Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: No Stain, No Gain

• Start Topic

Even though Deanna's elimination tattoo did have some issues, Roly's was worse. Even though Steve is a dick for the way he went out of his way to set Jeremy up to fail the whole season, I'm glad someone finally called out DJ for letting Josh control the team. DJ's goofy, Adam Sandler lookin' ass isn't even a true Ink Master since Bubba carried him all through that stupid Master Shop crap.

• Love 3

Total fucking bullshit elimination so they could keep all 3 coaches in it. Really? Only votes for Jason and Deanna? Roly's blue child was whack. Can't believe Dave went along with this bullshit. 

• Love 5

Every time a reality competition show has teams they always screw with it so every coach has someone in the finale. The only show that did not do this was Faceoff. One team was out before the other two and that was more realistic.

Roly should have been out and I wish he could have taken Steve with him.

• Love 2

Josh's tattoos are killer. Not a fan of how dark that red was for the monochromatic tattoo and he obviously can't handle not being in charge, but overall he definitely had the best tattoo of the night.

And it was quite obvious that Roly should've gone home. I did like that he chose a different colour scheme from the others though.

Edited by Jal
  • Love 1

I get that they are trying to keep the show interesting by coming up with styles of tattoos that they haven't done before, but these niche tattoos, that the artists have had no experience in, end up looking bad and someone has to wear it forever.  What was the point of making the portraits monochromatic? Every one of those portraits would have looked so much better if they had just been black and grey.  I mean Josh's pretty much was black and grey and then he added a bit of red shading later which is why his looked the best.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, dstann said:

I get that they are trying to keep the show interesting by coming up with styles of tattoos that they haven't done before, but these niche tattoos, that the artists have had no experience in, end up looking bad and someone has to wear it forever.  What was the point of making the portraits monochromatic? Every one of those portraits would have looked so much better if they had just been black and grey.  I mean Josh's pretty much was black and grey and then he added a bit of red shading later which is why his looked the best.

Completely agree. Portraits are hard enough to execute well let alone making them all tones of blue, red, or green. Stupid idea.

And for the love of all that's inky - why would you want a redfaced Oliver Peck on your ass forever? Glad it was moved but even so ...

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Kelda Feegle said:

And for the love of all that's inky - why would you want a redfaced Oliver Peck on your ass forever? Glad it was moved but even so ...

You wouldn't want a red pecker tattooed on your butt?

It would have been nice for a bit of backstory as to why that guy wanted a portrait of Oli

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dstann said:

You wouldn't want a red pecker tattooed on your butt?

It would have been nice for a bit of backstory as to why that guy wanted a portrait of Oli

Only if I could have a blue Nunez on the other cheek ;-)

• Love 6

I feel like the only flash we got of how the judges truly felt was when they were initially walking around, and Nunez and Ollie both agreed Rolly was the worst. And you could see the realization that producers clearly said they needed one person from each team to stick around when Ollie said "Team Steve could end up with no one" and Nunez just paused, didn't really say anything, but had an "Oh fuck, we can't do that" look on his face. Just the fact that there were no votes for Rolly to go home was bonkers.

I also felt like they didn't really want to say it, but Deanna's portrait looked more like the picture than they wanted to admit. Because I'm sure that woman is lovely, but when they were showing the side-by-side, she did have slightly buck teeth and a wonky eye. Which is fine, but they shouldn't act like Deanna butchered the photo.

Josh's portrait might go down as one of the best I've ever seen on the show. It really looked like Ollie and might slightly edge out the Dave portrait Jime did back in season 3. I would never have expected to say this at the beginning of the season, but he is really growing on me. I think he and Deanna's friendship is sweet and seems quite genuine.

• Love 4

Monochromatic tattoos look really, really bad

Deanna is an amazing artist. Her tattoo skills are coming along but holy crap can she draw and translate her ideas to paper well.

Roly should have gone home. I was convinced that the show wouldn't be rigged--guess not. Wouldn't want to be in Jason's shoes right now...

Josh is going to win Ink Master. Juan second. Roly/Jason a distant 3rd.

Hope we get another "tattoo marathon" to decide who's going to the finale. I've really enjoyed those the past few seasons. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Inkmaster0345 said:

Josh is going to win Ink Master. Juan second. Roly/Jason a distant 3rd.

I don't think we even know what format their challenge will take, but which master do you think will win?

They are competing themselves, aren't they?

2 hours ago, 2727 said:

I don't think we even know what format their challenge will take, but which master do you think will win?

They are competing themselves, aren't they?

Of the three, I find Steve the most unlikely of the bunch to pull off a win. Steve is incredible, but I find him to be somewhat pigeonholed into his "dark and creepy" style that doesn't necessarily lend itself well to this format, in which we know at least 2/3 "shots" will be called by the other masters (who will certainly give him nothing that goes well with "dark and creepy")

That leaves DJ and Anthony. I think DJ is probably one of the most talented artists in the history of the show and Anthony is not only talented but everything he does comes off as incredibly pleasing and likable. If you made me choose, I would say Anthony, simply because I don't think DJ will win 2 seasons in a row (not a great reason, but I'm going with it).

I could be completely wrong. I predicted Deanna to go out before the final 10--that didn't exactly work out. 

Edited by Inkmaster0345
  • Love 2

Damn damn damn damn damn.  Sorry to see Deanna go.

Josh can have a normal conversation without being a dick?  Color me shocked.

Roly should have gone.  Not a single vote for that abomination?  BS. 

I'd much rather have a wonky-eyed giant-tooth bride on me than some creepy blue zombie child.

• Love 1

Really would have liked to see Deanna in the finale. Without the restrictions of the regular competition, I think she could've done something really cool. After that shark last week and this butchering, Roly should've been packing. I feel like we've seen everything we're going to get out of him at this point.

"Portraits have been always been a atrocity in the Ink Master house. Today we're looking for that to change". - Nunez looked like he was struggling not to laugh on that one.

Deanna shot herself in the foot with the skull pick, but no way was her tattoo worse than Roly's. He made that cute little girl look like a zombie. 

Depending on how the "advantages" go, I think the master's competition will go to Anthony. At least I hope it will.

Edited by Kathira
  • Love 3

Roly has escaped elimination two weeks in a row.

That little girl portrait was truly, truly bad and it pisses me off that the producers rig it so that all of the coaches still have an artist in it.

Dave usually seems so fair in his choice of eliminated artists, but for him to choose Deanna to go home, what a shame that even he has to bow to the producer's pressure.

I love this show and I'll more than likely never stop watching it, but I do so now with scepticism and the joy I get in watching has diminished somewhat.

• Love 2

I liked Deanna, and she is a good artist, but for me her portrait was the worst. I can list many issues with the likeness. Deanna knew it was a bad tattoo, which says a lot. I think it’s clear Roly should have gone home in general but for this tattoo, Deanna’s was the worst. 

I like to do monochromatic portraits in weird colors, purple, blue, green, whatever. Why? Why not. :)

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Etta Place said:

I liked Deanna, and she is a good artist, but for me her portrait was the worst. I can list many issues with the likeness. Deanna knew it was a bad tattoo, which says a lot. I think it’s clear Roly should have gone home in general but for this tattoo, Deanna’s was the worst. 

I like to do monochromatic portraits in weird colors, purple, blue, green, whatever. Why? Why not. :)

Do you do them as tattoos or as art?