Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E20: All You Can Eat

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Mystery said:

It was probably that I was seeing her in longer shots in this episode (walking on the street away from her brother, walking up to her parents' headstones) where in the office, I think the shots of everyone are closer. I don't wear heels very often myself, so I shouldn't be talking, but it looked like she was very unsteady! I can tell that at any rate, she doesn't have your practice, KatsDivision! :-) And neither do I. 

Haha! I rarely wear heels though but when I do, I find myself walking kinda like her. It has a lot to do with balance and practice. I know KV's character wears a lot stilletos and she walks fast in them. Thats why she looks kinda stompy and wobbly. Her weight unfortunately doesn't help either. Heels weren't made for running. I always wondered why she doesn't wear boots like Prentiss and JJ. The kind of "heels" they wear are a bit thicker. They're more comfortable to walk/run in.

Anyway, this conversation took a very girly turn lol. But yes, you have point. I noticed a lot of people here pointing out the same problem with KV.

Edited by KatsDivision
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, KatsDivision said:

Haha! I rarely wear heels though but when I do, I find myself walking kinda like her. It has a lot to do with balance and practice. I know KV's character wears a lot stilletos and she walks fast in them. Thats why she looks kinda stompy and wobbly. Her weight unfortunately doesn't help either. Heels weren't made for running. I always wondered why she doesn't wear boots like Prentiss and JJ. The kind of "heels" they wear are a bit thicker. They're more comfortable to walk/run in.

Anyway, this conversation took a very girly turn lol. But yes, you have point. I noticed a lot of people here pointing out the same problem with KV.

But isn't the custom designer herself partly to blame. Has she ever offered or at least suggested to the actress that she should wear different types of shoes. The kind that would give her the height she is looking for yet ones that she'd be better able to walk in.

Edited by MMC
  • Love 2

Someone mentioned on the last page that it took the 3 agents just some regular Googling to figure out what Garcia usually does with her hacking. That wasn't Google the 3 were on. They were in their FBI search systems just like Garcia would have been. Multiple screens up with the lines of type with an indent and a < with every new search parameter. It definitely wasn't Google.

Garcia said what she wanted to say. Carlos had every chance to speak up for himself as did her other step-brothers (if they'd gone/cared). She didn't speak on behalf of all of them, she spoke on behalf of herself. She's been carrying around the guilt of "killing" her parents for 20 years now. It's been mentioned on previous episodes that her parents were killed while out looking for her because she was out past her curfew. This is the first episode that they've ever mentioned her having step-siblings though. Maybe she never told Carlos why their parents were out that night because of how young he was? And then as time went out it turned into one of those "it's been this amount of time and I've already not said anything so I'll just keep not saying anything" things? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, beaunicorn said:

Someone mentioned on the last page that it took the 3 agents just some regular Googling to figure out what Garcia usually does with her hacking. That wasn't Google the 3 were on. They were in their FBI search systems just like Garcia would have been. Multiple screens up with the lines of type with an indent and a < with every new search parameter. It definitely wasn't Google.

Garcia said what she wanted to say. Carlos had every chance to speak up for himself as did her other step-brothers (if they'd gone/cared). She didn't speak on behalf of all of them, she spoke on behalf of herself. She's been carrying around the guilt of "killing" her parents for 20 years now. It's been mentioned on previous episodes that her parents were killed while out looking for her because she was out past her curfew. This is the first episode that they've ever mentioned her having step-siblings though. Maybe she never told Carlos why their parents were out that night because of how young he was? And then as time went out it turned into one of those "it's been this amount of time and I've already not said anything so I'll just keep not saying anything" things? 

They have mentioned her stepbrothers before. I can't recall specific examples but Garcia has mentioned she got her surname due to adoption.

Also, it's been pointed out before that Carlos wasn't able to speak at the hearing, because he tried to speak up, he was stopped. These hearings require speakers to make it known beforehand if they wish to speak, and Carlos did not.

Instead, Carlos trusted Garcia to read his statement and Garcia started to do so before veering off script. Make of that what you will, but Garcia did take away Carlos' chance to speak.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

They have mentioned her stepbrothers before. I can't recall specific examples but Garcia has mentioned she got her surname due to adoption.

Also, it's been pointed out before that Carlos wasn't able to speak at the hearing, because he tried to speak up, he was stopped. These hearings require speakers to make it known beforehand if they wish to speak, and Carlos did not.

Instead, Carlos trusted Garcia to read his statement and Garcia started to do so before veering off script. Make of that what you will, but Garcia did take away Carlos' chance to speak.

She wasn't adopted. Her step-father's last name is Garcia. That has been mentioned in past episodes, but not the fact she had step-siblings. The wiki page for Garcia just got updated after this last episode to include her step-brothers. No mention of them was made previously.

Carlos was able to speak out until he decided not to. That's his fault, not Garcia's. Every time he brought up the guy staying in prison, Garcia got an uneasy look on her face like she wasn't totally sure about it. Even when she was talking to Emily about it at the beginning of the episode, she didn't seem sure about it. That was kind of clear to me, so I just see it all differently. And I know that for me personally, both of my siblings wouldn't read something I give them word for word without including their own feelings on the subject. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, beaunicorn said:

She wasn't adopted. Her step-father's last name is Garcia. That has been mentioned in past episodes, but not the fact she had step-siblings. The wiki page for Garcia just got updated after this last episode to include her step-brothers. No mention of them was made previously.

Way back in Season 2 Garcia told JJ she had 4 brothers. It was in P911 where she identified the shirt the kid was wearing as a Tadpole shirt.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, beaunicorn said:

She wasn't adopted. Her step-father's last name is Garcia.

Yes, and when her step-father formally adopted her, she got his last name.

That was my understanding, anyways.

• Love 2

Hello everyone,

Playing catchup again.  Some great discussions throughout the posts.

As not a fan as such of Garcia, the idea of a Garcia centric episode did not really fill me with excitement.  Garcia in these last seasons I have found to be quite irritating. Suprsingly it was not as Garcia heavy as I had feared but as for her storyline, I agree with the commentary of pretty much all of the posters who felt she acted selfishly.

As for the confusion as to her back story - that seems to have always been something CM is notoriously bad at.  Keeping any sort of continuity on personal timelines.  

Case was meh.  

What is going on with Reid reminds me of Hotch in the last few seasons of Hotch.  While Hotch was not actually absent for entire episodes, he did have a habit of disapearing mid episode.  I know the Reid situation is slightly different in that Matthew has (or so we assume) asked for this time off, but as others have said, why is he not being used more when he is there??

I really missed him this episode.  I'm one of those who just have not found myself attached to any of the newbies. He is gone from next episode I believe :(  

I missed the first 5 mins of the episode so can I ask, was his (Reids) absense addressed? Or did writers just assume that viewers would know that this is his '30 day' thing?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, beaunicorn said:

Carlos was able to speak out until he decided not to. That's his fault, not Garcia's.

I don't doubt that. I agree Carlos should have spoke himself. However, he did trust Penelope to read his statement and Penelope did not do so, and he was very angry that Penelope spoke her mind and said what he did not want her to say (since Carlos wanted the guy to stay in jail, the episode was clear on this).

Whether or not what Penelope did was a noble act I won't argue, because that's subjective.

2 hours ago, secnarf said:

Yes, and when her step-father formally adopted her, she got his last name.

"Adopted" was the best word I could think of at the time. I'm pretty sure when you are taken in by a foster parent or a step-family, you are technically adopted by them.

2 hours ago, mefein said:

I missed the first 5 mins of the episode so can I ask, was his (Reids) absense addressed? Or did writers just assume that viewers would know that this is his '30 day' thing?

Prentiss at the beginning said that Reid was on his mandated time off that week.

• Love 1

I am so glad I found this thread. This episode was trash and I am even more upset they continued the trash story line in subsequent episodes.

What made it trash was 100% the character assassination they wrote into Garcia’s role. She absolutely betrayed her brother because he asked her to read his statement and she agreed, carried his words up to the podium, and proceeded to offer her own statement. 

She invalidated his voice in a place where he could not object (when he expressed being upset when he heard Garcia veering off from his statement, he was silenced by one of the members of the review board).

The *mature* and *considerate* thing Garcia could have done is tell her brother about her change of heart BEFORE the hearing and given him the choice to read his own statement. Not stealing his only opportunity from him.

Then after Garcia steals the voice of someone in pain, the cast spends time telling her how “she did the right thing” and how her brother will come around. She deserves to be shunned because she doesn’t even recognise how awful she was enough to give a proper apology. She didn’t even act like a loyal sister, valuing the sad feelings of your parents’ murderer over the pain of *all* of your siblings combined?? It was so gross.

Also, if you look at it through a racial lens, it looks even worse- a white woman centring and valuing her own feelings and guilt along with valuing the sad feelings of a random white convict over and to the detriment of a man of colour’s, who she claims she loves as a brother. Just trash.

Many people are also commenting on the length of the sentence, but a reminder that the drunk driver killed TWO people, both of the Garcia family’s parents. That’s significant and repercussions should be expected. Sentences are usually worse for murdering two people versus murdering just one person.

• Love 2