Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 04/09/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

On 4/12/2018 at 4:44 PM, Haleth said:

Every time they bring up Syria I think about Barbara and her gentle ophthalmologist. 

I've been thinking about this, and I think we all misunderstood.

BaWa must have actually been referring to Assad as a "genocidal ophthalmologist." D'oh!

• Love 9

I used to never watch Friday because it was taped and so boring. But Joy being the mod makes all the difference. Joy seems to be becoming more unleashed at her poking of Meggie, too. She keeps it shorter when Whoopi is there (but bringing it more lately, which I love) but when she is the moderator she doesn’t let Meg get away with as much, challenging her more and she has more time for better comebacks. Joy has been making Meg sputter lately more and more, so maybe that’s her plan. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, backformore said:

Yes, what bothers me about Meghan is that her blue card "facts" are often poll results, not actual facts.  She will argue, not by saying what SHE thinks, but present some nonsense about "72% of people say...."  

That doesn't make it so. 

That she and her husband are hawking t-shirts mocking Comey really bothers me. If someone was selling "sad Paul Ryan" t-shirts, I'm sure she'd cry about how disrespectful it us.

Not that she will ever be taken seriously but this is beyond tacky. 

• Love 5
On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎12 at 12:22 PM, ari333 said:

Whenever I hear a hawk overhead, I think ...MM.

How true.  And whenever I see a hawk or eagle with its eyes practically piercing its prey, I think ...MM.  When her mother was on I noticed they both have the same piercing eyes and also cock their head like a bird as it eyes its prey from slightly different angles to judge the distance to attack.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, rcc said:

Yesterday MM was jealous when Joy was very friendly with Paula at the top of the show. 

That's right, @rcc!  I forgot about that.  Joy welcomed the lovely and talented Paula, and then Elsa said, what about the lovely and talented Elsa, and the lovely and talented Sunny Hostin?  She's such a child.

• Love 20
On 4/13/2018 at 9:08 AM, Poohbear617 said:

I don't know why I have not listed this before cause it drives me nuts. Am I the only one who finds the View theme song to be the most awful, grating and fingernails on a chalkboard piece of "music". I can't make out most of the word. Are they say "we should go crazy, we should crazy too?" Repetitive screeching.  I usually have it muted so I don't have to heat Whoopi say "welcome to the view 50 times..but she was not there today.

I don't know why I have not listed this before cause it drives me nuts. Am I the only one who finds the View theme song to be the most awful, grating and fingernails on a chalkboard piece of "music". I can't even make 

I love the song.  It's so much better than the old generic theme.

On 4/13/2018 at 4:08 PM, CynicalGirl said:

I recently watched from my DVR and I was amazed that I got through the show in about a half hour.

Nearly every single daytime hourlong show is roughly 34-38 minutes.  If you remove over-produced intros and internal promos (ie "coming up next" or "later...") you are often down to 32 minutes of content.  It's the same for KLG+Hoda, Kelly+Ryan, DrOz, DrPhil, DOOL, JerrySpringer.  30-minute programs are roughly 16-17 minutes of new content.

What is interesting is that both FOX and NBC have announced plans to drastically cut commercial time during prime time.  It's their latest plan to battle DVR, Netflix, and streaming.  NBC plans to chop 2-4 minutes of commercial time per hour (from 16-18 minutes now to 12-14).  Fox has proposed dropping their commercial time to just 2-4 minutes TOTAL (though odds are that is not going to happen across their entire schedule.)

• Love 4
On 4/14/2018 at 9:06 AM, buffynut said:

I turned it off yesterday when Joy started talking about them.   Just before I turned it off, though, I realized that Meghan has made me appreciate Paula, and I've never liked Paula.  

Come into the dark side!

I may not agree with everything Paula says, but I like her vibe with the other cohosts and the fact that she is able to share her opinions without sounding mechanical.  She was also the one who got Kellyanne to admit that Trump did business with Cuba during the embargo on the show.

• Love 10
On 4/15/2018 at 6:00 AM, SanDiegoInExile said:

Nearly every single daytime hourlong show is roughly 34-38 minutes.  If you remove over-produced intros and internal promos (ie "coming up next" or "later...") you are often down to 32 minutes of content.  It's the same for KLG+Hoda, Kelly+Ryan, DrOz, DrPhil, DOOL, JerrySpringer.  30-minute programs are roughly 16-17 minutes of new content.

What is interesting is that both FOX and NBC have announced plans to drastically cut commercial time during prime time.  It's their latest plan to battle DVR, Netflix, and streaming.  NBC plans to chop 2-4 minutes of commercial time per hour (from 16-18 minutes now to 12-14).  Fox has proposed dropping their commercial time to just 2-4 minutes TOTAL (though odds are that is not going to happen across their entire schedule.)

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. It's annoying how they can't even get through one segment before they have to break. In my market, Wendy Williams is on opposite so I usually DVR'd Wendy for later. I've now figured out that Wendy does her hot topics without a break (about 20 minutes) and then has tons of commercials at the end. So I devised a plan: DVR them both. Watch Wendy for 20 minutes, then switch over to the DVR'd View. With FF, I can get through the entire View show, then switch back to Wendy and FF through all the crap there.

Voila! I've saved an hour, since my time is so precious. LOL

On 4/12/2018 at 8:30 AM, CheezyXpressed said:

I know people are hating on MM, and with good reason, but I still don't want her to leave. The revolving door of conservatives needs to stop and I'd rather MM get better than for her to just leave. Also, the ratings has gone up so ABC won't fire her unless she gets too crazy. What needs to happen is for them to sit her down and teacher how to have a normal discussion where people can share their views without sounding like how she's been sounding.

I think there's pretty much no chance that Meghan will get better.  In fact, she's getting worse.  Her habit of digging in her heels and believing she's the authority on everything doesn't bode well for anyone being able to change her.  She's clearly not at all open to being taught anything by anyone.  She doesn't want a normal discussion.  She wants her voice and her opinions to carry the most weight, and she's not going to settle for less because she feels she's always right.  Different points of view infuriate her.  Her mind is closed.  Shut tight.  That's not at all conducive to any kind of meaningful conversation.

This who she is.  A spoiled entitled brat who is overly impressed with herself.  Watch for her to bitterly place the blame elsewhere when her time on this show comes to an end.

(I actually don't want her to leave either.  I find her entertaining.  She doesn't make me mad - She makes me laugh.  She's just so ridiculous.  It's like a game for me at this point.)

• Love 3

With Meghan on the panel, I hear so many people begin to appreciate the former ladies that sat in her seat and of recent years (Candace, Paula, Jed), I've never been bothered by those women. I didn't agree with a lot that they said but I appreciated their delivery and thought they were complimentary to the overall dynamic around the table. Meghan sticks out like a sore thumb. Not only is she too 'tribal', but she's just seems to have a naturally aggressive demeanor on the show. Her delivery of humour is either sarcastic or condescending, her delivery of argument is always aggressive, unprofessional and condescending  and her delivery of personal stories seem the opposite of personal though she likes to bring up her father a lot. And I've realized that she lacks intonation in her speech which makes her delivery lack compassion, true humour or even light heartedness. She's clearly still there because she's controversial in her approach and those that blindly support a lot of the alt facts she provides think she's making the other women look bad when she's not. She'll probably stay there until she decides to leave or until the rest of the women are truly fed up with her behaviour and ice her out but I'm not sure Sunny and Sara would ever do that. Joy and Whoopi? Hell yeah I think they're capable of that, lol.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

This who she is.  A spoiled entitled brat who is overly impressed with herself.  Watch for her to bitterly place the blame elsewhere when her time on this show comes to an end.

I expect her to go out kicking and screaming based on how she's deliberately tried to harm The View/ABC's reputation regularly throughout her tenure on the show. She'll be whining everywhere that will indulge her about bias from ABC being the reason she was fired instead of the fact that she's unprofessional, unqualified, unlikable, and all-around awful at her job.

• Love 10