somebody even bothers to slightly crack down, after all, so I'm kinda surprised this guy got such a tough sentence, especially given his age at the time. Maybe somebody back then wanted to "make an example", or something? 

I rather liked the Garcia storyline overall, myself. I do agree that she should've absolutely talked things over with Carlos before changing her mind as she did, especially since she was reading his prepared statement, because his feelings are equally as valid as hers. And while I totally get why Garcia feels like she's responsible in some way for what unfolded that night, that tragedy could've happened even if she hadn't been out late, too. Her parents could've been out for an evening date or gone to the store or whatever and the same thing still could've happened. So I hope, as she learns to forgive Jesse, she can also work on forgiving herself, too. I don't even know that her argument was that her family should forgive him so much as it was that they shouldn't let any anger towards him consume them as it has all these years. A fair point, but still, yeah, that's for each family member to learn how to work out on their own. Especially given Garcia clearly hasn't been in that close of contact with her family, apparently. Shame we didn't get to see the rest of her brothers, I would've liked that. I think all of them standing together at the end during the hearing, whatever stance they took, could've made things that much more powerful. 

But I did feel Jesse was genuine enough in his remorse, and calling his actions "stupid" didn't sound like an excuse to me so much as a matter-of-fact assessment of his mindset that night. And her emotional reaction to everything, and her visit to the graves, did get to me. I thought for sure that Carlos, or even Jesse's sister, or somebody, might show up at the end, but I'm glad they didn't. It would've felt too neat and tidy. I did like Garcia meeting with Jesse's sister, too, and her initial hesitation at seeing her. 

As for the case, I didn't mind it overall, but it felt very similar to "Amplification" at first, and while I wouldn't necessarily want a repeat of that case, I would've perhaps stuck with a terrorism theory, or just a madman trying to poison people in general. Or they could've kept the revenge motive, but taken out the personal loss aspect. I think they were going for a comparison of how the unsub dealt with his loss versus how Garcia dealt with hers in a way, but it was an odd way to do it. 

• Love 8

@Annber03 I too enjoyed both story lines in this episode and I agree with what you said.  Though my impression was that Penelope had every intention of just reading the impact statement and it sort of hit her while she was standing there that she couldn't go through with it and had to speak from her heart so she wouldn't have time to discuss it in advance with Carlos.  I don't think Penelope acted childish in this at all.  She forgave him and that is a mature and difficult thing to do.  Not a lot of people can do that.

I think the season is ending on a high note and on to the final two.  

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I did feel Jesse was genuine enough in his remorse, and calling his actions "stupid" didn't sound like an excuse to me so much as a matter-of-fact assessment of his mindset that night.

Maybe it's just me but I just didn't find the killer or his sister to be at all convincing. I thought when Garcia retorted, "when do my parents get to restart their lives?" that there's just no way back for the killer, because nothing better defined the differences of each family's reality. The killer can restart his life, Garcia's parents never get to.

The show needed to a better job showing how much the pain of the loss of the Garcias affected the kids. Perhaps if Carlos blamed Penelope for the death of their parents Penelope's sudden decision to ask for the killer's release would have worked much better, because then Penelope is basically telling Carlos, "if I can forgive the killer, you can forgive me".

Instead, we got a Penelope Garcia who basically put her feelings and her needs ahead of her brother's, and there's no way I can rectify that.

• Love 4

Was I supposed to laugh hysterically when at the party, the one dude vomited blood on the lady and then everybody suddenly collapsed with bleeding eyes? Because that is certainly what I did. It felt like a Criminal Minds black comedy version of "Amplification" or "Poison" from season 1.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

letter-f.jpg

You know, I always wonder when CM is going to hit the bottom of the barrel. I'm convinced Penelope Garcia hit it tonight.

I'm not going to talk about the case because the case was just...stupid. There's no other way to describe it except that I'd be trotting out all the same criticisms I have for the show of late, and it's tiring pointing them out all the time. Especially when it's clear these writers will never "get it".

I did think the UnSub looked a lot like Chris Pronger. It's not him, though.

Oh, and Samia Doumit out-Garcia'ed Garcia tonight. Man, she was a cutie.

...but Garcia. Oh boy.

I predict a lot will be angry with her and the writers for what she did. I mean, really, there are no words.

In short, the idea that Garcia can absolve the killer of her parents isn't inherently a bad idea. It would be a good story, if it's done properly.

Problem is, the show did nothing to show that the killer really deserved remorse (no, being "stupid" isn't an excuse for killing), and worse, Garcia made it all about her by deciding to hijack her brother's victim impact statement by unilaterally deciding to forgive the killer and ask the parole board to release him.

All because when Garcia was a teen, her own "bad choice" meant her parents wouldn't have gone out that night and gotten killed.

Oh, poor little Garcia. She was so self-righteous tonight that even Olivia Benson took notice.

The sanctimoniousness of this episode was nauseating. It's right up there with "Burn" with displaying the worst of Garcia's emotional neediness, or, rather, the writers mistaking Garcia assuaging her own guilt somehow displays her compassion for others.

No Garcia, you don't dole out remorse simply because it would make you "feel better", and you certainly don't get to make unilateral decisions for your own family because of it.

You know what would have made this better? If Carlos and Penelope had gotten together and together made the decision to request the end of the killer's parole, because both decided that it would help them move on from their pain if the killer got released. Maybe Garcia says to the killer that "it still doesn't make up for what you did, but I hope that your time in prison has made you the better person you claim to be and that you won't cause pain to someone else."

Something like that.

Instead, we get sanctimonious, childish Garcia, the worst display of that on this series.

I need to throw up.

Honestly, they hit bottom of a barrel over a year ago, they are just scrapping it by this point.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SweetTooth said:

As it stands, her decision, a noble and good one, is tarnished by her doing it out of guilt and stabbing her brother in the back, intentional or not.

If Carlos had messed up his life, not able to hold on to a job or a marriage (or both) because of his guilt, I could have lived with Garcia unilaterally deciding to ask for the killer's release. Then it's about Garcia seeing the actual destruction of guilt and decides she needs to rectify that.

1 hour ago, Mislav said:

Honestly, they hit bottom of a barrel over a year ago, they are just scrapping it by this point.

I think sanctimonious Garcia is a new low. Yeah, her character hasn't been all that great in recent years and she's been childish before, but I never thought she's stoop so low as to stab her own brother in the back.

Worse for me is that this decision by Garcia will be swept away and nothing else will be made of it, when, basically, Garcia's life is changed forever. This wasn't a "bookend" story but an arc- but I doubt we'll hear about it again.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, SweetTooth said:

If what Rossi said is any indication, she's definitely considered the hero. The kind-hearted, wonderful Garcia, who left her brother twisting in the wind.

Nauseating to hear that. My only hope is that Rossi will be eating his words.

• Love 4

I'm kinda sick of Garcia being the constant sweetheart who forgives everyone so easily. It takes away from her character and makes her come off as a bit spineless. Anyways, I don't know if anyone else has the same pet peeve but I'm getting really irritated by Reid's absence. It's like they milked him the majority of season 12 and now poof, he's gone. I swear, the guy has been on an FBI leave for like a year. We barely saw him this season. If MGG doesn't want to continue being on CM then he should just leave. This is getting irritating. 

One more thing.. 

If you go back and watch the previous seasons, you'll see why this season was so bad. What happened to the Writers of Criminal Minds? Did they die or something? This season is so poorly written!

Edited by KatsDivision
  • Love 3

Haven’t seen the episode yet, but have been doing math, based on your comments. Maybe I just need more coffee. Have they just made Garcia 38 years old?  Two years older than Reid?  Or did it take ten years for the drunk driver to be sentenced?

• Love 7

Yeah, Garcia's 38, riiiiight. This was so awful when it might have been really good. As others have said, it was all about Garcia for Garcia, it didn't matter to her that her brother felt the way he did, and trusted her to express what he couldn't in person. No, it's about how enlightened she is, and everyone should just give it up, take up their beds and follow her. Honestly, could the character of Carlos been more flimsily written? He was simply a device to point to Garcia's loss. We feel nothing for him, because the character is a pencil sketch on toilet paper. 

The case was derivative of Amplification and Poison, two stellar episodes of the past, and it didn't hold a candle to either. I imagine the only thing folks will take away from that is a queasy feeling the next time they go to a buffet bar. Ick. Tara having to be the Reid of the episode, well, at least it wasn't Simmons. And, at least Alvez got to be the Morgan in the takedown. Yes, I do believe it's that rote with the writing, especially by Karen Maser. 

On the positive side, that girl playing 18-year-old Garcia was adorable, and a better actress than KV. And it was nice to see the local ME again. I think the last time we saw her was when Gideon was killed. 

• Love 8

I guess I should be fair to the writer that Carlos let Garcia have it at the end and didn't let her off the hook at all, but it's a small victory at best.

It doesn't change the fact that Garcia still came off as selfish and sanctimonious, making decisions that ruined her family with barely an acknowledgement. If I didn't think the show went off the rails and still invested in these characters, I'd say Garcia is irreparably damaged. Stabbing your own family in the back is just too low.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

I guess I should be fair to the writer that Carlos let Garcia have it at the end and didn't let her off the hook at all, but it's a small victory at best.

It doesn't change the fact that Garcia still came off as selfish and sanctimonious, making decisions that ruined her family with barely an acknowledgement. If I didn't think the show went off the rails and still invested in these characters, I'd say Garcia is irreparably damaged. Stabbing your own family in the back is just too low.

I don't think Garcia was selfish. I think she came off more as spineless and pitiful. She's practically a doormat. 

2 hours ago, KatsDivision said:

I don't think Garcia was selfish. I think she came off more as spineless and pitiful. She's practically a doormat. 

Not disagreeing that she was a doormat. Her reasons for giving in were selfish, I think.

Just curious, but just how long was the sentence (and the charge) for the dude who killed Penelope's parents? Because yeah, like others have pointed out, he would not still be in prison 20 years later (though come one, based on prior Penelope canon, Penelope would be early 40s by now and not late 30s), unless he had prior convictions, and I don't think he did at that young of an age. Of course this was the same show (with Penelope involved again no less) that tried to shove a death penalty case through in a matter of months for dubious reasons. So I don't expect legal vermisilitude (on a show about law enforcement no less). But it still irks me nonetheless.

• Love 3

Yes, FA, that seemed really long as a sentence for the crimes (not at all diminishing the severity of the crime). I just haven't heard of really long sentences for such; in fact, I think even murder one usually brings sentences of 8 to 10 with possibility for parole, unless aggravated, or in the case of capital murder. 

Maybe they thought that 20 years was as far as they dared stretch the de-aging of Penelope, lol.

• Love 3

I could understand the 13-year old brother feeling guilty over (a) causing the parents to leave to search for him & getting killed and (b) wishing the parents were dead, having them die and feeling "wishing makes it so" but for an 18-year old???? I even got the impression that she still feels that way (part (b)) today!!! Furthermore, did anyone else get the impression that there were more brothers than just this one? No comment on "Juan would have been here, but he couldn't get off work" or something? Why did the brother suddenly have a problem speaking at the parole board? Is this the first time the prisoner has been up for parole? Did the brother speak/not speak at any of the other hearings??? And, based on every TV show, if your child misses curfew, never go looking for them---you will be immediately killed by a drunk driver!

As to the case...they seemed to jump on the first two victims being connected rather quickly. Why couldn't they just have been random "test subjects" with no connection to the unsub or each other? And, did I miss it, or when they mentioned "the father died two weeks ago" no one said "that's the trigger" or "that's the stressor"?

• Love 2

Actually, illdoc, as they were walking down the street, Garcia and Carlos discussed the other brothers, and she actually named all 3 or 4 (I don't remember their names except "Manny") and Carlos said they would not come, didn't want to see the guy.

Edited by normasm
25 minutes ago, SweetTooth said:

I don't think they're depicting Garcia as spineless.

They're not intending to, I agree.

However, twice now ("Burn" being the first tine) criminals have come up to her and begged for kindness and Garcia just gave in when she had no reason to. Seems like all one has to do is appeal to Garcia's emotions and Garcia's self-righteous instincts kick in and she's puddy in your hands.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SweetTooth said:

This could have been such a growth episode, where her new maturity rubbed off on Carlos and showed him that growth is good, and they're not children anymore, so they don't have to continue to act that way.

Yes, this so much.

• Love 2

This was soooo bad.  Some random observations:  So Garcia never shared the contents of the note with her brothers?  What kind of person does that?   I'm sure KV is a lovely person, but this episode highlighted her shortcomings as an actress.  I really don't like it when Reid-type exposition is provided by characters who have no reason to know the things they are saying.  And I also noticed that while it took three members of the team to do the computer work in this episode, they did manage to do it successfully and timely on regular old laptops.  Maybe Garcia's super-computer and magical apps are over-rated.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, SweetTooth said:

This could have been such a growth episode, where her new maturity rubbed off on Carlos and showed him that growth is good, and they're not children anymore, so they don't have to continue to act that way.

Once more for those in the back.

It amazes me how Garcia can start professional and quirky but devolve so rapidly. Perhaps Kirsten Vangsness, Erica Messer et all believe this makes Garcia "hilarious" but it just makes her ridiculous.

• Love 1

Carlos should have manned up and read his own statement. He chose to force Garcia to read his words when she clearly didn’t want him to use  her FBI status to tip the scales of justice.  She has a right to make HER statement even if it differs from her family. The guy spent 20 years in prison. That’s enough.    Now, if he had multiple DUI’s - that’s different. Murder is often 20 years, unintentional is usually half that. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

she clearly didn’t want to have her FBI status tip the scales of justice.   

Why even bring it up? How is her job title relevant to giving a victim impact statement about her parents' deaths? Was she required to tell them what she does for a living?

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Why even bring it up? How is her job title relevant to giving a victim impact statement about her parents' deaths? Was she required to tell them what she does for a living?

To be honest- I don’t know if she was required ( for real) to state her occupation or not.  I have only attended one clemency hearing- where I watched  character witnesses give testimony. They were asked their occupation.

I just know the scene where Carlos twisted her arm to read his statement included her comment about the weight her occupation would be given. 

Edited by mythoughtis
I actually do know how to spell.
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, illdoc said:

I could understand the 13-year old brother feeling guilty over (a) causing the parents to leave to search for him & getting killed and (b) wishing the parents were dead, having them die and feeling "wishing makes it so" but for an 18-year old???? I even got the impression that she still feels that way (part (b)) today!!!

That's not unreasonable. You can intellectually know something, but that doesn't make the guilty feeling go away.

1 hour ago, Racbec said:

This was soooo bad.  Some random observations:  So Garcia never shared the contents of the note with her brothers?  What kind of person does that?

A person who doesn't want her brothers to blame her for their parents' deaths?

45 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Carlos should have manned up and read his own statement. He chose to force Garcia to read his words when she clearly didn’t want him to use  her FBI status to tip the scales of justice.  She has a right to make HER statement even if it differs from her family.

Carlos should have read his own statement and it felt like unrealistic forced drama that he didn't. But, Garcia could and should have refused, especially once she made the decision that her statement would be diametrically opposed to his. She should have told him beforehand.

For many years, I felt responsible for the deaths of two young family members, as I became ill, passed that illness on to them and they died as a result. Obviously I did not intentionally get sick or spread that illness. I knew that, even as a child. However, that didn't stop me from feeling responsible/guilty, and I have hid this fact from other family members who were too young to remember what actually happened - to this day, they do not know. I very much empathized with Garcia's position. However, I didn't like her hijacking her brother's statement with no warning. If it was her own statement and he was aware beforehand (and given the opportunity to give his own statement) that would have been different. But given the situation, it felt awful and if I was Carlos, I woudn't forgive Penelope for a good long while.

• Love 2

I get that 18 year-old Garcia didn't want her brothers to blame her for their parents' deaths, but the CM writers clearly want us to believe that today's Garcia has evolved from her younger self--someone who does the right thing.  But she still didn't tell her brother about the note.

9 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

She has a right to make HER statement even if it differs from her family.

I don't dispute that. What I don't like is that Carlos asked her to read his statement and Garcia agreed to do so, only to renege at a time when Carlos could not counter and make his own statement if he wanted to.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

only to renege at a time when Carlos could not counter and make his own statement if he wanted to.

Is there some reason he couldn't have gotten up and also read an impact statement?

illdoc, he tried to say something and the committee head told him to shut up or she'd have him removed. In most hearings, a person has to sign up to say something. If you aren't signed up, you won't be heard. That's why, when she took the statement he wrote (and she agreed to) off the rails, it was a betrayal.

Edited by normasm
  • Love 5

She did read his words.... then she added  her own words, which were basically ‘however, he’s been punished enough’.   I will grant that she should have mentioned that the last part wasn’t agreed to by other family members.   

In real life, I would bet that the parole board would have been able to figure that part out since the brother got upset when she changed course.,

• Love 1

She started reading his words, then veered off-track to make her own statement, which wasn't even close to what he expected and wanted her to say. It was a betrayal of their agreement, and he was not able to state this to the hearing, because he had not been approved to make his own statement. A hearing can't "figure out" an opposing POV in a victim impact statement. The statement is entered into the record as stated. The hearing doesn't make mention of people getting upset. That's irrelevant.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

In real life, I would bet that the parole board would have been able to figure that part out since the brother got upset when she changed course.

Then a defence lawyer would likely cast doubt on why Carlos got upset at that moment, noting that Carlos' objection was not put into writing so it's not known why he got upset. The lawyer would also note the sloppiness of the review board for allowing an inadmissible statement into the record, and likely the parole denial will be reversed.

There are no lawyers representing anyone in a parole board hearing - the victims simply state their case for keeping the guy or letting him go. As such, the victims or victim's family are not performing a legal plea, it's just a statement or petition of what they think would be just. No legal documents, just testimony. The parole board decides based on many factors, not just the victim's statement.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, normasm said:

There are no lawyers representing anyone in a parole board hearing - the victims simply state their case for keeping the guy or letting him go. As such, the victims or victim's family are not performing a legal plea, it's just a statement or petition of what they think would be just. No legal documents, just testimony. The parole board decides based on many factors, not just the victim's statement.

I was hypothesizing a scenario where the killer gets denied parole as per the post by @mythoughtis. In the aftermath, I assume Jesse could take the board to court for not following the rules.

No, that's not the way the parole board works. Jesse's only power in his prison situation would be if he could get a lawyer to find evidence that he was improperly represented at trial, or that the jury was tampered with, or that new evidence has been found and they ask for a new trial. But that has nothing to do with his request for parole. Jesse does not have an appeal to his appeal, if you catch my drift. By going in front of the parole board, he's appealing to be paroled and get out of prison. Unless he can bring evidence that his case has been mishandled (which would not happen in front of the parole board, but in front of an appeals court), he's there at the state's discretion.

Edited by normasm
clarifying (i hope)
  • Love 2

I think it's usually 3 people on a parole board, so it wouldn't be a split decision. 

Daniel, if Jesse believes he's denied parole unjustly, I believe it doesn't matter. He has been adjudicated guilty, and sentence has been passed, and the parole board hears his set hearings for release, meaning the judge would say, hey, after he's serves this many years, he's eligible for parole, and if denied, he's eligible again in this many years. The parole board, as I said, weighs a lot of factors, his conduct behind bars, if he has done work that benefits others, etc., and, yes, they weigh what victims's families have to say. It may just be, like he thought he didn't deserve his sentence, that he just has to be quiet and serve the sentence he's given. The sentence he's given is a finite thing, though, which, in this episode's case, was pretty misleading. Say he got sentenced to 10 to 25. That means, he can't serve any more than 25, unless he did something in prison to add to that sentence, like try to escape, or kill someone. At maybe 8 years, he would have his first hearing for parole. If it's denied, no more time is actually added. He just has to wait another 5 years or whatever, for the next parole hearing.

Edited by normasm
  • Love 3

And, did I miss it, or when they mentioned "the father died two weeks ago" no one said "that's the trigger" or "that's the stressor"?

I think Luke said something about that event being the stressor (or something similar).  As for their online searching, I thought it was funny that they were able to do pretty much everything that Garcia would have done, but they did it quickly, quietly, efficiently and without any 'icks', 'OMGs', 'this is really sick stuff', blah blah blah that Garcia would have added. 

• Love 3

I think the original sentence was 25 years, which seems like an incredibly long time to me (a Californian) for a young person's first DUI. At least, the show didn't say he had more. And it seemed odd that both of Garcia's parents would go out driving to look for her, and leave a 13-year-old in the house by himself. (If there was another brother there, then the show should have showed him.) As a few other people said, I would have been happier if she told her brother ahead of time that she wasn't going to read his speech. Even if she only realized it a few minutes ahead of time.

It also seemed like all of the killer's victims died pretty quickly, despite all the talk about the killer wanting them to experience long, painful deaths. There was a football player who poisoned his wife with rat poison when I was living in San Diego in the 90s, and he called 911 and you could hear her shrieking in agony. And it took her days to die.

KV tottering around on her heels was strange. Has she always done that, but I just didn't see it? I wonder if she wears heels at all, outside the show? 

I was pretty dissatisfied with this episode all the way around. 

• Love 3
On 4/14/2018 at 10:26 AM, Mystery said:

I think the original sentence was 25 years, which seems like an incredibly long time to me (a Californian) for a young person's first DUI. At least, the show didn't say he had more. And it seemed odd that both of Garcia's parents would go out driving to look for her, and leave a 13-year-old in the house by himself. (If there was another brother there, then the show should have showed him.) As a few other people said, I would have been happier if she told her brother ahead of time that she wasn't going to read his speech. Even if she only realized it a few minutes ahead of time.

It also seemed like all of the killer's victims died pretty quickly, despite all the talk about the killer wanting them to experience long, painful deaths. There was a football player who poisoned his wife with rat poison when I was living in San Diego in the 90s, and he called 911 and you could hear her shrieking in agony. And it took her days to die.

KV tottering around on her heels was strange. Has she always done that, but I just didn't see it? I wonder if she wears heels at all, outside the show? 

I was pretty dissatisfied with this episode all the way around. 

I agree. I also think that the reason she can't properly walk in heels because she's a bit chubby. There's more weight on the heels so she probably has to balance her steps a bit differently. I also noticed that she doesn't cross her legs when she walks. If you try to walk in heels the same way you walk in sneakers, you'll look wobbly, stompy and unbalanced. Your steps should be smaller when you walk in heels than (unlike when you walk in sneakers.) She's always walks fast. That's why she constantly looks like she's stomping while trying to balance herself . 

Edited by KatsDivision
  • Love 1

It was probably that I was seeing her in longer shots in this episode (walking on the street away from her brother, walking up to her parents' headstones) where in the office, I think the shots of everyone are closer. I don't wear heels very often myself, so I shouldn't be talking, but it looked like she was very unsteady! I can tell that at any rate, she doesn't have your practice, KatsDivision! :-) And neither do I. 

• Love 1